Battle Grounds is ridiculous

PatientZeroPatientZero Member Posts: 28
edited October 19 in General Discussion
I've been fighting my way to to achieve enough points to be eligible for the top tier community event rewards. I have found several issues with this. First, there are people purposely losing just not to advance and stay at the lower tiers for points. Not realizing this at first, I grinded for days to get points. Next, I have had several fights where it's over and neither my defender nor their attacker lost anything, granting a guaranteed 15,000. They pause the game in order to average points. So, now that I made it to a higher tier, it's absolutely stupid. My highest champions are the ones I invested in, 23,000 or so. The rest are like 15k and lower. I am consistently being matched up against Legend or others with awakened 7 star rank 3 champs. When the lowest champion I'm fighting is 33,000, it gets to a point that I'm just done with it. Why isn't their any matchmaking ability that keeps the playing field fair? Why not a way to match players by their highest ranked player in the roster or limit what the opponent can select. With the sheer unfairness of the event, I don't even want to play anymore. I think the only way to get points is to cheat. Purposely lose, stay way low so you stay in the lower brackets and just pause every game so you average 15000. Unless I'm extremely lucky, I'll never win against people dropping a buffed up 78,000 Serpent against my 14,300 Havoc. Maybe I'm wrong, but my latest discussions seems like most are in agreement with me. I should not be matched up against the whales.

Comments

• PatientZeroPatientZero Member Posts: 28
    Just to clarify. I've been on this game for several years. I completely agree to grind and build your roster. This is how I got to Thronebreaker and building a stronger roster to get further. My single observation is in Battle Grounds. Everyone currently at my level should be pitted against each other. For example, in Alan's war, it's not going to put my alliance against a top tier alliance. That would be fair. That was my only complaint here. Every other aspect of the game is spot on, but they seem to get out of hand in BG. I appreciate everyone's feedback and I do agree with you for the majority of the game. Thank you.
    To this..
    If they only pinned players against accounts their size, then smaller accounts would have an easier road than larger accounts - that would not be fair

I agree, but if someone at my tier is able to make it to Diamond 2, I think the first option should be others that were able to grind their way to that tier.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,619 ★★★★★

To this..
    If they only pinned players against accounts their size, then smaller accounts would have an easier road than larger accounts - that would not be fair

I agree, but if someone at my tier is able to make it to Diamond 2, I think the first option should be others that were able to grind their way to that tier.

There's nothing to say that bigger accounts didn't grind their way too.

When you queue for a match, you queue with the available players in your tier who also queue at the same time or with 10-15 seconds (the typical time it takes to find a match in VT). You're matched with the first available player in your tier (or closest tier if there aren't many on). Unless you coordinate with those similar accounts in same tier somehow, there's no way to guarantee any of them are even online at the same time. So your options are to take the first match you get, wait significantly longer for a match, or get no match at all.
    And before you think about finding accounts to coordinate matchmaking with, let's all remember how poorly that went for the now permabanned accounts that worked their way up the GC with that tactic.
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 185
    On the contrary I am trying to move up VT but I rarely meet a player who loses purposely. Without shame I really don’t mind if I’m matched more with such players so that it makes my climb easier

To this..

There's nothing to say that bigger accounts didn't grind their way too.

When you queue for a match, you queue with the available players in your tier who also queue at the same time or with 10-15 seconds (the typical time it takes to find a match in VT). You're matched with the first available player in your tier (or closest tier if there aren't many on). Unless you coordinate with those similar accounts in same tier somehow, there's no way to guarantee any of them are even online at the same time. So your options are to take the first match you get, wait significantly longer for a match, or get no match at all.
    And before you think about finding accounts to coordinate matchmaking with, let's all remember how poorly that went for the now permabanned accounts that worked their way up the GC with that tactic.
    I appreciate this comment. It kind of puts the aggravation into perspective. So many just want to offer nothing, and instead just say something like, "be better." This comment does make perfect sense and I guess during my moment of irritation,I didn't take that in to consideration. I'm up to Diamond 1, and think this is where I'm going to top out. Gonna keep trying though.
    Cretzu said:

Just to clarify. I've been on this game for several years. I completely agree to grind and build your roster. This is how I got to Thronebreaker and building a stronger roster to get further. My single observation is in Battle Grounds. Everyone currently at my level should be pitted against each other. For example, in Alan's war, it's not going to put my alliance against a top tier alliance. That would be fair. That was my only complaint here. Every other aspect of the game is spot on, but they seem to get out of hand in BG. I appreciate everyone's feedback and I do agree with you for the majority of the game. Thank you.

In Alliance war you won’t be matched vs top alliances but also your rewards are less. In Battleground, the rewards are all the same. Why should someone with a small account be able to get the same rewards than the players with massive accounts who have grinded for years and spend money to advance their accounts, would that be fair to them?

Are you expecting to get to celestial just playing against small accounts with similar ratings? Doesn’t make sense.

True. The rewards are all the same. And it does make sense, the higher I get the more likely I'm going to go up against players that are stronger than I am. So, there seems to be a method to the madness.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 410 ★★
    Maat1985 said:

Grind an build your roster....what a joke. Annoying comment. I grind an grind only to keep pulling the same low tier champs that are no use to me. Titan after titan an no newer champs. Doesnt make me want to keep grinding or even keep playing. Just makes me disgusted an not want to play.

its ok to feel that way but it is just simply the nature of the game
    This is the way I see it as well. And for this event it’s almost purely milestone based. Bear through it like the rest of us and get rid of those elders marks
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 573 ★★★

Cretzu said:

In Alliance war you won’t be matched vs top alliances but also your rewards are less. In Battleground, the rewards are all the same. Why should someone with a small account be able to get the same rewards than the players with massive accounts who have grinded for years and spend money to advance their accounts, would that be fair to them?

Are you expecting to get to celestial just playing against small accounts with similar ratings? Doesn’t make sense.

True. The rewards are all the same. And it does make sense, the higher I get the more likely I'm going to go up against players that are stronger than I am. So, there seems to be a method to the madness.
    SOME people don't seem to understand that pushing us mid-tier players to the higher tiers is NOT helpful to us at all. They keep arguing that they are helping us by letting us win and advance to levels that are beyond our roster or ability. Blaming us for not appreciating them when THEY are being selfish.

So you would prefer that the stronger accounts kick your &$@ and keep you stuck in the same low tier? You realize that the majority of the worthwhile BG rewards come from processing into higher and higher tiers?

The whole obsession about people intentionally losing just doesn’t make sense to me. In VT, you get two medals for a win and you lose one medal when you are defeated. So for a big account to tread water and avoid moving up, they are losing a lot more often than winning. In aggregate, that seems like a benefit to weaker players rather than something that hurts them.
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 191
    edited October 23

Cretzu said:

SOME people don't seem to understand that pushing us mid-tier players to the higher tiers is NOT helpful to us at all. They keep arguing that they are helping us by letting us win and advance to levels that are beyond our roster or ability. Blaming us for not appreciating them when THEY are being selfish.

So you would prefer that the stronger accounts kick your &$@ and keep you stuck in the same low tier? You realize that the majority of the worthwhile BG rewards come from processing into higher and higher tiers?

The whole obsession about people intentionally losing just doesn’t make sense to me. In VT, you get two medals for a win and you lose one medal when you are defeated. So for a big account to tread water and avoid moving up, they are losing a lot more often than winning. In aggregate, that seems like a benefit to weaker players rather than something that hurts them.
    YUP... You intentionally losing to my small account is NOT helpful to me.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    “I think we should have an incentive structure that tells players to NOT rank up their champs”

Ummm ok scooter.
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 148 ★★

There should be something like weight classes. Then, at the end of the season, something along the lines of a tourney between all classes on a level playing field. All classes have to use 4 stars or something.

Because there’s no skill required in a match-up where one player has a 35,000 PI playing a 48,000 PI, while the other player has to fight a 70,000 PI with their R4 18,000 PI.

Because I play these “Legends.” They’ll win match-ups with 45% health after 69 seconds with their 35,000 PI P2P rosters. They purchased every advantage, been on here for years, yet still can’t play!

Meanwhile, I’m at 18,000 fighting a 70,000 PI, and barring the perfect match-up, there’s no way I can even defeat the opponent in 120 seconds.

The math doesn’t math.

the problem is.... why should you get the same rewards as everyone else, when youre not on the level as everyone else. this is a roster building game first and foremost, and a fighting game second. the problem when making everyone using 4* champs is that it makes all a persons hard work to get ahead roster wise pointless.

sure, then it would just be "skill" based, disregarding the rng in drafts, but then people would be losing out on a core part of why they even play the game. if I cant use my 7r3 massacre in bgs, why did i even bother doing a bunch of hard challenges and using rare rank up materials, on a champ i cant even make use of.

if u have a solution that takes that into consideration, im sure kabam is all ears
  • England73738England73738 Member Posts: 56
    I know the Original Poster has been getting some pelters for his opinion but I agree with him. There should be a secondary matchmaking part which determines the overall rating for the person's battle deck, and matches that person with someone within approvimately 10k of that value. I am in Silver IV. My top champ is 12k rated and my bottom champ is around 2k rated. I have just finished a BG match where my opponents top champ was 34k rated and his bottom champ was 23k rated. Obviously he must have also been in Silver IV but how am I meant to tackle that?! Bearing in mind my top 3 champs are always banned because they are so much better than my others so realistically the best I can expect is a few 7k champs in my roster of 7
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,603 Guardian

I know the Original Poster has been getting some pelters for his opinion but I agree with him. There should be a secondary matchmaking part which determines the overall rating for the person's battle deck, and matches that person with someone within approvimately 10k of that value. I am in Silver IV. My top champ is 12k rated and my bottom champ is around 2k rated. I have just finished a BG match where my opponents top champ was 34k rated and his bottom champ was 23k rated. Obviously he must have also been in Silver IV but how am I meant to tackle that?! Bearing in mind my top 3 champs are always banned because they are so much better than my others so realistically the best I can expect is a few 7k champs in my roster of 7

We already tried that and it was a disaster. That’s why we don’t do that anymore.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,490 ★★★★★

If you’re not concerned with fairness for P2P, you can’t even imagine how little we care about the whims of F2P crusaders who believe there’s something valorous about maximizing their enjoyment of a product to which they contribute nothing.

It seems like you’re incapable of understanding OP’s point about roster-building. But don’t worry, just keep grinding Capt F2P, maybe one day you’ll understand…

For all the talk about skill, I am sure that P2P whale would easily humble him/her if there is a match with just 3 or 4 star deck. All the people demanding fairness and roster matching where they don’t want to face huge accounts probably disregard the fact that most with large accounts have been playing for a long time and know the ins and outs of the champs/interactions with nodes and are also far more skilled than them.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 573 ★★★
    lol, we aren’t worried about favoritism. We already have our advantage. It’s great. There are never P2P people complaining on here, just F2P jokers hallucinating what they think is happening in our minds.
  • IndoIndo Member Posts: 2
    It’s filled with modders in gc
  • IndoIndo Member Posts: 2
    modder
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,500 ★★★★

I've been fighting my way to to achieve enough points to be eligible for the top tier community event rewards. I have found several issues with this. First, there are people purposely losing just not to advance and stay at the lower tiers for points. Not realizing this at first, I grinded for days to get points. Next, I have had several fights where it's over and neither my defender nor their attacker lost anything, granting a guaranteed 15,000. They pause the game in order to average points. So, now that I made it to a higher tier, it's absolutely stupid. My highest champions are the ones I invested in, 23,000 or so. The rest are like 15k and lower. I am consistently being matched up against Legend or others with awakened 7 star rank 3 champs. When the lowest champion I'm fighting is 33,000, it gets to a point that I'm just done with it. Why isn't their any matchmaking ability that keeps the playing field fair? Why not a way to match players by their highest ranked player in the roster or limit what the opponent can select. With the sheer unfairness of the event, I don't even want to play anymore. I think the only way to get points is to cheat. Purposely lose, stay way low so you stay in the lower brackets and just pause every game so you average 15000. Unless I'm extremely lucky, I'll never win against people dropping a buffed up 78,000 Serpent against my 14,300 Havoc. Maybe I'm wrong, but my latest discussions seems like most are in agreement with me. I should not be matched up against the whales.

It’s not cheating . It’s strategy . Just use energy to and quit fights to keep you in lower rankings and use marks for when you oaky to win . Then when you reached all the rewards just play to always win
    . It’s not that hard . The issue thing is stupid and a waste of time . You should only use it with Nick Fury to end up at 100% after your decoy gets destroyed