In your opinion, should serpent have been nerfed?

JahlilFTWJahlilFTW Member Posts: 15

In your opinion, should serpent have been nerfed? 226 votes

yes
70%
Carmel1Talha305Rajathe_eradicatorAce_03OMM7abo2aTendersquadScottryanChovnerBENJI830JohnnooooooCondemnedToeVegeta9001TerraShaggyMNescioLeiva_darkBosleyKaspYTTheretic 159 votes
no
29%
BendyBigTuna_2054Ragnarok13DangHuongtravgiantNojokejaymSw0rdMastercscale0725_gmailGarloHerbal_TaxmantntslWicket329KerneasFunkMaxtheSilentSachhyam257Cyborg17Gulfstream550TJ107Justcause102 67 votes

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    yes
    He’s not getting one now but he’s he should’ve been nerfed. Can we get the rebalance thread to 100 disagrees though, would make me feel happy lmao
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    edited August 29
    yes
    JahlilFTW said:

I vote yes even though I have both 6* and 7*, and found out that Shuri and Photon can counter him lol. My main issue is his constant power gain when facing him on defense. It's too much.
    yes
    JahlilFTW said:

For those saying no, please elaborate

Lmfao
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    yes
    Wicket329 said:

I would be willing to bet that we get at least two more Serpent counters before 2025.

Next month we have Shathra and Nefaria. Shathra is mystic and likely to be more of an attacker than a defender. Nefaria, according to the line of text posted with his animations, is a regen and power gain controller. Both of these have potential for shutting down Serpent.

Additionally, in his discussion on Vega’s stream, Kabam Crashed said that there are a number (I believe four) of thus far unannounced champion buffs coming before the end of the year. I think at least one of those will be a mystic Serpent counter. Personally, I’m hoping it’s Loki because I think it would be rad if Loki just womped Serpent.

Anyway, I think this is why Kabam didn’t tune Serpent. They saw that his counters do a good job of potatotizing him, and they know something we don’t.

Hate to break it to you but DLL said there will never be another Galan Peni situation, so no, nobody is going to be potatotizing Serpent unless (like Patriot and Negasonic) they have mid damage that's just not viable in BGs unless you're a Gold 3 scrub.
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 161 ★★
    yes
    Wicket329 said:

I would be willing to bet that we get at least two more Serpent counters before 2025.

Next month we have Shathra and Nefaria. Shathra is mystic and likely to be more of an attacker than a defender. Nefaria, according to the line of text posted with his animations, is a regen and power gain controller. Both of these have potential for shutting down Serpent.

Additionally, in his discussion on Vega’s stream, Kabam Crashed said that there are a number (I believe four) of thus far unannounced champion buffs coming before the end of the year. I think at least one of those will be a mystic Serpent counter. Personally, I’m hoping it’s Loki because I think it would be rad if Loki just womped Serpent.

Anyway, I think this is why Kabam didn’t tune Serpent. They saw that his counters do a good job of potatotizing him, and they know something we don’t.

ah yes, Kabam want us to wait until they release a hard counter, so we can spend all our money on them. They then will rebalance the Serpent counter too 😂
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    no
    Post on this on one of the other threads.
    Not sure why anyone is surprised by serpent staying as is...
    They advertised him and designed him as a top defender in this game.
    If he can be nuked consistently in 40s or less then it wouldn't be much of a defender.
    If we had no hard defenders then bg and war would be only who can kill faster... and that will put the game into a decline when it is all bout memorised action/reactions and who can do it faster. Even top level players will be bored if AW is consistently zero deaths because defenders are all simple and straight forward.

I guarantee you the same people calling Kabam incompetent or stupid for Serpent/Enchantress release will be saying the same thing if we had Groots and Beast level defenders. Even slightly annoying champs Aarkus or Toad isn't up to being a serious defender as they all have easy counters. Anything new at that level will be called mid and deemed a waste of time. A few tubers just love being outrage merchants and many people fall for their shtick.

Bullseye only got adjusted as there was a mechanic that wasn't intended to punish when they were not being hit and they took out the bleed while dexing from basic attacks as it is completely illogical.

Anyone remember the outrage when Absman was released on how impossible he was? now he's a mid level defender. Serpent isn't going to fall that far but as people learn how to play him.. the more ways he can be countered.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    yes

Post on this on one of the other threads.
    Not sure why anyone is surprised by serpent staying as is...
    They advertised him and designed him as a top defender in this game.
    If he can be nuked consistently in 40s or less then it wouldn't be much of a defender.
    If we had no hard defenders then bg and war would be only who can kill faster... and that will put the game into a decline when it is all bout memorised action/reactions and who can do it faster. Even top level players will be bored if AW is consistently zero deaths because defenders are all simple and straight forward.

I guarantee you the same people calling Kabam incompetent or stupid for Serpent/Enchantress release will be saying the same thing if we had Groots and Beast level defenders. Even slightly annoying champs Aarkus or Toad isn't up to being a serious defender as they all have easy counters. Anything new at that level will be called mid and deemed a waste of time. A few tubers just love being outrage merchants and many people fall for their shtick.

Bullseye only got adjusted as there was a mechanic that wasn't intended to punish when they were not being hit and they took out the bleed while dexing from basic attacks as it is completely illogical.

Anyone remember the outrage when Absman was released on how impossible he was? now he's a mid level defender. Serpent isn't going to fall that far but as people learn how to play him.. the more ways he can be countered.

Genuinely wtf do you mean when you say Bullseye’s bleed on dex “wasn’t intended”. Did they accidentally code that in and just didn’t realize until the balancing update rolled around? That was obviously intended, they just rebalanced it because they decided he needed to be hit somewhere with a nerf and that was an appropriate place to do so. It certainly wasn’t a matter of “logic” as you say because he still inflicts bleed when you dex his specials.

People aren’t asking for Serpent to be nuked consistently in 40 seconds. As you say, that would make him not a good defender. We just don’t think he should be insanely difficult to bring down in a timely manner even with the best counters AND have like 5 different defensive abilities you have to constantly watch for AND force you to take a bunch of chip damage while fighting him AND threaten you with basically instant death if you slip up at one of several easy points of failure.

Believe me, I hate the common mindset bgs has pushed that damage is the all-important factor and you can’t be good even with everything else going for you if you can’t kill in 40 seconds. I also quite like a good difficult defender that forces you to reach for different options in your toolkit or adapt your play style. Serpent doesn’t factor into either of these. His tankiness is only in service of giving him more chances to kill you, not stall time, and there’s little in the way of puzzles with him- you bring someone who can counter a few of his abilities, hope his others don’t screw you, and lose if you don’t have a good mystic.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 996 ★★★
    no
    Kind of a moot point, but people who have him will vote no and people who don't voted yes
    yes

Kind of a moot point, but people who have him will vote no and people who don't voted yes

I have him r5 ascended sig 200, not true at all.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    no

Wicket329 said:

Hate to break it to you but DLL said there will never be another Galan Peni situation, so no, nobody is going to be potatotizing Serpent unless (like Patriot and Negasonic) they have mid damage that's just not viable in BGs unless you're a Gold 3 scrub.
    We already have it. Sym Supreme absolutely deletes Serpent. My r4 unascended 6* bullies 7* r3 high sig AW bosses. There’s an itty-bitty baby skill check involved in surviving long enough to get the special cycle going, but once it’s on Serpent gets wrecked. There are other champs in game already who can also do this (Spidey Supreme is another, less commonly thought of counter.)

I’m not saying it’ll be as over the top as Galan/Peni was, but do you really think we aren’t gonna see mystic champs with combinations of buff and power control in the future? That’s literally the mystic class identity, and it’s how power creep works in all live games.

I’m not saying Serpent is going to stop being a potent defender, that’s not Kabam’s goal (again, going back to how Galan and Hulkling just removed Peni from the defensive meta). But there will be more tools in players’ hands to address the problem. And I think that will be sooner rather than later.
    yes
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

We already have it. Sym Supreme absolutely deletes Serpent. My r4 unascended 6* bullies 7* r3 high sig AW bosses. There’s an itty-bitty baby skill check involved in surviving long enough to get the special cycle going, but once it’s on Serpent gets wrecked. There are other champs in game already who can also do this (Spidey Supreme is another, less commonly thought of counter.)

I’m not saying it’ll be as over the top as Galan/Peni was, but do you really think we aren’t gonna see mystic champs with combinations of buff and power control in the future? That’s literally the mystic class identity, and it’s how power creep works in all live games.

I’m not saying Serpent is going to stop being a potent defender, that’s not Kabam’s goal (again, going back to how Galan and Hulkling just removed Peni from the defensive meta). But there will be more tools in players’ hands to address the problem. And I think that will be sooner rather than later.
    No we don't, war is a completely different scenario and you know it. Time doesn't matter in war, and you can use as many boosts as you want.
    Go try that in BGs with SymSupre or Spidey Supreme against a r3 awakened Serpent and we'll see if it's really as one sided as you claim, can guarantee you it won't be purely because of time. If it was then damn you should've been in the tournament in Canada since most players who went there are also frustrated with the balance updated and Serpent staying as is.

Chavez has a ton of power control, SymSupreme has a ton of buff control, Rintrah can shut down death immunity. In order to shut down Serpent so he isn't as op you'd need a combination of shutting down death immunity and one of the other two however at that point that would be a hard counter. I really don't see how any of this would work without making it a hard counter.
    yes

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

No we don't, war is a completely different scenario and you know it. Time doesn't matter in war, and you can use as many boosts as you want.
    Go try that in BGs with SymSupre or Spidey Supreme against a r3 awakened Serpent and we'll see if it's really as one sided as you claim, can guarantee you it won't be purely because of time. If it was then damn you should've been in the tournament in Canada since most players who went there are also frustrated with the balance updated and Serpent staying as is.

Chavez has a ton of power control, SymSupreme has a ton of buff control, Rintrah can shut down death immunity. In order to shut down Serpent so he isn't as op you'd need a combination of shutting down death immunity and one of the other two however at that point that would be a hard counter. I really don't see how any of this would work without making it a hard counter.
    So we need a mash-up champ named "RinCha Supreme" 😁
  • JahlilFTWJahlilFTW Member Posts: 15
    yes
    im not believing that you’re killing serpent bosses with a r4 sym supreme until I see a video, if that’s the case you should be masters easily
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★
    no
    Polygon said:

I thought i was he going to get a buff

Apologize for my typo, what I meant to say is that I thought Serpent was going to get a buff
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    yes
    As the owner of 7 star rank 2 Serpent I say he could have been but he will give me PTSD in defense so I have to deal with his stupid power gain
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    edited August 29
    yes

He didn't really need a nerf, he needed more of a rebalance/rework. Make him a little worse on defense, but make up for it with a damage boost to make him a more well-rounded champ

I think his damage is great on offense. Lagacy used a 4 star Serpent during his crucible run. He hits like a truck once ramped up, plus he’s one of the safest questers out there
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★
    yes
    EdisonLaw said:

He didn't really need a nerf, he needed more of a rebalance/rework. Make him a little worse on defense, but make up for it with a damage boost to make him a more well-rounded champ

I think his damage is great on offense. Lagacy used a 4 star Serpent during his crucible run. He hits like a truck once ramped up, plus he’s one of the safest questers out there
    Community really should've abused 7* Serpants on attack more, that's the only way to get Kabam tingle about balancing stuff
    yes
    PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Community really should've abused 7* Serpants on attack more, that's the only way to get Kabam tingle about balancing stuff
    I agree lol, that seems to be what they care about the most, they are worried about making another Herc
  • Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Member Posts: 47
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I agree lol, that seems to be what they care about the most, they are worried about making another Herc
    So instead of preventing a herc, they are actively trying to create a herc in the opposite direction? Cause we’ve been seeing a little too many 5/5 defenders lately and not enough attack with that same power
    edited August 29
    yes

EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

So instead of preventing a herc, they are actively trying to create a herc in the opposite direction? Cause we’ve been seeing a little too many 5/5 defenders lately and not enough attack with that same power
    A defensive herc, which I think they succeeded with Serpent
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    no
    No, because I pulled him yesterday

/j
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    no

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

https://youtu.be/htDUr6cFYgs?si=7XuUp2DQDLCmOg17

Seems like Spidey works pretty well to me 🤷🏻‍♂️
    JahlilFTW said:

im not believing that you’re killing serpent bosses with a r4 sym supreme until I see a video, if that’s the case you should be masters easily

Funny you should mention that.

I spent a few seasons in Masters but took a step back because I prefer ranking off-meta fun champs (remember, this is a game). Played with a lot of players you’ve probably heard of. I don’t have a YouTube channel of my own, but if you’d like I could send those Sym Supreme videos over Line.