**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to Fix Sentry

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
1. Each Reality Warp charge increases the chance for a state to trigger by 14%. This means consistent 100% state procs once at 5 charges - rewards build up time!

2. L1 fury chance changed to 100%. It's a 20% non stacking fury, no reason for it to fail.

3. L2 armor break chance changed to 100%. It's a low armor reduction no reason to make it fail.

4. Regen increased to 15% of base health. Too low currently to warrant saving up to an L3 and expending a reality Warp charge.

5. Optional - Add poison or incinerate immunity. This guy has the power of a million suns, I think his body can resist something!

There you go, Sentry would be a viable and rewarding hero.

Comments

• Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Still not enough imo
  • Options
    I was also thinking that perhaps each Reality Warp charge could give a passive bonus as well, such as attack or maybe +5% power gain rate per charge, but I feel like Kabam wouldn't do that for fear of making him too good. What else would you add?
  • Options
    I think this would be a good way to make the character viable in the ways the devs wanted him to be without making him too strong.
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    I think they worried about making Sentry too OP (because in all reality he should be) and made him too weak instead
  • Options
    I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    They could have him stack 10 reality warps and he’d still suck with that 30% proc chance.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I_ZERO_I wrote: »
    They could have him stack 10 reality warps and he’d still suck with that 30% proc chance.

I think he means like 1 reality warp + 30% =44%. In mcoc there are 2 tipes of % increase theres “Increase by 15%” which would take the existing chance and multiply it by 15%. Then there’s “Gain +15% chance” which takes the existing chance and adds 15% (Such as Quake and HEs ability accuracy synergy)
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I_ZERO_I wrote: »

Aaaand I read this wrong. I read this and it registered as “He’d gain next to no chance from the charges” sorry just completely ignore my last post.
    ...But then it’d take a combo of 360 hits to get that damage
  • Options
    XstasisXstasis Posts: 50
    Kabam will change nothing. They hear our plea to fix this champion while laughing.
  • Options
    sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 240 ★★
    Don't care that much about the regen. I would suggest making him keep the buff effects from a stage he enters not until he reaches the next stage via the combo meter but when the BUFF EFFECTS for that new stage are activated. For example keep the bonus things from overpowering light not untill he enters stedfast approach but untill he gains the buff effects of another state. Also a 4% increase of attack for every reality warp would be good, for a maximum of 20% increase at 5 reality warps.
  • Options
    Don't care that much about the regen. I would suggest making him keep the buff effects from a stage he enters not until he reaches the next stage via the combo meter but when the BUFF EFFECTS for that new stage are activated. For example keep the bonus things from overpowering light not untill he enters stedfast approach but untill he gains the buff effects of another state. Also a 4% increase of attack for every reality warp would be good, for a maximum of 20% increase at 5 reality warps.

That's a great idea as well, that way when you DO manage to proc a state at least you could use the state bonus for longer if the next one didn't proc.
  • Options
    I pulled a five star sentry... with the power on a million suns he sure hits like the moon ... cmon guys ... sentry could easily be a contender in lol and he isn’t even a contender on normal mode on an event quest... please increase his attack and skill level
  • Options
    The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    Sentry is doing a great job at making my Kamala Kahn look good.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Here’s how you fix him:

Have someone competent test the heroes before they are released.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Xstasis wrote: »
    Kabam will change nothing. They hear our plea to fix this champion while laughing.

Their lack of comments so far is apparent
  • Options
    if they intended to buff luke cage from being the bottom of science class they succeded
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Sentry. However, there is already a stickied thread dedicated to this hero. The thread is located HERE.

To help keep the forums more organized, we'll be closing down any duplicate threads on this topic. Please review replies from our Team in the thread linked above, and continue constructive discussion there.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.