**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Underdogs unleashed

This is not beneficial to me in terms of units.. so I give up. All because of mags.. worst style as usual

Comments

• Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Make him bleed. He’s not that hard.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    if you're having problems with mag, i would argue you probably need that 4* crystal.
  • ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    Qwerty wrote: »
    if you're having problems with mag, i would argue you probably need that 4* crystal.

Have almost all abilities in hand... Rarely will think about 4*... Hehehe... May be I ll try with x23...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Thorns barely did any damage on that node lol. Bane was brutal if you took a few ticks of damage
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Kabam isn't even trying to be subtle with their cash-grab fights anymore. Thorns, stun immunity and bane all at once? And then they have the nerve to put "underdogs" in the event title.
    Good lord, kabam.

I spent potions on Mags, but no units or cash. And he's the only fight that gave me a serious challenge. I got way more rewards from the challenge than I spent on it, and I burned practically no energy while doing it, so overall for me this was a net plus.

Too far below my roster strength and skill level, it would be expensive to do. But so is a lot of content in the game.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The only other issue I have with Mags is that you're forced to either bait heavies (take a ton of block damage) or intercept (take thorns damage).

I would be ok with the intercept part if the game would actually be consistent with intercept success rates...
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    Its suppose to be fun and something different. I thought it was great. Sure, magneto was the only challenge, but it wasn’t that tough. Bleed him, poison him and keep trying
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Took me less than 10mins to beat it with 5* SS, 5* SL, 4* Iceman, 4* X23, and 4* Blade.

I know my team was stacked but with the right champs you can smoke it.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    "Underdogs unleashed" more like "underlings unleashed"
  • ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    "Underdogs unleashed" more like "underlings unleashed"

I just gave my opinion. So if possible give some tips or encourage. You don't have any right to put someone down. Stay calm if you don't like it. By the way I didn't complain but gave my opinion on this. I think the core Purpose of this forum is for that purpose only.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Mags is pretty much the hardest in the entire challenge. For me, I easily busted through him since I had 2 R4 5* and 1 R5 5*.

Personally, I think champions who can deal frequent and/or strong damage over time abilities would work well. Champions with high attack work well since they will be able to finish Magneto in fewer hits, or at least deal more damage in fewer hits, which is crucial when it comes to dealing with thorns.
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    Did it with quake(duped), Hyperion(Duped),unduped gp , cap marvel & SW (Duped), Magneto was really brutal, my suggestion Youtube 1st how to fight bane & stash some pots just for him....Also this quest is no way meant for beginners....best part is it takes just 6 energy so you can keep on trying as many times as you can
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    Shevvel wrote: »
    This is not beneficial to me in terms of units.. so I give up. All because of mags.. worst style as usual

Just restart.. its low energy use and only Magneto+nodes is hard.
    I dunno ur team but its doable with r4 and r5 4 star champs.

• darkvadordarkvador Posts: 16
    edited January 2018
    myself, I tried several different teams and I managed to finish it all at once.
    my best team was, Hyperion, Dr. Vodoo, Archangel and black widow to beat Iron Patriot it was they who did a lot of damage.
    I used Dr. Vodoo for kamalakhan and I think there is a Kabam error in the terminal because I was not getting any damage with Dr Vodoo.
    I could finish it very easily
  • Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    wouldnt a power gain champ like hyperion be most effective against magneto, as long as you can dodge his attacks thorns wont be activated? he has incinerate too.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    darkvador wrote: »
    myself, I tried several different teams and I managed to finish it all at once.
    my best team was, Hyperion, Dr. Vodoo, Archangel and black widow to beat Iron Patriot it was they who did a lot of damage.
    I used Dr. Vodoo for kamalakhan and I think there is a Kabam error in the terminal because I was not getting any damage with Dr Vodoo.
    I could finish it very easily

Learn to read nodes and you’ll see why
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Kabam isn't even trying to be subtle with their cash-grab fights anymore. Thorns, stun immunity and bane all at once? And then they have the nerve to put "underdogs" in the event title.
    Good lord, kabam.

Are you serious? What did you want, the suicide node so that when you start the match the enemy kills himself?? Come on it’s not even remotely as challenging as any act 5.1-2-3 boss, yet you guys come and complain.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    The fights are all fairly simple apart from magneto. Just don’t die against any of the others and you can burn 4 champs getting through magneto.
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    Is anyone else thinking this will be the pool of 6 star champs they start with when they become available?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Shevvel wrote: »

You should be able to get through most of the other fights using one champ. I would say keep going until you can get to mags without losing a champ along the way. Save a high dps champ like SL or SW. I found this mags uses his heavy a lot, so you can bait that and time your combo to switch over bane. If you need to, stop a combo short so that you can set up another combo for when bane is about to switch.

If you are using an ability reduction champ like AA, you also have to get lucky along the way, which is why I favor a high dps champ. SW could also proc regen along the way reversing some of that thorns damage.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    wow, a lot of crying for magneto, last month with paths of healig you should collected A LOT of revives and pots.

magneto was though, but not impossible as you says, i didn't spent even 1 unit

why this boss rush don't give us a title?? anyboydy knows?
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    I did it with 4* SL,x23, hulk, GP and 5* storm. Lost 3 champs at mags but easily cleared the others. Make sure you have atleast one healing champ to use in all fights. Zero potions and revives for me.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Given Mags’ low attack, it’s possible to slog through using the old block pro approach: block until he throws his heavy, then swipe in and hit—but minimize the combo to 1-2 because of thorns and keep the degen on him. Bane does your work for you.

Additionally, you can utilize hitting his block to get him to Sp1 and bait it in order to hit him and restart the degen cycle.

Add a couple of boosts and it’s pretty doable even with a limited roster. Also helps to have a champ who can regen (KG, Ultron, etc.).

It’s not especially fun, but not everyone has a R4 awakened SL or Blade who can pummel him in <50 hits. Just grab your lunch pail and use a few pots if needed.

Good luck.

Dr. Zola
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    my 4* Ultron 5/50 sig 99 was the most efficient against Mags! His bleed and regen kept my on top, plus mags has energy damage, so Ultron was getting health/power back every time I took blocking damage!
    I also tried different attackers after the completion against mags to see who else is good (is used x23, iceman, Thor, Hulk, Guilly, Vision, Hype, GP, VD and Magik), they didn't do half as good as Ultron!! Its a one shot kill if played right with Ultron!! I know theres better options, but I don't have those champs!!
    Best of luck!!!!
  • Crossbones is really helpful