ACT 9 - CHAPTER 1: REVELATION

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★

This really feels like the rank 3 treadmill is starting to turn up which is exciting. I'm ready to give this one a try. The rewards look good. I also am looking forward to cracking another Titan to try for something good.

If you want to crack somethin good from the titan it's better to hold it off until October.
  • drsnow69drsnow69 Member Posts: 21
    so how about giving us those raids tickets back? was supposed to be refunded last night
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Buttehrs said:

Solid difficulty, solid rewards, just as a good quest should be. Can't wait to fight the Chronoserpent though!

I'm assuming by the wording in this post that this starts the end of book 2, that were gonna be fighting him in 9.4
    Thats how i thought it but could mean act 10 could be the finale also and this is just the beginning of the end will see with each new chapter
    Also true. Time will tell I suppose.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    drsnow69 said:

so how about giving us those raids tickets back? was supposed to be refunded last night

My theory is that they will come next week monday when the glory rewards are typically given out and the new raid starts.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

MCOC Team said:

ACT 9 - THE RECKONING

CHAPTER 1 - REVELATION

Welcome to the first chapter of Story Quest's newest Act, ACT 9 - THE RECKONING!

Act 9 Chapter 1 is the beginning of the end of Book 2, as we head towards the climactic conclusion of Carina's war against Ouroboros and the sinister Chronoserpent! With their enemies closing in, the Chonoserpent has become desperate, and will use every tool at their disposal to defeat the Summoner and lay claim to the Battlerealm. As a result, they've activated a potent but unstable effect known as SCOURGE, granting the Chronoserpent's followers additional powers to aid in the defeat of The Summoner and their Champions. Such intense challenges are not for the faint of heart, and Act 9 will demand only the best from every Summoner and their roster.

So Ascend those Champions, rank up those Relics, and see if you have what it takes to overcome ACT 9 CHAPTER 1 - REVELATION!

THE STORY QUEST STANDARD

Act 9 is composed of the following…
    • 1 Act containing 4 Chapters
    • Each Chapter consists of 6 Quests
    • Each Quest is made up of…
      • 3 Paths with 6 Encounter per Path
      • 3 Final Bosses (Not Path Dependent)
      • 1-3 Choice Nodes (found just before fighting the Final Bosses)
    Choice Nodes located just before the Final Bosses of each Quest, giving players a chance to swap out a non-KO’d 5, 6, or 7-Star Champion for another in their roster. The freshly swapped in Champion will enter the Quest at full health and ready to rumble. Summoners will find these Choice Nodes after the final Path Fight, but just before the Final Bosses, giving them a chance to swap in a Champion better suited for the challenges those Bosses present.

QUEST ENERGY COSTS

Each quest consists of 3 paths, with an average of 23 nodes per path. Each path also contains 6 fights, plus the Final Boss fight.

TOTAL COST OF COMPLETION: 414 Energy
    TOTAL COST OF EXPLORATION: 1242 Energy

UPDATED GLOBAL NODES

Before we get into the new mechanics found in Act 9 Chapter 1, it's important to bring up the Global Nodes that you'll find layered on top of every fight in Act 9.1.

First, we have removed "Pulling Rank - 6-Stars" from the Global Nodes in Act 9.1. Summoners are still free to bring their 6-Star Champions into Story Quest content, but they will be less effective compared to the 7-Stars who benefit from the sizable Attack Bonus of "Pulling Rank - 7-Stars".
    • Adrenaline Rush
      The Attacker gains up to 100% Damage Reduction at all times, scaling with their current Adrenaline. Adrenaline is gained after being Struck.
    • Hold the Line
      The Attacker gains up to +80% Block Proficiency at all times, scaling with their current Adrenaline. Adrenaline is gained after being Struck.
    • Pulling Rank - 7-Stars
      7-Star Attackers gain a permanent Attack Bonus based on their Rank ranging from +800 to +2800.
    • Free Spirited - 3
      The Attacker's Spirit Gain Rate is increased 100%.

SCOURGE OF THE BATTLEREALM

A new Act means a new mechanical menace in the form of custom Quest Nodes. For Act 9 we're rolling out a new system called SCOURGE.

SCOURGE NODES grant the Defender an escalating threat or benefit that increases in chance and/or potency as the Defender accumulates SCOURGE CHARGES. While some of these Scourge Nodes will be counterable with RPG effects, others will only be preventable by controlling the amount of Scourge Charges the Defender has. But how do they gain Scourge? And how do you remove it once it's there?

PROLIFERATE NODES give Defenders Scourge Charges over the course of the fight, pausing only for a few seconds whenever the player performs a specific action. While it can be beneficial to keep Proliferate Nodes paused for as long as possible, it's much more advantageous to remove Scourge Charges from the Defender throughout the fight.

CLARIFY NODES allow the Attacker to remove a variable amount of Scourge Charges from the Defender by performing specific actions throughout the fight. By skilfully playing around the pauses on Proliferate and the removals on Clarify, Summoner's should be able to overcome the deadly threats of Scourge Nodes.

STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT

In addition to a handful of new Quest Nodes found throughout Act 9.1, we've circled back to the addition of Class-Based Striker Nodes. It's been some time since we last rolled out a batch of these divisive Nodes, but based on past feedback from the community (and our own players here at Kabam) we feel confident that these new Quest Nodes are coming in at the right time with some exciting effects everyone will enjoy.

AN X-CEPTIONAL ASSASSIN

Act 9 Chapter 1 brings another exciting custom Boss to The Contest in the form of Ouroboros' corrupted assassin X-23 (OROCHI).

Laura Kinney's fierce spirit was seemingly indomitable, forcing the Chronoserpent to layer false memory over false memory until her original sense of self was gone, leaving behind only the ultimate engine of evisceration. Inspired by her mutant physiology, Cerastes (the corrupted Iron Man from Act 8 Chapter 3) bonded Orochi's Corrupted Celestial Armor directly to her flesh in an attempt to create the perfect fusion of mutant and machine. As a result, Orochi's body has become a temple to the corruption of the Chronoserpent, making it a factory of poison and putrescence to infect her unwitting victims.

In the form of Orochi, Laura's existing claws have been upgraded with extended range and lethality after being imbued with Celestial materials and the Chronoserpent's power. Additionally, X-23's mutant regenerative powers have equalized with the Chronoserpent's toxic influence, turning her into a living plague capable of infecting everything around her with decay and degradation. All of this, combined with X-23's already formidable combat skills, makes Orochi a formidable foe armed with all the abilities necessary to finally destroy The Summoner. Can you survive Orochi's assault? Test yourself against them in ACT 9 CHAPTER 1 - REVELATION!

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED

Act 9 Chapter 1 features Path Rewards, Completion Rewards, and Exploration Rewards. Check them out below!

Chapter 1 Completion Rewards
    57 000x T4 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    5 000x 7-Star Titan Crystal Shards
    1x 6 Star Relic Shard Crystal
    15 000x 7-Star Hero Crystal Shards
    12x T6 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals 25%
    10x T3 Alpha Catalysts
    10x T6 Basic Catalysts
    2 000 000x Gold

Chapter 1 Exploration Rewards
    2x 7-Star Rank Up Gem 1 to 2
    1x 7-Star Class Hero Crystal
    3x T6 Class Catalyst Selector
    1x Nexus 6 Star Relic Crystal
    10 000x 7-Star Titan Crystal Shard
    85 500x T4 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    20x 7-Star Signature Stone
    5 000 000x Gold

Quest Completion and Exploration Rewards
    20x Tier 5 Class Iso (different for each Quest)
    15x Tier 6 Class Iso (different for each Quest)

Path Rewards
    These rewards can only be picked up on paths inside a given Quest. Each reward only appears once per Quest, can only be picked up once, and cannot be claimed until after you complete the Quest.

1 000 000x Gold
    5x T6 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal 25%
    5 700x T4 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    2 500x 7-Star Hero Crystal Shard
    1 000x 7-Star Titan Crystal Shard
    90x Units

FINAL WORDS

We’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who came out for our Act 9 Chapter 1 Beta. Community feedback and support helps us stay the course on keeping Story Quests an exciting, engaging, and exemplary experience for all of our players.

As always, thank you all for your patience, your passion, and your participation.
    Good luck Summoners!
    Just asking but what kinda health pools are we looking at? 600k-700k?
    If I'm not mistaken, 9.1.1 had like 900-925k-ish.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 732 ★★★
    Stop disagreeing with everything, guys! I asked a question and you're like "erm, how dare you ask a question! I'm going to have to spam a meaningless button!" Smh. Anyway, thanks JC
  • ShahbazShahbaz Member Posts: 1
    I'm excited the rewards are pretty cool especially t4 Alpha
    Roggam said:

@Awesomep12 guessing they are due to your copying the entire post instead of just asking the question

They should get over themselves then. I am very excited for the rewards as well!
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 826 ★★★
    This is awesome!!
    OGAvenger said:

Stop disagreeing with everything, guys! I asked a question and you're like "erm, how dare you ask a question! I'm going to have to spam a meaningless button!" Smh. Anyway, thanks JC

I would bet money it’s because you quote the entire post. Which is very long and unnecessary to ask a simple question
    Sorry to waste a whole 2 seconds of your life I guess

OGAvenger said:

I would bet money it’s because you quote the entire post. Which is very long and unnecessary to ask a simple question
    Quiting an entire post for a 5 word question that's about said post is unnecessary at best.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

It’s good culture here to NOT quote the whole post. It’s annoying for all people who want to read comments. Plz don’t do that
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 394 ★★
    edited September 5
    -- 7* class hero means one class selector with 3 choice right?? or 10 choice ?? make it a nexus atleast
    -- people get 7* nexus selector from Valiant + 7hr crystal + money offers

is it too much to ask ??
    Asher1_1 said:

-- 7* class hero means one class selector with 3 choice right?? or 10 choice ?? make it a nexus atleast

is it too much to ask ??

No it's a choice of class and you get a random champ from said class
    Buttehrs said:

Asher1_1 said:

is it too much to ask ??

That's what I am saying atleast make it a nexus as a free2play player I have never gotten a 7* nexus 🤷🤷 it was in July 4th offers , Valiant crystal if u are lucky - so much option for paid players.
    This content & it's time worth the Nexus.
  • Owen519Owen519 Member Posts: 10
    I honestly don't mind the lack of a nexus. I kinda thought there would be one, but it doesn't make that big of a difference. The biggest things are the catalysts with guaranteed value.
    Buttehrs said:

Asher1_1 said:

Buttehrs said:

Asher1_1 said:

is it too much to ask ??

That's what I am saying atleast make it a nexus as a free2play player I have never gotten a 7* nexus 🤷🤷 it was in July 4th offers , Valiant crystal if u are lucky - so much option for paid players.
    You will eventually. They're still super new. And tbh act content is too easy for that kind of reward still.
    yeah - eventually everything will be added then what's the point ?? it's random from 7* it's class random .atleast nexus u get 3 choice . with catalyst u get guarantee choice value which champ u will rank.
    it's about more choice
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

Buttehrs said:

Asher1_1 said:

is it too much to ask ??

Explore act 8 then. There's one in there
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Can you please tell us what the global node attack increases are by rank?

Y’all were all cagey about the 6-star node in act 8, and it turned out that it scaled significantly at ranks 4 and 5.

I’m hoping this will be a more steady, linear climb.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    X-23 (Orochi) animations are here

https://youtu.be/yeilFPHYbiU?si=EkfYrE5f3GbFl5uh
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,053 ★★★★
    3000 UNITS WE BE KNOCKING 9.1 OUT OF THE PARK ON DAY ONE

3000 UNITS WE BE KNOCKING 9.1 OUT OF THE PARK ON DAY ONE

SAME!!!!
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,053 ★★★★
    edited September 6
    Buttehrs said:

Lol if yall need 3k units for a chapter 1 boss yall got issues.

I don't, but I grinded 1. something k and just decided not to stop, cuz banquet innit, then I also got like a k extra from yesterday's event. Will also use some for sos. Also I've never had more than 1500 units at one go before and that was just once so this feels nice. Gonna try explore as well fyi
    Buttehrs said:

Lol if yall need 3k units for a chapter 1 boss yall got issues.

No, it's enough units to explore 9.1