Count Nefaria deep dive is here

13»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Unpopular opinion but looks like another L to me, cool mechanics and playstyle but rotation is literally the same dumb turtle speed bs like Patriot: sp1 sp2 and only then can you finally start dealing any meaningful amount damage.

He looks solid overall. Hopefully finally a champ this year who can do bg fights in sp1 sp2 lol

Edit: welp DLL in his spotlight with context said in a vanilla matchup his damage isn’t gonna feel like anything enormous. I may have to take back what I said

His damage starts after that sp2 so yeah definitely not good for BGs lol he's going to be just as relevant as Patriot is in BGs, haven't seen a single once since he was released 💀
    EdisonLaw said:

Unpopular opinion but looks like another L to me, cool mechanics and playstyle but rotation is literally the same dumb turtle speed bs like Patriot: sp1 sp2 and only then can you finally start dealing any meaningful amount damage.

He looks solid overall. Hopefully finally a champ this year who can do bg fights in sp1 sp2 lol

Edit: welp DLL in his spotlight with context said in a vanilla matchup his damage isn’t gonna feel like anything enormous. I may have to take back what I said

His damage starts after that sp2 so yeah definitely not good for BGs lol he's going to be just as relevant as Patriot is in BGs, haven't seen a single once since he was released 💀
    Based on DLL’s spotlight with context I think he’ll be fast enough in his ideal matchups but yea otherwise I doubt it. I do think he’s better than patriot tho
    He looks like Leader 2.0
    They're entirely different champs
    Different champs with the same rotation for damage, I don't see how that changes anything I said, he will be irrelevant for BGs if he's that slow.
    Well I think he'll only be used for champs he can counter well. Serpent, nick fury, chavez, destroyer etc
    He can't counter Serpent, I believe DLL already said that on his video.
    As for the others, there are a ton of way better options for them so even then I doubt it.
    Like Titania, Photon, Pig, etc. Science is the most stacked class in the game, so for Nefaria to do well he needs to be near or around their level.

He should be a great Enchantress counter though, according to DLL
    That's a somewhat fair point but again, anyone can counter Enchantress cause it's all about skill when you fight her.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Based on DLL’s spotlight with context I think he’ll be fast enough in his ideal matchups but yea otherwise I doubt it. I do think he’s better than patriot tho
    He looks like Leader 2.0
    Different champs with the same rotation for damage, I don't see how that changes anything I said, he will be irrelevant for BGs if he's that slow.
    Well I think he'll only be used for champs he can counter well. Serpent, nick fury, chavez, destroyer etc
    As for the others, there are a ton of way better options for them so even then I doubt it.
    Like Titania, Photon, Pig, etc. Science is the most stacked class in the game, so for Nefaria to do well he needs to be near or around their level.

That's a somewhat fair point but again, anyone can counter Enchantress cause it's all about skill when you fight her.
    That’s true but there’s a lot of players that still struggle with her and the AI issues inflate her difficulty a bit (or a lot depending on how crappy the AI is). Having a counter this early into her life cycle is nice
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0

That’s true but there’s a lot of players that still struggle with her and the AI issues inflate her difficulty a bit (or a lot depending on how crappy the AI is). Having a counter this early into her life cycle is nice
    Yeah but those players aren't usually at the top, Nefaria's not going to have any impact at high level realistically, counter or not most of us already know how to fight Enchantress and his rotation isn't exactly quick it's the same as Patriot.
    Also, I haven't had any AI issues personally, I think it's just people not being used to her yet and not knowing which spell to deactivate first. The only AI issue I can see is her not going for the intercept but if you're using light intercepts it's very unlikely you'll get clipped.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0

Yeah but those players aren't usually at the top, Nefaria's not going to have any impact at high level realistically, counter or not most of us already know how to fight Enchantress and his rotation isn't exactly quick it's the same as Patriot.
    Also, I haven't had any AI issues personally, I think it's just people not being used to her yet and not knowing which spell to deactivate first. The only AI issue I can see is her not going for the intercept but if you're using light intercepts it's very unlikely you'll get clipped.
    They are mostly referring to her being passive and blocking instead of dashing in so you can intercept
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0

They are mostly referring to her being passive and blocking instead of dashing in so you can intercept
    You parry when she goes in and try again? That's not an AI issue lol come on.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0

You parry when she goes in and try again? That's not an AI issue lol come on.
    Well that works lol
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

He looks like Leader 2.0
    They don't have the same rotation at all. Nefaria steals power gain and healing to fuel his power for specials, leader actively punishes power gain and regeneration and that's the main source of his damage.
    Not Leader, Patriot, sp1 sp2 and only then does the damage get going. I didn't say anything about Leader that was someone else.
    My mistake, I figured this was cause people were saying nefaria and leader had the same rotation