Current state of the game. Does MCOC have a future?

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

If you're going to to say "In conclusion", your (whatever this is) point should stop there. You don't continue on with an entirely new topic and paragraph.

"The things we moan about constantly shouldn't even happen, all the issues we bring up and how to fix it are all logical"

What are you talking about? Rewards? AI? Something else?

If you mean rewards, there's reasons why all rewards aren't immediately increased to having the most rarest materials available immediately. This slow growth protects the longevity of the game. It gives something for end gamers to chase in places like Everest content or placing high in BGs.

You're obviously a smart person and could probably run Kabam Studios better. Which mobile game do you currently run and have kept running for 10 years?

If its a growth concern then why are the rarest materials you speak of always available for purchase? Are you slow or something or do you just parade as a moron for a living.

Also just because the games been running for 10 years doesn't mean it's a good game, FIFA has been running for 30+ years and it's one of the most awful games to play. Games like these survive because of microtransactions and because people have gambling addictions. Not because it's a good game.
    Because they know, from the games history, that the amount of people who pay for overpriced offers when new materials are released are just a handful. The player base were not all running to buy small amounts of T4A when it was released.

You are not the first person to make these "state of the game posts". You won't be the last. You haven't had some great revelation that other people haven't. In fact, you are basically just a cookie cutter poster that is exactly like the others, just change the topic of the post. We saw these when 7*'s were introduced, we saw these when the layoffs happened, when there was a lack of content, when the servers were having issues, when the studio was bought by netmarble, when MROC shut down, when Marvel Future Revolution shut down, etc..

The game is still enjoyable and still has a strong following. The people who keep the game alive are the small spenders and F2P. for the most part. Big spenders aren't the sole reason this game still exists. There aren't many games like this that have lasted this long. FIFA and MCOC are not the same. FIFA is probably kept alive by EA because of the revenue from Madden.

There's always something crazy happening with the game that makes some people question the longevity of it. The game is still here but those people aren't.
    You are right that FIFA and MCOC are not the same. The reddit sub for one of the game modes for FIFA is as big or bigger than the MCOC player base (1m+ subs). As awful as FIFA gameplay is, it is one of the most recognized and enduring games in the world.

For someone who expects millions of datapoints from anyone raising a legitimate issue in game (and using that crutch to troll them), you are quite comfortable making up facts which could have been checked with a simple google search.
    You're not wrong. I should have checked the FIFA thing. But I don't expect millions of data points and I don't stop people from raising legitimate issues. AI is a legitimate issue and it's been raised and the team is aware. We have confirmation that they are working on it and they've heard us.

Also I didn't make anything up, just FYI. I said "probably" as in I am not sure. I don't play either game. I used to play madden but quit a long time ago. I will make sure to have better context next time.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,959 ★★★★★
    edited October 16

The game isn't shutting down anytime soon. At least not from their perspective. Any game has ups and downs. Very few have lasted for 10 years or more.

Eh... If the projection or hope was 10... Cut it in half... The will of low and mid spenders to keep on spending is getting close to none, at least on my own personal experience... You can't depend just on whales...
    I'm switched from being a heavy spender to around 20 a month... Pretty sure there is a lot of people in the same boat I am... To think 10 years at this rate seems a bit fat fetched.
    If they fix the issues and make the game fun again... Total different story.
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 291 ★★★
    I mean I still have plenty of fun with the game. I've become less interested in most monthly content though, but I feel like there's a pretty good cadence of stuff to do even without that.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    Chat GPT summary:

The text criticizes the video game developer Kabam and their game. Key points of criticism include:

1. Faulty AI design: The AI in the game is described as frustrating because it performs unfair actions, which are not due to the player’s skill but to deliberate programming. This has been an issue for three years, yet Kabam does not fix it, while errors that cost them money are quickly resolved.
    2. Poor reward system: The rewards in various game modes are deemed insufficient and unfair, especially for higher-tier players. It is highlighted that players who spend real money have a clear advantage.
    3. Boredom and irrelevance of the AQ mode: The Alliance Quest (AQ) mode is outdated, boring, and should be replaced by RAID fights, which are shorter and more rewarding.
    4. General player dissatisfaction: Kabam is accused of not caring about the player experience and instead focusing on microtransactions, similar to other large game developers, which could lead to a loss of players in the long term.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,610 Guardian

Chat GPT summary:

The text criticizes the video game developer Kabam and their game. Key points of criticism include:

1. Faulty AI design: The AI in the game is described as frustrating because it performs unfair actions, which are not due to the player’s skill but to deliberate programming. This has been an issue for three years, yet Kabam does not fix it, while errors that cost them money are quickly resolved.
    2. Poor reward system: The rewards in various game modes are deemed insufficient and unfair, especially for higher-tier players. It is highlighted that players who spend real money have a clear advantage.
    3. Boredom and irrelevance of the AQ mode: The Alliance Quest (AQ) mode is outdated, boring, and should be replaced by RAID fights, which are shorter and more rewarding.
    4. General player dissatisfaction: Kabam is accused of not caring about the player experience and instead focusing on microtransactions, similar to other large game developers, which could lead to a loss of players in the long term.

I think we need a ChatGPT summary of the ChatGPT summary
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★

What is Baby Inc?

Don't use that word
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Chat GPT summary:

I think we need a ChatGPT summary of the ChatGPT summary
    Tl/dr: Kabam is a selfish, carless, greedy company, according to ChatGPT
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,330 ★★★★★
    If I had a nickel for every "listen me that mcoc won't survive after this year" type post

🤑🤑
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,544 ★★★★★

If I had a nickel for every "listen me that mcoc won't survive after this year" type post

🤑🤑

Literally. Longest death in history.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,353 ★★★
    Steam97 said:

The only thing that can kill this game in the near future is bad AI, if the actual gameplay isn't anymore enjoyable then people, me for example, would stop playing this game. This is a fighting game and has to be fun fighting, if this game keeps having AI problems and the situation worsens then many will quit

There are way more things that could actually cause the game to die than ai. People complain about the monetisation but I guarantee in the grand scale of mobile game microtransactions mcoc is one of the most ftp friendly games of its size on the market
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,603 Guardian

In conclusion I am just going to say something that every single player should know by now already. Kabam do not care about players quality of game experience.

Yeah, we've known that for the last ten years. Tell us something we don't know. And yet people keep playing, keep spending, in fact keep joining and returning to the game.

You are just one in a very long line of players who have predicted the demise of the game. And it has always come on the back of a laundry list of "fatal" problems of the game. This game has survived so many fatal problems in the last ten years it should have -pool added to its name.

The truth of the matter is Kabam does care about the player experience, which is why it has outlasted nearly all of its competition. Years ago, people said MCOC only survives because it is a Marvel game. Back when there were lots of other Marvel games that appear to have not survived being Marvel games. People have said MCOC has a broken game economy, even though that broken game economy has managed to extend its progression and content far longer than most similar games. People said MCOC's monetization is stupid, and yet it is still one of the most profitable games in Netmarble's portfolio. And of course people have been complaining about how stingy the rewards in the game have been since they were complaining about the availability of T4 class catalysts back in the 1700s.

You are just the next, and you won't be the last. Ten years from now, there will be someone else complaining about who knows what at that point, and predicting the demise of the game. Maybe, if you're lucky, you might be remembered as the one from ten years ago. But probably not. My memory of who was complaining about T4CC is very hazy at this point.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,181 ★★★
    edited October 16

That’s a lot of words.

Too bad I ain't readin' em
  • RapRap Member Posts: 3,227 ★★★★
    Mmmmmm! Smells like team spirit in here! Hey guys let's all do something cooperatively huh? LOL
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 987 ★★★★
    We get this “game has no future” post once a month lmao game will be fine