**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Paragon & Cav get the same deals?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Kabam controversy during a spending event,..who would have ever thunk it?,…par for the course 😂
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 546 ★★★
    It’s pretty clear what the “problem is”
    The majority of the player base are in limbo,..not Valiant or motivated towards progression.
    That’s why there are “alternative ways to progress”, and why the last banquet and this event have been more structured to lower tiers.
    I have seen many players quit the game even after defeating the GM and getting Thronebreaker…as far back as a couple years ago.
    Always baffled me,..but progression and the motivation to do so must obviously be a problem.
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 90
    Joker1976 said:

The majority of the player base are in limbo,..not Valiant or motivated towards progression.
    That’s why there are “alternative ways to progress”, and why the last banquet and this event have been more structured to lower tiers.
    I have seen many players quit the game even after defeating the GM and getting Thronebreaker…as far back as a couple years ago.
    Always baffled me,..but progression and the motivation to do so must obviously be a problem.

This is definitely hitting the nail on the head, It still feels unbalanced because the fun of it is gone for most. I took a 3 yr break and then ended up PG within a short time thanks to the recent massive changes to the game on the quality of life side, and while I commend Kabam for all the changes it feels a little late.
    I found my own way to enjoy the game again which involves slowing down on the chase and stacking units.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    All those people saying paragons should get valiant should realize that even valiants get the same class 2-3 gem for 18k units. The offer benefits the lowest progression more. I am sure it’s deliberate to help accelerate people towards the highest progression faster and in line with their new philosophy of giving easy rewards for daily/routine things.
    For one, I am happy that the grind can be slowed down since the best rewards nowadays will be available easily. And also no need to try to stay relevant to get the highest progression tier since it will be handed to you on a silver platter in a few months.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,512 ★★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

Joker1976 said:

This is definitely hitting the nail on the head, It still feels unbalanced because the fun of it is gone for most. I took a 3 yr break and then ended up PG within a short time thanks to the recent massive changes to the game on the quality of life side, and while I commend Kabam for all the changes it feels a little late.
    I found my own way to enjoy the game again which involves slowing down on the chase and stacking units.
    I think Valiant was the best progression tier they introduced since it required completion of some of the best endgame content they’ve ever made (Necro) and also allowed act 8 as a way to progress. The lower tier’s absolutely have a more annoying time to get through though, and I imagine a lot of them gave up after seeing the top rosters which is why Kabam is helping them out and giving them lots of goodies. I don’t think it’s too late or anything tbh. They’ve done a good job with motivation
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 260 ★★★

My main account took 2 months for Valiant. My secondary took 10 minutes.

• Options
    Flame_4389Flame_4389 Posts: 1
    Kabam Jax said:

Trying to make the argument that Summoners below you shouldn't get as much of an opportunity to progress because they're a lower progression level, is a losing battle. A strong Summoner celebrates another Summoner's opportunity to grow. Don't be the type of person to climb the ladder and pull it up behind you.

I completely agree with this part and i'm happy for cavaliers and thronebreakers because i was in there shoes before and got amazing offers that made me progress faster.

I just wish that this would also be applied to battlegrounds. Because ever since the matchmaking changes i don't feel that i'm getting anywhere near the same opportunity to progress.
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 208
    Kabam Jax said:

Okay, let's get this all out there, because there's a lot of perspectives bouncing around on this.

The facts are, Cavalier, Thronebreaker and Paragon are all grouped in together, yes.

Moving beyond facts to inteprepretation/perspective: As I previously mentioned, it's easy to interpret this as "Paragon are getting worse deals because they're connected to Cavalier." However, from the tuning intention of the gameteam, the reality is: "Cavalier Summoners are getting better deals because they're getting deals catered to Paragons." There's evidence of this exact sentiment in this thread when people are saying there are resources available to Cavaliers that they shouldn't need, because they're too end-game-focused.

To address this directly: "Paragon offers are potentially being toned down due to the bracket extending towards lower progression players resulting in 'less value for the buck'" - they are not. Again, I understand how easy it is to find this perspective, but as someone aware of the intention in building these deals, I assure you that is not the case.

Realistically, the amount of time and energy it takes to create and balance an event of this magnitude is waaaaay bigger than you think it is. It is outside the realm of possibility for every progression bracket to get their own deals. So, again, the team casts a wider net and groups different groups together. In this case, Cavalier are getting better deals as a result.

Trying to make the argument that Summoners below you shouldn't get as much of an opportunity to progress because they're a lower progression level, is a losing battle. A strong Summoner celebrates another Summoner's opportunity to grow. Don't be the type of person to climb the ladder and pull it up behind you.

In other word, It’s understandable from the intention of the game team. Group all together except Valiant is a great move for Kabam, it push those Paragon have to move to Valiant, which mean spending more unit to rush some end game content like Necropolis, mean while stimulate those throne breaker or cava that this is a very GOOD DEAL for them! The person come up with this idea should be rewarded by the CEO of Kabam
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,610 ★★★★
    edited July 2
    I'm paragon and it's first time since the launch of the game that I haven't bought anything from 4th July deals! Insane!
  • Options
    RDR2JammyRDR2Jammy Posts: 43
    Kabam Jax said:

Okay, let's get this all out there, because there's a lot of perspectives bouncing around on this.

The facts are, Cavalier, Thronebreaker and Paragon are all grouped in together, yes.

Moving beyond facts to inteprepretation/perspective: As I previously mentioned, it's easy to interpret this as "Paragon are getting worse deals because they're connected to Cavalier." However, from the tuning intention of the gameteam, the reality is: "Cavalier Summoners are getting better deals because they're getting deals catered to Paragons." There's evidence of this exact sentiment in this thread when people are saying there are resources available to Cavaliers that they shouldn't need, because they're too end-game-focused.

To address this directly: "Paragon offers are potentially being toned down due to the bracket extending towards lower progression players resulting in 'less value for the buck'" - they are not. Again, I understand how easy it is to find this perspective, but as someone aware of the intention in building these deals, I assure you that is not the case.

Realistically, the amount of time and energy it takes to create and balance an event of this magnitude is waaaaay bigger than you think it is. It is outside the realm of possibility for every progression bracket to get their own deals. So, again, the team casts a wider net and groups different groups together. In this case, Cavalier are getting better deals as a result.

Vilifying the paragon players that just want better rewards well-tuned to their progression to help them reach the end-game with useful items to further rank up their 7*s instead of having their rewards toned down to include the wider net of Cav players (And don't deny that they are being toned down, because everyone knows that they are.) just isn't it man. Saying they are 'pulling up the ladder behind them' implies they are deliberately going out of their way to complain just because they don't want to give any Cav players an opportunity to reach the top, which is simply wrong - They just want worthwhile offers that are worth the ridiculous amount of units they are spending instead of spending the same amount of units as a Cav player who benefits WAY, WAY more then a Paragon player for rewards that are ridiculously toned down and thus way less valuable to a Paragon player.

I am a Cav player myself and I see a lot of great value in these offers that could help pull me up to the higher ranks of TB and Paragon pretty easily, though this isn't the same for Paragon players who have a more end-game driven goal and thus need way better rewards to further scale up their roster, not the rewards of a Cav as they have been specifically crafted to start a Cav's roster of 7*s and further upgrade their current 6*s which is way different to a Paragon's goal of further enhancing their current 7*s and obtaining worthwhile ones.
  • Options
    RDR2JammyRDR2Jammy Posts: 43
    OldManHop said:

xNig said:

For early Paragons who are complaining, those items are still pertinent to your roster.

To late Paragons who are complaining, why aren’t you Valiant yet?

🤷🏻‍♂️

I've only been playing the game since November, so the way people talked about the summer sale event had me expecting something, I don't know... different?

As a newer player, I didn't have a 36,000 unit-spend solo event on my bingo card, so that leaves an impression.

I'm not going to complain, but the hype was definitely overstated.

(I did spend a few bucks... But I very much expected to be compelled to spend more.)

Banquet spoiled me I guess.
    Me and you are in the exact same situation man, I started in October.