Stop removing effects without an explanation

CandyCane2CandyCane2 Member Posts: 85
edited October 15 in General Discussion
Anyone remember when photons sp2 looked like she actually shot out glowing lazers from her hands? Now it is completely gone and you can see very little of the lasers. It’s almost like there invisible but not quite.

I know it’s a small change but I’m worried that kabam might do this to other champs without an explanation on why. I’m using IOS iPhone 11. It could be for a number of reasons but at least provide an explanation on why cause they were cool effects for photon.

Sp2 before:

Sp2 Now:

Comments

• CandyCane2CandyCane2 Member Posts: 85
    Pikolu said:

Going to tell you that is a device issue, not a kabam issue. Your device isn't showing some of the VFX for whatever reason, probably processing reasons.

I'm on an S23+ and took these 2 minutes ago

Yeah but kabam inputs different effects between IOS and android devices. Multiple people I talk with say that they have android and don’t get the ghost phasing animation. And nothing changed with my phone. I remember very well she had those cool animations so idk.
    NüΚΞ said:

I actually think he is right… photon on offense has the effects. Photon on defense does not have the laser pew pews

Makes you think they took out the effects to help with device problems and stuff, but appears to be a visual bug considering the effects only show when playing with photon but not when fighting her.
    So I guess I was both right and wrong. She only gets real lasers on her sp2 when playing as her, but doesn’t get lasers on her sp2 when fighting her.

The remove of the effect is unknown. Though, I’m sure there is a good reason for it, unless it’s a visual bug that needs to be fixed.
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 258 ★★★

So I guess I was both right and wrong. She only gets real lasers on her sp2 when playing as her, but doesn’t get lasers on her sp2 when fighting her.

The remove of the effect is unknown. Though, I’m sure there is a good reason for it, unless it’s a visual bug that needs to be fixed.

I would say visual bug? But who knows light works in mysterious ways. Maybe it’s a Kabam nod to quantum physics and the conundrum of light as both particles and waves.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,591 Guardian

Others have been reporting missing beams for several champs over the last several months now. Cyclops, Ultron I think, and/or Ironman, and such.

The offense vs defense is an interesting observation, but before it is claimed for sure that it is ALL of Android or iOS, you'd have to see whether NOBODY on any phone models are seeing the beams anymore or not.
    Or whether it is indeed as suspected for many months, that SOME devices are just not getting the beams anymore.

Saying a device has not changed really doesn’t dictate that things should continue to work on it forever, as the game files, resources, memory needed, etc, keeps going up and up. And perhaps they have caused some effects to be scaled back on some devices in order to keep the game as a whole continued to operate on it.

Others have been reporting missing beams for several champs over the last several months now. Cyclops, Ultron I think, and/or Ironman, and such.

The offense vs defense is an interesting observation, but before it is claimed for sure that it is ALL of Android or iOS, you'd have to see whether NOBODY on any phone models are seeing the beams anymore or not.
    Or whether it is indeed as suspected for many months, that SOME devices are just not getting the beams anymore.

Saying a device has not changed really doesn’t dictate that things should continue to work on it forever, as the game files, resources, memory needed, etc, keeps going up and up. And perhaps they have caused some effects to be scaled back on some devices in order to keep the game as a whole continued to operate on it.
    Definitely don’t disagree with you here. I’m also interested in seeing how 60 fps is going to work. Does anyone know if kabam will put out a list of devices that will support 60 fps for the game? It would make sense to release a list a week before the November update.

Usually a 60hz or higher phone would be capable of supporting 60 fps for the game, right?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,610 Guardian
    NüΚΞ said:

I actually think he is right… photon on offense has the effects. Photon on defense does not have the laser pew pews

That's interesting, I get the same on my device. Thanks for the heads up. I'll report this to kabam so they know
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    I don't have this issue on my Samsung A23, but I do understand that MCOC textures render differently on IOS and Android devices. For example, I can see Ghost's victory animation phasing effect clearly on an iPad, but it doesn't render on my Samsung
  • The_Doctor_24_1The_Doctor_24_1 Member Posts: 111
    I mean, he's not wrong about the removed/altered effects. Maybe not Photon in particular, but I'm pretty sure Spiderman 2099 block animation used to have a skull in it, Spiderham sp3 wasn't super bright and Doom used to have more details on his sp3
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,389 ★★★★★
    Yall look at glowing beams or hand?
    I thought it's now just instinct to dex back during appropriate timings.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited October 15
    I’m on an iPhone 13 Pro and have similar effects when attacking or defending.

I mean, he's not wrong about the removed/altered effects. Maybe not Photon in particular, but I'm pretty sure Spiderman 2099 block animation used to have a skull in it, Spiderham sp3 wasn't super bright and Doom used to have more details on his sp3

Definitely have noticed the removed effects from dooms sp3. Maybe they will add them back when 60 fps comes out
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Going to tell you that is a device issue, not a kabam issue. Your device isn't showing some of the VFX for whatever reason, probably processing reasons.

I'm on an S23+ and took these 2 minutes ago

Yeah but kabam inputs different effects between IOS and android devices. Multiple people I talk with say that they have android and don’t get the ghost phasing animation. And nothing changed with my phone. I remember very well she had those cool animations so idk.
    It's not generally a difference between iOS and Android. It's a difference between the phones performance capabilities. Apple generally has consistent chipsets across its devices where Android devices have a extremely wide variety of capabilities. Android has more affordable lower end phones which is why you see them more often.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    It's not an issue with just Photon. Same thing happened to me with Shuri's sp2 in BGs today. I tried to recreate it in order to get a screenshot, but it didn't happen again
    Yeah I’m on a iPhone 15 pro max. And I don’t have photon beams when she is on D
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,389 ★★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

Time to look for refund because someone above have 13pro but his beams are showing. 🤣
    PT_99 said:

NüΚΞ said:

Time to look for refund because someone above have 13pro but his beams are showing. 🤣
    😐🙁☹️😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    edited October 15
    PT_99 said:

NüΚΞ said:

Kabam is very uninterested in telling us why some effects don’t show on some devices. Hopefully 60 fps is gonna answer some of these questions. I know fps is different than graphics and everything but yeah.

I want to play on a device with full effects and full graphics turned on. I’m still trying to find a good gaming phone for it. I have my eyes set on the Moto X40, but people told me kabam doesn’t input some effects on android phones and usually put way more effects on IOS phones unfortunately.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,728 ★★★★★
    Her L2 beams were invisible during her SoS fight. This isn’t a new thing

Her L2 beams were invisible during her SoS fight. This isn’t a new thing

Yet they are visible on her SP2 when playing as her. I think it’s a just a small visual bug but don’t know how it even happened.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,959 ★★★★★
    This has been happening since the very first VFX issue with G99 being bright red and so on... Sometimes they show sometimes they dont.. one update is fine.. the next it looks like a 8 bit game...

This has been happening since the very first VFX issue with G99 being bright red and so on... Sometimes they show sometimes they dont.. one update is fine.. the next it looks like a 8 bit game...

Can’t wait to see how 60 fps will look like in November

This issues can be related already.

This issues can be related already.
    I know, but I’m looking forward to seeing how 60 fps will look like and how strong the performance will be. I’m sure they will be a lot new bugs that come with it but that isn’t a surprise for anyone.
    Its like when you switch from full HD to 4k TV.. you will be amazed first.. tell all your friends about how crisp it looks... Enjoy a few football games looking at the players pores on close ups, then it will become natural and you'll forget about it...

Its like when you switch from full HD to 4k TV.. you will be amazed first.. tell all your friends about how crisp it looks... Enjoy a few football games looking at the players pores on close ups, then it will become natural and you'll forget about it...

If only I had friends 😢