When you're legit more bummed about a free T2A...

Because we don't get more than 1 T1A in the calendar. This struggle is absurd. Kabam needs to seriously consider dropping the rank up requirements for T1A for 5*s to maybe 2 for 1-2 and 4 for 2-3. Needing 10 T1A to take a 5* from 1-3 is absolutely absurd. I have 27 5* at rank 1, most of whom will never see rank 2 due to the absurd disparity between cost and availability of those T1A. Most of us at higher levels have oodles of T4CC either sitting in the stash/expiring or crystals that we can't even open because of the T1A issue.

The problem is real despite what 3-5 members of this forum community will try to tell you. This needs to be addressed ASAP. The glory price decrease is a start but thats still legitimately 1 5* that can receive 1 rank per week. That is not feasible for continued roster growth.
«1345

Comments

  • Completely agree. It’s gonna take a month to bring a 5*champ from r1 to r4. Kinda crazy
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    RealSteal wrote: »
    Completely agree. It’s gonna take a month to bring a 5*champ from r1 to r4. Kinda crazy

    And that’s if you ONLY rank 1 champ and no other champs at all. No 4*s, no other 5*s, nothing.

    Also love that some troll has already flagged this post. Adorable.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,052
    I'm in a lower tier alliance so I have plenty of t1a but I was actually forced to r4 my 5 star ws because of expiring t2a in my stash after 5.4 :/
  • If that was the only T1A we could get in the month, I might consider the idea valid. Since there are many more you can get, I can't agree. It's a Login Calendar. It's not a one-stop Rank.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    If that was the only T1A we could get in the month, I might consider the idea valid. Since there are many more you can get, I can't agree. It's a Login Calendar. It's not a one-stop Rank.

    So, in other words, the one a week from Arena, 2/week from alliance events and 4 total from monthly events.

    Sum total, 16 more per month. Total for the highest level players completely dedicated multiple hours per day to this game: 36. That’s a total of 7 rank ups for 5*.

    But do go on about how amazingly sufficient that is...
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 5,270
    Well that's you choise. Rank up only decent 5-stars and invest in 4-stars, or use everything in your 5-stars and have problems with t1 alpha.
  • DalBot wrote: »
    If that was the only T1A we could get in the month, I might consider the idea valid. Since there are many more you can get, I can't agree. It's a Login Calendar. It's not a one-stop Rank.

    So, in other words, the one a week from Arena, 2/week from alliance events and 4 total from monthly events.

    Sum total, 16 more per month. Total for the highest level players completely dedicated multiple hours per day to this game: 36. That’s a total of 7 rank ups for 5*.

    But do go on about how amazingly sufficient that is...

    You have Glory.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 1,863
    Hey it’s almost exactly 30 days from your last thread on t1a. How have been? How many champions have you ranked this past month? Are you buying more t1a with the decreased cost? Did you start to spread out the t1a between r2/r3 to create a better balance with your other materials? Looking forward to your reply!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    4*s will be completely useless to higher level players when 6*s come out (same as how 3*s are now). If I wanted to take all of my 5* to even rank two that would take four months, and that would be assuming I got zero new champs and no 6* by then. And I’m hardly an exception. You look at the top 200 alliances and I’m quite the norm.

    Despite what the usual apologists want to tell you *cough GW and CH cough*, this is far from sufficient. There is a reason it comes up ad nauseum, yet still rarely gets addressed. The lowering of glory cost was good, maybe changing the max purchase to 8 or 10 would be better.

  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 1,863
    DalBot wrote: »
    If that was the only T1A we could get in the month, I might consider the idea valid. Since there are many more you can get, I can't agree. It's a Login Calendar. It's not a one-stop Rank.

    So, in other words, the one a week from Arena, 2/week from alliance events and 4 total from monthly events.

    Sum total, 16 more per month. Total for the highest level players completely dedicated multiple hours per day to this game: 36. That’s a total of 7 rank ups for 5*.

    But do go on about how amazingly sufficient that is...
    Well 7 rank ups would get you 2 r3s a month and 1 r2. That’s more roster power than any other point in mcoc history. Tmk
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 1,863
    edited January 2018
    DalBot wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hey it’s almost exactly 30 days from your last thread on t1a. How have been? How many champions have you ranked this past month? Are you buying more t1a with the decreased cost? Did you start to spread out the t1a between r2/r3 to create a better balance with your other materials? Looking forward to your reply!

    How many more T1A am I buying? Umm, zero since I was buying the same max before that I’m buying now. But thanks for doing your usual bit of adding nothing of value to yet another conversation in your efforts to get another one closed/derailed.

    Finally gonna do what most of the community has done and put you on ignore. Not worth seeing another useful thread taken down because of your naysaying shenanigans.
    Awesome! that means I can easily refute the falsities and short shightedness with out having to argue against fallacy. Thanks!
  • DalBot wrote: »
    4*s will be completely useless to higher level players when 6*s come out (same as how 3*s are now). If I wanted to take all of my 5* to even rank two that would take four months, and that would be assuming I got zero new champs and no 6* by then. And I’m hardly an exception. You look at the top 200 alliances and I’m quite the norm.

    Despite what the usual apologists want to tell you *cough GW and CH cough*, this is far from sufficient. There is a reason it comes up ad nauseum, yet still rarely gets addressed. The lowering of glory cost was good, maybe changing the max purchase to 8 or 10 would be better.

    That's the whole problem. Just because 6*s are being introduced, people think they should Rank their 5*s as fast as 4*s.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

    Awesome! that means I can easily refute the falsities and short shightedness with out having to argue against fallacy. Thanks!

    And by refute you mean point out that one can rank a sum total of three champs in a month? Keep on swinging for those fences!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    4-star champions will not be useless. That's just an assumption that players made.
    I used some 4-star champions to clear act 5 and got no problems. One of them even cleared an entire lane until the boss without losing so much HP.

    You also fought gimped champs that won’t have the same power 6*s are supposed to actually have.

    And the amount of useable 4*s for Act 5 was a handful at best.

  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 1,863
    DalBot wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

    Awesome! that means I can easily refute the falsities and short shightedness with out having to argue against fallacy. Thanks!

    And by refute you mean point out that one can rank a sum total of three champs in a month? Keep on swinging for those fences!
    You should’ve checked my math I was actually 50% short of the actually number, it’s 3 r3s and one r2 a month. Which is a faster rate than t4cc and t4b flows in.

  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 191
    Kabam will learn when crystal sales drop when people stop buying them because they don’t have resources to focus on both 4* & 5* champs
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 5,270
    Again, it's your choise. You are ranking up the wrong champions instead of the useful ones just because they have one more star.
    I have t1 alpha cats in the stash. I don't do the weekly arena and I don't buy them with glory. That's because I don't rank up champions that are useless to me in any area of the game, and I still rank up 4-star champs even if they will only be used just for fun
  • What sucks is the resource that is keeping me from taking 5* champs to r3 and r4 is the same thing that I need to rank my new 4* champs to r3. I have 11 new 4* champs sitting at r2 because I can't waste the t1a on them. That really stinks and is totally backwards.

    Make t4c and t2a the limiting resource, not freaking t1a.
  • So allow the Top Allies chasing T4CCs to Rank faster than everyone else? Is that the gist of it?
  • MLBMikeMLBMike Posts: 21
    DalBot wrote: »
    Because we don't get more than 1 T1A in the calendar. This struggle is absurd. Kabam needs to seriously consider dropping the rank up requirements for T1A for 5*s to maybe 2 for 1-2 and 4 for 2-3. Needing 10 T1A to take a 5* from 1-3 is absolutely absurd. I have 27 5* at rank 1, most of whom will never see rank 2 due to the absurd disparity between cost and availability of those T1A. Most of us at higher levels have oodles of T4CC either sitting in the stash/expiring or crystals that we can't even open because of the T1A issue.

    The problem is real despite what 3-5 members of this forum community will try to tell you. This needs to be addressed ASAP. The glory price decrease is a start but thats still legitimately 1 5* that can receive 1 rank per week. That is not feasible for continued roster growth.

    Well, why would you want to rank up useless 5* to rank 2 or rank3?
    Did you forget 6* is coming?
    Oh wait, let's hope 6* only requires couple t1 alphas to rank up, lol!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 13,201
    edited January 2018
    The point I'm making is the rate at which we can Rank is the same for everyone. Allies can play the Prestige Race and amass buckets of T4CCs but there is an after-effect to that. If we focus on amassing one Resource, we're going to have a shortage of another. Balancing Resources is a part of the game. The rarity of a 5* is greater than a 4*, no matter how much people feel that 5* is the new 4*. It's going to take longer to Rank them. Which means there has to be some kind of limiting Resource. That limiting Resource affects the entire game because there is individual progression, and overall progression. I do not agree with that statement because there is no balance in a system that has a Top Tier that progresses much faster than the lower. It's actually the exact opposite of what we know to be the case in gaming. The majority of games I've played have slower progression the higher you go. The TL:DR of this is the Players milk the Cat system by way of Prestige. The end result is they have more than the system is designed to allow using. Add selective Ranking to that, and the result is an imbalance.
  • Ahh ‘the voice of reason’ has finally had his nap and decided to tell Everyone to get off his lawn because back in his day he worked hard for his T1A’s.
    We all thank you for continually telling us we’re not enough like you.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    DalBot wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

    Awesome! that means I can easily refute the falsities and short shightedness with out having to argue against fallacy. Thanks!

    And by refute you mean point out that one can rank a sum total of three champs in a month? Keep on swinging for those fences!

    Your math is all kinds of wrong. First of all you can get 37 t1a per month (im guessing you forgot one from monthly normal), second 37 t1a equals a lot more than 3 5* rank ups, unless you mean 3 rank ups from r1 to r4, in which case i want to see the math that lets you get 12 t2a every month.

    Also, it's their own fault. If those "end game" players have sooooo many t4cc and such expiring and not enough alphas they're free to run map 2-3, earn a stupid amount of alphas while allowing those who need it more to earn some of those "top tier" t4cc's.

    TL;DR You're greed is your own downfall.

    So, to be clear, you’re saying end game players should have to play maps 2-3 instead of inequities in the game being addressed?

    I mean, that’s your argument?
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 5,270
    You do map 5/6 for class cats, or map 3 for alpha catalysts and shards.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 378
    You do map 5/6 for class cats, or map 3 for alpha catalysts and shards.

    You also do Maps 5/6 for somewhat of a challenge. Maps 2/3 are there for beginner alliances to grow.

    Advancement in a game should be in line with commitment to such. It shouldn’t be “well shucks let the lower tiers who commit less get the higher rewards too”. You should get out what you put in to it.
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.