**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When you're legit more bummed about a free T2A...

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    You could argue that the growing Allies work harder for less Rewards. You could argue that Players choose what they focus on and if T1A is what's needed, that might be a choice to do rather than worry about their place. You could argue that the spending habits are the cause of the imbalance and that it's also possible to pace Ranking instead of taking a 5* to R4 in one sitting. You could argue that the Cats are expiring because Players won't Rank anything but the same Champs. Depends on how you look at it. Lol.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Awesome! that means I can easily refute the falsities and short shightedness with out having to argue against fallacy. Thanks!

And by refute you mean point out that one can rank a sum total of three champs in a month? Keep on swinging for those fences!

Your math is all kinds of wrong. First of all you can get 37 t1a per month (im guessing you forgot one from monthly normal), second 37 t1a equals a lot more than 3 5* rank ups, unless you mean 3 rank ups from r1 to r4, in which case i want to see the math that lets you get 12 t2a every month.

Also, it's their own fault. If those "end game" players have sooooo many t4cc and such expiring and not enough alphas they're free to run map 2-3, earn a stupid amount of alphas while allowing those who need it more to earn some of those "top tier" t4cc's.

TL;DR You're greed is your own downfall.

So, to be clear, you’re saying end game players should have to play maps 2-3 instead of inequities in the game being addressed?

I mean, that’s your argument?
    If we’re clarifying arguments is yours that we need more r2 5s because 6s are coming into the contest?

If so Wouldn’t you want more r3/r4 5s to compete with the new 6s? Historically Wouldbn’t 2-3 new r3s a month be a damn fast rate of progression?
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    I will be full on my t2 inventory
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You do map 5/6 for class cats, or map 3 for alpha catalysts and shards.

You also do Maps 5/6 for somewhat of a challenge. Maps 2/3 are there for beginner alliances to grow.

Advancement in a game should be in line with commitment to such. It shouldn’t be “well shucks let the lower tiers who commit less get the higher rewards too”. You should get out what you put in to it.

It is progression. Higher tier alliances don't have problems with t1 alphas unless they are making wrong choises or are upgrading useful champions every week, which is very unlikely.
  • DalBot wrote: »
    ShadowNet wrote: »

Awesome! that means I can easily refute the falsities and short shightedness with out having to argue against fallacy. Thanks!

And by refute you mean point out that one can rank a sum total of three champs in a month? Keep on swinging for those fences!

Your math is all kinds of wrong. First of all you can get 37 t1a per month (im guessing you forgot one from monthly normal), second 37 t1a equals a lot more than 3 5* rank ups, unless you mean 3 rank ups from r1 to r4, in which case i want to see the math that lets you get 12 t2a every month.

Also, it's their own fault. If those "end game" players have sooooo many t4cc and such expiring and not enough alphas they're free to run map 2-3, earn a stupid amount of alphas while allowing those who need it more to earn some of those "top tier" t4cc's.

TL;DR You're greed is your own downfall.

So, to be clear, you’re saying end game players should have to play maps 2-3 instead of inequities in the game being addressed?

I mean, that’s your argument?

Those are not inequities in the game, it's called ballance. Lower tier players get lower tier resources and higher tier players get higher tier resources from end game content.

To be clear, what exacly would you be losing by doing map 3 for a month?
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    @DalBot thanks for keeping up the fight for T1 alpha modification. Yo’ll see the majority of the community is having the same issues. I see you have some of the same trolls on your thread as I do mine. Resistance is futile. Kabam has to make a change.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Why is the focus on individual personalities and not the problem at hand?

The sheer amount of T1s to rank characters from 4/40 to 5/50, or to 2/35 and higher for 5-stars, is the issue here, not who is posting about it -- it's absurd!

It's not just an artificial chokepoint, it's a chokepoint that disproportionately benefits players with established rosters and within higher-rated alliances -- the difficulty in this game should be tied to a) acquiring the characters in the first place, since it's either RNG for 5-stars, or dedicated grinding or RNG for 4-stars.

No one is saying that progresssion doesn't matter, or that progression doesn't need to be linear.

But these T1A requirements are purely arbitrary -- there's no law saying it couldn't be 100 alphas. Or one. Or none.

It's an arbitrary chokepoint that makes no sense for what players are trying to accomplish within the game itself -- you are supposed to grind and acquire characters, then clear content.

Ranking up characters is a COROLLARY, not a GOAL. You shouldn't have to jump through this many hoops to take characters from R1 to R2 as a five-star -- that's basically a 4/40 four-star, in most comparative analysis, maybe slightly more health, slightly more damage.

But the ranking up requirements are totally off, inconsistent, arbitrary and ridiculous! They really are!

At some point, it would really help this community to stop focusing on personalities of PLAYERS and actually try to come together to make a player base that has interest in making this gaming experience a little more consistent and a little less ridiculously arbitrary
    It makes complete sense when you're balancing Resources and progression across multiple Champ rarities and Tiers of Players. Otherwise you end up with a Perpetual Motion Machine where the Top continues to accelerate in growth while all others are left at a snail's pace, thereby making it impossible for anyone to grow overall, and just locking placement indefinitely.
    edited January 2018
    It makes complete sense when you're balancing Resources and progression across multiple Champ rarities and Tiers of Players. Otherwise you end up with a Perpetual Motion Machine where the Top continues to accelerate in growth while all others are left at a snail's pace, thereby making it impossible for anyone to grow overall, and just locking placement indefinitely.

No. False. You see that only through the prism of someone who already has a roster that is tailored for your needs.

I actually lead an alliance of developing players. Between 35-200K.

What keeps them from closing the gap isn't higher-tiered players taking their 20th five-star to R3 or R4.

It's the inability to get their first two or three 4/40s or R2s ranked up at all -- I know it's hard for some of you to believe, but not everyone cares about how many 5-stars higher-tiered players have and are ranking up.

These developing players are being choked off at the very beginning -- for no reason!
    edited January 2018
    You really shouldn't assume what my experience is. I've dedicated my career in the game to helping Players grow the same as you. The issue is not Resource requirements. They are tailored to different points of growth. Simply put, the game is meant to have certain hurdles to overcome. Which once passed, make gameplay easier as you go along. From my experience with Players at that stage, the hurdle is amassing T4CCs, which there has been progress in making more available. Focusing on 5*s at that level, most are happy to take any to R3 or R4, because one is more useful than none. The issue of T1A isn't specific to Players starting out or mid-Tier. It's for those solely focusing on 5* Rosters, for the most part.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Never ever complain about T2A, and you should seriously change the title of this to "Bummed about needing so much T1A for rank ups" . T2A is the most precious thing in the game, so please, I would love to see them give out / reward more of it. T1A will come over time and it is pretty easy to get. With the push to 6* and r5 5*, I do agree we need more of everything.

Patience, using glory, doing T1A arenas, being in alliance that hit the milestones on 3-day events all help.

You really shouldn't assume what my experience is. I've dedicated my career in the game to helping Players grow the same as you. The issue is not Resource requirements. They are tailored to different points of growth. Simply put, the game is meant to have certain hurdles to overcome. Which once passed, make gameplay easier as you go along. From my experience with Players at that stage, the hurdle is amassing T4CCs, which there has been progress in making more available. Focusing on 5*s at that level, most are happy to take any to R3 or R4, because one is more useful than none. The issue of T2A isn't specific to Players starting out or mid-Tier. It's for those solely focusing on 5* Rosters, for the most part.

No, the issue is resource requirements -- but we aren't talking about T4CCs in this thread, which is less of an issue overall because while not necessarily easy to acquire for newer players, the mechanics in-game are consistent. T4s are still an issue, but players understand that they are a rare resource and they take them seriously in their acquisition. They use them accordingly.

But the sheer volume of T1s required for acquisition, starting with getting a four-star to 3/30, is ludicrous -- this is reality for my guys. Not theory. Reality.

They are between Levels 37 and 56. Not Level 60. They don't have access to full Masteries.

They haven't all cleared Act 4 100 percent -- which, again, people forget how challenging that is with a developing roster.

So people say, "OK. Grind harder."

THEY DO GRIND. Every day! We are running AQs four-five times each week, every week. Every single week, same as other people.

They clear as much content as they can in the Event Quests -- Normal for all, Heroic for fewer.

They do Arenas, too -- all of them. Check in each day for the Logins.

You know how many Alphas that gets you in a month, with all that grinding? Unless you get lucky with a Special crystal?

EIGHT.

EIGHT.

Not everyone is running Map 3 and farming it. Not everyone is "lazy" and needs to "git gud."

They need more than a maximum of eight T1 alphas A FREAKING MONTH so they can finish Act 4 and RTTL and attempt to get some awakening gems so they can dupe some of the better characters they have -- again, these aren't lazy players. Or noobs who don't try.

There are now 120 characters in the character base! Acquiring, then duping, elite characters is almost impossible as a random occurrence -- it doesn't happen for everyone.

Kabam has to give these newer players more consistent opportunities to get the better characters they are able to acquire into position to be ranked up.

Again: There are 120 characters in the pool. I can't even fathom what it would be like to start playing this game in the last year -- it's so much harder than it was. It really is, and the T1a availability is a major factor
    Damn I don’t think I had a 5 star worth a **** let alone one I would use until I was level 60 and done with act 4. Sounds to me like They’d be fine with thier 4* 4/40 since those are more geared to their level along with the resources the can reliably acquire. Kinda like trying to drive a monster truck when you first get a learners permit.
    And before anyone says, "Oh, it's so easy to get four-star shards now, easier than its ever been, " again, I am not stupid. Been here since Day 1. I know it's easier to get the shards.

But I also am really, really good at statistics and probabilities. While none of us know the drop rates so you can't do a true model, I can tell you this: Getting a few more opportunities to spin four-star crystals is nothing compared to the volume of the characters in the pool, which consistently grows -- they are all individual events, with each spin.

It's long odds to even acquire the base of 8-10 characters you need for progression, let alone dupe them -- believe it or not, there are a lot of players out there who don't have a Star-Lord, let alone a duped one. Though they are trying the Arenas
    Damn I don’t think I had a 5 star worth a **** let alone one I would use until I was level 60 and done with act 4. Sounds to me like They’d be fine with thier 4* 4/40 since those are more geared to their level along with the resources the can reliably acquire. Kinda like trying to drive a monster truck when you first get a learners permit.

"Sounds to you?" Well, you'd be wrong. No one is talking about your acquisitions -- it's not always about you.

The "geared to their level" argument is complete garbage because this game isn't static -- it's exponential, based on RNG and resource availability.

You aren't a better or worse player than anyone else. At some point, around Level 30 or so, everyone has roughly the same skills.

But you clear more content with Hyperion than Luke Cage. You get more resources when you clear more content.

What slows people down isn't you and your "skills" and "experience" making you "a better player."

It's the chokepoint of e resources. Don't kid yourself.

ESF wrote: »

"Sounds to you?" Well, you'd be wrong. No one is talking about your acquisitions -- it's not always about you.

The "geared to their level" argument is complete garbage because this game isn't static -- it's exponential, based on RNG and resource availability.

You aren't a better or worse player than anyone else. At some point, around Level 30 or so, everyone has roughly the same skills.

But you clear more content with Hyperion than Luke Cage. You get more resources when you clear more content.

What slows people down isn't you and your "skills" and "experience" making you "a better player."

It's the chokepoint of e resources. Don't kid yourself.
    Players these days get materials handed to them via the calander. They also have master mode etc. there is plenty for them especially since master mode was nerfed their potential for progression is vastly superior to what it once was.

But look at this point you’re just shooting from the hip at shadows. Gl with that.
    Oh, really? What level and PI are you, @CoatHang3r?

Tell you what. If it's so freaking easy, do me this one favor. Just one thing. You can easily, easily, prove me wrong.

Why don't you start an F2P account. Today. Clean. Level 1.

Play it for six months.

Then come back here and tell me how freaking easy it is and how available resources are.

I would love to hear it.
    You really shouldn't assume what my experience is. I've dedicated my career in the game to helping Players grow the same as you. The issue is not Resource requirements. They are tailored to different points of growth. Simply put, the game is meant to have certain hurdles to overcome. Which once passed, make gameplay easier as you go along. From my experience with Players at that stage, the hurdle is amassing T4CCs, which there has been progress in making more available. Focusing on 5*s at that level, most are happy to take any to R3 or R4, because one is more useful than none. The issue of T2A isn't specific to Players starting out or mid-Tier. It's for those solely focusing on 5* Rosters, for the most part.

No, the issue is resource requirements -- but we aren't talking about T4CCs in this thread, which is less of an issue overall because while not necessarily easy to acquire for newer players, the mechanics in-game are consistent. T4s are still an issue, but players understand that they are a rare resource and they take them seriously in their acquisition. They use them accordingly.

But the sheer volume of T1s required for acquisition, starting with getting a four-star to 3/30, is ludicrous -- this is reality for my guys. Not theory. Reality.

They are between Levels 37 and 56. Not Level 60. They don't have access to full Masteries.

They haven't all cleared Act 4 100 percent -- which, again, people forget how challenging that is with a developing roster.

So people say, "OK. Grind harder."

THEY DO GRIND. Every day! We are running AQs four-five times each week, every week. Every single week, same as other people.

They clear as much content as they can in the Event Quests -- Normal for all, Heroic for fewer.

They do Arenas, too -- all of them. Check in each day for the Logins.

You know how many Alphas that gets you in a month, with all that grinding? Unless you get lucky with a Special crystal?

EIGHT.

EIGHT.

Not everyone is running Map 3 and farming it. Not everyone is "lazy" and needs to "git gud."

They need more than a maximum of eight T1 alphas A FREAKING MONTH so they can finish Act 4 and RTTL and attempt to get some awakening gems so they can dupe some of the better characters they have -- again, these aren't lazy players. Or noobs who don't try.

There are now 120 characters in the character base! Acquiring, then duping, elite characters is almost impossible as a random occurrence -- it doesn't happen for everyone.

Kabam has to give these newer players more consistent opportunities to get the better characters they are able to acquire into position to be ranked up.

Again: There are 120 characters in the pool. I can't even fathom what it would be like to start playing this game in the last year -- it's so much harder than it was. It really is, and the T1a availability is a major factor

Not one of the guys I've helped grow have complained about an absence of Alphas. Not one.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Lol. People are suggesting running map 2-3 again. What does that result in? Dropping AQ tiers, less t4b, less t4c and far less glory to even buy t1a. And all this for what? 150 t1a fragments

Tell you what. If it's so freaking easy, do me this one favor. Just one thing. You can easily, easily, prove me wrong.

Why don't you start an F2P account. Today. Clean. Level 1.

Play it for six months.

Then come back here and tell me how freaking easy it is and how available resources are.

I would love to hear it.
    I can quantify how much easier it would be without such effort.

It will be a calendar, special calendar, weekly calendar, master mode, glory, t4c frag crystals, vastly increased shards from arena, easier. However if it was too easy and I was handed everything I wouldn’t stick around like I choose to in the past.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Lol. People are suggesting running map 2-3 again. What does that result in? Dropping AQ tiers, less t4b, less t4c and far less glory to even buy t1a. And all this for what? 150 t1a fragments
    Nah you might be able to do it without dropping tiers, just run it once a week and your map 6 will keep you in advanced with plenty of glory to spend as well. 😝
    edited January 2018

Tell you what. If it's so freaking easy, do me this one favor it.

It will be a calendar, special calendar, weekly calendar, master mode, glory, t4c frag crystals, vastly increased shards from arena, easier. However if it was too easy and I was handed everything I wouldn’t stick around like I choose to in the past.

All talk. 100 percent talk.

If it's as easy as you describe, then do it! What's the problem? Shouldn't be one, right?

It's easy!

Anybody else want to stop talking about how easy it is and show us all?

If it's as easy as you describe, then do it! What's the problem? Shouldn't be one, right?

It's easy!

I don't believe Coat is the one saying there is a shortage.

Not one of the guys I've helped grow have complained about an absence of Alphas. Not one. [/quote]

You need to talk to more people. You really do.

Because clearly, I and my alliance members would tell you something else. The number of threads about it are empirical.

Not theoretical. Empirical.

Just because something isn't a problem for you and a select number of people doesn't mean it isn't a problem -- people are literally TELLING YOU it's a problem.

Observation bias and is the only reason anyone could sit there and tell a person that 10 alphas to rank up a 5-star to R3 isn't ridiculous

It's easy!

BTDT wearing the t-shirt. Just how would getting more of everything and some things for free make it harder for me again?
    edited January 2018

Not one of the guys I've helped grow have complained about an absence of Alphas. Not one.
    You need to talk to more people. You really do.

Because clearly, I and my alliance members would tell you something else. The number of threads about it are empirical.

Not theoretical. Empirical.

Just because something isn't a problem for you and a select number of people doesn't mean it isn't a problem -- people are literally TELLING YOU it's a problem.

Observation bias and is the only reason anyone could sit there and tell a person that 10 alphas to rank up a 5-star to R3 isn't ridiculous
    Wait what? 35-200k players have not yet earned r3 5s.

It's easy!

So Let me get this straight. The people who don't have the materials are the ones who are supposed to prove that they aren't readily attainable?

Maybe the fact that they don't have the materials but are trying to acquire them is actually the proof, instead of the people who have them telling the people who,don't how easy it is.

That would make sense to the vast majority of people who view this issue logically.

It's easy!

So Let me get this straight. The people who don't have the materials are the ones who are supposed to prove that they aren't readily attainable?

Maybe the fact that they don't have the materials but are trying to acquire them is actually the proof, instead of the people who have them telling the people who,don't how easy it is.

That would make sense to the vast majority of people who view this issue logically.
    What are you on about? What changed in th early game that makes resources less available than they were in the past?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Good to see another perspective in here ESF. I've participated in plenty of these threads. And completely agree with you, at this stage in the game there needs to be more opportunity for every level of player to earn more t1as, the choke points it's creating as such a limited resource (and such a common bottleneck) are ridiculous, and leave so much of our rosters at levels where they are completely unuseable. Kabams addition of uncollected mode and last months release of 5.4 all with more and more rewards of pretty much every other ranking resource In The game, along with so many 5* crystals available and a glaring omission of any more t1as in sight was a kick in the guts, as was its minor adjustment to the glory store, showing that they were hall to addres it but so pathetically.
    I genuinely believe that glory being spent only on t1as at my point in the game is a frustrating and illogical dynamic.
    I actually can't understand how coathanger still thinks the rewards are balanced at a high level, I guess he ranks more 4*s than I want to, mine have all started collecting at r2 which is what I find ridiculous about this whole bottleneck, a collection of r1 5*s and r2 4*s and you guys are condoning that kabam are intelligent for limiting our rankups to those levels? I just don't see why these guys love to defend t1as as a good design bottleneck. There is almost nothing in gameplay that would be effected at this stage in the game by more alphas being released apart from some of the bigger accounts gaining some numbers on their accounts, more r2 and r3 5*s something I don't really care about. I'm top 40 for roster size in my small Country, only reason I haven't sold my 2/3*s is to help with alliance recruiting. Big numbers look better when recruiting. Big deal
    My Insight into the antagonists, coathanger has a massive roster and has done plenty in this game, he's worked hard and jumped through every hoop to plan his rankups and earn every alpha in the game and so is justified in his perspective that if kabam just start handing out alphas that it will diminish his hard work, honestly though I don't see what the big jump
    Would be as t4bs would quickly become the next bottleneck, and the main thing people would be adding is more r2 and r3 5*s instead of the r4/r5 4*s that the alpha bottleneck seems to be encouraging.
    Grounded wisdom is below level 50 from the rumours and I think plays more map 3 so there isn't such an imbalance for him, he's not earning a ton of t4cs or even t4bs