Spring of Sorrow week 3

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,832 ★★★★★
    Finished with

Kingpin
    Killmonger
    Sauron

Killmonger was the easiest for me to get into the right rhythm.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Where did I say I can't do the fight, I will do the fight I have no doubt about that. Necropolis was always active reverse controls changing reverse control is significantly different, bad argument. I also have no issue with the changing of reverse control my main issue is the unblockable special attacks. There is a window that exists in this fight that if everything lines up it is completely unavoidable to be in a 50/50 situation where you have to guess which controls are active.

If you want to keep carrying on about how you think you are better than me when you have achieved no where near what I have thats fine, I have barely even touched the fight yet, what I have done is assess the fight and after assessing the fight and the nodes I know this window exists even though it is small and some people may never even see it doesn't change the fact that it exists

You're embarrassing yourself. This fight is VERY easy to keep control of and you have to really take your eye off the ball to get yourself stuck in a situation like that. Yes there are a lot of things that can trip you up, unblockable specials being one of them, but you just have to keep her to her SP1, and work through the controls back and forth.

I'm far from the best player and I managed multiple soloes on like the 2nd day - this is arguably the easiest fight of the whole event so far and there are mutiple good counters for it across all of the objectives.

Your continued complaints, especially given you've acknowledge you've "barely even touched the fight", are a clear indication of your character.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Absolutely terrible fight design. The shifting controls is the worst thing in the game!! There is guaranteed to be a time where you have to shift controls mid special attack and the only way you can shift controls safely is to hold block dexing right on the time of changing is a 50/50 chance of working out for you. So can we hold block… no because Kabam made the special attack unblockable and one hit of a special attack is instant death if you cant get off a light ending combo in time.

Also the damage is way over tuned so she kills almost any of my top champs in one 5 hit combo.

If you know the timer is about to end then hold block 5head, that way she won't throw the special and you can bait it afterwards.
    It's like some people have zero common sense and want everything just handed over to them for free lol.
    Terrible logic, hold block then she throws a heavy and its the same result. Good common sense there
    No it's not, special has two hits, heavy has one. The chances of the heavy being perfectly timed with the timer to the point it actually screws you up are extremely low, we're literally talking milliseconds here lmao if the fight really was as bad as you say people wouldn't be soloing left and right. Get good or don't do it, this type of content is meant to be hard.
    Another get good comment... hilarious!! How many solo's you got?
    Three: Chee'ilth, Kingpin and Toad. Took a few tries with Chee'ilth and Kingpin but I got it done.
    Same has been said by a lot of people on multiple threads, it is a skill issue so get good.
    oh yeah me too I solo'd with groot, kamala khan and civil warrior so maybe you should get good
    The funny part is you probably can solo with those, you're just bad at the game.
    This is straight up hilarious. What constitutes good at the game? I have fully explored necropolis, my alliance is Plat 4 and we complete all Map 8 AQ, I have got every WoW and SoS reward to date, I have finished the last 5 seasons of battleground in GC and I have both DKG and DG champs both awakened. Struggling to see where your comments actually add up to anything of substance other than unnecessary abuse
    So you have explored necro that already has reverse control matchups that are immensely more difficult compared to this simple gwenpool boss and you still struggle? Are you being fr rn??

If you're close to the control switch just do something that will prevent Gwen from throwing a special,
    - Parry
    - launch a timed special to cover the switch
    - use striker
    - dash back and create distance so she doesn't throw a special
    - use a slow MLLLM combo to delay the special

You're telling me, you EXPLORED Necro, you're currently in a plat 4 alliance, do map 8 consistently, you beat all the WoW and SoS fights till now, did all the deathless objectives (both aquisition and awakening) and GOT INTO GC 5 EFFIN TIMES

AND STILL CANT MAKE THRU THIS FIGHT?? DID YOU RECENTLY START TAKING DUMMY PILLS OR SOMETHING??
    How did you do all that and you still can't do a simple fight where the thing you need to keep track of is switching controls, and the boss is a GWENPOOL WHO IS SO EASY TO FIGHT YOU CAN LOOK AT THE COUNTER AND FIGHT OUT OF YOUR PERIPHERAL VISION THE ENTIRE FIGHT?

Where did I say I can't do the fight, I will do the fight I have no doubt about that. Necropolis was always active reverse controls changing reverse control is significantly different, bad argument. I also have no issue with the changing of reverse control my main issue is the unblockable special attacks. There is a window that exists in this fight that if everything lines up it is completely unavoidable to be in a 50/50 situation where you have to guess which controls are active.

If you want to keep carrying on about how you think you are better than me when you have achieved no where near what I have thats fine, I have barely even touched the fight yet, what I have done is assess the fight and after assessing the fight and the nodes I know this window exists even though it is small and some people may never even see it doesn't change the fact that it exists
    So you accept that that window is so rare it's almost inconsequential, why are you so pressed on it then?? Bro must have had a brain smoothening surgery recently. THAT WINDOW EXISTS YES!! BUT ITS VERY VERY EASY TO AVOID, I have stated ways to do it which I'm CERTAIN YOU ALREADY KNEW, but still continue to bicker about nothing.
    You haven't touched the fight right, JUST GO DO IT AND STOP MAKING DUM ARGUMENTS about something that is astronomically rare and easily avoidable.
    Besides I never claimed I was better than you my whole point of saying that I have nowhere near the achievements you have so maybe you should just do the fight Instead of assessing pure A$$ OVER HERE
  • cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Member Posts: 79
    I did the 2017 objective first after one practice attempt with my rank5 Kingpin and then the skill/clarity tag with My rank4 Moleman. I used some health,attack and 8% skill special attack boosts that I had a ton of to make the fights shorter. I would say aloud to myself each time the controls reversed. I'm still hearing Reversed and Normal in my head from it 😆 🤣
  • FeydRauthaFeydRautha Member Posts: 49
    Can’t believe I soloed with a rank 2 six star Toad. I was planning to at least rank 3 him with boosts but decided to test the water with rank 2 and straight up got a solo lol. He is just a cheesey mcdelight for this fight. Even a maxed out 5 star Toad is more than enough to get a solo.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    Got them all done.

Chee'ilth, pretty easy. 7r3
    Kingpin, just didnt hit hard enough for my liking. 6r5 ascended
    Toad, decent damage on sp1. 6r4.

Not terrible, only used expiring revives so I have plenty for annhilus plus 10 odd days to bank some more.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    i used kingpin, toad and killmonger. KM got the solo really easy cuz you can get sp2 quite often thanks to matador, which mitigate cheap block damage. KP spamming sp2s works well too. 1 revive with sauron. Overall this fight felt refreshed after that mf onslutt last week
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 334 ★★

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Absolutely terrible fight design. The shifting controls is the worst thing in the game!! There is guaranteed to be a time where you have to shift controls mid special attack and the only way you can shift controls safely is to hold block dexing right on the time of changing is a 50/50 chance of working out for you. So can we hold block… no because Kabam made the special attack unblockable and one hit of a special attack is instant death if you cant get off a light ending combo in time.

Also the damage is way over tuned so she kills almost any of my top champs in one 5 hit combo.

If you know the timer is about to end then hold block 5head, that way she won't throw the special and you can bait it afterwards.
    It's like some people have zero common sense and want everything just handed over to them for free lol.
    Terrible logic, hold block then she throws a heavy and its the same result. Good common sense there
    No it's not, special has two hits, heavy has one. The chances of the heavy being perfectly timed with the timer to the point it actually screws you up are extremely low, we're literally talking milliseconds here lmao if the fight really was as bad as you say people wouldn't be soloing left and right. Get good or don't do it, this type of content is meant to be hard.
    Three: Chee'ilth, Kingpin and Toad. Took a few tries with Chee'ilth and Kingpin but I got it done.
    Same has been said by a lot of people on multiple threads, it is a skill issue so get good.
    oh yeah me too I solo'd with groot, kamala khan and civil warrior so maybe you should get good
    The funny part is you probably can solo with those, you're just bad at the game.
    This is straight up hilarious. What constitutes good at the game? I have fully explored necropolis, my alliance is Plat 4 and we complete all Map 8 AQ, I have got every WoW and SoS reward to date, I have finished the last 5 seasons of battleground in GC and I have both DKG and DG champs both awakened. Struggling to see where your comments actually add up to anything of substance other than unnecessary abuse
    So you have explored necro that already has reverse control matchups that are immensely more difficult compared to this simple gwenpool boss and you still struggle? Are you being fr rn??

If you're close to the control switch just do something that will prevent Gwen from throwing a special,
    - Parry
    - use striker

You're telling me, you EXPLORED Necro, you're currently in a plat 4 alliance, do map 8 consistently, you beat all the WoW and SoS fights till now, did all the deathless objectives (both aquisition and awakening) and GOT INTO GC 5 EFFIN TIMES

AND STILL CANT MAKE THRU THIS FIGHT?? DID YOU RECENTLY START TAKING DUMMY PILLS OR SOMETHING??
    How did you do all that and you still can't do a simple fight where the thing you need to keep track of is switching controls, and the boss is a GWENPOOL WHO IS SO EASY TO FIGHT YOU CAN LOOK AT THE COUNTER AND FIGHT OUT OF YOUR PERIPHERAL VISION THE ENTIRE FIGHT?

So you accept that that window is so rare it's almost inconsequential, why are you so pressed on it then?? Bro must have had a brain smoothening surgery recently. THAT WINDOW EXISTS YES!! BUT ITS VERY VERY EASY TO AVOID, I have stated ways to do it which I'm CERTAIN YOU ALREADY KNEW, but still continue to bicker about nothing.
    You haven't touched the fight right, JUST GO DO IT AND STOP MAKING DUM ARGUMENTS about something that is astronomically rare and easily avoidable.
    Besides I never claimed I was better than you my whole point of saying that I have nowhere near the achievements you have so maybe you should just do the fight Instead of assessing pure A$$ OVER HERE
    Happy?

It’s really not rare at all happens more frequently than pulling a 7* out of a paragon crystal
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

- Parry
    - use striker

Happy?

It’s really not rare at all happens more frequently than pulling a 7* out of a paragon crystal
    So you see agree that it's pretty easy and you were fussing over nothing?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Anyone else think they should've put dkg objective this week?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,762 ★★★★★

When i was doing this fight i had same thought i was like how wasnt dkg this fight

Oh yeah would have been really easy with him, just got a solo with him a few hours ago , r1 clean fight
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

Grub88 said:

- Parry
    - use striker

Happy?

See? Wasn't that hard now was it? All you had to do was sit down and focus, easy peasy.
  • knupdiputsknupdiputs Member Posts: 42
    Valkyrie was perfect for this.

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    Done with Black Cat (7R3), Iceman (6R5) and Toad (6R5), both ascended.

Cat and Iceman were one revive each (inexplicably clipped each time with <5% remaining on Gwen). Toad was more work, and I used a pair of revives to get to <10%. Dropped 3ish more playing dumb and mistiming the controls switch. All done in span of about a half hour or so.

All in all, mercifully manageable. Now I get to study up on Annihilus for two weeks.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★

Sauron, Monkey and almost one shot with Iceman.

Initially, I found this fight to be a pain, but it actually wasn't that bad. Just need to get into a rhythm and keep your eye on the reverse timer.

Iceman nice for me when I got heavy clipped a couple of times. No bleed kept me alive.

Dr. Zola
  • Cam97Cam97 Member Posts: 392 ★★

Grub88 said:

Bro you could have genuinely gave him good strategy/ideas for Playstyle but you just had to be a "know it all" try being a gentleman. Respect may not bother you but everyone you speak to like they're "5heads" thanks you're an insecure internet troll who wouldn't ever speak like than man to man.
    Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

Bro you could have genuinely gave him good strategy/ideas for Playstyle but you just had to be a "know it all" try being a gentleman. Respect may not bother you but everyone you speak to like they're "5heads" thanks you're an insecure internet troll who wouldn't ever speak like than man to man.
    I gave him advice, did you not read the hold block part?
    Lmao "man to man", easy there real gangsta. This is a forum, if a word like "5head" triggers you this much then you need to grow thicker skin, or buy a helmet, or both.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 293 ★★

Chobbly said:

So, who is everyone using for the Skill/Clarity challenge? I managed to get Gwenpool down with a 6*R4 Black Cat in four revives (should have been three but I decided to overcomplicate what i was doing, and paid for it).

What I found helped me is not immediately using a special if I'd got a couple of Passives up. With the pressure off a bit, I waited until the controls were about to shift and then launched the special. It gave me a couple of seconds grace to mentally reframe what I was doing, and meant that I didn't get caught out by controls shifting on me in the middle of one of Gwenpool's specials as often.

I relied on the SP1 a lot but if I missed the Passive then the SP2 was normally fine for the next Passive window. Using the Striker just before changeover time helped as well.

I used 7R1 unawakened Black Cat with 4* Black Widow Relic and managed a solo after a half dozen or so attempts. Others have mentioned using Hit Monkey.
    Doh. I knew something was off when I did my 6r3 black cat. I didn't have a relic equipped.
    I did the same exact thing w Toad. Never use him so I didn’t have a relic equipped. Only realized it after I had finished the fight. Took me several revives but got it done. I’m sure the breaks and free stuns from the relic would’ve helped my brain settle to keep me focused and saved me a few revives. No biggie though…

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

Lmao "man to man", easy there real gangsta. This is a forum, if a word like "5head" triggers you this much then you need to grow thicker skin, or buy a helmet, or both.
    We all are playing the same game and use the forum to ask advice. You had a choice to be a gentleman or be a chump who uses a keyboard to show how great you are at this game. No surprise the know it all chose the latter that makes you look foolish.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,762 ★★★★★
    Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

We all are playing the same game and use the forum to ask advice. You had a choice to be a gentleman or be a chump who uses a keyboard to show how great you are at this game. No surprise the know it all chose the latter that makes you look foolish.
    And he said hold block but the guy was arguing with him still
    edited June 15
    Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

1. I'm not great at the game.
    2. What could you possibly know about my "foolishness" when you're literally trying to fight someone over the word "5head", bozo 💀

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

2. What could you possibly know about my "foolishness" when you're literally trying to fight someone over the word "5head", bozo 💀
    I'm not fighting at all I simply said you can treat people with respect like any gentleman should or you can act in the manner you insist on showing for some reason. Walk a mile in someone's shoes sometime.
    Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

I'm not fighting at all I simply said you can treat people with respect like any gentleman should or you can act in the manner you insist on showing for some reason. Walk a mile in someone's shoes sometime.
    God what a snowflake, buy a helmet.

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

This snowflake played football baseball and basketball at a varsity level and even some lower level collegiate baseball. I have plenty of helmets that I earned. You don't need a helmet at all clearly you're hard headed enough naturally
    Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

Grub88 said:

This snowflake played football baseball and basketball at a varsity level and even some lower level collegiate baseball. I have plenty of helmets that I earned. You don't need a helmet at all clearly you're hard headed enough naturally
    This desperate attempt at trying to prove you aren't an insecure person that's easily offended is just sad. Peak entertainment though, keep going lmao.
  • witt24witt24 Member Posts: 35
    Hit 2 objectives with a 5* ascended Blade. Worst time ever. Then I accidentally restarted the fight when Gwenpool was at 35% health. #facepalm Did I mention I HATE reverse contol?
    witt24 said:

Hit 2 objectives with a 5* ascended Blade. Worst time ever. Then I accidentally restarted the fight when Gwenpool was at 35% health. #facepalm Did I mention I HATE reverse contol?

Contact support they'll put you back, given you haven't done anything else yet
  • Annihilator13_Annihilator13_ Member Posts: 337 ★★
    edited June 16
    Done this fight
    6* r4 starky - 3 revives
    6*r5 ascended bullseye -4 revives
    6*r3 toad - 3 revives(with boosts)
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 163
    Used Blade, Toad and tons of revives.

What I learned is to focus the reversal control icon most of the time, peripheral vision on Gwen’s motions. This helps me to dictate if I should handle reverse controls or not. It’s challenging just the way it’s meant to be but not ridiculously impossible. Glad this is Gwen and not Onslaught