**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Was Master Mode Tuned Down Too Much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Yeah they made everything REALLY easy in master but the bosses are still around the same difficulty as they were before.
    I don't mind the nerf to master cause it makes it easy and you get the same rewards but grinding it just feels tedious.
    I wish they would tune down uncollected and raise master cause I 100%ed the first 2 chapters in uncollected and have no intention of wasting my time with the BS Ice Phoenix and the ridiculous buffs they put on the bosses.
    I mean where's the skill when a champ auto kills you in 10 seconds???
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    shut up and take the shards

Word man. What's wrong with these jokers?
  • Options
    Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    So you're not Uncollected but you're complaining about master mode being too easy? Hmm....soinds like you should be focusing your energy elsewhere
  • Options
    If you're not Uncollected, then you obviously would benefit from Master mode being a bit easier. And if you are Uncollected, then do that level as the challenge you seek. Other than that, stop complaining.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    @op uncollected is a huge step up. It’s the new master mode. So go and get uncollected and quit complaining.
  • Options
    ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    Fight in uncollected quest.. you'll enjoy a lot
  • Options
    Stop Complaining. Just bring your 2* in Master mode so it will be a lil bit different for you.
  • Options
    NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    Rektor wrote: »
    Past: Harder master + crappier rewards = give us better rewards

Present: Easier master + better rewards = give us harder master?

What in the actual F

x100000
  • Options
    HulkSmaaashhHulkSmaaashh Posts: 37
    With MODOK's bugged force generator, Master is still the same for most of us. I was able to explore last months master, but couldnt explore MODOKs chapter this time due to being hit between hits.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Joeswimmer wrote: »
    I know that KABAM have previously said that they are tuning down Master mode for a more steady progression on PI on champs from the earlier quests to the latter ones, however this month there seems to be an issue in the champs that we are fighting in Master mode. I don't know if it has been addressed already, however I haven't seen anything about this yet.
    Last month, and in all the previous ones, the PI of the champs in the quest started around 3k and made it up to 9-10k by the final chapter. I figured that this "tuning down" of master would mean that the final chapter would be around 7-8k rating, however stemming from less than 1,000 to barely over 2,000 seems ridiculous. This quest is so easy it is laughable, and after getting to the bosses every single one of my champs has full health. The rewards for Master are still really good even with the addition of Uncollected mode and other special events - make it a challenge to get them.

@Joeswimmer - Are you Uncollected? If not, then that's why you're probably complaining. Kabam mentioned they will tune down Master level because there are players who really had a difficult time in this difficulty. If you think this is too easy then finish up 5.2 and let us know what you think of Uncollected level difficulty.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    LMAO. All the people who finished master for the first time this month are flocking here. Let's face it: current master requires no skill. You can reach all bosses with 5 full health champs and then simple chip down the boss by using those 5 champs one by one and dying. Master used to be a challenge when it was first released (and it was released specifically to provide some challenging content) but I guess making master the way it is now is Kabam's way of pushing 5*s more into the game. Easy way for newer players to get 2.5k 5* shards each month, for many of whom master+heroic is probably the only steady source of 5* shards
  • Options
    René_VuRené_Vu Posts: 66
    Bet you asked the teacher why there wasn't any homework either.

I live for it!!!
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Kabam releases Uncollected Ice Phoenix. People Complain.
    Kabam Nerfs Master Mode. People conplain regardless.

The entitlement of these Players and they will never be pleased. Smh
  • Options
    ugh. i swear i think op just wants to feel special for completing master mode. if you want to feel special and not bored, go complete act 5.2 and fully explore uncollected mode. i bet the first thing youll whine is nerf ice phoenix and modok
  • Options
    btw im happy they toned it down bcuz i was able to 100% it with my alt acct. modok is a pain to fight with just r3 and r4 champs.
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    It really wasn’t. There is an “inflation” with the progress and master mode rewards are not worth as much now. This is like the person who was complaining daily expert proving grounds was so easy. The rewards are not worth it anymore and it should be easy or even on auto play. If you want a challenge and better rewards there is the uncollected. Advanced players should not wast much time on these outdated challenges for minor rewards.
  • Options
    Just do 100% Uncollected and stop whining like a child that it is easier now.
    it helps new players to catch up, why do you want to be the schoolyard bully ?
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I'm all for it. Let Master be a stepping stone for those not on Uncollected. I actually enjoyed it. It kept the focus on the Bosses. Uncollected is enough of a challenge if people want more.

Just because uncollected become a thing, shouldn't mean master is toned down for lower players to gain with ease.
  • Options
    TimETimE Posts: 26
    Its probably so easy to encourage people to try uncollected. That MODOK was still a pain in the ass on Master.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    It really wasn’t. There is an “inflation” with the progress and master mode rewards are not worth as much now. This is like the person who was complaining daily expert proving grounds was so easy. The rewards are not worth it anymore and it should be easy or even on auto play. If you want a challenge and better rewards there is the uncollected. Advanced players should not wast much time on these outdated challenges for minor rewards.

Everyone needs t4b
  • Options
    raffster wrote: »
    @Joeswimmer - Are you Uncollected? If not, then that's why you're probably complaining. Kabam mentioned they will tune down Master level because there are players who really had a difficult time in this difficulty. If you think this is too easy then finish up 5.2 and let us know what you think of Uncollected level difficulty.

Yes, I am uncollected. Yes I have finished 5.4 at least initially, and yes I did do Uncollected difficulty 100%. I think that uncollected being challenging is fantastic - it makes me focus on the quest and make sure my best champs are out of AW before doing the harder ones. But Master mode as it is now isn't a "stepping stone" to uncollected as it was before or as it would be if the PI reached 6-8k in the last quests, its just a way for low-tier players to get good rewards by doing 1-2 hard fights per quest. I think that KABAM forgot to add the global node to master mode this month, which is why the champs have no sp3 active and are SO much easier and I wouldn't be surprised if the difficulty stepped up next month.
  • Options
    I'm all for it. Let Master be a stepping stone for those not on Uncollected. I actually enjoyed it. It kept the focus on the Bosses. Uncollected is enough of a challenge if people want more.

Just because uncollected become a thing, shouldn't mean master is toned down for lower players to gain with ease.

Why not?