Am I sleeping on any of these champs?

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
I was thinking I’d do a rank up, still aiming for battlegrounds mostly, but I don’t have any immediate rank up choices here so I thought I’d ask the community for a fun one (Note that Man-Thing will probably go up, so exclude him)

I was thinking maybe storm since I have her duped could be an option, I also have a decently sigged overseer and spot, and Wiccan could also potentially be an option. Any advice or other shouts?

Also would love to hear how Shang does at r2/3 from some people. Trappy says he’s mid for bg attack at r2 cause he’s too slow but I’ve also seen some impressive stuff from Allison lately on him but I’ve excluded him from the poll for obvious reasons. I think I’ll be taking him to r2 either way

Am I sleeping on any of these champs? 128 votes

Overseer (sig 60)
24%
TendersquadMagrailothosMhd20034Herbal_TaxmanESFRepto23PikoluSbkruebSagacious0wlKrishna24xLunatiXxGiantwalrus56ScarfacemtgChrisRM93mustgofasterBigBlueOxYodabolt21Tsuyoshi_Senpaiqm44Rachel_Oskar 31 votes
Spot (sig 40)
18%
Talha305RajaRobbieRampageKaspYTNojokejaymMCoC_fanTJ107MrBanksAnnihilator13_SquidopusMCOCHazzaPaul_RuddHuskerCoolGrassKnucklesLickyRainwind76Alto_Dalto1JoSpidey_10BabyGrootShashwatmGusAr418 24 votes
Elsa
7%
MaxtheSilentSachhyam257Colinwhitworth69C19h28o2WhoDaPooBlackTuranAnsh_AchicaPT_99 9 votes
Storm (sig 20)
27%
MegaSkater67Tedderstnair2015LordScatsburyShajamEakomoDenzel116doctorbWu_Bangerz23Cereal123Ekmon1Ayden_noah1ItsClobberinTimeHassamaMamaBen_15455gazbeaFatTh0rodishika123NONYABIZZUltragamer 35 votes
Wiccan (sig 40)
14%
PantherusNZBigTuna_2054travgiantPgeorgeGulfstream550Justcause102Haveinchbutcaptain_rogersMmaatthheewwSalve_maker05LBN1SammyDeHighlander2BadMother2_Pez_GalactikDonutPhilthiesDenic_2580 18 votes
Other
8%
DrZolaFoxhero007cscale0725_gmailpeixemacacoKTPrimalOakenshieldThePredator100113579rebel_ExergisChuck_FinleyTheshadow 11 votes

Comments

• hyp3r05hyp3r05 Member Posts: 82
    Overseer is amazing, I use him at sig 20 in a ton of content.
    Storm X is also really good and fun to play.
    While I don’t have Emma frost she just carried one of my friends through a decent chunk of 8.4 unduped at r1
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    Storm (sig 20)
    I have a r3 Shang and he does decent in bgs, just not against mystics cause of MD. Not an auto draft personally but he handles quite a bit of match ups. I do agree with trappy he’s pretty slow, and he doesn’t really answer any of the main main defenders you see in bgs. Crossbones is definitely better though 100% wish I had him
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Definitely Storm, and I'm 100% sure she's going to be a menace for both rich get richer and crit me metas.

I used to use her at r1 months ago for general metas and if she crit, she’d nuke a ton for me. If I could do another 1-2 champs from the list, which ones would you recommend? Storm seems to be leading here and I agree, but I actually have materials for 2 others to go up too

I have a r3 Shang and he does decent in bgs, just not against mystics cause of MD. Not an auto draft personally but he handles quite a bit of match ups. I do agree with trappy he’s pretty slow, and he doesn’t really answer any of the main main defenders you see in bgs. Crossbones is definitely better though 100% wish I had him

Ah thanks for the input! Yeah I wanted CB, Mantis, or black cat so bad and they just haven’t popped up yet :(

I know there are some big Elsa fans too
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Overseer (sig 60)
    Overseer is gonna be straight broken next meta. He’s a super safe science option in general, but when metas play into his kit he turns into a nuke
    BigBlueOx said:

Overseer is gonna be straight broken next meta. He’s a super safe science option in general, but when metas play into his kit he turns into a nuke

That’s true, I’ve seen some crazy stuff with him

I was actually leaning spot a little because I’ve seen how easily he can cook champs like enchantress but ik block damage is an issue with him
    edited August 27
    Overseer (sig 60)
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

I was actually leaning spot a little because I’ve seen how easily he can cook champs like enchantress but ik block damage is an issue with him
    With the AI being cracked vs Spot (it’s like aggression heavy nodes are turned on) and the scoring changes to BGs, Spot is a poorer investment IMO. He’s not a bad champ, but they inadvertently nerfed him in the game mode he was best designed for
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Storm (sig 20)
    Emilia90 said:

Definitely Storm, and I'm 100% sure she's going to be a menace for both rich get richer and crit me metas.

I used to use her at r1 months ago for general metas and if she crit, she’d nuke a ton for me. If I could do another 1-2 champs from the list, which ones would you recommend? Storm seems to be leading here and I agree, but I actually have materials for 2 others to go up too
    If I had to pick two others I'd definitely pick Spot and Shang then, it was a close one between Overseer and Spot but Spot is just a lot faster on attack in general and he's really fun to play imo
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 293 ★★
    Storm (sig 20)
    It’s funny because (other than Spot) I deliberate almost all of these exact same champs. Not sure why I never pull the trigger and rank them because they’re all simple and solid champs to use in many areas of the game. I’d do in order Storm, Overseer, Wiccan and Elsa.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

What are the nodes since theres a different one for GC and VT, and what makes him broken for it?
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

With the AI being cracked vs Spot (it’s like aggression heavy nodes are turned on) and the scoring changes to BGs, Spot is a poorer investment IMO. He’s not a bad champ, but they inadvertently nerfed him in the game mode he was best designed for
    The scoring changes definitely brought him down, but he’s still a pretty good nuke imo. I’ve seen lags pull some crazy stuff with him and his isn’t even sig 100 yet. Overseer is good and especially great in certain metas but I don’t think he’ll end up being as versatile as spot for general metas
    Storm (sig 20)
    Polygon said:

BigBlueOx said:

What are the nodes since theres a different one for GC and VT, and what makes him broken for it?
    Power snack supercharges overseer, VT meta. You also can stack furies due to eat crow, most other science champs can only get a one iirc. Him and Mr negs have actual nullify immunity so they stack furies every dex.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    edited August 27
    Wiccan (sig 40)
    Wiccan is a sneaky Serpent counter. Shang is goated in general, but more goated in crit me meta. Issue with shang chi is, he isn't the best against photon and his mechanics are countered by most new champs, but if you practice perfect dodge you're good to go.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Other
    Havok is an underrated shoutout he can do most skill matchups and he's a pretty nice defender and obviously the onslaught cheese

He kind of needs the extra rank which is why I giving him a shout
    Overseer (sig 60)
    Polygon said:

BigBlueOx said:

The VT meta, he’s nullify immune and when that triggers it supercharges his damage mode.
    Overseer (sig 60)
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

The scoring changes definitely brought him down, but he’s still a pretty good nuke imo. I’ve seen lags pull some crazy stuff with him and his isn’t even sig 100 yet. Overseer is good and especially great in certain metas but I don’t think he’ll end up being as versatile as spot for general metas
    I don’t think you’ll see those results at R2 tbh. But honestly play snd rank who you like, you’ll always do better playing a champ you are comfortable with
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    Tbh, this summoner named Emilia90 won't stay in VT for long. 1 week and midseer will be back to mid. I got sig 80 midseer sitting at r1.

For crit meta MT will be a defender and emma will be an attacker. As everyone will run recoils emma will have some immunities and guaranteed crits. Idk I have a sig 40 emma at r1 too, undecided atm.

I see the wait for dupe on kindrid and attuma.

I have never done rankups for VT, mostly pre-plan rankups for GC.
    Upcoming GC: spot, wiccan storm are almost useless. I prolly have to dive into the 6* for help again.
    Storm (sig 20)

Tbh, this summoner named Emilia90 won't stay in VT for long. 1 week and midseer will be back to mid. I got sig 80 midseer sitting at r1.

For crit meta MT will be a defender and emma will be an attacker. As everyone will run recoils emma will have some immunities and guaranteed crits. Idk I have a sig 40 emma at r1 too, undecided atm.

Upcoming GC: spot, wiccan storm are almost useless. I prolly have to dive into the 6* for help again.

Well if we’re talking upcoming gc I don’t think any of these champs will help, but storm is a very nice Attuma counter so she always has a place in deck. Probably maw or Emma are the best rank up for Crit me
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Storm (sig 20)
    I’m gonna r2 my storm for crit me as well, she should be a huge nuke.

Storm should be fine for the upcoming GC meta. She’ll be mvp for crit me and also rich get richer so I think she’ll cook regardless

Spot I’m not so sure. Definitely not great for the next crit me meta or rich get richer though
    Crit meta is a month away. And there arent actually any instant r2s candidates I see for BGs. Outside BGs, rankup anything you find fun.
    Out of those I already have stormX, NC, maw, mojo, Elsa as r2. I dont have og storm or chi.
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

I don’t think you’ll see those results at R2 tbh. But honestly play snd rank who you like, you’ll always do better playing a champ you are comfortable with
    Yeah that might be true. Idk how much the sig would make an impact for r2 vs r3. If a r3 at sig 20 could do fights in one sp2 I wonder if a r2 sig 60 or so could pull off the same stuff

Crit meta is a month away. And there arent actually any instant r2s candidates I see for BGs. Outside BGs, rankup anything you find fun.
    Out of those I already have stormX, NC, maw, mojo, Elsa as r2. I dont have og storm or chi.

Fair enough yeah. After testing them and playing around with storm, I’d say she’d be good in any general meta cause she’s a good bullseye counter and a nice general nuke. Other than her, I might wait a little and check out what metas are coming next
    Emilia90 said:

Storm should be fine for the upcoming GC meta. She’ll be mvp for crit me and also rich get richer so I think she’ll cook regardless

Spot I’m not so sure. Definitely not great for the next crit me meta or rich get richer though
    Yeah, I didn't ment OG storm, I dont have one.
    I was speaking for myself lol, meant StormX who I actually liked and prefer to use, before all these new OP defenders came.
    But she isn't going to be helpful much
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,080 ★★★★★
    edited August 27
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    Other

Havok is an underrated shoutout he can do most skill matchups and he's a pretty nice defender and obviously the onslaught cheese

He kind of needs the extra rank which is why I giving him a shout

Yup
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 993 ★★★
    Storm (sig 20)
    Everyone lovvvves sunspot and wouldn't hesitate to rank him but I can do most fights with storm faster if they are equal rank.....she's arguably one of the most underrated champs in the game damage wise and with the apoc synergy she can chunk anything down as fast as just about anyone.....she's just kinda boring and I'm guessing that's why she's always forgotten
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★
    Other
    My Mangog 7 stars always banned on BG.
    His punch after hold high takes 1/4 from Health
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    Overseer (sig 60)
    Storm seems to be leading; but you asked for others as well: Overseer is a really versatile champ for all games modes; although Battlegrounds isn't his best. As noted, he'll be amazing this VT meta; but that won't last long for you, I suspect.

He gets a decent damage boost from the Hulk relic's Clobber ability, if you enter Cosmic mode with an SP2, since the Disorient reduces the cool-down on additional burst damage. And it's an 80% Concussion, at max Gamma power.