New "Real Event" BG season 22

BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
I really don't like this one.
For some reason I have no faith in the community on an event like this.
The GC vs VT point gain difference makes it even worse.

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

How so? The rewards are locked behind individual point requirements.

The 5k min covers way too much
    It should have kept going to push people to get more.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Member Posts: 897 ★★★★
    Everyone who wants 7* deathless she hulk has to complete victory track this season, so at least people will be motivated unlike the crystal event
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★

The milestone requirements definitely feel pretty steep. To get 5000 points you’d need 39 wins with elders marks in gc, and obviously it’ll be a lot more than that due to having to play in vt or if you use energy for some matches. I don’t even play 40 matches in a full season, let alone in gc, and that’s assuming they’re all wins, so im also pretty skeptical of us hitting all the milestones.

From an absolute minimum perspective it’s a big change. Standard seasons it takes 134 losses with Elder Marks to hit the top 300,000 score. For “special seasons” it takes 178 losses to hit the top 400,000 points required. This season it’s 218.

Obviously you’ll win some matches as that’s the bare minimum required. Rewards appear to be better than the past special seasons so take that into consideration.
    Yea it’s not like it’s unachievable but it’s a substantial increase. If you were to win every match using marks to get to 300k solo points would take 45 matches. This season reaching 5000 will take 62. It’s 40 total gc matches but none of us start there, so it ends up being 62 when you take that into account. But obviously almost nobody will end up with a 100% winrate or a 0% winrate, so im guessing on average it’ll take 90-100 matches to reach 5000 for someone who can hit gc fairly easily. Still feels like a lot to me.
  • RiryokuRiryoku Member Posts: 46
    Hey, at least the whales are going to carry the event trying to get the Bastion title. I want to believe that because otherwise, I doubt we'll hit all the milestones.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    Dan__4 said:

I had full intentions of pushing very high this season but now after seeing this I could care less. And will probably only use energy. So disappointed

Well that's great. If you could care less then that means this isn't so bad
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

I might be wrong; but the thought of a Real Event was for everyone to push towards a goal.
    With the point difference in VT and GC, a huge chunk of the player base is starting and participating in this event with a hand tied behind their backs.
    We have asked for an incentive to play in GC, clearly they misunderstood our request.

Yeah i think the vast point difference in VT and GC is actually doing more harm than good.

Then again, i can see why they did it as certain uncollected /TB players like @MorningstarIsBae kept crying and spamming threads here that they were facing larger accounts in the Victory Track.

I assume this was meant to incentive people to push into the Gladiator Circuit asap so as to prevent farming. Even though farming wasnt an issue to begin with as certain players just chose to push later on in the season and since it costed twice the energy it did before to even sustain it.

But now with the vast difference in points in GC and VT , i can just see people farming in low tier GC.

In short, they tried to discourage farming, but ended up making it worse by implementing the vast point differences
    Somehow they managed to drop the value of EDs owned by lower progression players. Same price to buy, but worth a lot less..
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    @KabamDORK can we clarify whether a match that’s won will award points for both winning and completing? I know it’s not typically that way but figuring out what this entails is…a lot.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 856 ★★★
    Looks like the alt gonna be stacked now💀💀
  • WoodsjrWoodsjr Member Posts: 64
    edited September 24
    Being in one of the top allys in terms of bgs this upcoming season isn't it. But, it does give everyone a chance at ok rewards.