F2P Valiant Speedrun Round 2 (Crucible Edition)

Cantona59Cantona59 Member Posts: 241 ★★★
Hello everyone!
Due to some changes in my irl schedule, the F2P Valiant Speedrun will begin tonight! Over the last few days I’ve done some planning and testing, and learned a lot of new info which I plan to share with everyone throughout the course of the challenge when the info is relevant.
The goal for this run is to become Valiant in 2 weeks or less … yeah I’m feeling crazy.
But I do think it’s possible, some Crystal rng will be needed but with the addition of new content, cheaper deals 😉, and the current saga having magnetron crystals as the chase item, it opens up a new set of possibilities.

I’ll be doing streams for a decent amount of the challenge, but I hope people can understand I can’t stream the entire thing. I just can’t sit down for 10-12hrs straight like Brian Grant did and hard focus on the account, my approach is a more consistent continual play throughout my day when I have time (eg: travelling somewhere and I have an hour to play etc). Kabam devs have been informed so the account will be monitored so rest easy knowing nothing is going on behind the scenes breaking the rules.

The account will be created tonight, so lookout for the first recap post and vid tomorrow!

If anyone has any additional questions about the run, the methods I use, or any other stuff, feel free to drop it in this thread and I’ll try to answer when possible.

I’ll post a quick YT link here so that people know which my channel is for streams and vids.

https://m.youtube.com/@cant0na119

Let’s get this done!

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,152 ★★★★★
    Yayy. Beat your previous 9 day paragon record as well.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,317 ★★★★
    Gl
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,540 ★★★★
    Awesome
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,211 ★★★★★
    W
  • BadahBadah Member Posts: 277 ★★
    Yeah! Good luck!
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 914 ★★★
    Good luck :)
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 863 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Day 1 Recap!
    Wow the RNG seems to be in on this account!

Day 1 is always the same process, complete the summoners journey all the way to completing act 3 and claiming the 4 star Nick fury.
    But I also had 2 major Crystal pulls today which was unexpected.

Literally 20 mins into the account, I open my 2nd phc and pull a 4 star kingpin 😂. Insane pull obviously, and he carried the entire day. I had also planned to rank him up for the act 4 and uncollected push, but then something else happened.

I complete act 3 and rapid pop the 5 phcs, thinking I wouldn’t get anything. And then our good friend Kate bishop returns to the valiant Speedrun this time as a 4 star 😂. I was stunned, and instantly took her to r3 and used the ascension dust from act 3 completion on her.
    Between her and kingpin, act 4 push is gonna be a breeze tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, I’m going to be streaming some of day 2 on YT so hopefully people can come along and check it out. I’ll schedule it soon so that people know approx when it will be starting.

Awesome, amazing start!!
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    looking promising. Lets smash the record chief!
  • Cantona59Cantona59 Member Posts: 241 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJC5wfXN-Yw

Well that was weird, tried to start the stream and it broke!
    New link here
    Sorry everyone but my connection has completely dropped and the stream has shutdown :(
    Im gonna continue to play tonight and upload the usual recap with Maestro and Collector fight, and try and get my setup more stable for tomorrow.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Put me in for 12 days, 10 hours.

Day 2 Recap!
    Once again sorry about the stream crash last night for anyone who was there or watching it on playback, really not sure what happened but hopefully it will be better tonight.

So the goal of today was to hit uncollected to unlock those insane magnetron crystals, as they would determine who I rank up for the act 6 push.
    Had to spend 1 revive in act 4 because a stupid storm boss caught me 😂. I hadn’t unlocked dex at that point cause I was hoping to get cores from the 7hr Crystal, but couldn’t get them. Apart from that, Kate breezed through the whole act in pretty quick time.

Then I got my first 6 star out of nowhere! The 7hr crystals gave me 4 cav crystals. I just popped them and out came a 6 star … Hela. Could be useful in the future cause of her insane damage potential.

Into act 5 I went and everything was easy until the Collector, who I needed to spend 4 revives on, but that’s ok. Uncollected achieved, now onto the magnetron crystals.

I had to run the side quest a few times to rack up enough mysterium for all the crystals, but on the lowest difficulty enchantress isn’t too bad with Kate, so no problems here.

The crystals themselves was actually a little underwhelming. 2 6 stars and a couple decent 5 stars, but I was expecting a couple more 6 stars based on what I’ve seen people pull from a batch of 10.
    There was one saving Grace though, I pulled 6 star cap marvel movie, meaning I was able to instantly dupe her from the solo event. This is a pretty good awakening, especially for 6.2.2 Mr sinister as I can rank some damage for free when I enter binary. Also paired with 4 star Nick fury her charges last longer which will help a lot.

So onto tomorrow now, where I’m going to push into act 6 and hopefully be able to show off the broken unit deals that exist at the end of each chapter. These will be crucial to the run so getting to at least the end of 6.1 tomorrow is the bare minimum goal.
    (Side note, still no Champion counter, so that could prove to be very tricky)

As well as the stream from yesterday, I’ve made a highlights reel of stuff I did after the crash so people have a full picture of the day (including Crystal openings)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTYcn6c3dE
    edited August 27
    Day 3 now live (hopefully with better connection)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V970-694UdA
  • The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Member Posts: 237 ★★
    Awesome, someone should pin this like the last speedrun.

Day 4 Recap!
    Big act 6 push today, managed to get through both 6.2 and 6.3, meaning only the grandmaster is left for act 6 completion, which I should hopefully be streaming tonight.

Both 6.2 and 6.3 went really well in terms of item usage:

6.2.3, 1 revive, boss is the only challenging fight in this quest as the rest can be nuked by cmm with her invulnerability

6.2.4, 1 revive, messed up slightly here but only cost me 1 revive, I’m not a fan of destructive feedback

6.2.5, 0 revives, the most surprising solo I got tbh. I’ve never soloed the mordo boss on a new account before, but scorpion just about took him down with some help from heimdall

6.2.6, 4 revives, really happy with this tbh, I had no clear champion counter but r2 cmm nuked through him. Needed to do some 20% revive and quit out before the heal near the end, but overall this went very well

6.3.1, 0 revives, Kate with some boosts easily out damaged the buffet with caltrops

6.3.2, 0 revives, Kate is actually really good for this boss as using your heavy let’s you push Nick to his sp2 very easily

6.3.3, 0 revives, 2 shot on Havok, didn’t even have to use Guilly 99

6.3.4, 0 revives, scorpion crushed this boss, cmm wouldn’t have been great cause armour break immune

6.3.5, 0 revives, this boss isn’t armour break immune, so cmm ripped through him

6.3.6, 1 team revive, the usually horrible cap boss wasn’t too bad. Cmm crit really hard and scorpion having taunt meant I could extend the fight a lot. Perfect overall

So across 6.2 and 6.3 I spent 6 revives and 1 team revive, very solid.

It also opened up 2 unit deals for me, both ridiculously priced again. My stash going into 6.4 is looking a bit silly tbh, and there’s still the 6.4, and act 7 unit deals to purchase.

Only notable Crystal pull of the day, I got a 6 star photon which is a great pull usually. Unfortunately she probably isn’t getting iso over scorp with synergy, sorry photon fans 😅.

2 video uploads today, one for 6.2 and one for 6.3, with time stamps in the description to skip to the boss you want

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbcFjn9h_0&pp=ygUJY2FudDBuYX4x

(Second vid hasn’t finished uploading yet)
    Wow man! Keep up the amazing work!!
    Day 5 recap will be coming soon guys, I realise it’s very late but had a whacky schedule today

Day 5 Recap
    Thronebreaker has been achieved! Thanks to the removal of the 6 star r3 requirement, only act 6 completion is now needed to become thronebreaker. Lot of quests done today, so let’s go through them:

6.4.1, 0 revives, pretty simple start to the chapter, scorpion and cmm both easily survive iceman’s coldsnap and then it’s a regular iceman fight

6.4.2, 0 revives, another simple quest, static blast lane is pretty simple as long as your champs are strong enough not to reach 10 typhoon charges

6.4.3, 0 revives, cmm soloed the darkhawk boss and the aggression cruelty lane, very simple

6.4.4, 5 revives, now this quest annoyed me. I took the Icarus lane, and for some reason the degen was ticking WAY stronger than in 6.2.3. After cmm invulnerability I was nearly insta dead. No idea why, but a bit costly

6.4.5, 0 revives, the hydra adaption boss is still very tough if you don’t have a good counter, had to combine cmm, scorp and Kate to bring him down

6.4.6, 4 revives, all on the path as well 😂. Some annoying fights on the masochism lane, but it was worth it to get the right tactic for grandmaster. I didn’t solo, but didn’t have to revive anyone, so overall it went insanely well.

Not even gonna mention the rewards opening, it was tragic 🥲. But it did unlock the final act 6 unit deal, which is once again ridiculously broken and an instant pickup.

Achieving thronebreaker opened up the shooting stars quest (and the crucible for some reason, but I’m not touching that yet 😂). I quickly went in and grabbed some iso for scorpion, as I had took him to r2 but couldn’t fully level. Then straight into act 7:

7.1.1, 0 revives, this is the easy flare quest to start, so no issues here

7.1.2, 0 revives, scorpion started to show why he’s a menace here. Paired with power focus, you get to spam your specials and deal massive sting damage. Same was true for green goblin boss.

7.1.3, 1 team revive, lane is very easy as it’s blaze and power shield, just requires some potions. Vision arkus was annoying though, couldn’t get a good run with cmm so had to team revive.

7.1.4, 0 revives, the class wrath lane is pretty easy, any fight I didn’t have the right class for I used scorp to shred

7.1.5, 0 revives. Made a little detour here. I completed realm of legends to grab the 4 star Ronan. With a cosmic awakening gem I got earlier in the run, Ronan stun locked the entire Unlimited Power lane at 4 star r1 😂. Scorpion is the perfect counter to the night carnage too in poison mode.

7.1.6, 1 revive. The recharge, power shield lane is very easy with Kate, her coldsnap is 6 star r5 level so opponents drop quickly. I made one mistake on gwenperion and took an unblockable sp2, but scorp handles this fight well in shock mode

Overall an easy clear! And the 6 star crystals didn’t disappoint this time. CGR will be a massive pull for the account, and could be used in the necropolis with his mega damage rotations

Completing 7.1 also unlocked the unit deal. These ones are smaller than the act 6 ones, but still broken value. 390 units for all that stuff is wild tbh, especially with unit paths in act 7. Instant pickup

Final bits of the day was taking scorpion to r3 using the traders outpost, and completing the first 3 quests of 7.2 to prep for tonight.

Tonight the streaming returns, with the goal of finishing act 7. It’s time to quicken the pace 🔥

Video upload for today, my Grandmaster takedown!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5voQ-AY2YY&pp=ygUJY2FudDBuYX4x

See you all tonight for Day 6!
    Cantona59 said:

Day 5 Recap
    Thronebreaker has been achieved! Thanks to the removal of the 6 star r3 requirement, only act 6 completion is now needed to become thronebreaker. Lot of quests done today, so let’s go through them:

6.4.1, 0 revives, pretty simple start to the chapter, scorpion and cmm both easily survive iceman’s coldsnap and then it’s a regular iceman fight

6.4.2, 0 revives, another simple quest, static blast lane is pretty simple as long as your champs are strong enough not to reach 10 typhoon charges

6.4.3, 0 revives, cmm soloed the darkhawk boss and the aggression cruelty lane, very simple

6.4.4, 5 revives, now this quest annoyed me. I took the Icarus lane, and for some reason the degen was ticking WAY stronger than in 6.2.3. After cmm invulnerability I was nearly insta dead. No idea why, but a bit costly

6.4.5, 0 revives, the hydra adaption boss is still very tough if you don’t have a good counter, had to combine cmm, scorp and Kate to bring him down

6.4.6, 4 revives, all on the path as well 😂. Some annoying fights on the masochism lane, but it was worth it to get the right tactic for grandmaster. I didn’t solo, but didn’t have to revive anyone, so overall it went insanely well.

Not even gonna mention the rewards opening, it was tragic 🥲. But it did unlock the final act 6 unit deal, which is once again ridiculously broken and an instant pickup.

Achieving thronebreaker opened up the shooting stars quest (and the crucible for some reason, but I’m not touching that yet 😂). I quickly went in and grabbed some iso for scorpion, as I had took him to r2 but couldn’t fully level. Then straight into act 7:

7.1.1, 0 revives, this is the easy flare quest to start, so no issues here

7.1.2, 0 revives, scorpion started to show why he’s a menace here. Paired with power focus, you get to spam your specials and deal massive sting damage. Same was true for green goblin boss.

7.1.3, 1 team revive, lane is very easy as it’s blaze and power shield, just requires some potions. Vision arkus was annoying though, couldn’t get a good run with cmm so had to team revive.

7.1.4, 0 revives, the class wrath lane is pretty easy, any fight I didn’t have the right class for I used scorp to shred

7.1.5, 0 revives. Made a little detour here. I completed realm of legends to grab the 4 star Ronan. With a cosmic awakening gem I got earlier in the run, Ronan stun locked the entire Unlimited Power lane at 4 star r1 😂. Scorpion is the perfect counter to the night carnage too in poison mode.

7.1.6, 1 revive. The recharge, power shield lane is very easy with Kate, her coldsnap is 6 star r5 level so opponents drop quickly. I made one mistake on gwenperion and took an unblockable sp2, but scorp handles this fight well in shock mode

Overall an easy clear! And the 6 star crystals didn’t disappoint this time. CGR will be a massive pull for the account, and could be used in the necropolis with his mega damage rotations

Completing 7.1 also unlocked the unit deal. These ones are smaller than the act 6 ones, but still broken value. 390 units for all that stuff is wild tbh, especially with unit paths in act 7. Instant pickup

Final bits of the day was taking scorpion to r3 using the traders outpost, and completing the first 3 quests of 7.2 to prep for tonight.

Tonight the streaming returns, with the goal of finishing act 7. It’s time to quicken the pace 🔥

Video upload for today, my Grandmaster takedown!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5voQ-AY2YY&pp=ygUJY2FudDBuYX4x

See you all tonight for Day 6!

Wow man. Just wow. Cgr will be awesome for act 8!!
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,152 ★★★★★
    So 9.1 is giving r3 materials. Any change in your plans?

So 9.1 is giving r3 materials. Any change in your plans?

I saw this earlier and almost threw my phone in annoyance 😂.
    If I started the account later, 9.1 and either crucible or necro would be the play. But as it’s only dropping in around 12 days, I’m not going to wait for it, the plan stays the same.

It does give someone a chance for a faster run though 👀
    Maybe back to back speedruns?

Maybe back to back speedruns?

Haha nah, there likely won’t be another valiant Speedrun again from me unless my record is beaten. The next progression title is pending 👀

Day 6 Recap

Act 7 has been completed! Bit of a slog to get through some of the act 7 paths, but overall wasn’t too bad on resources. Started the day halfway through 7.2 so here’s how it went:

7.2.4, 1 revive, no path in this quest was too fun, but the oscillate lane wasn’t too painful either. Scorpion and cgr started to do some heavy lifting here

7.2.5, 0 revives, scorp was insane for the villain lane, very easy solos across the board and the void boss was quite easy due to debuff access

7.2.6, 1 team revive, not bad at all, couldn’t take the juiced lane so gwenmaster wasn’t a joke of a fight. Gwenmastery lane is probably one of the hardest due to it adding parry and willpower to the fight

7.3.1, 0 revives, the lane with unblockable specials has some really easy defenders here, and Ronan can cheese the Red goblin boss

7.3.2, 0 revives, the power struggle lane is good for scorp cause of sp1 spam, Kate also helped for the spider man fight

7.3.3, 1 team revive, I messed up in this quest and accidentally tapped to go to the spider ham boss when looking at the bosses 😂. He’s the hardest one, so had to team revive to bring him down

7.3.4, 2 revives, another tricky set of lanes for my team, did half of the shock lane and half of the paradox lane next to it so I could use all champs

7.3.5, 1 revive, overall not a bad quest, the warlock boss was quite annoying trying to time everything together

7.3.6, 2 revives, path for this quest was insanely cheesy, scorpion destroyed the hubris lane. Kang boss was fine until the last phase, where I struggled to get to the sp3 before him cause of a lack of relics

7.4.1, 0 revives, the skill lane in this quest is actually pretty generic, so my whole team was usable

7.4.2, 0 revives, did a mix of the tantrum lane for the 90 units and the lane next to it so that I didn’t have to spend any resources

7.4.3, 1 revive, the unit lane is pure Ronan cheese as they stack to 99 armours. Only problem fight is Ultron as he reduces your ability accuracy.

7.4.4, 0 revives, another recharge, power shield lane to cheese using cgr and Kate

7.4.5, 1 revive, scorpion was actually really good for the killmonger boss as he’s spamming specials so much

7.4.6, 0 revives, I took the lane that activates the prowess node on Kang, as most of my champs have lots of debuffs but little buffs. Scorpion is absolutely insane for Superior Kang, in the wounded phase you can build to sp2, hold heavy for 20+ torment, and then one shot the phase. Cgr was also really good as he has lots of buffs and debuffs.

An absolute slog but happy that it’s done! The rewards overall was mostly the rank up materials and gems, but the overall completion rewards got me a 6 star Chavez, who could be very useful. I also got a cosmic awakening gem so I now have a r3 awakened cgr which will be great for act 8.

End of act 7 also signals the end of the op unit deals. Deals from 7.4 onwards are still the original price, so now I will be saving my units for some EQ packages with boosts and revives. The 7.2 and 7.3 deals was still insane and instantly grabbed.

So tomorrow I go into act 8, and I will attempt to complete the whole thing to beat my previous Day 8 Paragon. I may run out of steam/time, but I’m gonna give it a good go to get Paragon in a week. Some will be streamed, but lots won’t as I’ll be grinding between irl stuff.

Video upload for today, Superior Kang takedown and rewards opening, check out the insanity of scorp for the wounded phase 👀

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=szqEmgrFGbA&pp=ygUJY2FudDBuYX4x
    Congrats!!