**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Better Odds of getting a good 5 star?

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Which 5 star Crystal has better odds of getting a god tier/ demi god tier champion and is more worth it? Please give reasons as to why because I need to find out which one to get.

Better Odds of getting a good 5 star? 49 votes

5 star Basic Crystal
46%
Vdh2008Alfa_PigeonCorpsmanhoboadqqedfyvrbeyonder8421Time4ASpankingTeddersFrodoT_Baggins1haunted_memoryzero7DOKTOROKTOPUSGeneralDCIsog1Drewbe14KyleMExspellies133ElitehunterBahamutTheHoodedDormammu 23 votes
5 star Featured Crystal
44%
DL864BigMoAxeCopFireDanicb94SIlverProfessorSuperman69HazerfaceMasterTroller42ChitlinsLambertKestrellenameplasRedRoosterRCunhaSpiritOfVengeanceBreybreyTom3579Nemesis666G0311KillerBee_sama 22 votes
Save for the new featured crystal
8%
ck87__ASDF_Starscean98DanielSpector 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    5 star Basic Crystal
    5 stars are the new 4 stars. Why do we need 4 stars? to get 5 star shards. So we need 6 star shards.
    In order to get 6 star shards you have to dupe a champ. To always get shards, you need more champs. Featured champs will be added to the basic crystal anyway (in 3 months), so you can always go for those when they are added.

I should say that the new featured crystal will probably make new champions more available than current featured, so more than often you would get a new champion. Problem is, they are new, not necessarily good. And for those extra shards, I would rather have more 5 stars awakened.
  • Options
    Which 5 star Crystal has better odds of getting a god tier/ demi god tier champion and is more worth it? Please give reasons as to why because I need to find out which one to get.

If you consider the current featured champion "god tier" then in general the current featured 5* crystal gives you the best odds. But once they get phased out the question of which crystal is better depends on the contents of the new featured verses the basic. Everyone's definition of "god tier" is different, but a rough guestimate is that the new featured probably needs at least four "god tier" champs to be a better value than the basic crystal. The first one coming up won't have that many by most people's estimation.

If you are looking for god tier champs, you should save and shoot for Blade when it returns at the end of the month. After that, you should probably open basic crystals unless you have the patience to save up for the second 5* new featured crystal that will debut around May, although we don't know yet what will be in that crystal.
  • Options
    Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    5 star Basic Crystal
    rat23zk5b3jn.jpg

Even though you have a flat 4% chance at heros in the new featured crystal, the champions just aren't good enough to make it worth it. the best champs are in the basic crystal right now. Even though the odds to get a god tier are slim, at least they are there.
  • Options
    5 star Basic Crystal
    in the current 5 star basic, you have like a 7.8% chance at a god tier champ, but there are some other decent champs in there that makes the percentage of getting something nice a bit higher
  • Options
    5 star Basic Crystal
    in the current 5 star basic, you have like a 7.8% chance at a god tier champ, but there are some other decent champs in there that makes the percentage of getting something nice a bit higher

thx for the info!
  • Options
    5 star Basic Crystal
    The new Featured Crystal’s contents are bad, especially when you consider 33% of the champions are available as 6-stars.

so the basic is better to get right?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    5 star Basic Crystal
    The new Featured Crystal’s contents are bad, especially when you consider 33% of the champions are available as 6-stars.

My vote is for the Blade Featured Crystal.

As of tommorrow, blade will be in the basic crystal. you won't have an increased chance at getting him, but he'll be in there and you are spending 5000 less shards. If blade isn't your goal, the basic is definitely better
  • Options
    silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    love this guys handle^
  • Options

My vote is for the Blade Featured Crystal.

As of tommorrow, blade will be in the basic crystal. you won't have an increased chance at getting him, but he'll be in there and you are spending 5000 less shards. If blade isn't your goal, the basic is definitely better

The math gets complicated for complicated scenarios, but if we simplify the situation into "want" and "don't want" then the question of which crystal to buy comes down to this: if the current featured champion is not one you want, then of course buy the basic. But if the current featured is one you want, then the question of whether to buy the more expensive featured or buy more basics depends on how many of the basic champions fall into the "want" category. If at least two out of every seven are "want" then buy basics. If less than two out of every seven are "want" then buy featured. This rule only works up to the Blade featured. The math for the newer featured crystal will be different.

That's if you are willing to play the mathematical odds. If it would be psychologically devastating to buy the featured crystals and then not pull the featured, buy basics regardless of the odds.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    5 star Featured Crystal
    In my experience, the featured has always give me the best results, last one i opened 2 and got mordo and dormamu, before that opened 4 got 2 of the featured plus iceman and electra, whiles my regular crystals have got me Kamal Khan Black Panther, king groot, venompool, and beast.
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    5 star Featured Crystal
    This is a time sensitive poll, from now until the end of the Blade crystal starting on the 22nd of Feb, the answer is 5* Featured.

After that, I would say the 5* Basic. There is probably an equal ratio of good to bad champs from the new featured and the basic. The basic doesn't cost a 50% premium though.