Spring of Sorrow week 3

Comments

• Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 334 ★★

Grub88 said:

Absolutely terrible fight design. The shifting controls is the worst thing in the game!! There is guaranteed to be a time where you have to shift controls mid special attack and the only way you can shift controls safely is to hold block dexing right on the time of changing is a 50/50 chance of working out for you. So can we hold block… no because Kabam made the special attack unblockable and one hit of a special attack is instant death if you cant get off a light ending combo in time.

Also the damage is way over tuned so she kills almost any of my top champs in one 5 hit combo.

If you know the timer is about to end then hold block 5head, that way she won't throw the special and you can bait it afterwards.
    It's like some people have zero common sense and want everything just handed over to them for free lol.
    Terrible logic, hold block then she throws a heavy and its the same result. Good common sense there
    Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Absolutely terrible fight design. The shifting controls is the worst thing in the game!! There is guaranteed to be a time where you have to shift controls mid special attack and the only way you can shift controls safely is to hold block dexing right on the time of changing is a 50/50 chance of working out for you. So can we hold block… no because Kabam made the special attack unblockable and one hit of a special attack is instant death if you cant get off a light ending combo in time.

Also the damage is way over tuned so she kills almost any of my top champs in one 5 hit combo.

Thats the point of this end game content it should be just death as its meant to be punishing i didnt mind dying to her mostly i cared about dying when it was due to invert controls on weather or not it will switch before the gun shot but learn the fight u have 2 weeks to get rythme down
    What? You just complained about the exact thing I was saying.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,762 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Thats the point of this end game content it should be just death as its meant to be punishing i didnt mind dying to her mostly i cared about dying when it was due to invert controls on weather or not it will switch before the gun shot but learn the fight u have 2 weeks to get rythme down
    I didnt call it a terrible design or a bad fight at all i got 2 solos of the 3 which was happy about only thing i screwed up on was the invert with sauron due to timings nothing bad what i said i dont mind dying just thing that bothered me was timings but it was enjoyable and fun im not even complaining about the fight im defending this fight from those saying its bad design or want to cheese it by using invert immunities
    Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

I didnt call it a terrible design or a bad fight at all i got 2 solos of the 3 which was happy about only thing i screwed up on was the invert with sauron due to timings nothing bad what i said i dont mind dying just thing that bothered me was timings but it was enjoyable and fun im not even complaining about the fight im defending this fight from those saying its bad design or want to cheese it by using invert immunities
    My comments are around the transition of the reverse controls the exact thing you have stated twice in your last 2 comments. This is something that is unavoidable and is a matter of restarting and trying again. I have spent less than a full energy refill on this fight so far and I have chunked her down 30% twice its only a matter of time before I get enough luck to get a clean run. My point which is that a fight should be designed on skill and not luck. Your opinion of whether you like the fight or not is irrelevant, it is exactly that, an opinion.

Also I dont care about using invert immune champs, I like inverted controls, I don't like being punished for playing safe when there is a transition between the 2 because there is a chance that the timing lines up exactly when you have to dex a special
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

If you know the timer is about to end then hold block 5head, that way she won't throw the special and you can bait it afterwards.
    It's like some people have zero common sense and want everything just handed over to them for free lol.
    Terrible logic, hold block then she throws a heavy and its the same result. Good common sense there
    No it's not, special has two hits, heavy has one. The chances of the heavy being perfectly timed with the timer to the point it actually screws you up are extremely low, we're literally talking milliseconds here lmao if the fight really was as bad as you say people wouldn't be soloing left and right. Get good or don't do it, this type of content is meant to be hard.

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

No it's not, special has two hits, heavy has one. The chances of the heavy being perfectly timed with the timer to the point it actually screws you up are extremely low, we're literally talking milliseconds here lmao if the fight really was as bad as you say people wouldn't be soloing left and right. Get good or don't do it, this type of content is meant to be hard.
    Another get good comment... hilarious!! How many solo's you got?
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    I managed the solo twice (7R1 Black Cat & 6R5A Kingpin), before this the only solo I'd managed was Human Torch on Iron Fist.
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Three: Chee'ilth, Kingpin and Toad. Took a few tries with Chee'ilth and Kingpin but I got it done.
    Same has been said by a lot of people on multiple threads, it is a skill issue so get good.

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Three: Chee'ilth, Kingpin and Toad. Took a few tries with Chee'ilth and Kingpin but I got it done.
    Same has been said by a lot of people on multiple threads, it is a skill issue so get good.
    oh yeah me too I solo'd with groot, kamala khan and civil warrior so maybe you should get good
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

oh yeah me too I solo'd with groot, kamala khan and civil warrior so maybe you should get good
    Stop deflecting of trying to think u soloed just learn the fight u have 2 weeks to learn it plenty of time to get and work out timings
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

The funny part is you probably can solo with those, you're just bad at the game.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,608 ★★★★★
    Just realized this entire saga so far should be called Summoners ranking up bench warmers. 🤣
  • SeamusRedSeamusRed Member Posts: 18
    Nacho98 said:

#BrotherhoodOfMutants but you can’t use Juggs or Proff X… seriously Kabam??

Or either magneto. 4 of the 10 Champs with that tag are unusable

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

The funny part is you probably can solo with those, you're just bad at the game.
    This is straight up hilarious. What constitutes good at the game? I have fully explored necropolis, my alliance is Plat 4 and we complete all Map 8 AQ, I have got every WoW and SoS reward to date, I have finished the last 5 seasons of battleground in GC and I have both DKG and DG champs both awakened. Struggling to see where your comments actually add up to anything of substance other than unnecessary abuse
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

This is straight up hilarious. What constitutes good at the game? I have fully explored necropolis, my alliance is Plat 4 and we complete all Map 8 AQ, I have got every WoW and SoS reward to date, I have finished the last 5 seasons of battleground in GC and I have both DKG and DG champs both awakened. Struggling to see where your comments actually add up to anything of substance other than unnecessary abuse
    You can do all of those but you can't time reversed controls? How much did you spend on Necropolis alone? Absolutely no way you're f2p.
    Not surprised you're struggling with reading too, what I'm trying to tell you is to keep practicing the fight instead of complaining on the second day that you can't do it and that it's terrible design, you have two weeks keep trying. That's the whole point of endgame content.

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

You can do all of those but you can't time reversed controls? How much did you spend on Necropolis alone? Absolutely no way you're f2p.
    Not surprised you're struggling with reading too, what I'm trying to tell you is to keep practicing the fight instead of complaining on the second day that you can't do it and that it's terrible design, you have two weeks keep trying. That's the whole point of endgame content.
    Again with the abuse, now I can't read. You are on fire! Platinum pass is the first thing I've bought on this game since September 2023. Keep clutching at straws dude your clueless logic is still no more justified maybe go back to where this started and re-review, while your at it maybe review your whole life choices
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    Welp, got her down with kingpin. Got into a great rhythm - got her below 20%. Then burned stupid revives because I couldn’t get back into a rhythm… she wasn’t being nearly as free with her specials as my first run.

Oh well. I am happy, 2 points minimum on reverse controls. If that’s all I get, that works for me. Everything else is gravy.
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127
    For those that used Blade, which stat focus should I use? Crit rate, special damage, something else?
    Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Again with the abuse, now I can't read. You are on fire! Platinum pass is the first thing I've bought on this game since September 2023. Keep clutching at straws dude your clueless logic is still no more justified maybe go back to where this started and re-review, while your at it maybe review your whole life choices
    U do realise all this time u could have been practising the fight instead of arguing about its aawful design about timings when u could be learning it trying champs out something productive
    So the agree then the design is awful
    Grub88 said:

Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

U do realise all this time u could have been practising the fight instead of arguing about its aawful design about timings when u could be learning it trying champs out something productive
    No i dont think it is i was talking about u thinking its awful when u could of been practising
  • Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Member Posts: 89
    Solo with king pin. Need a few tries to used to the nodes tho. But the fight wasn’t bad, and quite fun. Good thing that it’s not permanent reverse control, but the switching can mess you up. Going r4 toad (20sigs) and hit monkey later.
    Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Bendy said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

No i dont think it is i was talking about u thinking its awful when u could of been practising
    Must be my reading again...
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 935 ★★★★
    edited June 13
    So, who is everyone using for the Skill/Clarity challenge? I managed to get Gwenpool down with a 6*R4 Black Cat in four revives (should have been three but I decided to overcomplicate what i was doing, and paid for it).

What I found helped me is not immediately using a special if I'd got a couple of Passives up. With the pressure off a bit, I waited until the controls were about to shift and then launched the special. It gave me a couple of seconds grace to mentally reframe what I was doing, and meant that I didn't get caught out by controls shifting on me in the middle of one of Gwenpool's specials as often.

I relied on the SP1 a lot but if I missed the Passive then the SP2 was normally fine for the next Passive window. Using the Striker just before changeover time helped as well.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

So, who is everyone using for the Skill/Clarity challenge? I managed to get Gwenpool down with a 6*R4 Black Cat in four revives (should have been three but I decided to overcomplicate what i was doing, and paid for it).

What I found helped me is not immediately using a special if I'd got a couple of Passives up. With the pressure off a bit, I waited until the controls were about to shift and then launched the special. It gave me a couple of seconds grace to mentally reframe what I was doing, and meant that I didn't get caught out by controls shifting on me in the middle of one of Gwenpool's specials as often.

I relied on the SP1 a lot but if I missed the Passive then the SP2 was normally fine for the next Passive window. Using the Striker just before changeover time helped as well.

I used 7R1 unawakened Black Cat with 4* Black Widow Relic and managed a solo after a half dozen or so attempts. Others have mentioned using Hit Monkey.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★

Chobbly said:

I used 7R1 unawakened Black Cat with 4* Black Widow Relic and managed a solo after a half dozen or so attempts. Others have mentioned using Hit Monkey.
    Doh. I knew something was off when I did my 6r3 black cat. I didn't have a relic equipped.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    edited June 14
    I'm
    - not in a plat alliance,
    - haven't explored Necro specifically cause I'm not that great at reverse controls under stressful situations,
    - don't play aq much less map 8
    - never reached GC
    And yet

Less crying and more practice should help with this skill issue

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

So you have explored necro that already has reverse control matchups that are immensely more difficult compared to this simple gwenpool boss and you still struggle? Are you being fr rn??

If you're close to the control switch just do something that will prevent Gwen from throwing a special,
    - Parry
    - launch a timed special to cover the switch
    - use striker
    - dash back and create distance so she doesn't throw a special
    - use a slow MLLLM combo to delay the special

You're telling me, you EXPLORED Necro, you're currently in a plat 4 alliance, do map 8 consistently, you beat all the WoW and SoS fights till now, did all the deathless objectives (both aquisition and awakening) and GOT INTO GC 5 EFFIN TIMES

AND STILL CANT MAKE THRU THIS FIGHT?? DID YOU RECENTLY START TAKING DUMMY PILLS OR SOMETHING??
    How did you do all that and you still can't do a simple fight where the thing you need to keep track of is switching controls, and the boss is a GWENPOOL WHO IS SO EASY TO FIGHT YOU CAN LOOK AT THE COUNTER AND FIGHT OUT OF YOUR PERIPHERAL VISION THE ENTIRE FIGHT?

Where did I say I can't do the fight, I will do the fight I have no doubt about that. Necropolis was always active reverse controls changing reverse control is significantly different, bad argument. I also have no issue with the changing of reverse control my main issue is the unblockable special attacks. There is a window that exists in this fight that if everything lines up it is completely unavoidable to be in a 50/50 situation where you have to guess which controls are active.

If you want to keep carrying on about how you think you are better than me when you have achieved no where near what I have thats fine, I have barely even touched the fight yet, what I have done is assess the fight and after assessing the fight and the nodes I know this window exists even though it is small and some people may never even see it doesn't change the fact that it exists
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

I used 7* r3 black cat and got a easy solo. But even a lesser rank black cat works. Sp2 sabatoge debuffs and crit bleeds deal a hell lot of damage.