**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Relevant offers?

I passed on the discounted uncollected offer (4200 units) because I thought there will be a relevant 5* cards offer.

The cards offer were disappointing and now I missed the 4200 units offer. Please release relevant offers.

Comments

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Queue the canned response" Not every offer will be of interest to every player. While this offer is of no value to you, there are many players that covet this offer."
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I still get a lot of use out of a few of my 4*. They are by no means useless but a lot have lost value. Only good to grind arenas with and to be used in aw. I have 6 rank 4 5*s so 4* champs are still used in my aw D and for quests
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I still get a lot of use out of a few of my 4*. They are by no means useless but a lot have lost value. Only good to grind arenas with and to be used in aw. I have 6 rank 4 5*s so 4* champs are still used in my aw D and for quests

Do uncollected quest. My AA barely procs bleeds, SW barely triggers buffs. Challenger rating has made them useless
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Agree with Hurricant, my 5/50 max sig AA rarely procs bleeds in Uncollected difficulty in comparison to how potent he used to be.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    I am sure 4* are still useful to many players. Not contesting them releasing offers on them but there was no offer for 5* owners and that is a large portion of players right now.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    I could use the 50 dollar one... but it isn't worth 50 bucks at this point. So I'll pass. Nice try kabam
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    It only costed me $2,000 for my 5* Hulk. Pretty reasonable.....
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It only costed me $2,000 for my 5* Hulk. Pretty reasonable.....

Ouch. I felt that in my udders...
  • hurricant wrote: »

Do uncollected quest. My AA barely procs bleeds, SW barely triggers buffs. Challenger rating has made them useless

I don't get this, maybe this forum is mostly end game users with awesome champs and all end game content completed but as a near 300k rated player, I almost exclusively use 4* champs. It definitely has to do with my roster and slow progression because I only have 9 5* champs, 1 is 4/55 and the rest are R1 and R2 whereas I have awesome 4* champs and save for my 4/55 YJ who I use as a Dorm killer in AQ I exclusively use my 4* champs for Act 5, Uncollected monthly event quest, the boss rush challenges etc.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was blazing through Act 5 and Uncollected event quests using duped 4/55 champs as it'd be quicker and easier but I'd rather use my 5/50 GP, AA, Iceman, GR, Magik then a 2/35 Spidey (Classic), Magneto, Cable, Mordo, RR or OML.

While I agree it appears they don't come out very often with a good end game userbase offer, my guess would be this kind of offer is relevant to a larger portion of players?
    Beerows wrote: »
    hurricant wrote: »

I don't get this, maybe this forum is mostly end game users with awesome champs and all end game content completed but as a near 300k rated player, I almost exclusively use 4* champs. It definitely has to do with my roster and slow progression because I only have 9 5* champs, 1 is 4/55 and the rest are R1 and R2 whereas I have awesome 4* champs and save for my 4/55 YJ who I use as a Dorm killer in AQ I exclusively use my 4* champs for Act 5, Uncollected monthly event quest, the boss rush challenges etc.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was blazing through Act 5 and Uncollected event quests using duped 4/55 champs as it'd be quicker and easier but I'd rather use my 5/50 GP, AA, Iceman, GR, Magik then a 2/35 Spidey (Classic), Magneto, Cable, Mordo, RR or OML.

While I agree it appears they don't come out very often with a good end game userbase offer, my guess would be this kind of offer is relevant to a larger portion of players?

I'm not saying the items are bad, I'm saying they are bad NOW. Because Act 5 needs 5* champs to be doable without costing a fortune, and so do uncollected quests since 6* champs are out. If this offer was released 8 months ago before 6* were announced, I may have bought it. But it's overpriced for what it is. They started phasing out 4* champs and now they are trying to sell us resources for them. How about changing all those 4* items to 5* items, and the 5* sig stones to 6* sig stones. Then it will be worth it for $50.
    I'm not saying the items are bad, I'm saying they are bad NOW. Because Act 5 needs 5* champs to be doable without costing a fortune, and so do uncollected quests since 6* champs are out. If this offer was released 8 months ago before 6* were announced, I may have bought it. But it's overpriced for what it is. They started phasing out 4* champs and now they are trying to sell us resources for them. How about changing all those 4* items to 5* items, and the 5* sig stones to 6* sig stones. Then it will be worth it for $50.

I completely agree with you that their offers are outdated, I've thought that for a while now. Even the AW rewards (seasons excluded) and things like gold crystals (2,400), gold from arena battlechips (3,000) and ISO from story quests etc but I see it posted all over the forums here how 4*'s are useless and I disagree. I get they are useless for people who have done everything and have big 4/55 rosters but I'm guessing as a population of the entire MCOC userbase they're still the minority?

The mods or admins have said most content created are still being targeted for 4* champs and some people (myself included) are completing Act 5 and Uncollected events using only 4*'s. While I'm only on 5.4.3 at the moment and will need to 100% 5.2 - 5.4 I don't usually have to spend units, potions or revives except for a few paths: 5.1.6, 5.2.4 and 5.2.6 come to mind for me. I'm guessing that may not be the case when trying to 100% all of Act 5 but maybe by then I'll have some good 5* champs?

Please don't take my discussion as a pro buy this offer, people will make up their own mind if it's worth it to them based on where ever they are in the game. In the end I wish these offers were a little more up to date with the content and resources needed in the game.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    A lot of hyperbole gets through around when discussing 4* vs 5* vs 6*, but the presence of 6* and the relative ease it is to get a 4* duped via arenas and/or acquisition of shards compared to 2 years ago does make a $50 offer to dupe a 4* seem a little out of touch, to put it mildly.

It should be updated to a 5* at that price, at the very least.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    At half the price it would be an amazing deal
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yeah for players that are far along the only thing of value are the 5* sig crystals and they are NOT worth $2 a piece. I have 4 generic awakening gems. Can't afford to waste the very rare T1A's required to rank 4* champs
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Even the “Daily Special” is so outdated with a 4* as top rewards. I don’t understand why don’t they have an up to date one. Advanced players spend more.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★

I use my 4* Iceman and Gwenpool every uncollected. They aren't useless. Granted, I do use my r4 5* mostly but my 4* still dont die in uncollected usually. OP 4* will be useful for at least another 6 months, probably longer.
    How about changing all those 4* items to 5* items, and the 5* sig stones to 6* sig stones. Then it will be worth it for $50.

That's easy to do. All you have to do is convince them to jump immediately to releasing 7* champs.

Anyone who thinks that's a snarky remark hasn't been paying attention. This kind of push for making 5* champions and their associated resources easier to get is what led to the release of 6* champions. We will always have a top of the game that is hard to get, expensive to buy, and difficult to rank up. It was 4* champs, then it was 5* champs, and now it is 6* champs. I don't honestly believe Kabam will listen to people already begging for 4* stuff to be practically given away as worthless and 5* stuff to be as easy to get as 4* used to be, but it is essentially guaranteed that *if* they make 5* and 6* stuff comparable to what 4* and 5* stuff used to be, it will only be because they will be releasing something higher than 6*.

That's what people are begging for when they make these requests. They may not think they are, but they are.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    With that exact same argument, you can't release the same 'deal' for 4* at the same price point from back when 5* WAS the highest tier, when 6* are now the upper end, and not expect a negative reaction.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    How about changing all those 4* items to 5* items, and the 5* sig stones to 6* sig stones. Then it will be worth it for $50.

That's easy to do. All you have to do is convince them to jump immediately to releasing 7* champs.

Anyone who thinks that's a snarky remark hasn't been paying attention. This kind of push for making 5* champions and their associated resources easier to get is what led to the release of 6* champions. We will always have a top of the game that is hard to get, expensive to buy, and difficult to rank up. It was 4* champs, then it was 5* champs, and now it is 6* champs. I don't honestly believe Kabam will listen to people already begging for 4* stuff to be practically given away as worthless and 5* stuff to be as easy to get as 4* used to be, but it is essentially guaranteed that *if* they make 5* and 6* stuff comparable to what 4* and 5* stuff used to be, it will only be because they will be releasing something higher than 6*.

That's what people are begging for when they make these requests. They may not think they are, but they are.

Which is why they will always be behind the curve. They release offers for items that are used for champs that are on their way out. Like I said in an earlier comment, "There's will be a 5* generic gem offer in 2 years for the first time, when 7* champs are released and 5* champs are useless, just like 4* champs are now with 6* champs being out."
    Which is why they will always be behind the curve.

That's one way to put it. But frankly, this particular curve they are behind is generally called good game design. I know "good" is a subjective term, so the objective way to describe this is that games far ahead of this curve tend to suffer from a sudden deficit of existence.