New FPS option in settings.

Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Posts: 444 ★★★★
edited May 6 in General Discussion

So this is new. I’m running an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Asked a friend and they have the same thing.

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 5,610 ★★★★★
    I noticed that also and kinda confused
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,380 ★★★★★
    Same message on Samsung S24 Plus.
  • MisterElixirMisterElixir Posts: 3
    Got the same on my S24 Ultra. intrigued to see how a higher FPS suits the game though. Might affect parry and dex timings more than people expect.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,128 ★★★★★
    I think everyone is misunderstanding what that setting is for as well as what the text under it means
  • AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 136
    edited May 6

How does either an

iPhone 15 Pro Max

or

Samsung S24 Plus

"Not support higher frame rates".

You need a PC with a RTX 4090 To get that? LOL

All seriousness, will be interesting once it's tested and launched to those devices as they should be able to support that easily with their power.

- Mando

Maybe link your PC to your phones. Maybe this will work.

But my best bet here would be that it was accidentally implemanted.

ahmynuts said:

I think everyone is misunderstanding what that setting is for as well as what the text under it means

Please enlighten us.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,128 ★★★★★
    edited May 6
    AtzeKrank said:

How does either an

iPhone 15 Pro Max

or

Samsung S24 Plus

You need a PC with a RTX 4090 To get that? LOL

All seriousness, will be interesting once it's tested and launched to those devices as they should be able to support that easily with their power.

- Mando

Maybe link your PC to your phones. Maybe this will work.

But my best bet here would be that it was accidentally implemanted.

ahmynuts said:

Please enlighten us.
    It's a new setting that appeared after a new update that was tagged with potential issues, and people are getting confused that it's saying that their phones cannot support it. Let kabam cook for a little bit before trying to assume what it means
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,380 ★★★★★

Got the same on my S24 Ultra. intrigued to see how a higher FPS suits the game though. Might affect parry and dex timings more than people expect.

It wasn't that bad before. Just took a few fights to get used to it.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,187 ★★★★★
    There is a chance that there will be an option to lower the frame rate.. and its at max, that's why it says you can't go any higher...
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,311 Guardian
    AtzeKrank said:

DNA3000 said:

How does either an

iPhone 15 Pro Max

or

Samsung S24 Plus

I think people often forget that everything they read in a program was written by a human.

Work backwards. If I were to make a setting that I knew in advance some devices would support and some would not, it would make sense for me to write the code to say "if the device is on the supported list, show setting. If the device is not on the supported list, show message saying device does not support the setting."

Now, what would I do if the setting was not fully working yet? Which devices would I put on the supported list? And what would the software say when run on any other device?

Also and perhaps more directly, the game text does not say your phone doesn't support higher frame rates. It says your phone does not support higher frame rate settings. Kabam currently does not support those settings on your phone.
    There is a major issue with this. As a programmer you test your code (hopefully) in a test envoirement before releasing it. Or if you wanna gamble exclude the part of your code with "--" or some stuff.
    Im no programmer and this "feature" make me laugh about it, but trying to defend it with "the game text does not say your phone doesn't support higher frame" is also some funny stuff xD
    Programmers do that all the time. "If this, then do this". For example:
    if phoneType in acceptedFPSPhoneList:
    Display option
    Else:
    Print("your phone isn't accepted")

It is very common to have to protect devices from accessing areas of code that would wreck them, so basically kabam would gest different phones to see what works with it and then add that phone to the acceptedFPSPhoneList. The issue that comes is that list is empty at the moment, so no one would have access to the option. I also imagine something as big as upping the frame rate of MCOC would have been communicated to us in advance instead of just dropped randomly in an update.

"I'm not s programmer but I'm gonna throw some stuff out there anyway '.

If you need to be an expert on saying something on a topic, you must be a MCOC mastermind how much you always talk about ongoing stuff.

@Pikolu I know and for me its just funny that this is "revealed" by accident, imo. Nothing more.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,707 ★★★★★
    AtzeKrank said:

If you need to be an expert on saying something on a topic, you must be a MCOC mastermind how much you always talk about ongoing stuff.

Pikolu I know and for me its just funny that this is "revealed" by accident, imo. Nothing more.
    The problem I have with what you said is that you're trying to invalidate something from someone who works in that field and has a vast amount more experience that what you just googled to put into that comment. I just find it funny that someone who admits they aren't a programmer but trying to correct someone who is or experienced in that field.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,311 Guardian

AtzeKrank said:

Pikolu I know and for me its just funny that this is "revealed" by accident, imo. Nothing more.
    The problem I have with what you said is that you're trying to invalidate something from someone who works in that field and has a vast amount more experience that what you just googled to put into that comment. I just find it funny that someone who admits they aren't a programmer but trying to correct someone who is or experienced in that field.
    Thanks for removing the tag in your reply. I appreciate it

AtzeKrank said:

Sorry that you got it this way, but this was never my intention. Somehow this got way more serious that i thought it could get.
    Im nowhere near to downgrade any of Kabams employees nor was my intent to blame anyone. I'm pretty sure this got revealed accidentally and will be cleared someday.
    AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

Sorry that you got it this way, but this was never my intention. Somehow this got way more serious that i thought it could get.
    Im nowhere near to downgrade any of Kabams employees nor was my intent to blame anyone. I'm pretty sure this got revealed accidentally and will be cleared someday.
    Why do you even think its an accidental reveal or it wasn't intentional?... Maybe they are working feature to come and is not worth "hiding"
    So many tinfoil moments lately...

AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

Why do you even think its an accidental reveal or it wasn't intentional?... Maybe they are working feature to come and is not worth "hiding"
    Because, as mentioned previously, this would be kinda a big deal.
    AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

It would be a big deal for owners of older devices that have a chance to lower settings for better game play. Not being able to push max on a game that doesnt, function at higher rates and most likely never will is irrelevant.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,707 ★★★★★
    AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

As DNA said in his post, this happens a lot. It also happens with the group of developers I work with. Some features are layered into a version before being released.

Have you ever wondered how data miners get early info? Because much of that info for future updates are programmed into updates.

I don't think it's there by accident.
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 182 ★★
    This is great, coming soon feature!

And let anyone who has written a program of MCOC’s size with zero bugs ever, you may cast the first stone!
    AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

AtzeKrank said:

It would be a big deal for owners of older devices that have a chance to lower settings for better game play. Not being able to push max on a game that doesnt, function at higher rates and most likely never will is irrelevant.
    But here is the kicker. This game can, by accident, get more FPS as normal. In some cases, sometimes this happens with reopening the game.
    No kicker...sorry this was a few days ago.

If you re open the game and you get "more frames" chances are that its related with you phone RAM memory process not an option in the game you can turn on and off.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 12,173 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

As in, maybe Kabam put this into the settings, and the ONLY thing it will say underneath (no matter what device you have) will always just say “does not support higher frame rate”.

As a way to reiterate to people the claim that the game can not support higher frame rate.
    Instead of them coming to Forum to answer questions about why they can’t have higher frame rate ?

Would be a good troll by Kabam to do that.

Just like maybe including a Store Item for RANK-DOWN GEM, but then excluding the ability to actually buy it, with a message saying “Rank-Down Gems are Not Available”.

Was gonna include the most recent comment, but Popcorn beat me to it above.