Get a Free 3-6 Star Baron Zemo this Week!

Log in to the Summoner's Market at https://store.playcontestofchampions.com/ and claim the Baron Zemo Selector between 10am PT November 24 and 10am PT on December 1st.

Proven and Below: 3-Star
Conqueror/Uncollected: 4-Star
Cavalier/Thronebreaker: 5-Star
Paragon/Valiant: 6-Star

You can only claim this Baron Zemo one time. The Baron Zemo is delivered as a selector, claiming it will require you to choose your rarity immediately. If you plan to change your Progression level during the Cyber Week event, we suggest you wait until you have made that change before claiming this selector.
Due to issue with the "Not Another Anime Reference" Solo Event, we will be disabling the event for the time being. We will return the event at a future date when the issues have been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.
**BANQUET EVENT PSA**
To fully participate in the upcoming Banquet's Alliance Event you will need to be in your alliance for 14 days prior to the event's start date on December 20th. That means, stay in your alliance from December 6th onwards to enjoy all there is to offer in the Banquet event.

“just DON’T do modok’s lab” advice kinda misses the problem

123457»

Comments

  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i was commenting on the part i quoted.
    saying something is easy because you can clear it with 4* champs is wrong because clearing it doesn't necesarily mean is easy.

    an elite player defeated rol ws with a 3* starlord. does that make rol ws an easy fight because someone cleared it with a 3* ? no?

    Ahh so by that logic just because you(or someone else) can't beat it with a 5 doesn't make it hard.
    Same thing right?
    Also rol ws is an easy fight
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Alright, that's about enough. I see what you're doing. The bottom line that the OP and I have is people need to speak for themselves and not tell other people what their problem is when they're trying to communicate it. If someone comes on and asks for help, that's one thing. When people are giving feedback on the Event and have to go through a gauntlet of people telling them they're not good enough, they need to get better, it's not for everyone, they don't have to do it, etc., then it just discredits what they're trying to say. If I was to put it bluntly, people are responsible for their own concerns. Not the concerns of others.

    If people are responsible for their own concerns then why do you feel the need to interject on their behalf of anyone elses ?.

    Bottom line is if you can't do this challenge or its costing a lot of resources then font do it, your not being forced. Wait for the challenge that suits your progression. I wasn't able to do the original coulson challenge but I didn't come crying to the forum, I did what I could an get better at the game an better an stronger champs ready for the next one.

    I'm speaking for myself because I agree with the OP. I shared the same concerns in the main Thread, and was met with the same comments. I agree with the OP. We don't need people to tell us what they think we need. Frankly, people don't know what I can and cannot do. Saying we don't have to do it is absolutely useless. We don't need someone to criticize our point of view or pass judgment. All we need is to state our own point of view without being met with condescending opposition.

    Yet you criticize others for having an opposing view to your own. If you can't beat content then you are not not good enough, it can't get any simpler than that. That's not being negative or whatever else you think it's just the cold hard facts.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 35,504 ★★★★★
    Those aren't the facts at all. I can beat the content. Nor is it fair to say of anyone that has a hard time. If you actually took the time to read what my issue was, it wasn't that it was unbeatable at all. That's precisely the ignorance that we are discussing. Let people speak their mind. If you don't have an issue, great. Others do. The game team will decide what to look at. This **** happens too much on the Forum. People just live to shoot others down. It's disrespectful, and it is not helping anyone to reduce someone's concerns to "You're not good enough.". Who ordained you qualified to make that judgment? What is it you're getting out of that? Are you worried they might hear people and take it down a notch next time? Do you feel superior when you belittle others? Are you just arguing because people have a problem with something? Why people have to pick apart others is beyond me. The problem is it's not even respective to what is being said, and most of the time people don't even hear the complaints. They've just made their own minds up about the problem and have the answer. "Good news guys. There's no problem. We don't have to waste time thinking our opinions and findings matter. We're just not good enough. Better go Git Gud.". Lol.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Those aren't the facts at all. I can beat the content. Nor is it fair to say of anyone that has a hard time. If you actually took the time to read what my issue was, it wasn't that it was unbeatable at all. That's precisely the ignorance that we are discussing. Let people speak their mind. If you don't have an issue, great. Others do. The game team will decide what to look at. This **** happens too much on the Forum. People just live to shoot others down. It's disrespectful, and it is not helping anyone to reduce someone's concerns to "You're not good enough.". Who ordained you qualified to make that judgment? What is it you're getting out of that? Are you worried they might hear people and take it down a notch next time? Do you feel superior when you belittle others? Are you just arguing because people have a problem with something? Why people have to pick apart others is beyond me. The problem is it's not even respective to what is being said, and most of the time people don't even hear the complaints. They've just made their own minds up about the problem and have the answer. "Good news guys. There's no problem. We don't have to waste time thinking our opinions and findings matter. We're just not good enough. Better go Git Gud.". Lol.

    I've read what you said an also read many contradictions in it all.

    If people can beat the contents but are having a hard time an using loads of resources or units then guess what your not ready or good enough to be doing it. If that hurts your delicate feelings then that's on you.

    I think your the one who comes to the forum to try and feel superior. Over 6.5k posts an the majority of them arguments an telling people they are wrong an everything you say is how it should be, the ego
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 35,504 ★★★★★
    That may be your own interpretation, but that's not the point I was making at all. I don't "tell people they're wrong". Could care less how many Posts I have. It's a number. Perhaps if you didn't have a personal view on me, we could discuss the actual topic without bias. Don't think that's possible considering you take it there everytime. Oh well.
  • hellgoalhellgoal Posts: 22
    With this logic everyone should clear act5 100% and LOL the first day without any problem
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    That may be your own interpretation, but that's not the point I was making at all. I don't "tell people they're wrong". Could care less how many Posts I have. It's a number. Perhaps if you didn't have a personal view on me, we could discuss the actual topic without bias. Don't think that's possible considering you take it there everytime. Oh well.

    An the stuff your spouting out is your interpretation. See how that works
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 35,504 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    That may be your own interpretation, but that's not the point I was making at all. I don't "tell people they're wrong". Could care less how many Posts I have. It's a number. Perhaps if you didn't have a personal view on me, we could discuss the actual topic without bias. Don't think that's possible considering you take it there everytime. Oh well.

    An the stuff your spouting out is your interpretation. See how that works

    It doesn't work at all. You have people bringing up an issue, and others picking their problems apart. If you're going to dissect my points, at least have the decency to read what I'm saying clearly. Otherwise you're iteracting with your own thoughts.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    That may be your own interpretation, but that's not the point I was making at all. I don't "tell people they're wrong". Could care less how many Posts I have. It's a number. Perhaps if you didn't have a personal view on me, we could discuss the actual topic without bias. Don't think that's possible considering you take it there everytime. Oh well.

    An the stuff your spouting out is your interpretation. See how that works

    It doesn't work at all. You have people bringing up an issue, and others picking their problems apart. If you're going to dissect my points, at least have the decency to read what I'm saying clearly. Otherwise you're iteracting with your own thoughts.

    Of course it does, your giving your interpretation of one side then I an others are giving our interpretation of our side.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 35,504 ★★★★★
    No. You're telling people what their own experience is. There's a difference. You can't speak for someone else's thoughts and feelings. There is a difference between saying you don't find it hard, and telling other people they're just not good enough. You can't speak for other people, and when someone voices a concern, they have the right to do that without being persecuted.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    No. You're telling people what their own experience is. There's a difference. You can't speak for someone else's thoughts and feelings. There is a difference between saying you don't find it hard, and telling other people they're just not good enough. You can't speak for other people, and when someone voices a concern, they have the right to do that without being persecuted.

    But that's excalty what your doing
  • Kynny wrote: »
    Kynny wrote: »

    You say progression alot the quest progressed you since last time. Is it kabam fault you didnt?
    Nope not at all.

    Just like players need progression so dies difficulty

    Why are you just assuming I didn’t? There are a lot of people who have progressed significantly but can’t cover the leap of difficulty that this event presents. Modoks lab is also more difficult in that you have absolutely no way to prepare since you don’t know what you’ll be getting. Also instead of blaming the person for being weak, did you consider that maybe it’s on kabam for increasing the difficulty without scaling the rewards with it?

    As players progress, they move up tiers. The tiers themselves reflect progression via their level (medium, hard, expert, etc.) but the tiers themselves have always remained constant with expert capping at 25k for most months. No one expected the difficulty to go up to 30k and what this did is people at the bottom of the expert bracket who used to qualify for that tiers rewards can’t anymore. Are you saying those people who qualified for the expert tier rewards should just be satisfied with hard level rewards which heavily impede their progression needs? Is it any surprise these people are upset?

    If this was about progression, a better way to accomodate end game players with more challenge is to create a new uncollected or master tier... Not make expert more exclusive at the expense of those who need expert tier rewards the most (in the sense that it will make the biggest difference for them)

    The leap dude it's not even a noticed difference to alot of plAyers I feel they should make it harder..
    I've done all no items with my main acct and like 7 with r4 4 stars on my alt.. sorry but if an r4 4 can beat content it's not hard

    It’s perspective bro

    My team is 28k. That 25k to 30k leap is huge. For an end game person with a 40k team, that 25k to 30k leap doesn’t register at all.

    However, the issue is in how kabam handled this. kabam clumped all late and mid tier players into one bracket, pushing a lot of people in the 23k -28k range down a bracket. The rewards for which are not helpful to them at all. The content isn’t hard for you? That’s great! But most people would agree this was handled poorly by kabam and they are still unable to get rewards because of it.

    And yes, this time around, kabam is partly responsible for people losing in expert. Not just because people failed to bring a power control champ for hyperion or can’t intercept to save their lives.





  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Man the guys who think MODOK's lab is reasonable would do LOL for 200 five star shards
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    If you had a system where people higher up made larger gains than those below them, no one would grow, and the top would secure its position infinitely. I can see how that would seem appealing, but it would be an unfair system. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones playing, and everyone matters. The ones that need the Resources from these Events the most are in a lower demographic.

    How long have you been playing this game. There’s no “if people higher up could secure their position” that’s exactly how it works.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 332 ★★
    Would it be wrong to say it’s not so much the champs that are the issue, but the luck of the RNG draw?

    I can see where people are pointing out it could be difficult...degen, starburst, and slashed tires nodes all on one champ could make anyone think “well...that is something...” even wth the reroll, some luck out, others are given a worse dumpster fire.

    Personally I haven’t touched the modok lab in a while just because with the other content the game is offering. (And slowly backing away due to being stretched thin over a mobile f2p)

    It all comes down to...if you want more resources from the game (crystal/catalyst shards) don’t be surprised if you run into those harder than normal nodes all at once. Accepting that makes the game slightly less annoying.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Challenge is fun.

    If you don't want challenge, don't do Expert MODOK's lab.

    It's really that simple.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    It has been said time and time again (by mods and mini-mods) that the main purpose of this forum is for the players to talk to each other. When only a single fight’s difficulty is increased, I wouldn’t say that’s “unfair” or “unjust” or anything similar. They also decreased the amount of times to run it, so players won’t feel the grind (or the item use if necessary) as much this go-around.

    If a player cannot complete a map, they either need to progress their roster or fighting ability or they can use items either stocked or purchased. Or they can choose to not complete it. These are our options. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but that doesn’t mean that those opinions are correct. If the OP had said it was “annoying” or “frustrating” or complained about the value of completing it, I would understand (though not agree). Calling it “unfair” is not correct as every single player is presented with the same challenge every 12 hours with some champ randomization thrown in.

    Plus the words “fair” and “unfair” are trigger words for many of us who believe there is an abundance of entitlement (not self-respect) today. So that’s a personal fault that I own up to 😉
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The rewards are 15K and 1/2 of a T2A for players with the rosters to do it, it’s worth it to them. As one player said these fights are 40 hits with his 4/55 Stark Spidey (That’s easy IMO)

    For the players who don’t have 4/55s mainly because of RNG, inconsistent alliance play or bad luck They may have a roster of 4/40s and a few 5/50s.

    The rewards for them are 4500 4* shards, and 3k 5* Shards and one T4B if they do the all of the lower fights for 30 days. No T1A, no T4 class Catalyst (not even T3cc)

    You can get 16K 5* shards and 800 6* from doing the 5* arena with less difficult fights during the same month.

    Yet the Super Skilled commenters with 30 and 40 5* Champs can’t seem to understand why players with smaller rosters are saying that at this difficulty their time is better spent else where. Yet in different post they go on and on about how 4* Champs are still great for clearing Expert content.

    Gotta love the clown that said I can do it with my r4 4* champs. As if everyone has the time to hit the computer 10x, bait out special, evade 15-20 times for each of the 12 fights on expert. Grind the arena for gold, do AQ, AW, monthly event quest and story quest to become uncollected.

    Nope they can’t remotely understand what other players are talking about. People who lack the ability to empahize are categorized as Sociopaths.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I love this challenge because fighting difficult nodes is so much better then grinding uncollected. To me it’s not a bore because I would rather do this versus the monthly event quest. If it’s a chore to some to do it every day then just do it when you can. That’s not putting anyone down. It’s just time management advice. You can get more rewards for putting more time into this game. That’s how a lot of the rewards systems are like arena. This game rewards people who put more time in and people who spend money. You get rewards based on the time you put in.

    I don’t see how telling someone they aren’t ready for content if they are struggling with is considered putting them down. When you first start the game, you aren’t ready for uncollected difficulties or LOL paths. Telling someone they aren’t ready is just saying, hey spend your time elsewhere until you are ready to take on harder content. You always have to work your way up.

    And not all content is meant for everyone at this moment in time. Someone new to the game can’t run uncollected and therefore they aren’t meant to do that content YET. If you struggle with content or don’t have the time to run it then it’s just not for you to do based on either skill, roster, activity isn’t the game. There’s a lot of different factors why some content isn’t meant to be played just yet by a player. If you struggle with logging on and doing this event twice a day then just do it when you can
  • Hey everyone -

    I'm shutting this thread down. It quickly escalated into an endless circle of arguing with fingers being pointed in every direction. Everyone has a right to their opinion even if you disagree, and though you are allowed to tell them you do: please do so constructively and without the endless statement of falling on "You're wrong". An opinion is neither right or wrong, they are someone's personal thoughts and views on a situation. One that should be respected in conversation and not baited into an argument.
This discussion has been closed.