Prof Hoff's Family

TheCoverGirlTheCoverGirl Member Posts: 89 ★★
edited August 23 in General Discussion
Can someone that has their contact info reach back out to them. He's back on youtube and doesn't seem to be doing so well again today. He just posted a .....video.... then deleted it. Dude might be in danger again.

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,843 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I've heard this has been going on for a while. Didn't Hoff give an update last month or a while ago?

His family and ex-fiancé have given updates.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★

I had to unsubscribe. It’s like a slow moving train wreck.

One of his latest shorts popped up in my feed in which he trashed his viewers for not giving him enough money. It was deleted a few hours later. He’s not in good place.

Yeah I’m worried that he might get arrested or something similar might happen, praying for him
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,974 ★★★★
    edited August 24
    I don't follow him much but seeing this post i jumped to the channel and at the time of writing this message, he is live on his channel. I wished him all the best and told him look after himself. He definitely seems troubled. He said people took advantage of him and he went live for someone to tell him to go to sleep.
    He also feels no one likes him, having issues with gf, money crisis and going through medications. Needs some love and support from folks.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,696 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

He wasn't the same when he came back..understandibly. He needs more time to really focus on himself and get better.

Unfortunately, if I understand the situation correctly, Hoff is never going to “be the same.” This is the reality of these types of conditions, that it’s about learning to find a workable balance in a new reality, and it is something he will struggle with indefinitely.

I said this before in the previous thread. I’m not the biggest fan of Prof Hoff’s content. But I have always defended his right to produce it, to represent his followers, and to express his point of view. And while he’s not always eloquent, to my knowledge he’s never been deliberately mean or excessively negative towards the player community, which I can’t say about everyone. He’s one of us, and he deserves our compassion and understanding while he tries to deal with what is an extremely challenging situation.

Anyone taking any sort of pleasure over his problems should be ashamed of themselves. We’ve all been silly at times. We’ve all been spectacularly wrong at times. But we can at least choose to not be inhumane towards one of our own.

If this message finds his way to him somehow, DNA3000 wishes him absolutely nothing but the best, and I hope however he gets there, whether he returns to content creation or not, that he finds some way back to a manageable life.
    Of course he's not going to be the same. Hence my use of "understandibly". This was a life changing situation for him, and the results of that are going to be noticeable. That's why so many of us are pulling for him to recover in whatever way he needs to, and to also take as much time away from the game as he needs to. Some of use have gone as far as reaching out to him through other platforms. I don't know who would find pleasure in what he's going through. That's disturbing.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

He wasn't the same when he came back..understandibly. He needs more time to really focus on himself and get better.

Unfortunately, if I understand the situation correctly, Hoff is never going to “be the same.” This is the reality of these types of conditions, that it’s about learning to find a workable balance in a new reality, and it is something he will struggle with indefinitely.

I said this before in the previous thread. I’m not the biggest fan of Prof Hoff’s content. But I have always defended his right to produce it, to represent his followers, and to express his point of view. And while he’s not always eloquent, to my knowledge he’s never been deliberately mean or excessively negative towards the player community, which I can’t say about everyone. He’s one of us, and he deserves our compassion and understanding while he tries to deal with what is an extremely challenging situation.

Anyone taking any sort of pleasure over his problems should be ashamed of themselves. We’ve all been silly at times. We’ve all been spectacularly wrong at times. But we can at least choose to not be inhumane towards one of our own.

If this message finds his way to him somehow, DNA3000 wishes him absolutely nothing but the best, and I hope however he gets there, whether he returns to content creation or not, that he finds some way back to a manageable life.
    He won't be exactly the same as before, but he certainly can go back to almost how he was. There have been so many cases of people with mental health issues who have recovered and reverted to their old selves. It takes time and patience and a lot of support which I don't think he'll get from being an active part of this community
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I listened to some...his school "gave him a sabbatical for 3 months".
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

Halley said:

From his channel, I think his main problems are insomnia and too addicted to arenas, his units are always above 50k

His problem lies in BPD, not necessarily an arena addiction, though the game probably isn’t helping it.
    Is it BPD? I heard someone on another platform say it was bipolar. One is a Personality disorder (BPD) and the other is chemical (bipolar), though many people do have both.

Either way, I hope they get all the help they need, and it sounds like they have a support system which is great. I know all too well how difficult this stuff can be, on anyone.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Oh god, I see what you mean now. I was scrolling through shorts and prof x livestream came up. Won't repeat but the bit I heard was actually heartbreaking, hope he gets all help and support and my mind is with him

I think he was demanding money or something like that from his viewers
    C'mon man. This speculation is not helpful.
    I'm sure this was what he said, anyways he needs our help