**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Nerf Serpent while you still can

2»

Comments

• Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 60

People calling for a tone down because he's a monster on defense???? While everywhere I look people NON STOP DUMP on him for not doing 20k a hit and having terrible damage.....if were toning him down ya better be boosting his offense. He's perfectly balanced

These are the same players that would go absolutely mental if they nerfed OP attackers like herc, CGR, Hulkling etc...

Defenders make them actually think and not just smash their way through the game. And we all know there's not alot of thinking going on around here sometimes.
    They should nerf both. Nerfs are a healthy and necessary part of game balance
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,947 ★★★★★
    Only 3 more wars left
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    If they chose not to nerf Onslaught, there's no chance they'll nerf Serpent.

Players have complained for months that Onslaught is overpowered, totally overpowers most Tech champions against the class system, and has no really effective counters, especially not when he's sitting on a War node.

Kabam's feedback on his re-balance could pretty much be summarised as "Yes, and? That's what we wanted him to be."

I'm willing to bet they have the exact same perspective on Serpent, who at least abides to the Class wheel, and has a modest number of effective counters.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 836 ★★★
    edited May 21
    PT_99 said:

I'm just confused on when was the last time Kabam made a pure broken attacker like they made defenders onslaught serpant Maestro Bullseye.
    Crazy times.

i'd say kate bishop ? 2023 champs were amazing, but kate's offensive prowess is the most outstanding out of them all. She melts 95% of the defenders like butter
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    I'll say the same thing I said on the Bullseye thread, onslaught wasn't touched, bullseye and serpent won't be. The major issue with the latter two is not their kit, their kit is overtuned but they aren't gamebreakingly bad, the major issue was Kabams insistence on pushing through with a war tactic that everyone already said was unnecessarily overtuned, and had such narrow options to counter both the node and the defenders that benefit it, but also chose to force that same tactic into battlegrounds too. Once Magic thief is gone, hopefully forever, never to be seen again, the defenders will be way more manageable with full roster access
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

People calling for a tone down because he's a monster on defense???? While everywhere I look people NON STOP DUMP on him for not doing 20k a hit and having terrible damage.....if were toning him down ya better be boosting his offense. He's perfectly balanced

These are the same players that would go absolutely mental if they nerfed OP attackers like herc, CGR, Hulkling etc...

Defenders make them actually think and not just smash their way through the game. And we all know there's not alot of thinking going on around here sometimes.
    They should nerf both. Nerfs are a healthy and necessary part of game balance
    No offense, but you sound like the exact type of player I described in my reply.

The "I don't wanna think about a match up, I just wanna punch things" type of player.

It would be very boring and stale if that was the case all the time. Ask ROL WS.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    edited May 21

Once Magic thief is gone, hopefully forever, never to be seen again...

Amen, brother.

Although I'm sure the team will give us a reminder of these wonderful times with an Alliance War Showcase sometime.