**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Blade is the worst 7* in the game

Comments

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,056 ★★★★
    edited May 6

Can anyone actually post a 7* Blade video in BGs for the love of God? I can't with all the slander and I'm starting to think he really is that bad which makes me sad cause the OG Trinity got me through so much content years ago, it's how I became Uncollected 🙃

Pikolu said:

Idk, I've really been enjoying him. Always run 5/5 Deep Wounds anyways, so he is good in BGs and can be a sneaky defender.

Maybe Pikolu can , but let's be honest that proves absolutely nothing, all the match-ups you see will be 6* r5 ascended at best, at 7* r3 he's punching wayyy down, so I don't think it would make a valid argument.
    Maybe someone else can try a r1 or 2 blade to prove your point but I doubt it will.
    I don't have anything personal against blade man I love him, he was my first featured used the trinity a lot but.. it's not 2017 anymore. So when people just claim he's a solid pull it's simply not true
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,042 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

Pikolu said:

Idk, I've really been enjoying him. Always run 5/5 Deep Wounds anyways, so he is good in BGs and can be a sneaky defender.

Ngl anyone losing to blade is just bad at the game
    He's a tactic defender rn, that's probably the reason. Plus, the dmg we're currently seeing from blade is with the extra 10% attack from the saga boost lol.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,799 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Pikolu said:

He's a tactic defender rn, that's probably the reason. Plus, the dmg we're currently seeing from blade is with the extra 10% attack from the saga boost lol.
    Ah that's fair ig, I would've known if people actually used him. Although even then he is just mutant food
  • Options
    dee_jay5dee_jay5 Posts: 39
    Blade is a disused champion. The only reason people are talking about him is because he's in the titan crystal.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    edited May 6
    Blades nowhere near the worst 7*, but he is a bad 7*, he has barely any utility, his regen isn't ever going to be meaningful, his bleeds are his only utility, and like you said, his synergies are on fodder you can't afford to waste spaces on. Pretty laughable for a champion that was gamebreaking 5-6 years ago, an easy fix to at least improve him would be a synergy with a viable champion that turns his bleeds into ruptures against bleed immune champs, but still have them act as bleeds/extended via deep wounds. Wouldn't break the game but would at least make him decently viable.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,934 Guardian
    edited May 6
    Zuro said:

Pikolu said:

Not when your options are CGR and Fantman and you choose CGR 🤣

Also he is a tactic defender in GC, so if you don't get an X-magika attacker, then you're going to have to be blocking his entire specials.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

OP, you make some points I agree with and some I disagree with.

First, totally agree that Blade against a bleed immune non-dimensional champ is going to be a bad time. Just straight miserable.

Second, I saw in a follow up post something about incorporating synergies into his base kit and while I don’t think Kabam would do that, I do think there’s another way to handle it: Relics. Give a relic that can substitute for his synergies to widen his usefulness. Call it Dracula’s Fang or something, make it an alternative relic type to Strikers, and we’re off to the races. And yes, it would add Morbius to his Danger Sense because I agree it’s silly to not have the only vampire in the game not set this off.

I have a question about the conclusions reached on Blade’s damage. How many levels of Deep Wounds, if any, are those complaining about his damage running? He really demands 5/5, but that’s not uncommon for bleed champs. If you’re running less than that, he’s gonna have feather down hands.

When it comes to his usefulness in PvP content, that’s a very difficult question. He’s a champ that really lives and dies by the meta. He was a monster on attack in the Sugar Pill/Decay meta. I was doing T1 AW during that time, and 6* R5 Blades were extremely common, some even ascended. He was extremely meta relevant during that time, and it’s only a matter of time before the meta cycles back to him as an attacker in PvP content.

As for PvE, it depends on what modes we’re talking about. For endurance content, he hasn’t been relevant since we were using the 5* to tackle the Labyrinth. For Story/EQ content, I’d argue that he’s still perfectly useful. Do y’all actually use all five slots on your team for this stuff? I regularly end up bringing synergy champs to boost up a primary lane clearer/boss killer. For things like Winter of Woe where you get only one or three champions, we come back to the limitations on his Danger without synergy, which I agree with OP on.

I was one of the people on the other thread arguing that Blade is “solid.” I stand by that, but I think y’all are putting a lot more weight on that adjective than I am. He’s a serviceable champion. If you want to invest in him, you’ll see some cool stuff, but not enough to make him worth investing in over many other skill champions. He’s somebody I’d be very happy to see from a basic crystal, but very unhappy to see from a Titan.

To address your points, I'm not really getting the alternate relic suggestion. I do still think the best solution would be putting the ghost rider synergy into his base kit and adding a vampire section (to incorporate morb). They can lump ghost rider into the stark spidey synergy as an alternative synergy partner. That wouldn't be game breaking in the slightest, yet it would do so much for blade as a champ. They can keep the mephisto one as a separate synergy. He's fine without answering to bleed immunity if his danger sense has more range imo. While I don't see kabam doing anything at the moment, it's such a minor tweak that I hope they take note of it.

Next, I only run 2/5 deep wounds as I can't really find myself sacrificing my current setup to fuel extra points in there. I'm sure it improves his dmg, but he'll still be underwhelming regardless imo (without danger sense).

I don't do T1 war, but I can see how he'd be more useful there as alliances are way more coordinated and lanes/fights are assigned. That way you can take blade-only fights and can afford to bring support champs for him. Still, having to bring in dead weight support is a bummer.

And yes, I do use all 5 slots on my team lol. It might be an OCD thing but I also like to bring in 5 different classes when possible. Repeating classes feels like a faux pas to me, it's just personal preference tbh. For some quests, you might be able to squeeze in a ghost rider with blade, but again I'd rather take 2 separate champs that can do those fights, so I can keep one as backup.

I guess the term "solid" has a different weight to each player. For me, a solid champ is one I'd find myself using at some point. Either as a main attacker for a quest/ backup for the main attacker. They would find themselves on my team/ they are good enough and enjoyable enough that I'd go out of my way to use them. As it stands, I can't see that for blade. The danger sense range is far too limited and he offers nothing outside it (nothing that other champs cannot offer). A serviceable champ to me would be one that I use when I have no other options (a make-do champ, a stopgap of sorts). Blade would fit into that category, which might align with your definition of solid, I guess. We can agree to have our differences there.

Utilizing the trinity makes him a better 7* than vtd for sure, but without it, I still stand by my take that he's the worst 7* out there.
  • Options
    MrNoname said:

I opened 4 current titan crystals so far and got 3 freaking Blade in a row (the first one is Dust)

I did have 7* stark spidey but he is undup and Ghost Rider is useless now. And strangely enough, I don’t even have 6* Ghost Rider even if I have almost all 6* in the game. (Besides the upcoming feature ones like Spiderpunk, only lack Punisher, Psylocke, GhostRider and original Ironfist)

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,056 ★★★★

Blades nowhere near the worst 7*, but he is a bad 7*, he has barely any utility, his regen isn't ever going to be meaningful, his bleeds are his only utility, and like you said, his synergies are on fodder you can't afford to waste spaces on. Pretty laughable for a champion that was gamebreaking 5-6 years ago, an easy fix to at least improve him would be a synergy with a viable champion that turns his bleeds into ruptures against bleed immune champs, but still have them act as bleeds/extended via deep wounds. Wouldn't break the game but would at least make him decently viable.

Nowhere near the worst? My guy who's the worst then? Infact I'd actually like to see your top 10 worst 7* list
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    Excluding blade, I think Thanos is the definition of the worst 7* we have currently
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    Blade without synergy is useless and blade with synergy is not a top 10 Skill champ in the game. Leave sentiment aside he really is a bad pool in Titan or basic.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,343 ★★★★★
    When you're comparing Blade vs VtD, most of these comments make a mistake. There's no purpose in taking a matchup like Colossus and stating "VtD is better in these situations" because VtD being 230th best champ instead of the 235th best champ for the fight is not relevant to which champion is better, as you would never use either of them.

On the other hand, Blade has situations where you can absolutely say he's a top 5 option for a fight, where you cannot say that about VtD in essentially any scenario.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,521 ★★★★★
    He's not on the VTD level, but he's fighting him...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,341 ★★★★★
    VtD gets way too much hate. He needs Sig, and he's good for Questing. He's never been a short fight option..
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 852 ★★★
    The black widow relic helps his damage a bit when he can reduce ability accuracy in longer fights. I’ve got the 7* at r1 and 6* at r5 sig 200 (mainly out of nostalgia).
  • Options
    altavista said:

Worst is entirely subjective. People seem to be trying to force Blade into the 'worst' spot, and other players are keeping him in the 'Mid' spot.

Can't you just accept that some players consider Blade a trash pull and others consider it a perfectly okay pull?

Fwiw, I consider Hawkeye to be the worst 7-star champion (for me). I had the misfortune of pulling him awhile ago (as well as a Titan Thing, but that doesn't matter). A 6-star Kate Bishop does everything I'd need from an archer, and more. I have no use for him, even in Arenas, as his neither his Prestige nor his playstyle are good enough for mindless grinding. Unlike Blade, who at least has AAR, there are no matchups where I'd want to take in my Hawkeye over any other champion.

I know for a fact that there will be many people who consider Hawkeye a decent champion, to possibly even good. But that doesn't matter to me at all, since it is all subjective, and I know other players consider VtD the worst.

Hawkeye has slow, has good critical bleed damage when duped, has power drain on sp1, he’s good.

https://youtu.be/GvpXMGbnXqY?si=F1Bg-UOYGb51T67H
  • Options

VtD gets way too much hate. He needs Sig, and he's good for Questing. He's never been a short fight option..

This, however and also he’s annoying to ramp up because it all relies on RNG. Being a ramp up champ also limits him greatly in Battlegrounds where speed and health is the key to victory. At least Blade can be used in BGs