New "Real Event" BG season 22

1235»

Comments

• StatureStature Member Posts: 433 ★★★

Smetira said:

I really don't like this one.
    For some reason I have no faith in the community on an event like this.
    The GC vs VT point gain difference makes it even worse.

Why would the GC vs VT point make things worse?
    It's about time it makes a difference. Winning a match in Bronze/Silver etc. Is not and should not be the same as winning a match in Uru/Arcane or higher.

And as added bonus it decreases effectivity of wintrading/point farming in VT.
    So tell me how scoring more in GC will benefit?
    Have in mind:
    - It's a REALM EVENT, every point from EVERYONE counts.
    - There is NO solo event.
    - Until yesterday there was NO alliance event, and the scoring is the same as before.

Yes people have asked to give more in GC, they implemented it on an event where it actually hurt us.
    Please explain to me how people in VT scoring less than people in GC will benefit us at all?
    It's a boost for GC, not a penalty to VT. They could have left the same scoring system for VT and GC and made it harder to get the milestones and solo points.

With the higher GC scoring, GC players also have a better shot at the ranked rewards. Overall, not sure how this is bad for GC players.
  • SmetiraSmetira Member Posts: 29

Smetira said:

It's about time it makes a difference. Winning a match in Bronze/Silver etc. Is not and should not be the same as winning a match in Uru/Arcane or higher.

Have in mind:
    - Until yesterday there was NO alliance event, and the scoring is the same as before.

Yes people have asked to give more in GC, they implemented it on an event where it actually hurt us.
    Please explain to me how people in VT scoring less than people in GC will benefit us at all?
    It doesnt matter when, question is IF this change is permanent and it will be included in S23 onwards.
    How does it hurt you?
    Majority of people will push for GC cause of Shehulk, they will score more since one f8ght will give points from both players to the realm.

Keep in mind realm will still have Ranked rewards so it does matter that "cheaters" dont yoink more points for little punishment.
    Either they need to push for GC fast and give free wins there (which will help grand total even more) or play more games for same or lose more = play kore games, giving free wins to people in VT.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Smetira said:

Have in mind:

It's a boost for GC, not a penalty to VT. They could have left the same scoring system for VT and GC and made it harder to get the milestones and solo points.

With the higher GC scoring, GC players also have a better shot at the ranked rewards. Overall, not sure how this is bad for GC players.
    Did I say it was bad for GC players?
    Its bad for the realm event.
    You are right its better for ranked rewards, so its better maybe for 100 players? 1k players? At the expense of the whole realm.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,422 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

Did you stop to think that maybe it’s the other way round? If kabam wanted they could have just made everyone get 45 points for win regardless of whether it’s VT or GC. At least now those in GC will be earning more points for the realm event. It may not be that people in VT are scoring less but the people in GC are scoring more.

5000 minimum contribution is based off of the ability to earn GC-level points, so yes VT players are scoring less.

In a normal season, to earn the top Solo milestones, 300000/6750 = 44.44 wins using Elder Marks are what anybody needs, regardless of if it is in VT or GC.

In this Realm season, to meet the top Realm Milestone, 5000 points have to be hit.
    For a VT player, that is 5000/68 = 73.5294 wins.
    For a GC player, it is 5000/118= 42.3729 wins. Note: This can't exist since everyone starts in VT, so it is some combination of VT wins + GC wins, so its more like 50-60 wins.

For this Realm event, VT/GC players have to play more, but VT have to play significantly more. That is a sign of them scoring less.

But what does scoring 300000 in regular season get you? When they had seasons with buffed rewards, they also inflated the point requirement to 400000. So 400000/6750- about 60 wins needed. That puts you right about where you estimated for combination of VT and GC wins.
    My point is that if they wanted, they could have made everyone get lesser points whether it’s VT/GC. So how is getting more points in GC a disadvantage or harmful?
    edited September 25
    Smetira said:

Smetira said:

Have in mind:

It doesnt matter when, question is IF this change is permanent and it will be included in S23 onwards.
    How does it hurt you?
    Majority of people will push for GC cause of Shehulk, they will score more since one f8ght will give points from both players to the realm.

Keep in mind realm will still have Ranked rewards so it does matter that "cheaters" dont yoink more points for little punishment.
    Either they need to push for GC fast and give free wins there (which will help grand total even more) or play more games for same or lose more = play kore games, giving free wins to people in VT.
    I guess I am looking at a different picture, cause as of right now my belief is that we need every farmer to farm as much as they can, every grinder to grind as much as thet can. Every low progression to keep on trying even if they lose 50 matches in a row
    Its kind of funny; because I am know to be one of the first people to say "maybe its not the game mode for you" "git gud" "skill issue" "stop playing pvp, grow your roster"... And here I am advocating for them now, of course its for my own gain though.
    Don't be blinded by the "majority"... I think i read somewhere that the deathless vision season was the highst turn up? 30k people give or take?...How much do you think those 30k ish people will have to score on the realm event to make a significant impact? 5k is wayyyyy too little.
    Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

Did you stop to think that maybe it’s the other way round? If kabam wanted they could have just made everyone get 45 points for win regardless of whether it’s VT or GC. At least now those in GC will be earning more points for the realm event. It may not be that people in VT are scoring less but the people in GC are scoring more.

5000 minimum contribution is based off of the ability to earn GC-level points, so yes VT players are scoring less.

In a normal season, to earn the top Solo milestones, 300000/6750 = 44.44 wins using Elder Marks are what anybody needs, regardless of if it is in VT or GC.

In this Realm season, to meet the top Realm Milestone, 5000 points have to be hit.
    For a GC player, it is 5000/118= 42.3729 wins. Note: This can't exist since everyone starts in VT, so it is some combination of VT wins + GC wins, so its more like 50-60 wins.

For this Realm event, VT/GC players have to play more, but VT have to play significantly more. That is a sign of them scoring less.

But what does scoring 300000 in regular season get you? When they had seasons with buffed rewards, they also inflated the point requirement to 400000. So 400000/6750- about 60 wins needed. That puts you right about where you estimated for combination of VT and GC wins.
    My point is that if they wanted, they could have made everyone get lesser points whether it’s VT/GC. So how is getting more points in GC a disadvantage or harmful?
    Your 90 elder marks or 15 energy cost the same to buy, they don't return the same ammount of points.
    90 elder marks for you for 1 match are not going to have the same value as 90 elder marks from a UC player who loses 10 matches in a row
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,422 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

Your 90 elder marks or 15 energy cost the same to buy, they don't return the same ammount of points.
    90 elder marks for you for 1 match are not going to have the same value as 90 elder marks from a UC player who loses 10 matches in a row
    This I agree with but this is a different argument than more points in GC hurts the realm
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

This I agree with but this is a different argument than more points in GC hurts the realm
    Look I totally agree that GC matches should give a bonus or give more rewards; but that's on a regular season. Not on this one. They took the request at the wrong time.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★
    I LOVE the ideas of realm events. However, they do seem to be a bit upwards thinking in how many people are active enough to achieve all milestones. The crystal opening event is considerably slower than it was the first couple of days. The burnout is real. The battlegrounds event will suffer the same fate. I feel the milestones and points for future realm events should be lowered just a bit.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,368 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

I might be wrong; but the thought of a Real Event was for everyone to push towards a goal.
    With the point difference in VT and GC, a huge chunk of the player base is starting and participating in this event with a hand tied behind their backs.
    We have asked for an incentive to play in GC, clearly they misunderstood our request.

Yeah i think the vast point difference in VT and GC is actually doing more harm than good.

Then again, i can see why they did it as certain uncollected /TB players like @MorningstarIsBae kept crying and spamming threads here that they were facing larger accounts in the Victory Track.

I assume this was meant to incentive people to push into the Gladiator Circuit asap so as to prevent farming. Even though farming wasnt an issue to begin with as certain players just chose to push later on in the season and since it costed twice the energy it did before to even sustain it.

But now with the vast difference in points in GC and VT , i can just see people farming in low tier GC.

In short, they tried to discourage farming, but ended up making it worse by implementing the vast point differences
    I gave you my in game name and said lets go in battlegrounds. You chickend out. Dont pretend to be a big shot
    Calling anyone a "chicken" is crazy considering how hard you were whining in this post. "tHe sCoReS kEeP oN iNcReAsInG" and "lOw TiEr pLaYeRs kEeP gEtTinG aBuSeD!!!"

• ege999menege999men Member Posts: 301 ★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I might be wrong; but the thought of a Real Event was for everyone to push towards a goal.
    With the point difference in VT and GC, a huge chunk of the player base is starting and participating in this event with a hand tied behind their backs.
    We have asked for an incentive to play in GC, clearly they misunderstood our request.

Yeah i think the vast point difference in VT and GC is actually doing more harm than good.

Then again, i can see why they did it as certain uncollected /TB players like @MorningstarIsBae kept crying and spamming threads here that they were facing larger accounts in the Victory Track.

I assume this was meant to incentive people to push into the Gladiator Circuit asap so as to prevent farming. Even though farming wasnt an issue to begin with as certain players just chose to push later on in the season and since it costed twice the energy it did before to even sustain it.

But now with the vast difference in points in GC and VT , i can just see people farming in low tier GC.

In short, they tried to discourage farming, but ended up making it worse by implementing the vast point differences
    I gave you my in game name and said lets go in battlegrounds. You chickend out. Dont pretend to be a big shot
    Calling anyone a "chicken" is crazy considering how hard you were whining in this post. "tHe sCoReS kEeP oN iNcReAsInG" and "lOw TiEr pLaYeRs kEeP gEtTinG aBuSeD!!!"

Not interested in defending someone that uses "you chickened out" unironically but bringing genuine issues to light is NOT whining
  • Asim38Asim38 Member Posts: 152 ★★

Smetira said:

Smetira said:

Have in mind:

How does it hurt you?

I guess I am looking at a different picture, cause as of right now my belief is that we need every farmer to farm as much as they can, every grinder to grind as much as thet can. Every low progression to keep on trying even if they lose 50 matches in a row
    Its kind of funny; because I am know to be one of the first people to say "maybe its not the game mode for you" "git gud" "skill issue" "stop playing pvp, grow your roster"... And here I am advocating for them now, of course its for my own gain though.
    Don't be blinded by the "majority"... I think i read somewhere that the deathless vision season was the highst turn up? 30k people give or take?...How much do you think those 30k ish people will have to score on the realm event to make a significant impact? 5k is wayyyyy too little.
    I agree with you on all of this and the points you have been making in this thread. Even with the changes to the event, there is no way we reach 1.5B or even 1B. I doubt we even reach the 450M mark. I don't think the 5k contribution is too little. Even with the 700 available through bi-daily objectives, 5k is a massive grind. I think the point thresholds for the milestones are way too high. Its like dangling a carrot that you will never reach.

Lets also keep in mind that its not a matter of just how many active players are there in the game. The game mode has lost its charm over the years. You have those that love the competitive nature of the game that have finished everything else in the game and they will play BGs for hours everyday (the top of the ladder). You have those that just want to make it to GC (me), those that are striving to make it to higher levels in hope of one day making it to GC, those that are just getting bi-daily objectives, and those that are new to the game mode. The remainder have been disheartened or burnt out of the grind or got sick of cheaters/hackers, match making, bugs, etc. The last bit has been improved upon but as the business rule goes, it costs more to bring in a new customer than to keep an existing one. Just like that its hard to bring back those that have left the game mode over the past 2 years.

IMO the milestone thresholds need to be toned down significantly or this even will result in upset player base. I really hope I am wrong and Kabam did the math based on new points system because they have the data. Realm events sound fun. But if this event fails like the crystal opening test realm event looks to be failing, realm events won't be something looked forward to.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    I can see this event highlighting one of the problems I see with the current BG structure.

I think most of us agree the current structure usually results in lower level accounts hitting a peak and then running into a wall. You can luck into a few wins to bump up a VT bracket or two and then get hopeless matches for most of the rest of the season. That’s been accepted by most people.

Now you’re asking those players to keep grinding for hours of mostly losing for this event. I don’t think that’s going to happen. I don’t think lower level accounts hit a level of a 50/50 win/loss, I think they hit a level for 20/80 win/loss and get dejected and give up for the season. Getting them to keep burning elder marks for the greater good seems like a big ask.

I’d be curious what the average win/loss ratio is for the last 10 or 15 matches for all accounts still in the upper tiers of VT at the end of the season.

I don’t know what the answer is. It’s a competitive mode and matchmaking is hard. I think there needs to be something between friendlies and the VT/GC paths for more casual play with a better chance at 50/50 win/loss experience. Maybe something that doesn’t reward much or any points for solo/alliance events but still lets you get solo objectives and still play for fun.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,368 ★★★★★
    ege999men said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Not interested in defending someone that uses "you chickened out" unironically but bringing genuine issues to light is NOT whining
    Which is what was originally assumed as the point of the thread until they later backtracked and tried saying they weren't 1 of the low tier players being abused and then just started ranting on solo ranked rewards.

And even when Crashed addressed the post and said they would monitor the farming more closely during Anniversary they still continued bickering on the thread.

The sad part is it got to a point where they even confessed to making reports on their alliance members that were farming to Kabam secretly and theyre in one of those BGs alliances that have a chain of different allies known as "Battlesquads" so I'd imagine there would've been a ton of emails/screenshots sent over lol. Hell, he's probably a large part of the reason they changed the amount of points that VT and GC give alone.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 797 ★★★★
    edited September 25
    Edit - Wrong thread