Is anyone going to watch Deadpool and Wolverine next week?

2»

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Yes, will buy tickets soon

To those who have seen it, how much did it affect the overall narrative of the mcu? Did it have much of an effect on the broader universe or was it mostly self-contained?

I haven’t seen it, but I think it might have a big impact
  • 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 244

To those who have seen it, how much did it affect the overall narrative of the mcu? Did it have much of an effect on the broader universe or was it mostly self-contained?

Self-contained, but many jokes require knowledge of previous Fox Marvel movies and the Disney acquisition of Fox to understand. It didn't affect the universe besides adding a new rule about how the multiverse works.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited July 26

Self-contained, but many jokes require knowledge of previous Fox Marvel movies and the Disney acquisition of Fox to understand. It didn't affect the universe besides adding a new rule about how the multiverse works.
    That’s honestly a little unfortunate for me to hear. Sadly the only reason I care about the mcu these days is because secret wars is supposed to be the big event this all leads to, and the Avengers/New Avengers into time runs out into secret wars 2015 story is my favorite comic run of all time.

I’m sure the banter between Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman is pretty entertaining, but if the movie didn’t do much to set up secret wars then I can’t say I’m that interested.
  • 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 244

I’m sure the banter between Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman is pretty entertaining, but if the movie didn’t do much to set up secret wars then I can’t say I’m that interested.
    It didn't do anything at all to set up Secret Wars, unfortunately.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★

i think there is one thing in here that *could* definitely pop up again in the lead up to secret wars but other than that it doesn’t even touch the actual MCU main timestream in any impactful way
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Gonna watch it simply because Ryan Reynolds and his team had the balls to stand up to Disney to go against their incorporation of DEI agenda in the movie.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    Going today
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★

I can answer it, but u won't like my answer...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian

It's a cameo fest, but at least most cameos aren't one and done, actually having a role in the movie even if just minor

Don’t think I’m asking for any spoiler or not.
    But how about the supposed Cameo by Ryan's partner with Wrexham FC, Rob McElhenney ?
    That was teased in their Wrexham show.

Wondering if he is actually apparent (ie, not hidden behind a mask) or not.

If any more detail than that, then just put in a “spoiler” tag (or the spoiler thread up here)
    edited July 26

It's a cameo fest, but at least most cameos aren't one and done, actually having a role in the movie even if just minor

But how about the supposed Cameo by Ryan's partner with Wrexham FC, Rob McElhenney ?

If any more detail than that, then just put in a “spoiler” tag (or the spoiler thread up here)
    he’s apparent i saw him
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Just once, I'd like to see a post from you based on experience.

Can you at least try.

i think there is one thing in here that *could* definitely pop up again in the lead up to secret wars but other than that it doesn’t even touch the actual MCU main timestream in any impactful way
    Ah alright, at least it wasn’t entirely self contained. Glad to hear it was at least a seemingly well-liked movie, the mcu needs more of that rn lol

I can answer it, but u won't like my answer...
    Lol I think I get the point…
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    Not interested
    I haven't been excited for MCU since Infinity War, which I consider the last really good film. I will maybe watch it in a couple months, but not in the near future
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 394 ★★

Planning for FDFS but none of my friends are die hard marvel fans.

Probably will see it twice, once in English fdfs and again in my native language along with friends.

What's your native language?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Just once, I'd like to see a post from you based on experience.

Can you at least try.
    I just saw it and unfortunately it doesn’t connect to Secret Wars besides the TVA
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★

He was cut, according to Rob himself on social media. One of the players is in a bar Logan and DP are in in the background and Paul Mullin plays a variant of DP under a mask.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian

He was cut, according to Rob himself on social media. One of the players is in a bar Logan and DP are in in the background and Paul Mullin plays a variant of DP under a mask.
    @SpideyFunko (your earlier reply), so who did you see then ?
    Rob (from Sunny in Philly) or the player Super Paul Mullin ?

@Sundance_2099 , or was Mullin entirely masked, and was just info from social media where they said he was in it ?

@SpideyFunko (your earlier reply), so who did you see then ?
    Rob (from Sunny in Philly) or the player Super Paul Mullin ?

@Sundance_2099 , or was Mullin entirely masked, and was just info from social media where they said he was in it ?
    my apologies i saw someone i thought was him but was not

mullin is entirely masked they just said it on social media
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★
    Yeah, Ryan posted behind the scenes photos of Mullin with his mask off, and the rest of the costume on.

Tom Holland's brother, Harry, was also one of the stunt-team Deadpool Corps members. Ryan apparently didn't even know.