**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Blade is the worst 7* in the game

1235»

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,074 ★★★★★
    LexSavi said:

Aleor said:

LexSavi said:

A lot of the arguments saying Blade is the worst seem to ignore his healing. While he’s not winning any awards unduped, he offers possibly the best healing in the game.

There are a very small number of champs who have healing that can be used throughout a fight. Aside from Blade, BWCV might be best for this. Tying healing to stored power is crazy good. There aren’t many times where there is no access to power, which means Blade can pretty much always access on-demand healing. Add the fact that he passively gains power when close to a bleeding opponent, and can feed his own healing ability, and his healing is top tier.

TLDR: Blade’s damage may be meh, and his danger sense may be too situational to be useful, but his healing is arguably the best in the game. Conversations about his merits, without taking his healing into account is like saying Human Torch is trash just as long as you ignore his incinerates. Blade was never about the highest damage output in the game, he’s about being immortal, cause you know, he’s a vampire…

Your tldr is as big as the initial message
    Also x23, wolverine, abs, duped Adam, Chavez iirc, Angela, bishop, deathless guillotine, Joe fix it, kg, dkg, knull, omega red, rogue, sw, venom are all better imo in terms of heal then Blade
    Not sure how you came to the conclusion that all those champs heal better.

X23 and Wolverine can out heal Blade for sure. If the RNG hits. Unless something has changed, their healing can be too unreliable (same with Switch as well).

Bishop, Rouge and Omega don’t even come close. Might as well add Namor to the list. Omega has amazing healing off of SP3, but requires max spores, meaning SP2 and getting to SP3 while keeping spores up (or running Double Edge).

Venom and Venom Poole have great healing. If the opponent has buffs, and if RNG cooperates. Even then, they don’t out heal Blade.

KG, DKG and Angela all have access to great healing. I don’t think any are so powerful that they are obviously better than Blade (remember that the big tree’s healing cycles while Blade’s is always on). I’d love to see actual numbers on this though.

I’ll give you Abs.

Blade heals 1% to 71%, anytime, as long as Blade has power.

TLDR: Blade heals better. (Did I get the length right this time?)
    X23 and wolverine will outheal blade because the can go to 100% and while their regen is rng based, they also have a high enough chance to trigger or in medium long fight, guaranteed for long fights.

Btw, in short fights (bgs) blade regen is kinda useless, as he can't go above 70%. If you're using blade with trinity, may also add apoc for aar to any mutant. Also blade would strongly prefer to fight opponents who are not immune to bleed, so he's also match dependent. Otherwise you won't get enough power to heal him to 70% and will end any challenging fight too early.

Bishop has basically the same heal strategy (parry - hold block), but also can go up to 100 HP. Rogue just needs damage buff and will be better in any fight where she can copy buffs. I don't think namor comes close, as after his regen nerf be can't go back to 100 easily. But if you include him, you can also add mojo, who has great regen as well and can heal almost all the time.

Venom and venompool heal is not rng dependent and I'd say champs with buffs are not less then champs who bleed. Also venom will end his fights a lot faster

With KGs you don't need to parry or do anything, you can just run around, hit in the block and wait for 100 HP. You can also just play as usual and still heal. Their heal is always there and doesn't need any action from your side. A better argument here could be mystic matches, where their regen may be punished or removed. But it is also true for blade (bleed immune, Elsa, cable, bishop, omega)

You forgot to mention knull, who is a beast, Chavez, who seems to be like rogue but better, joe, who I don't use myself, and Adam.

Tldr was a tldr this time, good job! Although you may want to specify what does better means in your opinion, as you can compare not only how easy it is to start any regen, but also how fast they heal x% of health, how fast can they go to 100%, how practical is it to use the regen given any possible downsides like fight prolongation, damage reduction, etc. I'm not saying blade can't heal, but I can't see him being the best.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★