**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

"Random"

2»

Comments

• Options
    TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    If you had got
    Ghost rider
    Ghost rider
    Voodoo
    Stark spidey
    Stark spidey

Would you have thought, hmm that doesn’t seem random, I think kabam are messing with the odds. I’d better make a post about this on the forum. Would you?

No. Because that’s not how people work. They only assume odds are being tampered with when they get bad pulls. If you get good pulls then you smile and laugh and think how lucky you are, but when you get bad pulls you curse kabam and make posts like this on the forum. So let me ask you, why are YOU lucky when you get good pulls, but KABAM are to blame when you get bad pulls?

The only reason we see so many of these posts are because people only post when they get bad pulls, not when they get good pulls. The 5 pulls I wrote above have been got by someone else. But they didn’t post about it. Each are equally likely.

Except for the fact that the randomness you mention would never happen, so stop trying to call out the op for bringing light on this matter. The obviousness of the champ chances are favored in the less desired and more basic champs is evident. When better champs or god tier champs are in the basic rotation, they are applied different drop rates than others.

I would love to see a release of drop rate per champ.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Twunt wrote: »
    If you had got
    Ghost rider
    Ghost rider
    Voodoo
    Stark spidey
    Stark spidey

Would you have thought, hmm that doesn’t seem random, I think kabam are messing with the odds. I’d better make a post about this on the forum. Would you?

No. Because that’s not how people work. They only assume odds are being tampered with when they get bad pulls. If you get good pulls then you smile and laugh and think how lucky you are, but when you get bad pulls you curse kabam and make posts like this on the forum. So let me ask you, why are YOU lucky when you get good pulls, but KABAM are to blame when you get bad pulls?

The only reason we see so many of these posts are because people only post when they get bad pulls, not when they get good pulls. The 5 pulls I wrote above have been got by someone else. But they didn’t post about it. Each are equally likely.

Except for the fact that the randomness you mention would never happen, so stop trying to call out the op for bringing light on this matter. The obviousness of the champ chances are favored in the less desired and more basic champs is evident. When better champs or god tier champs are in the basic rotation, they are applied different drop rates than others.

I mean it does happen though. You just don’t see brag posts on the forum. I myself had a really good run over December.
    I got
    Hood
    Hyperion
    Dormammu
    Star lord
    Rogue
    Rocket
    Gambit
    All that month. Then I opened three more when spark was added and got falcon groot and hulk. It is all random, you just don’t see it.

For example. It’s like assuming from lottery adverts that the chances of winning the lottery are 100% because the adverts are only showing winners. In this case usually people only post when they get bad pulls. It’s just a bias that a lot of people don’t understand.

Ive seen pictures of 5* crystal openings with Mephisto, cable, spark. Ive seen one with two star lords. I’ve seen one with a huge range of god tier champs. Just because you hadn’t seen it, doesn’t mean that kabam tamper with the odds.

I don’t stick up for kabam a lot, because I believe a lot of what they do is wrong. But this conspiracy of odd tampering is ridiculous and comes about because people don’t understand probability.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    At least you duped Superior Iron Man and Luke Cage. Better than unduped.

True
  • Options
    serfi7serfi7 Posts: 9
    If you had got
    Ghost rider
    Ghost rider
    Voodoo
    Stark spidey
    Stark spidey

I mean it does happen though. You just don’t see brag posts on the forum. I myself had a really good run over December.
    I got
    Hood
    Hyperion
    Dormammu
    Star lord
    Rogue
    Rocket
    Gambit
    All that month. Then I opened three more when spark was added and got falcon groot and hulk. It is all random, you just don’t see it.

For example. It’s like assuming from lottery adverts that the chances of winning the lottery are 100% because the adverts are only showing winners. In this case usually people only post when they get bad pulls. It’s just a bias that a lot of people don’t understand.

Ive seen pictures of 5* crystal openings with Mephisto, cable, spark. Ive seen one with two star lords. I’ve seen one with a huge range of god tier champs. Just because you hadn’t seen it, doesn’t mean that kabam tamper with the odds.

I don’t stick up for kabam a lot, because I believe a lot of what they do is wrong. But this conspiracy of odd tampering is ridiculous and comes about because people don’t understand probability.

Are you sure that you know the law that it is under the probability in this game? You think that the probability is uniform I don't think so. I don't care about the game. I care about the way in which maths is considered.
    No conspiracy, no bad luck or good luck only thing in this game the way in which rpg works it is more complicated that uniform probability
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I rage quit the game of all the bad pulls i was getting. This game is a pay to win game, if you use money in game then they start to care. But if you don't well forget trying to trying.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    My last 8 five star pull, it started well, then it went down hill a little ...

+ Magneto Red
    + Angela
    + Guillotine
    + Nebula
    + Magneto Red (awaken)
    + Daredevil (NF)
    + Falcon
    + Rogue

I know Angela is awesome, Guillotine & Rogue & Nebula are good, so seems a OKAY start for year 2018. No God tier pull for me yet, but Angela is demi-god, will R3 her soon. Was hoping for Starky, but no luck. I guess I shall be thankful there's no IP, HB, KK, SG, LC in the pull outcome.

I'm surprised out of 78 champs, it has to dup magneto for me ... RNG I guess ... :D
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    If you had got
    Ghost rider
    Ghost rider
    Voodoo
    Stark spidey
    Stark spidey

Facts
  • Options
    I got
    Hood
    Hyperion
    Dormammu
    Star lord
    Rogue
    Rocket
    Gambit

Appreciate the civil response. Glad you had good luck. But a person spinning 5 and getting 2 LC and 2 SIM out of the 5 is not just bad luck. Something is behind it. Just like if someone got 2 GR and 2 Sparky. That would be good luck but crazy unique.
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Its a pay to win game duh.....................
  • Options
    I got
    Hood
    Hyperion
    Dormammu
    Star lord
    Rogue
    Rocket
    Gambit

Appreciate the civil response. Glad you had good luck. But a person spinning 5 and getting 2 LC and 2 SIM out of the 5 is not just bad luck. Something is behind it. Just like if someone got 2 GR and 2 Sparky. That would be good luck but crazy unique.

The thing is.. it is just bad luck. I hope I’m still being civil when I say that the reason you think something is behind it is because you don’t understand or won’t accept the statistics. It is completely within the realm of possibility that you get 2 LC and 2 Sim out of 5. It’s really not that unlikely, especially with the number of players in the game and how many crystals are opened each day.

The odds of this are many many times more likely than winning the lottery but people win the lottery every day. It doesn’t mean that the odds are being tampered with. So do you think that my pulls of 5 champs, (hood, Hyperion, dormamu, star Lord, rogue) was tampered with? It’s very good luck indeed, but by your logic, kabam tampered with my odds. The odds of getting those champs is the exact same as getting 2 LC and 2 Sim and Lady thor.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    chjraxqh47ca.png

Drax was already at r4. Hulk is at r3 about to go to r4 now that I duped him. Oh, and AA!! Life is good.
  • Options
    The thing is.. it is just bad luck. I hope I’m still being civil when I say that the reason you think something is behind it is because you don’t understand or won’t accept the statistics. It is completely within the realm of possibility that you get 2 LC and 2 Sim out of 5. It’s really not that unlikely, especially with the number of players in the game and how many crystals are opened each day.

The odds of this are many many times more likely than winning the lottery but people win the lottery every day. It doesn’t mean that the odds are being tampered with. So do you think that my pulls of 5 champs, (hood, Hyperion, dormamu, star Lord, rogue) was tampered with? It’s very good luck indeed, but by your logic, kabam tampered with my odds. The odds of getting those champs is the exact same as getting 2 LC and 2 Sim and Lady thor.

We just have a difference in our idea of bad luck. I call it a bad algorithm if you have a pool of 60 champs you can pull from but you get duped of 2. Someone can do the math on that but I’ll bet you mathematically, the chances for him to get that was not simply bad luck. Especially when that same “bad luck” happens more frequently than someone pulling GR back to back.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Drax was already at r4. Hulk is at r3 about to go to r4 now that I duped him. Oh, and AA!! Life is good.

@Feeney234, awesome pull my friend!!! Great way to start 2018!!!! Cheers!!!
  • Options
    My response isn’t to you. Also brag posts are higher frequency than sad posts...you’re taking the “many many many brag posts” from a very simple lens. If I see 5 brag posts in a day, I’m not going to attribute that to the entire hundred thousand community that plays this game. Same other way around, if I see 5 sad posts, I won’t attribute that to the entire gaming community. But people trying to debunk because of reddit is pretty funny to me. No need to tell me since you read it on reddit then it must be true.

Cheers mate.
  • Options

We just have a difference in our idea of bad luck. I call it a bad algorithm if you have a pool of 60 champs you can pull from but you get duped of 2. Someone can do the math on that but I’ll bet you mathematically, the chances for him to get that was not simply bad luck. Especially when that same “bad luck” happens more frequently than someone pulling GR back to back.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. How can you definitively say that people pull Luke cage more than ghost rider? Because you see people with Luke cage more often? That is simply because the psychology of people on this forum is to complain, not celebrate or brag. So you see people complain about Luke cage, not celebrate about ghost rider.

In my alliance alone, I look at the 5* pulls and we discuss it, sure there are people who get Luke cage, but a relatively equal amount get ghost rider.

If you call it a bad algorithm to have the possibility of getting two same champions in a row then you are pretty much calling life a bad algorithm. These things happen every day in real life due to chance, the chance to bump into someone you know twice in two days, the chance to roll 2 sixes on a pair of dice, the chance to get a flush in a poker game twice. The algorithm to get 2 of the same item in a row is not a bad one. It is simple life.

Your idea of bad luck is the same as mine, you just aren’t seeing the bigger picture.
  • Options
    ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    Ok ok drop rates for certain champions are higher than others
  • Options
    Zenio wrote: »
    Ok ok drop rates for certain champions are higher than others

There is nothing to suggest that except your own confirmation bias
  • Options
    @BitterSteel Oh my. You compared drops rates to rolling 6 sided dice or getting all same suits in cards (13 of same suit) to this game. And then you compared it to life which is completely random unlike an actual algorithm that can be programmed into a game. I don’t know if I should rest my case or just drop the counter point. Good chat. Enjoy your weekend!
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Essentially it's all luck of the draw my friend. You get great pulls, and you get **** pulls. It happens to everyone. Keep playing!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @BitterSteel Oh my. You compared drops rates to rolling 6 sided dice or getting all same suits in cards (13 of same suit) to this game. And then you compared it to life which is completely random unlike an actual algorithm that can be programmed into a game. I don’t know if I should rest my case or just drop the counter point. Good chat. Enjoy your weekend!

Oh the horror. Well I suppose it could be worse. I could have my tin foil hat jammed on and be spouting conspiracy theories about kabam messing with my drop rates because I’m a little bit upset about my 5* pulls. Enjoy your weekend.
  • Options
    Lol go away. @Hubris_hater

I’m doing just fine. I’m not complaining. I only call out those calling out others who want to voice their emotions. My account is doing very well. Thank you. How are you doing?
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    no one asked but I've pulled iceman, x23, bpog 2x, SIM, Loki, Ant Man on my main account, drax, ant man and groot (nice synergy) on my secondary account, and GR and Magik on my newish third account. And I score enough to get any basic arena champs (and one or two featured if I'm feeling it).That means I can beat most everything with my current stack of 5/50s and 4/55s, so I enjoy playing this game.
    Also somewhat certain that the random number assignment ranges given to characters change everytime there are additions to the pool, so pulling a number between, let's say, 100-200 may have netted you a "Luke Cage" result, but now on another day after adding Champs a pull in the 500-600 range now gets you that "Luke Cage" result. It's not rolling 23 repeatedly on a 60-sided die, but suffice to say over 5 lifetime accounts I've not seen evidence of any "rigging."