https://youtu.be/4IQUc3LrRzA?si=051io_05Ap8AHtNu
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

https://youtu.be/aOBXUp1fICc?si=Mow9Xhb77DLPeDtW

I was expecting Shathra to drop first, odd

The deep dives go by who releases first and i think he does
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 31
    He looks solid overall. Hopefully finally a champ this year who can do bg fights in sp1 sp2 lol

Edit: welp DLL in his spotlight with context said in a vanilla matchup his damage isn’t gonna feel like anything enormous. I may have to take back what I said
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Unpopular opinion but looks like another L to me, cool mechanics and playstyle but rotation is literally the same dumb turtle speed bs like Patriot: sp1 sp2 and only then can you finally start dealing any meaningful amount damage.

He looks solid overall. Hopefully finally a champ this year who can do bg fights in sp1 sp2 lol

Edit: welp DLL in his spotlight with context said in a vanilla matchup his damage isn’t gonna feel like anything enormous. I may have to take back what I said

His damage starts after that sp2 so yeah definitely not good for BGs lol he's going to be just as relevant as Patriot is in BGs, haven't seen a single once since he was released 💀
    edited August 31

His damage starts after that sp2 so yeah definitely not good for BGs lol he's going to be just as relevant as Patriot is in BGs, haven't seen a single once since he was released 💀
    Based on DLL’s spotlight with context I think he’ll be fast enough in his ideal matchups but yea otherwise I doubt it. I do think he’s better than patriot tho

It’s also sounding like he’s a pretty decent enchantress counter.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

Unpopular opinion but looks like another L to me, cool mechanics and playstyle but rotation is literally the same dumb turtle speed bs like Patriot: sp1 sp2 and only then can you finally start dealing any meaningful amount damage.

Based on DLL’s spotlight with context I think he’ll be fast enough in his ideal matchups but yea otherwise I doubt it. I do think he’s better than patriot tho
    He looks like Leader 2.0

Power gain matchups will allow him to skip the sp1 completely just like Patriot can skip sp1 when there are a ton of debuffs, he will work for those kinds of matchups in BGs but anything else he's just slow.
    I don't really think he's better than Patriot either cause at least he handles Photon, this guy handles Chavez and Dragon Man and that's basically it.

As for Enchantress, she doesn't really count cause anyone can do that fight, Shocker is a counter too and he doesn't have anything that actually counters her kit.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Not sure how to feel about him yet but I’m hopeful. The damage starts after sp2 but his sp1 gives him a bunch of power so perhaps it’s faster than it seems. I am interested in this synergy he has with Zemo and Hood though.

The bonues for zemo is pretty nice, Definitely allows him to land atleast 4-5 extra hits on root.
    Idk I find him exciting, Huge energy and physical resistance, great immunities, resistance to shock and incenerates, The evade on final hit is very helpful against defenders like photon.

I just don't understand the point of the incenerate and plasma effect? What value does it even provide? The dot damage is meh, I wish it deals a portion of sp2 damage like Bishop's incenerate do.

Power gain matchups will allow him to skip the sp1 completely just like Patriot can skip sp1 when there are a ton of debuffs, he will work for those kinds of matchups in BGs but anything else he's just slow.
    I don't really think he's better than Patriot either cause at least he handles Photon, this guy handles Chavez and Dragon Man and that's basically it.

As for Enchantress, she doesn't really count cause anyone can do that fight, Shocker is a counter too and he doesn't have anything that actually counters her kit.
    We’ll see I guess. Gonna be interesting to see how many people spend for the 7*.

With enchantress DLL was more so speaking under the context of hazard shift, and I have absolutely no idea why I didn’t mention that in my other post I guess I forgor🤷. But yea even then she still probably has other options.
    Squidopus said:

Not sure how to feel about him yet but I’m hopeful. The damage starts after sp2 but his sp1 gives him a bunch of power so perhaps it’s faster than it seems. I am interested in this synergy he has with Zemo and Hood though.

Only good thing he has going for him cause I do have a r6 Zemo and use him a ton.

Enchantress doesn't really need a counter, But shocker is definitely a bad choice. Have to sacrifice his heavy charges for knockdown mission. He is definitely one of the wordt counters lol.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★

Idk I find him exciting, Huge energy and physical resistance, great immunities, resistance to shock and incenerates, The evade on final hit is very helpful against defenders like photon.

I just don't understand the point of the incenerate and plasma effect? What value does it even provide? The dot damage is meh, I wish it deals a portion of sp2 damage like Bishop's incenerate do.

That and the burst damage he deals when chaining his evade into special. Extra damage is extra damage I guess but they don’t seem anywhere near significant enough that he’d miss them if they were gone. I guess the attack bonuses and energy vuln are supposed to help with that, we’ll see I guess.

Enchantress doesn't really need a counter, But shocker is definitely a bad choice. Have to sacrifice his heavy charges for knockdown mission. He is definitely one of the wordt counters lol.
    Huh?
    https://youtu.be/ciKkOP5Frxs?si=ykcwaqcv0BZKREQ4
    You don't have to bait a single special with Shocker? Have you even tried?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

The evade is interesting but I don’t think all special attacks can be evaded
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 402 ★★★
    oh right

he's immune to bleed

90% resistance to shock & incinerates

so he would work for enchantress on hazard shift right?

She doesn’t have to be knocked down with a heavy specifically. The rotation I’ve seen is punish heavy to get rid of green, intercept to deal with orange, then use sp1 to knock her down and get rid of purple. Then just anti-bait specials and get to sp2 before she goes red, heavy and the fight is over.

Shocker does need to be at decent sig to do this though.

Huh?
    Oh cmon he definitely got lucky with the sp1 spells. If she got a purple one, you have to throw a heavy and waste your charges.
    Wolf911 said:

oh right

he's immune to bleed

That and he’s immune to power steal, so Enchantress won’t punish his bleed immunity or a failed dex from neutralize with lost power. Definitely gonna be one of the best options for that specific fight.

We’ll see I guess. Gonna be interesting to see how many people spend for the 7*.

With enchantress DLL was more so speaking under the context of hazard shift, and I have absolutely no idea why I didn’t mention that in my other post I guess I forgor🤷. But yea even then she still probably has other options.
    I was going to but I won't now, I get that a lot of people here prefer positivity but I'm genuinely done with Kabam this year. I'll play the game but I'm not spending anything until they start listening to the playerbase and stop doing whatever they want.
    They just gave us Leader, a champ nobody cares about cause he's mid, and now they drop another science champ that counters power gain and regen and is also mid lol they don't care.

Oh okay yeah fair enough if it's hazard shift sure, though I probably would still use decay attackers for that in AW.

Huh?
    Oh cmon he definitely got lucky with the sp1 spells. If she got a purple one, you have to throw a heavy and waste your charges.
    It’s not like you have to waste all you vibro-shock charges, just do a normal parry heavy and you’ll lose like 5 max.
    Squidopus said:

Wolf911 said:

oh right

he's immune to bleed

That and he’s immune to power steal, so Enchantress won’t punish his bleed immunity or a failed dex from neutralize with lost power. Definitely gonna be one of the best options for that specific fight.
    He looks like a great hazard shift counter in general.

Huh?
    You lose 5 charges for one heavy my guy, not 20. Is one combo that big of a deal? Lol

I was going to but I won't now, I get that a lot of people here prefer positivity but I'm genuinely done with Kabam this year. I'll play the game but I'm not spending anything until they start listening to the playerbase and stop doing whatever they want.
    They just gave us Leader, a champ nobody cares about cause he's mid, and now they drop another science champ that counters power gain and regen and is also mid lol they don't care.

Oh okay yeah fair enough if it's hazard shift sure, though I probably would still use decay attackers for that in AW.
    Yeah I totally get it. I haven’t been in the community for that long but I’ve watched as kabam will pull something goofy, the community gets mad, then Kabam will make a bunch of great moves and the community forgets about whatever bs had previously happened. Then it’ll seem like smooth sailing until they again pull some bs out of nowhere and the cycle continues.

I’m more annoyed about serpent then I was about revive farming. I’m not gonna just forget about it after a couple weeks because kabam made some fun events. I’ll appreciate them, but I’m not ignoring the serpent disaster.

She doesn’t have to be knocked down with a heavy specifically. The rotation I’ve seen is punish heavy to get rid of green, intercept to deal with orange, then use sp1 to knock her down and get rid of purple. Then just anti-bait specials and get to sp2 before she goes red, heavy and the fight is over.

Shocker does need to be at decent sig to do this though.
    Yeah that'll work. Shocker won't be great in AW, but he may work against Enchantress in bgs Ig?

Also I never knew you can knockdown with a special, I thought the mission was exclusively knockdown with a heavy, This enchantress bi*** got a lot of tricks in her bag lmao.

Yeah I totally get it. I haven’t been in the community for that long but I’ve watched as kabam will pull something goofy, the community gets mad, then Kabam will make a bunch of great moves and the community forgets about whatever bs had previously happened. Then it’ll seem like smooth sailing until they again pull some bs out of nowhere and the cycle continues.

I’m more annoyed about serpent then I was about revive farming. I’m not gonna just forget about it after a couple weeks because kabam made some fun events. I’ll appreciate them, but I’m not ignoring the serpent disaster.
    Revive farming isn't gone though, it's only made tough 😉