When is the balance update for Destroyer and Serpent?

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

To anyone expecting a Destroyer buff, Ironheart didn't happen, no way Destroyer will happen. Better be disappointed now than later lmao.

I have a small smidge of hope as destroyer is supposed to have 4/5 damage and with how long
    It takes for him to get there I feel like it deducts some points from his damage making it lower than it should be.

Ironheart is supposed to be a utility powerhouse with 3/5 damage, which feels pretty accurate. We all wanted her to get a slight tune up to maybe a 3.5/5 but that unfortunately wasn’t her target number. I wish it was, it would’ve made her far more valuable, but it doesn’t seem like that’s what they were going for.
    You do have a very valid point there, but I still don't think the logic will work like that for them. Speed has nothing to do with damage to them clearly, so they'll probably say he hit all the targets too and leave him as is.
    His damage is 4/5 indeed it's just the speed but I don't think they'll care about it honestly, easier to just call it day and keep giving us mid champs since animations and utility are the only things people care about these days and that's how they'll keeping most people on these forums satisfied 💀
    I say this just because of how everyone keeps praising Enchantress even though she's a complete noodle for the first 6 minutes of a fight lol.

To anyone expecting a Destroyer buff, Ironheart didn't happen, no way Destroyer will happen. Better be disappointed now than later lmao.

Honestly Destroyer is good in attack except if he can ramp up quicker it'll be more fun to use him on attack
    I would rank up my 6* if they allowed him to ramp up faster but I've seen his damage output as is currently and I highly doubt they will buff him.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

I hope serpent stays the same 😭😭

Honestly he might, or he may get a slight tunedown like Bullseye did
    I think he definitely deserves more than that. He has a third of the counters bullseye does, and unlike bullseye has no champs who can consistently take him in 45s or less without special circumstances. Bullseye can get nuked with a good onslaught, aa, bishop, sunspot, or Cgr fight etc whereas I don’t think I’ve ever seen a serpent fight with over 50k points. He’s waaayyyy worse.
    Kushala or Chavez maybe? I also haven't seen one yet
    Chavez and Kushala I are both around 50-60s. It’s not a bad score but again even his best counters don’t nuke him. Maybe in a buff heavy meta or with a rank advantage they could take him in 45s but that’s why I said consistently and without special circumstances. That would more so be the exception rather than the rule.
    https://youtu.be/4fuzvJ428ss?si=5kxiiRb0n89Se9CK

68 secs but he ended with full health
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Considering every new update has been super late, I’d assume next week sometime. Tomorrow if we’re really lucky

They're probably still deciding if Serpent needs to be nerfed or not lol
    If their decision isn’t “serpent is the worst thing ever created, we’re nerfing him, and we’re sorry to the community” then I’m not gonna be happy lmao
    They've already stated that he is doing what he was intended of him if not a little overturned.

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★

@KabamDORK Please release the rebalancing update for serpent and Destroyer. It was late last month as well, please fix this schedule.

It's the weekend now so any update will given next week only
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

I have a small smidge of hope as destroyer is supposed to have 4/5 damage and with how long
    It takes for him to get there I feel like it deducts some points from his damage making it lower than it should be.

Ironheart is supposed to be a utility powerhouse with 3/5 damage, which feels pretty accurate. We all wanted her to get a slight tune up to maybe a 3.5/5 but that unfortunately wasn’t her target number. I wish it was, it would’ve made her far more valuable, but it doesn’t seem like that’s what they were going for.
    You do have a very valid point there, but I still don't think the logic will work like that for them. Speed has nothing to do with damage to them clearly, so they'll probably say he hit all the targets too and leave him as is.
    His damage is 4/5 indeed it's just the speed but I don't think they'll care about it honestly, easier to just call it day and keep giving us mid champs since animations and utility are the only things people care about these days and that's how they'll keeping most people on these forums satisfied 💀
    I say this just because of how everyone keeps praising Enchantress even though she's a complete noodle for the first 6 minutes of a fight lol.
    Oh I totally get it, that’s why my level of hope only goes as far as a small smidge lol. If I had to bet on what will happen I’d bet that he stays the same, but I have a 7* destroyer and his value has been dropping rapidly. He needs some help on attack since he’s barely a defender atp.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

I think he definitely deserves more than that. He has a third of the counters bullseye does, and unlike bullseye has no champs who can consistently take him in 45s or less without special circumstances. Bullseye can get nuked with a good onslaught, aa, bishop, sunspot, or Cgr fight etc whereas I don’t think I’ve ever seen a serpent fight with over 50k points. He’s waaayyyy worse.
    Kushala or Chavez maybe? I also haven't seen one yet
    Chavez and Kushala I are both around 50-60s. It’s not a bad score but again even his best counters don’t nuke him. Maybe in a buff heavy meta or with a rank advantage they could take him in 45s but that’s why I said consistently and without special circumstances. That would more so be the exception rather than the rule.
    https://youtu.be/4fuzvJ428ss?si=5kxiiRb0n89Se9CK

68 secs but he ended with full health
    That was solid especially for a rank 3. But yea even wigra who has really damn good damage still is taking over a minute for him. Maybe against an r6 with a bit better ai she could do it in 50s, but I don’t think she can take him in 45s or less without a pretty major rank advantage.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★
    I'll say these changes are fine with serpent

His sig ability, should only have 100% chance to trigger. Once his death immunity triggers, He should lose his regular power gain buff entirely (like war machine's empty the clip ability).

Nerf him in such a way he will be balanced and still remains the best defender in the game.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★

His sig ability, should only have 100% chance to trigger. Once his death immunity triggers, He should lose his regular power gain buff entirely (like war machine's empty the clip ability).

Nerf him in such a way he will be balanced and still remains the best defender in the game.

Agree, the power gain with death immunity needs to be completely removed or his only source of power. If you have to bait an sp2 around the time that thing triggers you basically have lost the fight.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Agree, the power gain with death immunity needs to be completely removed or his only source of power. If you have to bait an sp2 around the time that thing triggers you basically have lost the fight.
    Also his buff duration and potencies cannot be affected by external sources except synergies.

BigBlueOx said:

Also his buff duration and potencies cannot be affected by external sources except synergies.
    If not all that, then they need to make him a dang cream puff and remove all the damage mitigation to give people a chance to strategically nuke him
    Garlo said:

EdisonLaw said:

The question is: Why does he have to get nuked? Not all the defenders need to get nuked here and there. For example, you can finish your fight with full yellow bar using Chavez, Kushala, SS or even Mojo. I think Serpent is fine as it is.
    As others explained, he’s a bit too much. Bullseye has more hard counters than Serpent

Oh I totally get it, that’s why my level of hope only goes as far as a small smidge lol. If I had to bet on what will happen I’d bet that he stays the same, but I have a 7* destroyer and his value has been dropping rapidly. He needs some help on attack since he’s barely a defender atp.
    He does yeah, I wish he did too cause his damage is really good and if he was faster I would rank up the 6*. Just sucks that they want to keep this year's releases defender oriented mainly.

He does yeah, I wish he did too cause his damage is really good and if he was faster I would rank up the 6*. Just sucks that they want to keep this year's releases defender oriented mainly.
    Exactly. The potential is there, and it’d feel really bad if they missed out on it. But then again ironheart had amazing potential and they did nothing with her so who knows 😭

Exactly. The potential is there, and it’d feel really bad if they missed out on it. But then again ironheart had amazing potential and they did nothing with her so who knows 😭
    They thought she was perfectly balanced

One thing is pretty clear. Since they started the new balancing program, there haven't been any drastic changes, so it's safe to assume they won't be nerfing anyone to the ground.

That's what I'm predicting, Serpent will only get a slight tune down and nothing else, like Bullseye.

One thing is pretty clear. Since they started the new balancing program, there haven't been any drastic changes, so it's safe to assume they won't be nerfing anyone to the ground.

To date the only significant nerf seems to be Abs… and Zemo who got nerfed then his mechanic got nerfed, and then nerfed again by AI behavior… Zemo the triple nerf sandwhich
  • Diegog2000Diegog2000 Member Posts: 15

I think an easy way to buff his damage in short matches without making him OP would be to give Destroyer a way to pause his unstopabble passive to better synergyze with the Juggernaut relic.

I have an R2 Juggs relic and after landing 10 hits he gains +1488.4 damage on unstoppable hits. If he could pause his unstoppable for like 0.2 seconds after landing a basic hit or during special attacks it would make him much better.

• SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

To date the only significant nerf seems to be Abs… and Zemo who got nerfed then his mechanic got nerfed, and then nerfed again by AI behavior… Zemo the triple nerf sandwhich
    Absorbing man’s nerf wasn’t even a big deal at all. All it did was prevent his regen from triggering on fight start as a defender which, since it’s based on missing health and he obviously starts the first fight at full health, had no impact on Battlegrounds and only mattered in questing scenarios if you died to him at least once. I’d argue Bullseye’s defensive nerf was significantly more impactful.

It does feel kinda crazy how little Kabam has hit things with the nerf hammer via the balancing program. I know everyone was freaking out that no good champ could exist anymore under the program since Kabam would just nerf anything good (not an unfounded fear, this was blatantly a move to stop more Herc scenarios), but it kinda feels surreal to say that barring Abs man’s barely consequential nerf and Sandman’s changes being a bit controversial the only true nerf so far has been Bullseye and… Zemo. Seriously Kate, Kushala, and Onslaught weren’t pushing the power department but Zemo needed to be reigned in?

(To be clear, Zemo’s armor up buff being changed to a shorter resistance up passive was a rework that I think constituted an overall buff, but the fury buff cap was just a straight nerf both offensively and defensively.)
    Since I might as well give my opinion on the champs this thread is actually about, I like Destroyer and would still use it with no changes but I would also like a small tune up to its ramp speed or give it a bit more ways to destroy buffs. Serpent absolutely needs a nerf, don’t know where (the death immunity is probably a good place to hit though), I don’t need him gutted to uselessness but something’s gotta be tuned down, he just does too much with too little champs that can reliably answer all his threats.
    Squidopus said:

Since I might as well give my opinion on the champs this thread is actually about, I like Destroyer and would still use it with no changes but I would also like a small tune up to its ramp speed or give it a bit more ways to destroy buffs. Serpent absolutely needs a nerf, don’t know where (the death immunity is probably a good place to hit though), I don’t need him gutted to uselessness but something’s gotta be tuned down, he just does too much with too little champs that can reliably answer all his threats.

Maybe, increase the amount of destruction charges gained by intercepting, and when it destroys a buff, gain additional charges
    Oh yeah I’m just saying Destroyer already destroys indestructible and immortality buffs, I don’t think it’d be a stretch to let it destroy death immunity buffs too. I know it’s literally just one champ right now (correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Claire’s a passive?) but let’s be real immortality is basically the same and that would absolutely give Destroyer at least one significant use case with little competition.
    edited August 24
    Squidopus said:

Oh yeah I’m just saying Destroyer already destroys indestructible and immortality buffs, I don’t think it’d be a stretch to let it destroy death immunity buffs too. I know it’s literally just one champ right now (correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Claire’s a passive?) but let’s be real immortality is basically the same and that would absolutely give Destroyer at least one significant use case with little competition.

I think it's a buff like Serpent's. Her debuff immunity is also a debuff
    edited August 26