**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When you're legit more bummed about a free T2A...

1235»

Comments

• JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    ESF wrote: »
    @Jmoneysteck : I like how you can call me dense. I promise you this: My house, cars, paycheck and career are not the result of me being dense.

This is a game based on progression. If you can clear Map 6 but are forced to play Map 3, there's a word for that: Regression.

I know you might need a minute to look at that up, because your simple-minded solution to run Map 3 would get you fired at many other places that value continued progression

bragging to strangers on the internet about your “house cars, and paychecks” kinda pathetic. u think im simple minded because u cant grasp that there is such a simple solution to your problem. if progression means getting t1a then playing map 3 is the way to progress for you and your alliance
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    If a game developer came in here and said, "Oh, it's totally intended for elite players to hang out in Map 3 for resources," then I could disagree but at least say that's what they want players to do to address their shortages and not worry about remaining in higher tiers.

They have actually said the opposite. Miike had said that they want alliances to always push themselves to the fullest extent in alliance events for rewards. This was one of the reasons why they reduced the number of tiers in AQ
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    If a game developer came in here and said, "Oh, it's totally intended for elite players to hang out in Map 3 for resources," then I could disagree but at least say that's what they want players to do to address their shortages and not worry about remaining in higher tiers.

They have actually said the opposite. Miike had said that they want alliances to always push themselves to the fullest extent in alliance events for rewards. This was one of the reason why they reduced the number of tiers in AQ

I figured as much -- this game, like all competition-based economies, is based on progression

@Jmoneysteck : There's a lot of pathetic stuff on the Internet. Sorry my reality doesn't meet your standards
    edited January 2018

They have actually said the opposite. Miike had said that they want alliances to always push themselves to the fullest extent in alliance events for rewards. This was one of the reason why they reduced the number of tiers in AQ

I figured as much -- this game, like all competition-based economies, is based on progression
    quite frankly i don't give a flying (Removed by moderator) what kabam mike says, intended or not it sounds like you sir should play some map 3

Post edited by Kabam Rose on
    edited January 2018
    quite frankly i don't give a flying (Removed by Moderator) what kabam mike says, intended or not it sounds like you sir should play some map 3

Wow. Do you need a nap? Because yeah, thinking I need to take advice from someone named "JMoney" ain't happening, son

Post edited by Kabam Rose on
    quite frankly i dont give a flying f*** what kabam mike says, intended or not it sounds like you sir should play some map 3

Wow. Do you need a nap? Because yeah, thinking I need to take advice from someone named "JMoney" ain't happening, son

insulting my name how original
    quite frankly i dont give a flying f*** what kabam mike says, intended or not it sounds like you sir should play some map 3

insulting my name how original

So is swearing at a complete stranger on the internet, but that didn't stop you

Meh. What a tedious thread. Some people agree with the OP, some don't.

Moving on with my day. Vacation is on
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Jmoney as clearly calculated and posted on this thread twice, map 3 is not a way to earn more t1as, all it does is make us earn less of the rest so eventually we balance out, a couple weeks will not solve The imbalance, I just ran map 3 all December, still could do with 30 alphas. the discussion is here because most people agree t1as is an illogical imbalance,
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

As I’ve posted before, please cite drop rate numbers for t1 alphas in map 3, and how it compares to the reduction in glory (which one can use to buy those same alphas.)

In my experience, the drop rate for t1 alphas in map 3 crystals is a joke. My alliance just ran map 3 this week bc of the holidays, I just opened 13 map 3 crystals and received 1 t1 alpha. We tried dropping down a while back and I had similar results.

So the suggestion to drop down to map 3 for this number of t1 alphas, forgoing the extra glory (among other rewards) from running higher maps, makes zero sense.

Unless of course you have t1 alpha drop rate numbers from map 3 crystals.

And I don’t mean to single you out. Anyone who has been suggesting running map 3 for t1 alphas, what are the drop rates for t1 alphas in these crystals?

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Alphas, catalysts, gold. It's always an issue

The login calendar is FREE, don't like it, don't login

Alphas are widely available, just not enough I agree but they should be the norm over the next few months

Catalysts are widely available too and they're not a problem any more

This is a brand new year and that means brand new opportunities.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    @Mhykke The rate in this video was about 1 for every 7 crystals.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjATzGRQMQg
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    The real thing that shows t1a situation is ****. I have abundance of t4c and play hard I went on break to a small map 3 alliance and have progressed faster barely logging in. How is that right. T1a came fast in map 3 so here I am normally on events like completion getting 75k at least to scrapping in 15k and on the wire at that and progressing faster because of it.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

And how much glory does one sacrifice?

I in 7 doesn’t seem like near enough to makeup for the lost glory (among other lost rewards).

Dropping down to map 3 for me was close to worthless. I won’t be doing it again, and I don’t believe it to be a serious alternative, just like the suggestion that one can get alpha from greater solo crystals (never pulled one there out of many.)
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    The rate of alpha gain was balanced prior to 5* being more available.

The rate would still be fine if the rank up costs for them was dropped a bit.

I have more t4b expiring than alphas and that makes no sense. And yes, I get every alpha I can. And no, map 3 is not an option. That's called slumming, and is generally frowned upon by developers.

Also, greater solo crystals were nerfed into the ground. Instead of getting 1 in 20 or so I'm lucky to get 1 in 100, and I have more than enough data points prior and post nerf to know they were changed drastically.
    edited January 2018
    Seriously again here is alpha rate 33333 vs 55555 worked out including glory, it's completely marginal
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36355/map-3-t1a-question#latest
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Mhykke wrote: »

I in 7 doesn’t seem like near enough to makeup for the lost glory (among other lost rewards).

Dropping down to map 3 for me was close to worthless. I won’t be doing it again, and I don’t believe it to be a serious alternative, just like the suggestion that one can get alpha from greater solo crystals (never pulled one there out of many.)
    it’s dependent on prestige and map cycle. I don’t think the amount of glory sacrificed would bring them below the amount needed to cap the purchase limit.

Hey the people who proclaim shortage get to deny realities, give the opposition the same opportunity to deny reality as well. 36655 for t1a y’all!
    edited January 2018

it’s dependent on prestige and map cycle. I don’t think the amount of glory sacrificed would bring them below the amount needed to cap the purchase limit.

Hey the people who proclaim shortage get to deny realities, give the opposition the same opportunity to deny reality as well. 36655 for t1a y’all!

But if the drop rate is indeed 1 in 7, then your proposed solution would yield, on average, one extra t1 alpha in a little over every two weeks.

I don’t think that’s a very serious solution/suggestion.
    edited January 2018
    Seriously read the link I posted, it's completely dissected, and coathangers suggestion would be the best idea for top alliances to maximise their rewards in the game as it is
    edited January 2018
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Seriously read the link I posted, it's completely dissected, and coathangers suggestion would be the best idea for top alliances to maximise their rewards in the game as it is

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I did read your link, especially they conclusion:

“In other words, with the adjustment to T1A glory costs it is now less of a good idea for a top 1000 alliance (or a member of one) to drop down to advanced for T1A. It is still possible for an expert tier alliance below top 1000 to earn more T1A by dropping down, but it is now an even more marginal improvement.

Cost to buy 5 T1A per AQ week: 2320 glory. That's about what you earn minimum if you stay permanently in expert tier with the current cutoff between 80 million and 90 million.”

So yes, it doesn’t sound like it’s a good idea to run map 3 and drop down tiers like some are suggesting. This coincides with my recent experience of running map 3.

CoatHang3r’s suggestion specifically, unless I’m mistaken, would result in, on average, 1 extra t1 alpha in a little over every two weeks. That’s not really a solution.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The problem is there isn't much of a solution that doesn't have major effects overall. The problem is not the availability or the requirements. It's that people want to Rank 5*s faster. Any change you make to requirements or availability will affect everything, not just those who have Cats to burn.
    The problem is there isn't much of a solution that doesn't have major effects overall. The problem is not the availability or the requirements. It's that people want to Rank 5*s faster. Any change you make to requirements or availability will affect everything, not just those who have Cats to burn.

I don’t understand. Five stars start having other limiting resources required for ranking up starting at going from rank 2 to rank 3. I’m not quite clear on how game balance would be affected by having more five star rank 2s in the game (or four star rank 3s).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I don’t understand. Five stars start having other limiting resources required for ranking up starting at going from rank 2 to rank 3. I’m not quite clear on how game balance would be affected by having more five star rank 2s in the game (or four star rank 3s).
    You have to see the overall system to understand the effect. Not just one benefit. Resources are balanced according to rarity, progression in the game, other Resources required, time and energy to acquire, etc. It's not just a matter of tweaking a few things to accommodate one specific group of people.

You have to see the overall system to understand the effect. Not just one benefit. Resources are balanced according to rarity, progression in the game, other Resources required, time and energy to acquire, etc. It's not just a matter of tweaking a few things to accommodate one specific group of people.

You went to some length to avoid the question. How is game balance affected by having more 5 star rank 2s and four star rank 3s in the game?

One of the issues is that as one progresses through the game, they require a resource more commonly found at lower levels, but the avenues for acquiring that resources shrink as that player plays higher level content. There are other limiting resources besides t1 alphas to rank characters.

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    We've all sold alphas. I once sold 20 at once, not exaggerating. This was before you got shards though.

The game swings from having too many alphas and not enough other things, to getting plenty of the other things and running out of alphas.

They have made them cheaper and slightly more available, but honestly the rate is good. It's the 5 per rank 2-3 for each champ that is out of whack, make it 2/3, 5 total and leave r4 the same and you'd have a pretty happy medium.
    Fanoin wrote: »
    I find this amusing when their have been threads about t4cc being to rare the majority of the people posting here said it's not a problem learn to p lay etc etc or my favorite why should kaabam make them more accessible. I currently have sold 8 t1a over the past 3 months my bottleneck is not t1a it is t4cc. So frankly you all with established 5* rosters are now feeling my pain and are on here complaining. Welcome to the world of resource management. If kaabam makes t1a more available than they are now and do nothing about t4cc then a whole lot more people will be upset than just the top 5% of players.

What makes you think that people weren’t in your exact same position previously?

It’s a natural progression of the game. For a while in the middle part of the game it’s hard to acquire t4cc. It’s still a bottleneck later on, but one is able to progress towards acquiring t4cc regularly.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    There are different problems for different people depending on their current position in the game. So for some it may be t4c and some it’s alphas. That doesn’t mean one problem doesn’t exist. I believe there is a shortage of alphas. Simply because, while there should be a limit to rankings, a 5* (currently the most prestigious tier champion available ) shouldn’t be limited by tier 1 alphas (one the lowest ranking materials). At this point, with 30 t4 class crystals and 12/12 t4c class and basic cats full in my inventory, the fact I have expiring t4 cats because of the lack of alphas is ridiculous. And I’m not even ranking every single one of my 5*, Just the ones I need to.

I have 23 5* and 10 are at rank 1, 3 are at rank 2 and the rest 3 or 4. Of those at rank 1, 7 will stay there forever or until they get a buff. The 3 at rank 2 will stay there too. That means I have like 3 or 4 five stars that I want to upgrade, but the lack of alphas prevents this. I spend all my glory on alpha, do the arena, monthly quests, 3 day events etc.

I get maybe 2 5* a month, with how big the pool is I’m unlikely to get a dupe, so I get mainly 2 new 5* a month. If one of those is good, then I need 10 alphas to upgrade them which is ridiculous.