Stop removing effects without an explanation

2»

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,959 ★★★★★

Its like when you switch from full HD to 4k TV.. you will be amazed first.. tell all your friends about how crisp it looks... Enjoy a few football games looking at the players pores on close ups, then it will become natural and you'll forget about it...

If only I had friends 😢
    You can tell me about beams... I feel charitable today
  • BigBlueMadness11BigBlueMadness11 Member Posts: 9
    Magneto has basically had his sp1 be invisible for months.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★

I’m on an iPhone 13 Pro and have similar effects when attacking or defending.

iOS devices are the chosen ones. Kinda. They get all the graphic effects + environmental effects whether the devices can really handle them anymore or not.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,401 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Going to tell you that is a device issue, not a kabam issue. Your device isn't showing some of the VFX for whatever reason, probably processing reasons.

I'm on an S23+ and took these 2 minutes ago

Yeah but kabam inputs different effects between IOS and android devices. Multiple people I talk with say that they have android and don’t get the ghost phasing animation. And nothing changed with my phone. I remember very well she had those cool animations so idk.
    It's not generally a difference between iOS and Android. It's a difference between the phones performance capabilities. Apple generally has consistent chipsets across its devices where Android devices have a extremely wide variety of capabilities. Android has more affordable lower end phones which is why you see them more often.
    That used to be the case forever ago back in the Wild West days of phone chipsets and games being hand tuned for the one iPhone screen size. That's not the case anymore, and it's just an excuse now for games like this. Apple and Android both have a bazillion different devices with different CPUs, processor configurations, perf vs efficiency core counts, GPUs, screen sizes, RAM, etc., etc. If the dev tools are defaulted to iOS-leaning configurations and need to be adjusted for parity on similarly performing Android, or if the developers have a clear preference and prefer to port to Android and close enough is good enough to ship, then we see clear differences.

If performance capabilities were the difference, then an old iPad wouldn't have all the effects from day one even though it chugs whereas an Android flagship with an overclocked version of the latest Snapdragon has less effects, then it gets most of the effects back, then they're gone again.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,591 Guardian
    Years ago, when I upgraded to a slightly newer iPad (an earlier iPad model, to slightly newer iPad model, which is also by now probably toward end of game life too).

But back then, all of a sudden I noticed a whole bunch of new effects I had never seen before on the older iPad.

In particular I remember AntMan suddenly having some great new SP 1/2 effects.

And it was NOT something that happened with that exact new Monthly Update (I was playing on both, saw them on new one, but not on old one).