Is Time to Bring Back Hard Questing Content

IamnikeIamnike Member Posts: 265 ★★
Would say changing story quest to make it more stream lined and easier has been an overall net positive for game and the players. But I would be lying if I said I don't miss the challenge and how upset I would get going through 6.2 pre nerf. I think when variant content comes ( if it does) that should be the place where the summoners who love and love the feeling of not being able to do content day one can get that feeling and challenge that old variant and story content use to offer. How do you think.

Is Time to Bring Back Hard Questing Content 169 votes

No leave it the way it is
53%
sfu_koraxAce_03zuffyTensioallinashesLuciusVorenusGK_23Foxhero007Mqc19Mhd20034AshyKnucklesNemesis666Godrohrspiderknight616Garlando001TheHeroDeservedKerneasUnobtainiumClawsMoosetiptronicMigginsly 90 votes
Yes I miss challenge in Questing
37%
RaganatorMagrailothosSungjPIKESTAINFrankWhiteLilMaddogHTMrTicTac19992008MilesHolmwoodGarloCupidFunkIamnikeThe_Blue_JaguarRayven5220sxlbstverliebtSagacious0wlAyden_noah1SpadeHunterTotalMonster110Aykut387 63 votes
Its already hard enough for me
9%
KeonexHyperionRagnarok13SyndicatedDeaconpeixemacacoPowerofpain1001Disthene_TchrisvisaIoniqus_797Nogood22WeenerAvnishShadow_ShooterCwrobinson31Alphapanda333 16 votes

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    I would say yes, but the problem is we have too much content in my opinion
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    Iamnike said:

Would say changing story quest to make it more stream lined and easier has been an overall net positive for game and the players. But I would be lying if I said I don't miss the challenge and how upset I would get going through 6.2 pre nerf. I think when variant content comes ( if it does) that should be the place where the summoners who love and love the feeling of not being able to do content day one can get that feeling and challenge that old variant and story content use to offer. How do you think.

So barricade new players behind what you think is a reasonable difficulty?
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★
    edited July 17
    Did you do 100% Necropolis, SOS, and CCP Challenges??
    ....are you Valiant?
    Who makes that call?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    A year ago I would've said no leave it the way it is but I do think story content should go back to being as hard and restrictive as pre-nerf Act 6 or at the very least close cause it's become way too easy now. Anyone who's already 100% Act 8 most likely has a massive roster at this point, and those that haven't wouldn't have any business doing Act 9 until they 100% Act 8.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    My answer (no) is based on the insanely wide gap between f2p and paying customers. At this point, paying Valiants are so much ahead, that to make a playable, hard enough content for them, would mean to design a nightmare for vast majority of competetive f2p or even small-scale spending players.
    I see that gosh darned “f2p” or “free to play” garbage, it’s automatic downvote/disagree.
    You’re not special.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Story content is almost easier than EQ now, definitely time to revisit the structure and design. Especially with less paths now, I think
    12 fight lines would be a welcome change.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    I’m good with act content being easy cause they do give us endgame content still

I honestly think that Kabam used to artificially inflate the difficulty of content a lot instead of it being genuine skill based stuff. Abyss, some parts of act 6 (pre-nerf), and even some EOP objectives were just revive sinks even if you played well at the time of release. I’m glad that we have content like Necro now instead

I did like some parts of pre-nerf act 6 with more limitations so that could definitely be implemented, but I firmly believe that most of Kabam’s older content was just artificially inflated to be difficult
    You think EQ is harder than story content?
    Weird take, but try to explain yourself.

Or it’s the “almost” modicum getting you off the hook?

I do think there needs to be a valiant EQ.
    Not sure why it’s taking so long for you guys.

Probably trying to decide on rewards.
    Do we give them their 25th r3, or just r2 stuff.

Who can scream more? The haves, or the have nots?
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    There is more than enough annoying content.
  • IamnikeIamnike Member Posts: 265 ★★

Someone watched Brian’s last video he?

I really miss hard content. It’s like he said. Back then you needed signature champs which fulfil the specific requirements to succeed.

Todays like hmm nothing special really. Everything has its pros and cons

You got me lol he always get me thinking.
    PT_99 said:

Do that new Carina challenge of Tigra Jabari Avengers.
    That'll keep you entertained

Did it already brought me back.

BRING BACK VARIANTS.

Variants based on saga champ pool and storyline is just a missed opportunity. Or a Third difficulty of back issues work as well

Thats a great idea, idk if they churn out a quest like every 3 months but I like where your head is at.
    KLZ said:

Did you do 100% Necropolis, SOS, and CCP Challenges??
    ....are you Valiant?

Yes I've done all the content.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 940 ★★★★
    If you’ve run out of challenge, you can challenge yourself to becoming 1st in BG next season, and the season after that too.

• spiderknight616spiderknight616 Member Posts: 497 ★★★
    What we need is valiant EQ. Even paragon gauntlet isn't challenging enough for anyone past early paragon