Count Nefaria deep dive is here

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

He looks solid overall. Hopefully finally a champ this year who can do bg fights in sp1 sp2 lol

Edit: welp DLL in his spotlight with context said in a vanilla matchup his damage isn’t gonna feel like anything enormous. I may have to take back what I said

His damage starts after that sp2 so yeah definitely not good for BGs lol he's going to be just as relevant as Patriot is in BGs, haven't seen a single once since he was released 💀
    Based on DLL’s spotlight with context I think he’ll be fast enough in his ideal matchups but yea otherwise I doubt it. I do think he’s better than patriot tho

It’s also sounding like he’s a pretty decent enchantress counter.
    Power gain matchups will allow him to skip the sp1 completely just like Patriot can skip sp1 when there are a ton of debuffs, he will work for those kinds of matchups in BGs but anything else he's just slow.
    I don't really think he's better than Patriot either cause at least he handles Photon, this guy handles Chavez and Dragon Man and that's basically it.

As for Enchantress, she doesn't really count cause anyone can do that fight, Shocker is a counter too and he doesn't have anything that actually counters her kit.
    We’ll see I guess. Gonna be interesting to see how many people spend for the 7*.

With enchantress DLL was more so speaking under the context of hazard shift, and I have absolutely no idea why I didn’t mention that in my other post I guess I forgor🤷. But yea even then she still probably has other options.
    I was going to but I won't now, I get that a lot of people here prefer positivity but I'm genuinely done with Kabam this year. I'll play the game but I'm not spending anything until they start listening to the playerbase and stop doing whatever they want.
    They just gave us Leader, a champ nobody cares about cause he's mid, and now they drop another science champ that counters power gain and regen and is also mid lol they don't care.

Oh okay yeah fair enough if it's hazard shift sure, though I probably would still use decay attackers for that in AW.
    Yeah I totally get it. I haven’t been in the community for that long but I’ve watched as kabam will pull something goofy, the community gets mad, then Kabam will make a bunch of great moves and the community forgets about whatever bs had previously happened. Then it’ll seem like smooth sailing until they again pull some bs out of nowhere and the cycle continues.

I’m more annoyed about serpent then I was about revive farming. I’m not gonna just forget about it after a couple weeks because kabam made some fun events. I’ll appreciate them, but I’m not ignoring the serpent disaster.
    Revive farming isn't gone though, it's only made tough 😉
    I know, but a lot of the annoyance (at least for me) was at kabam’s attitude in their responses rather than the change itself. Granted it would’ve been much worse if they hadn’t responded and made some of the changes they did.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

He looks solid overall. Hopefully finally a champ this year who can do bg fights in sp1 sp2 lol

Edit: welp DLL in his spotlight with context said in a vanilla matchup his damage isn’t gonna feel like anything enormous. I may have to take back what I said

His damage starts after that sp2 so yeah definitely not good for BGs lol he's going to be just as relevant as Patriot is in BGs, haven't seen a single once since he was released 💀
    Based on DLL’s spotlight with context I think he’ll be fast enough in his ideal matchups but yea otherwise I doubt it. I do think he’s better than patriot tho

Power gain matchups will allow him to skip the sp1 completely just like Patriot can skip sp1 when there are a ton of debuffs, he will work for those kinds of matchups in BGs but anything else he's just slow.
    I don't really think he's better than Patriot either cause at least he handles Photon, this guy handles Chavez and Dragon Man and that's basically it.

As for Enchantress, she doesn't really count cause anyone can do that fight, Shocker is a counter too and he doesn't have anything that actually counters her kit.
    We’ll see I guess. Gonna be interesting to see how many people spend for the 7*.

With enchantress DLL was more so speaking under the context of hazard shift, and I have absolutely no idea why I didn’t mention that in my other post I guess I forgor🤷. But yea even then she still probably has other options.
    I was going to but I won't now, I get that a lot of people here prefer positivity but I'm genuinely done with Kabam this year. I'll play the game but I'm not spending anything until they start listening to the playerbase and stop doing whatever they want.
    They just gave us Leader, a champ nobody cares about cause he's mid, and now they drop another science champ that counters power gain and regen and is also mid lol they don't care.

Oh okay yeah fair enough if it's hazard shift sure, though I probably would still use decay attackers for that in AW.
    Yeah I totally get it. I haven’t been in the community for that long but I’ve watched as kabam will pull something goofy, the community gets mad, then Kabam will make a bunch of great moves and the community forgets about whatever bs had previously happened. Then it’ll seem like smooth sailing until they again pull some bs out of nowhere and the cycle continues.

I’m more annoyed about serpent then I was about revive farming. I’m not gonna just forget about it after a couple weeks because kabam made some fun events. I’ll appreciate them, but I’m not ignoring the serpent disaster.
    I know, but a lot of the annoyance (at least for me) was at kabam’s attitude in their responses rather than the change itself. Granted it would’ve been much worse if they hadn’t responded and made some of the changes they did.
    And it’s all because of Hercules…
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

It's been a lot like that lately, one perfect example of this is Enchantress. People forgot about the +6 months of trash releases after her deep dive came out and although she has worse damage than Negasonic for shorter fights, Negasonic always gets the short end of the stick while she gets praised everywhere lol.

Same here, really hoping that Serpent thread stays up, this time they actually crossed the line almost as bad as when 12.0 absolutely gutted the best champs in the game, they deserve all the backlash.

It's been a lot like that lately, one perfect example of this is Enchantress. People forgot about the +6 months of trash releases after her deep dive came out and although she has worse damage than Negasonic for shorter fights, Negasonic always gets the short end of the stick while she gets praised everywhere lol.

Same here, really hoping that Serpent thread stays up, this time they actually crossed the line almost as bad as when 12.0 absolutely gutted the best champs in the game, they deserve all the backlash.
    I don’t think it’s as bad as 12.0 but it’s close
    EdisonLaw said:

With hindsight I think it was more so necropolis that drove it than herc. They knew they had necro coming out down the line and I think that’s why they made the change seemingly out of the blue long after we had discovered it.

When it came out we still had some farms and I think they just let us have them for a little bit just to throw us a bone I guess lol.
    EdisonLaw said:

Not as bad but close, I think it's definitely in the top 5 most controversial decisions ever made by Kabam for obvious reasons.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

As someone who was around when 12.0 was there, this isn’t even close or a similar scenario. When they nerfed those champs it was necessary for game balance because if the mechanics stayed the same every champ release after them would be irrelevant and the way the game checks for stuff like WP and armor break was totally different and broken
    edited August 31

I think she gets more praise because she’s jam packed with utility, even though it takes a little while to get it up. Negasonic is a one trick pony as a skill class counter and yet she does it too slowly to make her relevant.

And yea I want that thread to stay up as long as it can. His rebalancing still feels so out of touch
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

With hindsight I think it was more so necropolis that drove it than herc. They knew they had necro coming out down the line and I think that’s why they made the change seemingly out of the blue long after we had discovered it.

When it came out we still had some farms and I think they just let us have them for a little bit just to throw us a bone I guess lol.
    Nah it is mainly because everyone cheesed carina vol 3 challenges with act 4 revives. It was just mindless revive spam (which was very easy to grind anyways) to get the first 6 r5 champ.

They left out act 5 revives at that time because act 5 is not autoplayed by most players at thag time.

But when necro was launched, endgame players had a more developed roster which allowed them to auto play act 5 for revives, so they nerfed it as well.

They will probably nerf the current source when 7* r5s become a thing and the current source can be auto cheesed as well.

Basically,they aren't against revive farming. They are against mindless autoplay revive farming.
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

As someone who was around when 12.0 was there, this isn’t even close or a similar scenario. When they nerfed those champs it was necessary for game balance because if the mechanics stayed the same every champ release after them would be irrelevant and the way the game checks for stuff like WP and armor break was totally different and broken
    I was around when 12.0 happened, I'm not comparing the reasoning behind both decisions, what I'm comparing is the backlash and reaction from the community. It's very close, we have a petition up and the thread's about to be at the top on the front page for three days straight already.

I think she gets more praise because she’s jam packed with utility, even though it takes a little while to get it up. Negasonic is a one trick pony as a skill class counter and yet she does it too slowly to make her relevant.

And yea I want that thread to stay up as long as it can. His rebalancing still feels so out of touch
    She is but I still don't think she deserves as much praise as she gets, she is better than Negasonic but when the deep dive came out people were going crazy like we got a new Kushala or something and it's really not even close.

EdisonLaw said:

Nah it is mainly because everyone cheesed carina vol 3 challenges with act 4 revives. It was just mindless revive spam (which was very easy to grind anyways) to get the first 6 r5 champ.

They left out act 5 revives at that time because act 5 is not autoplayed by most players at thag time.

But when necro was launched, endgame players had a more developed roster which allowed them to auto play act 5 for revives, so they nerfed it as well.

They will probably nerf the current source when 7* r5s become a thing and the current source can be auto cheesed as well.

Basically,they aren't against revive farming. They are against mindless autoplay revive farming.
    Ah that’s some info I didn’t know. I came back to the game like a month before the nerf happened and I was like conqueror lmao. Didn’t know much about end game content at the time.

She is but I still don't think she deserves as much praise as she gets, she is better than Negasonic but when the deep dive came out people were going crazy like we got a new Kushala or something and it's really not even close.
    She’s definitely no Kushala.
    @ItsClobberinTime im losing my mind with the forums abyss eating my posts so have to tag you.

I think part of the praise was due Ti her character model iykwim lol
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★
    So he wont nuke Sassy? Md for the power gain
    Polygon said:

So he wont nuke Sassy? Md for the power gain

Depends on how long he takes
    Also no one is mentioning about this, but

Apparently his charges grant him a ton of energy resistance, physical resistance and degen resistance.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

Unpopular opinion but looks like another L to me, cool mechanics and playstyle but rotation is literally the same dumb turtle speed bs like Patriot: sp1 sp2 and only then can you finally start dealing any meaningful amount damage.

EdisonLaw said:

Unpopular opinion but looks like another L to me, cool mechanics and playstyle but rotation is literally the same dumb turtle speed bs like Patriot: sp1 sp2 and only then can you finally start dealing any meaningful amount damage.

He looks like Leader 2.0
    They're entirely different champs
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 366 ★★★
    Wait so..he'll counter serpent and nick fury? He'll gain 50 ionic charges immediately when serpent's death immunity triggers or when Nick's LMD dies.
    Unless I'm not understanding it correctly
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★

Wait so..he'll counter serpent and nick fury? He'll gain 50 ionic charges immediately when serpent's death immunity triggers or when Nick's LMD dies.

He definitely looks like he perform well against nick fury, can maybe cheese his second phase. Serpent, nah. Serpent gains regen gradually not whole 8% in 0.5 sec

He definitely looks like he perform well against nick fury, can maybe cheese his second phase. Serpent, nah. Serpent gains regen gradually not whole 8% in 0.5 sec
    He does gain power very quick with his death immunity though.

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    Different champs with the same rotation for damage, I don't see how that changes anything I said, he will be irrelevant for BGs if he's that slow.

@ItsClobberinTime im losing my mind with the forums abyss eating my posts so have to tag you.

I think part of the praise was due Ti her character model iykwim lol

It happens lol and yeah that was probably it, they need to go outside and find a girl if they're that desperate though 💀

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    Different champs with the same rotation for damage, I don't see how that changes anything I said, he will be irrelevant for BGs if he's that slow.
    Well I think he'll only be used for champs he can counter well. Serpent, nick fury, chavez, destroyer etc

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    Well I think he'll only be used for champs he can counter well. Serpent, nick fury, chavez, destroyer etc
    He can't counter Serpent, I believe DLL already said that on his video.
    As for the others, there are a ton of way better options for them so even then I doubt it.

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    As for the others, there are a ton of way better options for them so even then I doubt it.
    I didn't watch the video but went back to serpent's spotlight and yeah. He gains 30% of a bar of power per second so that's 15% every half second. Nefaria won't be countering him.
    edited August 31

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    Like Titania, Photon, Pig, etc. Science is the most stacked class in the game, so for Nefaria to do well he needs to be near or around their level.

He should be a great Enchantress counter though, according to DLL

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    I'm not saying they're the same champion. They just do similar things, but with different abilities and playstyles.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    They don't have the same rotation at all. Nefaria steals power gain and healing to fuel his power for specials, leader actively punishes power gain and regeneration and that's the main source of his damage.

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    They don't have the same rotation at all. Nefaria steals power gain and healing to fuel his power for specials, leader actively punishes power gain and regeneration and that's the main source of his damage.
    Not Leader, Patriot, sp1 sp2 and only then does the damage get going. I didn't say anything about Leader that was someone else.