**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Deep dive: Negasonic Teenage Warhead

13»

Comments

• Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 843 ★★★

She ain't even a good defender. You can shut her evade just by knocking her down, and against tech champs she starts with cooldown. Her defensive abilities are as good as scorpion and gully99.

Maybe, but she’s still a must have for offense. Surely her abilities will be coming in handy. As for a skill champ counter, she’s what we needed all along.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 843 ★★★
    Maybe nobody is thinking about this, but is there any relic that can be used effectively with her? I was thinking just a Gambit relic for some extra physical resist/toughness, and you really can’t benefit from any other relic.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

Maybe nobody is thinking about this, but is there any relic that can be used effectively with her? I was thinking just a Gambit relic for some extra physical resist/toughness, and you really can’t benefit from any other relic.

Looking at relics possibly storm as energy resist rune as she uses energy based attacks and non contact
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    edited May 4
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

People are already complaining about animations and her kit even though her animations are Deadpool references and she will be able to cheese Bullseyes in 30 secs the same way Galan cheeses Peni? Lmaooo what a bunch of Karens there's always something to complain about.

Anyways I'm excited, I think she's going to take second spot in the mutant class now right after Onslaught. She can nuke every single problematic skill meta defender other than Nick, skill defenders are going to lose some value after people start ranking her up because she just deals with all of them easily.
    Also she's a solid Dust counter, that is more than enough to make her better than Kitty for BGs at least which is how I rate champs personally cause everything else really depends on preference.

MCOC players and complaining go together lmao
    It's just odd to me cause they've been complaining about mutant class being the worst class even after Onslaught got released. Now we're getting another banger (like I said #2 mutant in my book) and they're still complaining 🤣
    Mutant is making a massive comeback. Onslaught is fantastic, Dust is great, NC was great, Sinister buff is coming, negasonic is coming, and idk if you’ve seen the videos, but Dani is actually a chef and I think I retract my slander. Midstar no more
    Yeah I don't think mutant is the worst anymore, I think it's back to tech tbh.
    And yes I did she's already in my deck I took a r3 KM yesterday and she's barely r1, I take back all the slander I sent too I just hope I can awaken her soon for that sweet Nick counter.

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

People are already complaining about animations and her kit even though her animations are Deadpool references and she will be able to cheese Bullseyes in 30 secs the same way Galan cheeses Peni? Lmaooo what a bunch of Karens there's always something to complain about.

Anyways I'm excited, I think she's going to take second spot in the mutant class now right after Onslaught. She can nuke every single problematic skill meta defender other than Nick, skill defenders are going to lose some value after people start ranking her up because she just deals with all of them easily.
    Also she's a solid Dust counter, that is more than enough to make her better than Kitty for BGs at least which is how I rate champs personally cause everything else really depends on preference.

It's just odd to me cause they've been complaining about mutant class being the worst class even after Onslaught got released. Now we're getting another banger (like I said #2 mutant in my book) and they're still complaining 🤣
    Mutant is making a massive comeback. Onslaught is fantastic, Dust is great, NC was great, Sinister buff is coming, negasonic is coming, and idk if you’ve seen the videos, but Dani is actually a chef and I think I retract my slander. Midstar no more
    And yes I did she's already in my deck I took a r3 KM yesterday and she's barely r1, I take back all the slander I sent too I just hope I can awaken her soon for that sweet Nick counter.
    Yeah even after all this time, tech is still the worst. I thought tech was gonna be better after Fantman’s release but not really.

This is why I’m wishing for a new, at least top 10 tech champ to come. Maybe we will get Bastion since he’s the villain of X men 97, but which other techs do we want?
    Tech is the weakest, but still has some bangers. Red Skull’s buff catapulted him to the top, Ironheart isn’t game changing but she’s a good addition, I’m honestly not sure how good prowler is tbh, but we have some other meta relevant champs like Starky, Guardian (insane champ, watch trappy on YouTube), FAM ofc, Shuri, HB, etc. I definitely think it could use more love, but it isn’t doing bad right now
    To be fair there are some underrated tech champs. Iron Man IW, Punisher 2099, Darkhawk, etc, but the class is overall the weakest especially compared to science. Red Skull, Fantman, Shuri have their counters on defense. Iron heart needs a slight tune up to her duration or her sp1 needs to pause them. Prowler is good but his rotation seems to be really tight, and also he inflicts incinerate, making him unideal for champs like Onslaught or Kitty Pryde. Shock and incinerate immunity and resistance is more common nowadays. Even Nimgod falls short if the opponent is shock immune. I like Future Ant Man so much because his damage is disintegration, which no one is immune to. We need more tech champs like him
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,193 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

None of the relics are good for her, and gambit is the worst for her arguably. Storm relic gives a small bonus with energy resistance down. You can also pair sinister relic for a small willpower regen
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah even after all this time, tech is still the worst. I thought tech was gonna be better after Fantman’s release but not really.

This is why I’m wishing for a new, at least top 10 tech champ to come. Maybe we will get Bastion since he’s the villain of X men 97, but which other techs do we want?
    Tech is the weakest, but still has some bangers. Red Skull’s buff catapulted him to the top, Ironheart isn’t game changing but she’s a good addition, I’m honestly not sure how good prowler is tbh, but we have some other meta relevant champs like Starky, Guardian (insane champ, watch trappy on YouTube), FAM ofc, Shuri, HB, etc. I definitely think it could use more love, but it isn’t doing bad right now
    Nah it is really worse rn. The best defenders of the class, FAM and red skull, have like million counters, compared to top defenders of other class. Even offensively, they aren't doing much. Tech class really need a banger like onslaught. ghost, FAM and Nimgod alone can't carry the class anymore. We really need a tech champ who could do much more than "countering mutants".
    Red Skull doesn’t have a million counters lmao. He stalls every top cosmic or forces you to take damage if you’re using champs like Hulkling. CGR does good against him but my r1 has even cooked him before. Any top level bg’s player would say that RS barely has any good counters rn

FAM has a lot of counters but he still slips a lot of people up. Offensively, Starky is one of the fastest clearers of any class, Shuri and HB are great, and while I agree they need more counters, they aren’t “weak.”
  • Options

mbrace said:

None of the relics are good for her, and gambit is the worst for her arguably. Storm relic gives a small bonus with energy resistance down. You can also pair sinister relic for a small willpower regen
    Sinister bleed wont work on negasonic if u fight a skill so if ur fighting skill it be probs storm and even thats weak as just a bit of energy resist so a little more damage output
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

To be fair there are some underrated tech champs. Iron Man IW, Punisher 2099, Darkhawk, etc, but the class is overall the weakest especially compared to science. Red Skull, Fantman, Shuri have their counters on defense. Iron heart needs a slight tune up to her duration or her sp1 needs to pause them. Prowler is good but his rotation seems to be really tight, and also he inflicts incinerate, making him unideal for champs like Onslaught or Kitty Pryde. Shock and incinerate immunity and resistance is more common nowadays. Even Nimgod falls short if the opponent is shock immune. I like Future Ant Man so much because his damage is disintegration, which no one is immune to. We need more tech champs like him
    Prowler would counter kitty as he doesnt crit but u could just use nimrod or omega sent who both applies cowardice anyway to counter her just onslaught really be what prowler cant fully do but probs can still take
  • Options
    Bendy said:

mbrace said:

Sinister bleed wont work on negasonic if u fight a skill so if ur fighting skill it be probs storm and even thats weak as just a bit of energy resist so a little more damage output
    I think it will work, because she inflicts the bleed on her own, not via opponent's abilities
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Prowler would counter kitty as he doesnt crit but u could just use nimrod or omega sent who both applies cowardice anyway to counter her just onslaught really be what prowler cant fully do but probs can still take
    Yeah he can, but he isn’t an ideal countrer, so what’s the point of using him against her? Change his incinerate to plasma. Would still be unideal for Onslaught but at least he can take her and Havok as well
  • Options

Bendy said:

mbrace said:

I think it will work, because she inflicts the bleed on her own, not via opponent's abilities
    Maybe then not sure but as the post on the website doesnt have a recommended relic imma say she doesnt have a best relic yet
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Nah it is really worse rn. The best defenders of the class, FAM and red skull, have like million counters, compared to top defenders of other class. Even offensively, they aren't doing much. Tech class really need a banger like onslaught. ghost, FAM and Nimgod alone can't carry the class anymore. We really need a tech champ who could do much more than "countering mutants".
    Red Skull doesn’t have a million counters lmao. He stalls every top cosmic or forces you to take damage if you’re using champs like Hulkling. CGR does good against him but my r1 has even cooked him before. Any top level bg’s player would say that RS barely has any good counters rn

FAM has a lot of counters but he still slips a lot of people up. Offensively, Starky is one of the fastest clearers of any class, Shuri and HB are great, and while I agree they need more counters, they aren’t “weak.”
    What I meant to say is, red skull and FAM aren't tough defenders compared to top defenders of other classes, like onslut, Bullseye, Kindred, photon or serpent. They are annoying, but tech class is really very behind compared to other champs.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah he can, but he isn’t an ideal countrer, so what’s the point of using him against her? Change his incinerate to plasma. Would still be unideal for Onslaught but at least he can take her and Havok as well
    Yeah my go to mainly has been omega sent mainly when i see kitty inside of quests in war barley see her
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

What I meant to say is, red skull and FAM aren't tough defenders compared to top defenders of other classes, like onslut, Bullseye, Kindred, photon or serpent. They are annoying, but tech class is really very behind compared to other champs.
    Nah RS is a peak defender imo. Definitely some bias cause I have him as a 7* now lol, but he gets banned even while being a r1 at the very bottom of my deck. Stalls pretty much every champ other than CGR to some extent

I think there’s a difference here. Champs like Serpent and Bullseye are hyper-limiting and you have to have a mystic/bleed immune or you’re screwed and they’re pretty much forcing you to take some damage (not saying they’re bs, but they’re more so leaning toward the very hard end). Photon isn’t that hard now imo, she has a lot of good matchups and Kindred is a pretty fast fight with any science as long as you counter the root

RS leans more toward the hard defender category where he has a lot of annoying quirks, but he doesn’t turn off your dex or wp or anything. He’s just super punishing, turns off your stuns, stalls with auto block, can’t touch his block or you’re cooked, and baiting an sp2 means you’ll waste a ton of time.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,785 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I just wanna say, I've taken 7* Mangog Sasquatch and KM with my 7* Guardian, he already does more than countering mutants and in terms of speed and damage output he's better than any of the three techs you mentioned so they're not the only ones carrying the tech class. Problem is there's this misconception that he needs max sig when really all he needs is a 5* or 6* HB relic.
    I do agree that tech is the worst class rn though, this however doesn't mean the class in general is weak there are some strong champs there.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 275 ★★★
    Gotta say good on Kabam for going back to basics on respecting the class wheel disadvantage/advantage.

Looks like she'll be a mutant thats great against tough skill defenders, especially targeting bullseye but there are very obvious tech counters to her.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I just wanna say, I've taken 7* Mangog Sasquatch and KM with my 7* Guardian, he already does more than countering mutants and in terms of speed and damage output he's better than any of the three techs you mentioned so they're not the only ones carrying the tech class. Problem is there's this misconception that he needs max sig when really all he needs is a 5* or 6* HB relic.
    I do agree that tech is the worst class rn though, this however doesn't mean the class in general is weak there are some strong champs there.
    Trappy has some insane videos with him. He made battlegrounds lists a week or two ago and Guardian is placed in S-tier there so some people do know how awesome he is :)
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,329 ★★★★
    Kappa2g said:

Gotta say good on Kabam for going back to basics on respecting the class wheel disadvantage/advantage.

Looks like she'll be a mutant thats great against tough skill defenders, especially targeting bullseye but there are very obvious tech counters to her.

My one quibble is that Kabam has again created the Nimrod/HT problem - create a champion that pretty much nukes an entire class, that it becomes difficult to create unnukeable new champions of that class.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,364 ★★★★★

I really hate the whole phone thing ... Not only when idling/blocking, but she also does it when attacking as well. Dont know if it's a character thing of her being addicted but surely making it on the sp3 would be enough to showcase that.

Not to mention another annoying defender and especifically made to counter bullseye as well. Expected of course ... surprised she isn't also shock immune and has daunted to be anti-nimrod

You've never seen the Deadpool movies I take it? It's literally an call back to those movies and her character.
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Trappy has some insane videos with him. He made battlegrounds lists a week or two ago and Guardian is placed in S-tier there so some people do know how awesome he is :)
    That's actually where I got the tips from lol it just bugs me when people say "FAM Ghost and Nimrod are carrying the tech class" and completely forget about Guardian (and Red Skull but that's a different topic).
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 256 ★★

Look, she seems good, but calling her the second best mutant champ in the game is wild
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 256 ★★
    Kappa2g said:

They've never really gone away from this, and it wasn't even that prominent at the start of the game. There are a few exceptions but generally speaking it's the same now it's just that class identity and characteristics have changed over time
  • Options
    edited May 5

Look, she seems good, but calling her the second best mutant champ in the game is wild
    People said the same thing when I said Onslaught > Kitty and look what happened lmao.
    Did you watch the deep dive? She counters the whole skill class, all of it no exceptions, and she's going to be a decent dual threat with the evade and the non contact attacks. Tell me how many mutants counter the whole skill class like that and are also useful on defense, I'll wait.