Are the forums dead?

13»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Emilia90 said:

I agree that the community is quick to call a lot of defenders unfair but serpent is a completely different ballpark.

He might be, but if so it will be the first time. I'll start betting on that after it happens at least once.
    Emilia90 said:

I’ve never seen everyone so united before

To be honest, I've seen greater consensus than this before, lots of times.
    Emilia90 said:

Slayer was saying in the discord earlier that data isn’t god.

As did I, right up there. Data tells you what's happening. It doesn't tell you what's supposed to happen. That's why you need game designers. Game designers decide what's supposed to happen. Data tells them if they did it right.

There's a misconception that because game designers rely upon data, they are somehow driven by data to do wrong things because data can be wrong. Literally none of that is true. Game designers rely upon data because data is the only objective way to know what is actually happening in the game. No one, not the designers, not the players, not even the top players in the game, know what's happening in the game everywhere. They each know their own little slice of what's happening. The data tells you what's happening everywhere, to everyone, in every part of the game. But it doesn't tell you what's supposed to be happening in all those places.

If the devs make a champion too strong on defense or too weak on offense, that's not data's fault. That's 100% on the judgment of the designers, who decided how high or low the champ should perform. Data only tells them where on the target they actually hit. But who decides what "too high" and "too low" is a completely different thing. What if they want it to be stronger than average or weaker than average or whatever for some reason? If I want a champion to be a stronger attacker and you want the same champion to be a weaker attacker, who's right? There is no right or wrong here, outside of context. If we both agree that the champion should be, say, as good as a particular other champion, then the data will tell us which one of us is right. But only if we agree on what the data is supposed to be showing in the first place.

So much of this depends on judgment. You can discuss design judgment over a couple of beers. But you can't *argue* judgment. You say there's video proof of Serpent being "busted." There's no such thing. There's video proof of Serpent performing very well as a defender. But it is an *opinion* that that level of performance is "busted." If you disagree, please articulate what the criteria for "busted" is. What if everything that is happening in those videos is literally what the devs want to happen. How do you argue that what's in the videos should never happen objectively?

I remember having this same conversation back when tier 1 alliance war difficulty was the topic de jour. I pointed out how if I say something is too difficult, the response is "get good." If some other player says something is too difficult, the response is "get good." But if a top player says something is too difficult, then it has to be too difficult. Because the assumption seems to be, the game should be calibrated to them. If it is too hard for them, something is wrong. But why is that? Why should they not be pushed just like everyone else. Literally everyone else in the game finds something hard, something super hard, and something basically impossible. Why should everything be in their comfort zone? Maybe some things are explicitly intended to be to them what lots of other things are to everyone else. Maybe they are supposed to experience the same things everyone else does, just higher. Maybe we're supposed to be pushed by content to get better, and so are they. And maybe some of them even want that to happen, and Serpent is one of those things explicitly intended to do just that.

I don't know that's the intent, but I don't see the problem if it is. Top tier players are not a protected species. And there can't be universal antagonism towards Serpent, because there are top tier players on the dev team, and I'm pretty sure they had some input into the balancing decisions. Maybe Serpent is an Everest to climb for them, just like everything else is for everyone else.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,827 ★★★★★
    KabamDORK said:

Howdy Summoners, the Forums are still a priority on our side and we'll continue to make adjustments and beef up our presence. Discord is not our singular priority just to put that to rest, and we'll continue to improve! Thank you for the continued feedback.

That is good news, thank you! Lack of announcements/updates here has some concerned. As well as advertising of only the discord in media posts as below

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,264 ★★★★
    I see Kabam guys here and there ,with less frequency ,but Forums nowadays are calm and without any "Bycott"

People here remember Golivarez, Redfire and others.

Just don't say these names 3 times and we're in peace.

About Summoners requests here, may not of a big thing for them as the game at this moment don't have any critical trouble.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 325 ★★★

The forum bug really made it tough to find announcements and mod comments.

Are you talking about the thread about AI with over 10k view I made?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,172 ★★★★★
    i13 said:

These guys just need to pay me 2 cans of Monster a day and I’ll build a clean community forum that’s much more improved.

I’d have you guys hooked up with profiles showing off your favourite champs, would even throw in a gallery section so you can upload all the cat photos you could dream of.

cat photos? I'M IN!
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Now imagine trying to have this conversation on the Discord. I personally wouldn't even bother trying.

Lol you are so real for that