Global Chat Regulation & Monitoring

2»

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,226 ★★★★★
    edited September 30
    obsidiman said:

One more point I'll make to you @Nemesis_17 (and by all means, you do you. You like global chat? Have a blast!).

Global chat keeps me tethered to my phone and the game more than an external app. If someone is trying to get in touch with me in global, I have to be in game at that point in time to see it. Unless of course you yourself have a magical notification system to alert you to global chats. External apps allow me to access, read, and respond to communications at my leasure without the message disappearing. I don't have to constantly be in game hoping for something great to read in global chat. I like the game and enjoy playing but I've got other things going where I can't be on my phone and in game the 16 hours I'm awake each day. Global chat just isn't worth that.

Hey that’s fine, if global personally kept you online too long then turning off global may have been the right move. Sometimes it’s easier to just get out completely rather than try to minimize time spent, that will depend on the person. But OP clearly stated that he doesn’t want to miss out on certain things from global, so blocking is a more appropriate solution for him.

I dont see why you’d have to sit and wait for an answer though. Having to be online in mcoc is no issue because you can’t access global without being online. That’s only the case if someone asks a question and leaves immediately instead waiting a minute or two for an answer, but at that point it’s on them. It usually takes a couple minutes at most to get an answer. Time is not an issue unless you allow it to be by willingly spending too much time there.
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 214
    Bro if you don't want to turn global off just "B-L-O-C-K" big word sound it out
    Also finally a perfect use for this
    meme
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,383 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

Global is a sewer, best case scenario you will find a huge rat who controls a bunch of turtles.

Do these turtles you mention enjoy pizza?
    Probably and they are ninjas as well. Not nice, good, ones though
    Off topic but "SESAC" blocked a bunch of music
  • UNISOL_22UNISOL_22 Member Posts: 18
    Indonesia hacked prof hoff 👻
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    edited October 1

Terra said:

Simple solution exists already.

Turn. Global. Off.

What part about global is so necessary to you that you need it?

Is it nowadays a mainstream and a normal behavior to turn off a function which is part of the game
    instead of fixing it or implementing monitoring ?
    For your own sanity, yes. Just turn it off. 🚫

For 1: Global is not at all relevant for game progression. It's a cesspool of abuse and toxic behavior, and is overrun by mentally deficient basement dwellers. Many use global to say what they can't say and get away with in the forums. It's useless. We've all been there before. We're speaking from experience, so we know what we're talking about.

2: You can get whatever help you need from here, in social media groups, or from your alliance if/when you have one.

I agree that Kabam needs to step up and take serious action against the same toxic, sexist, homo "phobic", and racist behavior that's not allowed in the forums, since global chat is a platform of the game. We've brought these complaints to Kabam's attention before, but here we are still in the dark about what steps, if any, they'll be taking to manage that.

So the best thing for you to do right now is turn it off.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,382 ★★★★
    I've met so many people in global. Awesomep12 is a prime example. "tuRn Of gLObaL" isnt the answer lmao
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,486 ★★★★

Terra said:

Turn. Global. Off.

Is it nowadays a mainstream and a normal behavior to turn off a function which is part of the game
    Yes, it is a mainstream behaviour.

How do you think kabam can fix global? They already tried to censor swear words but still people find ways to get around them. Ban people? They don't have time to ban 1000 people a day. Just turn off if you can't handle the stress
    On the contrary . They have more than enough time to ban 1000 people a day . You do know that this is a professional gaming company and not some two person operation from a garage right ? They can literally just get a pair of interns whose job it is to monitor global chat and ban bigots and trolls . It’s extremely easy . The reason they don’t is becuse a lot of these bigots are paying customers and they can’t come down too hard on them
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,578 ★★★★★
    edited October 1
    JessieS said:

Terra said:

Turn. Global. Off.

Yes, it is a mainstream behaviour.

How do you think kabam can fix global? They already tried to censor swear words but still people find ways to get around them. Ban people? They don't have time to ban 1000 people a day. Just turn off if you can't handle the stress
    On the contrary . They have more than enough time to ban 1000 people a day . You do know that this is a professional gaming company and not some two person operation from a garage right ? They can literally just get a pair of interns whose job it is to monitor global chat and ban bigots and trolls . It’s extremely easy . The reason they don’t is becuse a lot of these bigots are paying customers and they can’t come down too hard on them
    So you are knowingly playing a game financially supported by bigots. You are completely aware of this and yet you play... Says a lot about your "moral high ground"
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,382 ★★★★
    I'd be glad to get paid to ban people on global on weekends and evenings if you are hiring, kabam

I'd be glad to get paid to ban people on global on weekends and evenings if you are hiring, kabam

Lmfao
  • Nacho98Nacho98 Member Posts: 259 ★★★
    Jesus you’re soft
    edited October 1
    Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

Hello new alliance family mate. They're not soft. They're new to the game and are seeing some concerning, intolerable things that should not be allowed. Let's not label them soft for speaking up about it.

MCOC Content creators confronted the toxic behavior they received in response to some difficult content they created.

Are they soft? No they're not. They set boundaries for intolerable, unchecked behavior.
  • Justcause102Justcause102 Member Posts: 141
    Mcoc forums and global chat are equally toxic. 
    Some people can't tell the difference between a joke and something serious
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

I mean, OP is right. Actually stuff like this cannot be tolerated. But nowadays it is so normalised that we consider the ones who can't tolerate this (Normal ones) as soft.

They aren't soft, we are just too hard.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,226 ★★★★★

Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

“When times are hard, you must be harder.” -A wise man
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,295 ★★★★★

Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

we are just too hard.

ahmynuts said:

Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

we are just too hard.

No ☠️

Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

I mean, OP is right. Actually stuff like this cannot be tolerated. But nowadays it is so normalised that we consider the ones who can't tolerate this (Normal ones) as soft.

Poor choice of wording 💀

Nacho98 said:

Jesus you’re soft

Poor choice of wording 💀
    Y'all are dirty 😭