Who is the best pick from reunion selector?

2»

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★
    Punisher 2099

EdisonLaw said:

What are people going to do with their selector now that many of us have finished crucible and have opened 2 of the 7* crystals? Are you going to try to dupe one of your champs or select someone new?

I pulled White Mags (and Misty 🫤) and I’m trying to decide whether to dupe Wags (does he need it??) or get Punisher99.

Wags doesn't really need it, he has everything unduped
    Awesome. Thanks @EdisonLaw That makes my choice clearer. Punisher it is.
    You're welcome, also you'll appreciate these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zztx36YPl8Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMFEMvgujQ&t=89s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2W4gfW8YHo
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Manthing

What are people going to do with their selector now that many of us have finished crucible and have opened 2 of the 7* crystals? Are you going to try to dupe one of your champs or select someone new?

I pulled White Mags (and Misty 🫤) and I’m trying to decide whether to dupe Wags (does he need it??) or get Punisher99.

I'm still going Man-Thing and he's going straight to r2 for the crit me meta. I think a lot of people are forgetting that that meta will also be during BGs anniversary season which = buffed rewards which = better than anything you can get out of that selector.
    So, long story short if you care about the buffed BGs rewards go Man-Thing, if you don't P2099 easy.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Manthing

I'm still going Man-Thing and he's going straight to r2 for the crit me meta. I think a lot of people are forgetting that that meta will also be during BGs anniversary season which = buffed rewards which = better than anything you can get out of that selector.
    So, long story short if you care about the buffed BGs rewards go Man-Thing, if you don't P2099 easy.
    Does manthing need dupe for defense? Otherwise I'll go for wags he seems pretty good for me on attack.
    Manthing

Does manthing need dupe for defense? Otherwise I'll go for wags he seems pretty good for me on attack.
    Nope not at all, it can increase his damage output at sig 200 but even then you probably wouldn't use him in BGs attack, and the regen kinda hurts him ironically because we've been getting so many science champs with heal reversal, it's a double edged sword.
    The only thing you really want is MD 3 (not higher or lower) so he can stall even longer with the constant power gain if the attacker isn't using buff immune, which btw out of all buff immune champs only Titania is fast enough but she will suck for the crit me meta so even more reason to be running MD with him.
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    White mag
    EdisonLaw said:

Wags dupe is very good and scales very good. Over 50% increased armor break at sig 20 and more importantly degen and bleed duration. I’d say that’s definitely needed for certain fights.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 293 ★★
    Punisher 2099
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Awesome. Thanks @EdisonLaw That makes my choice clearer. Punisher it is.
    You're welcome, also you'll appreciate these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zztx36YPl8Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMFEMvgujQ&t=89s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2W4gfW8YHo
    These are awesome. Thanks again!
    Punisher 2099

Nope not at all, it can increase his damage output at sig 200 but even then you probably wouldn't use him in BGs attack, and the regen kinda hurts him ironically because we've been getting so many science champs with heal reversal, it's a double edged sword.
    The only thing you really want is MD 3 (not higher or lower) so he can stall even longer with the constant power gain if the attacker isn't using buff immune, which btw out of all buff immune champs only Titania is fast enough but she will suck for the crit me meta so even more reason to be running MD with him.

What is it about the upcoming BG Meta that makes him such a good choice? I’ve not played the “offseason” of BG’s at all. I needed a break from that format. What does the crit me meta do and which other champs will be good for it on attack and defense?
    Manthing

What is it about the upcoming BG Meta that makes him such a good choice? I’ve not played the “offseason” of BG’s at all. I needed a break from that format. What does the crit me meta do and which other champs will be good for it on attack and defense?
    It's not this season, it's the one after this one, he's actually pretty bad for this one cause science champs are ridiculously strong for this one.

But anyways basically, crit me meta makes it so defenders only take damage from crits, Man-Thing reduces bonus crit damage by 100% meaning when you do crit him it'll be as though you landed a regular non-crit attack. This makes him a tank for that meta and possibly the best defender because you won't be able to nuke him no matter what you do.
    Punisher 2099

It's not this season, it's the one after this one, he's actually pretty bad for this one cause science champs are ridiculously strong for this one.

But anyways basically, crit me meta makes it so defenders only take damage from crits, Man-Thing reduces bonus crit damage by 100% meaning when you do crit him it'll be as though you landed a regular non-crit attack. This makes him a tank for that meta and possibly the best defender because you won't be able to nuke him no matter what you do.

Thanks for letting me know. This just makes my choice a little harder again I guess. Sounds like we will be seeing a ton of Man-Things during that season. That’ll suck.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    White mag

@ItsClobberinTime why not higher for MD?
    Manthing

Two reasons:
    1. With higher MD he becomes much worse on attack because the power gain is too much and won't allow you to do sp1 heavy spam, instead it'll constantly put you above two bars which you really don't want unless there are a ton of buffs for you to nullify.
    2. Same reason as with attack though to a lesser extent, you want him spamming sp1s on defenstoo too. If you have maxed MD it's easier to push him to sp2 which means less specials to bait, less pustule buffs on the attacker, less poison damage.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    White mag

Two reasons:
    1. With higher MD he becomes much worse on attack because the power gain is too much and won't allow you to do sp1 heavy spam, instead it'll constantly put you above two bars which you really don't want unless there are a ton of buffs for you to nullify.
    2. Same reason as with attack though to a lesser extent, you want him spamming sp1s on defenstoo too. If you have maxed MD it's easier to push him to sp2 which means less specials to bait, less pustule buffs on the attacker, less poison damage.
    Got it. I'll never use him on attack in BG, and when I've friends with 5/5 MD, I couldn't stop reliable to get him to sp2 and he just shot straight up to sp3.

I think I'll just run him with 5/5 MD still (6r5 currently, not the 7*)
    Manthing

Two reasons:
    Got it. I'll never use him on attack in BG, and when I've friends with 5/5 MD, I couldn't stop reliable to get him to sp2 and he just shot straight up to sp3.

I think I'll just run him with 5/5 MD still (6r5 currently, not the 7*)
    It's not super necessary though you're better off using those two points on something else, like maxed Inequity for example so people can't use your own ultimate weapon against you 😂
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    edited August 25
    Manthing

Why MD 3 specifically? I run MD 4 always and it is really useful for him in attack (back to back sp2s).

Nvm, seen your comment. I'm Still going to run MD 4 as it is beneficial for other mystics for me(specifically abs man).
  • BEA5T_FURYBEA5T_FURY Member Posts: 48
    Immortal Hulk
    I am kinda confused on who to pick got wags twice from my crucible exploration he is good champion but as for the selector iam confused initially I was going to pick immortal hulk as he was one of my 1st 4* and like using him a lot plus I also need a defensive tank for the sos objective as I currently have no good option but after seeing a lot of forums and videos about the selector and hearing ppl say p99 is best choice iam kinda confused on whom to pick as I have 0 knowledge about him but seeing him do some crazy damage and knowing very well how annoying he will be on defense with that block penetration stat focus iam kinda impressed by him it's kinda like my brain is saying p99 but my heart says ihulk so what should I do? Iam open to suggestions
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    @raviXsharma
    This is an existing Reunion Selector poll, with already a lot of votes.
    (instead of making a new poll of yours)