“just DON’T do modok’s lab” advice kinda misses the problem

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    For future reference, your TLDR should be shorter than your original comment.

And there’s nothing else to really add. They changed the difficulty of only the last fight of each map. They reduced the grind by making it 12 hours instead of 8. Rewards were not increased, but 500 available 5* shards each day is still a pretty big number. You’re acting like our comments are the problem, but there is really nothing to comment on. @GroundedWisdom are you suggesting that Kabam messed up and either increased difficulty too much or should have increased the rewards?

The basis is that Kabam set a precedent but that doesn’t always mean the next version will be equal. This is a different event occurring months later.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i'd like to see an event like that

I think it is a fantastic idea....
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    As i said earlier..... i cannot do it everytime..... sometimes i can sometimes i cant..... yeah wen i find it hard i dont think rewards are worth spending a revive on.... but you know wat... i exit.... move along and come back and try again next time and hope i get better champs/buffs....
    Its hard.... who cares....
    last time was easier... so what....
    You know what.... i need to get better to be able to do it... not have kabam make it easier for me....

So @GroundedWisdom wat about side C ???? People like me... who find it hard.... deal with it and agree i need to get better and or get better champs to do
    It...

All i hear is please give me alot of rewards for a little effort....

That last line is exactly the problem here. Those words are coming from your own mind. Not once did I read someone say that in a comment on the subject. People don't want something for nothing. They want to be able to communicate the fact that they find it went too far without being belittled by people who don't have an issue.

U did not read wat i said.... i never said “something for nothing”.... you misread and therefore mis replied to my statement.
    edited March 2018
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    All i hear is please give me alot of rewards for a little effort....
    the problem is you and others are hearing wrong.
    i admit i also missed the point at first, but i pointed it out later:
    what you should be hearing is "please give me a lot of rewards for a lot of effort"

since later on i realized the OP was saying the difficulty went up but the rewards didn't, and was asking for BOTH of them to increase.

I can see where you are coming from....
    But i still also fail to see the problem....
    It is what it is in my opinion...

I see it as if i can do it with no revives then great the rewards are worth the effort.
    If i cant and need a revive the rewards are not worth it and i will not yse a revive....
    Sometimes it is really easy ie i can solo it with one champ.....
    Othertimes it is hard and i cant get past 2 ir 3 fights....
    rewards are worth it on the easy times... not worth it on the hard times... so if its easy i do it... if its hard i dont...
    And i am fine with that...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    I literally give up. You can't get through to people who think they have it all figured out already.
    I literally give up. You can't get through to people who think they have it all figured out already.

Ditto
    CoquiFongo wrote: »

Pot meet kettle, kettle meet the burned out pot.

Jumping in to make comments about me isn't really new, or effective. It gets old after the first few times of you doing it. Either way, I could care less.
  • SteelheadSteelhead Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2018
    Post deleted.

Ditto

It wasn't directed at you or anyone specific, really. I'm just out of patience. This is the problem. Communication is going around in circles because people are trying to bring up an issue, and others keep trying to shut their experience down. If others don't have a problem with it, great. Step aside and let people communicate their own issues. It just turns into razzing people who have valid concerns, and it's not cool.
    edited March 2018
    I am merely trying to put my point of view across amd how i feel about it just as the op did with theirs.... yes mine differs from theirs.... but i still have he right to voice my opinion and suggest that others follow suit and attmept to see it and deal with it as i do.... if only those who saw things from one side of the fence commented then there would bever be any discussion. Things would never happen in the best way... things would only happen in the way that someone originally voiced their opinion as there would be no counter, noone to offer better suggestions.
    This is an open forum where everyone has a right to voice thier own opinion not just the select few that have a shared opinion.

And my comment ditto was merley showing that just as you are frustrated about how people see it different to you others feel the same from the otherside of the fence....
    It is a matter of opinion and open to intepreation not a black and white fact.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Member Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah dunno what’s hard to grasp about not everyone is good enough or has a good enough roster to handle all content. I’m not really ready to explore LOL but I have no problem with the master modok quests but I’m not crying that guys have ran LOL and benefited. Personally I would love to see a higher level of difficulty on modok as that’s where I’m at in the game and want content that pushes me to my limit, if I wasn’t good enough for that it would be something to work towards. I also made a concerted effort to get exploration on act5 so having a r5 champ definitely helps so maybe that’s what players who “aren’t there yet” should focus on.
    I am merely trying to put my point of view across amd how i feel about it just as the op did with theirs.... yes mine differs from theirs.... but i still have he right to voice my opinion and suggest that others follow suit and attmept to see it and deal with it as i do.... if only those who saw things from one side of the fence commented then there would bever be any discussion. Things would never happen in the best way... things would only happen in the way that someone originally voiced their opinion as there would be no counter, noone to offer better suggestions.
    This is an open forum where everyone has a right to voice thier own opinion not just the select few that have a shared opinion.

And my comment ditto was merley showing that just as you are frustrated about how people see it different to you others feel the same from the otherside of the fence....
    It is a matter of opinion and open to intepreation not a black and white fact.

Someone can voice their opinion without having to put down the other person. The whole point of the Thread isn't that people disagree. It's that their way of communicating that is disingenuous towards people bringing up their concerns. "Don't do it. Get better. You just want free Rewards. It's supposed to be hard. etc). These responses are not just disagreeing. They're devaluing someone else's experience. That's what the OP is saying in this Thread. Not that people have to agree. It's very easy to say we don't agree that it's amped up too much, without passing judgment and offering unsolicited advice based on what we think the problem is. To someone that is trying to communicate what they're having an issue with, it's very condescending and comes off as ignorant.
    @GroundedWisdom but my opinion is that it is meant to be hard and that those like me who struggle on it need to get better.....
    I am not devaluing anyone....
    I struggle on it sometimes.... if i was better i wouldnt.... simple...
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I think the intent of the Modok difficulty is to mimic various buffs/debuffs you face in Act 5. The first time we saw these, it felt more like Act 5.2. Now it feels more like 5.4.

I really do love the challenge, I just hate all of the coordination needed to run this twice per day. Every day. So I don't. But in the process, I do feel mad that I am "falling behind" because I can't run it as often as others.

This feels like Kabam is catering more to the more serious players at the expense of the casual ones. I know others have more flexibility (time, resources, champs, etc) and this wouldn't be a problem for them.
    edited March 2018
    That may be how you feel, but that doesn't mean every topic of how difficult something is means people need to get better. You may feel that way. Others don't. Some feel that it was increased too much to be worth the daily motivation. Those people have every right to be heard just as much as you, and should be able to do so without being told to get better.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

Lol. Thank you, wise one. Your words are incredibly helpful. Except not.
    No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.

How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.

That's not truth. It's a jaded assumption based on arrogance and a personal opinion.
    It is also not helping anyone.

And how, exactly, are you helping anyone?
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.

How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.

That's not truth. It's a jaded assumption based on arrogance and a personal opinion.

By helping them be heard.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

By helping them be heard.

What a soldier
  • KynnyKynny Member Posts: 104
    That may be how you feel, but that doesn't mean every topic of how difficult something is means people need to get better. You may feel that way. Others don't. Some feel that it was increased too much to be worth the daily motivation. Those people have every right to be heard just as much as you, and should be able to do so without being told to get better.

How do you solve content being hard? Correct you get better whining content is hard will not help you in any way
    Hang on ..... so @GroundedWisdom correct me if i am wrong.....
    If the rewards were more and they still couldnt do it then could we say get better?????
    Cus at some point in everygame there should always be a level of content out if reach.... for some tis is that.... if the rewards are **** that is a different thing.....
    That is increase the rewards.... not make it easier.....
    Which still means those who cant do it need to get better...the difference being the rewards would make it worth whaling out and buying revives to complete it instead of getting better
    Yeah this is going nowhere. Only one way to see it for some. Peace out.

If there was 3 higher tiers of difficulty would you feel that everyone should be able to complete those as well ? Straight up this content is a cakewalk to majority of guys with a 5/65 and a few 4/55 champs so while you seem to think the difficulty is overkill I’m having re roll cubes and revives expire in stash and would welcome a higher difficulty. Easy content like BP trials has spoiled lower tier players that now feel entitled to easy daily 5* rewards.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Member Posts: 683 ★★★

Pot meet kettle, kettle meet the burned out pot.

Jumping in to make comments about me isn't really new, or effective. It gets old after the first few times of you doing it. Either way, I could care less.

Sigh. I’m not “jumping in, I’m showcasing a fallacy in an argument that does not pertain to the discussion. IE you’re spouting the same trash your against.

To stay on topic, yet again, the difficulty has not increased in my opinion. I ride the struggle bus the same now as I did when modok first came out. And I’m the same crappy player now, as I was then. So I’m confused as to the reason for all of this.

But Kabam stated that they increased the difficulty
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Member Posts: 214
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Jac094 wrote: »
    I don't think that's unfair.. 15/20 minutes per day.. no energy costs.. free stuffs.. like it..

15/20 minutes per day, that's a lot of time for a measly 200 shards man.

If you do both Hard and Expert twice a day, it's 500 shards at no energy cost. It's worth it.

You are only seeing it one way yourself.... you are seeing it the way you view it.... if you were able to see it multiple ways you would understand and not be picking on everyone who thinks differently.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Member Posts: 239 ★★
    If it's that bad then so many people will stop playing it that they will stop putting it out... running aq and alliance war each day runs me about maybe an hour on the game... I spend no time at all playing the lab because 1. The degen nodes are just stupid 2. My champs aren't strong enough yet to last through a fight with said degen and 3. i need my gold to get my champions to the level of handling that stuff and every single time I go through every randomizer before fight 4... but when it cam to trials of the infinite and the valor quests and the rockets scrap shop my time in the game ticked up to anywhere between 2-5 hours a day on the game... time playing has a direct correlation with money spent so if people stop playing then kabam will notice and will stop with the practice..
    There is no multiple ways. People are sharing what they think and feel, and others are arguing that they're wrong. Let people speak for themselves. If you don't have a problem with it, fine. All these statements are just arbitrary. You don't have to do it, you're not ready, it's not for everyone, the Rewards are worth it, etc. It's great you feel that way but people are speaking for themselves. Not for those who don't have a problem with it. The Energy cost and the cumulative Rewards don't matter when the difficulty is a chore to go through twice a day. It's not hard for you, great. There are people in the game that have no issue with anything. That's not a justification to make these things more and more challenging for everyone else, with an increase of a few Frags and Shards. There is a line between making it an adequate challenge to do everyday, and taking the enjoyment and motivation out of it for a large number of people. It's not a question of being able to do it or not. It's doable. That doesn't mean the increase in difficulty is reasonable for something to be done every 12 hours. 12-20k Champs, a variety of Buffs that make them much harder, a 30k 6* Boss, and a dependency on decent RNG. Add one try per Entry, and a time limit of 12 hours to accumulate Resources if needed. With everything else going on in the month, and the individual Rewards being much less than the total, that leaves the most motivated being those who can go through without any trouble, and that's an incredibly small and unreasonable number of people to justify that it's as it should be. It's a bit much, and that's what people are trying to say. All everyone else is doing is arguing their point of view. You can't tell others that their thoughts and feelings aren't valid based on your own thoughts and feelings. Each person is speaking from their own experience.
    Is nice to see some stretches where higher level players get to make larger gains than those below them. Kabam is making 5* daily quests a more regular thing, some have been harder than others if you can’t do it for free then spend money, pretty sure that’s the idea. Most of the guys I play with that fall behind on content waste their units on GMCs. My suggestion to those struggling is to use your resources on Act5 exploration rewards because the guys that did don’t have any problem with this quest difficulty.
  • KynnyKynny Member Posts: 104
    You can't tell others that their thoughts and feelings aren't valid based on your own thoughts and feelings. Each person is speaking from their own experience.
    Isnt.that exactly what you are doing to us ? We're speaking from experience and your telling us our thoughts and feelings arent.valid here..

Hypocrisy
    If you had a system where people higher up made larger gains than those below them, no one would grow, and the top would secure its position infinitely. I can see how that would seem appealing, but it would be an unfair system. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones playing, and everyone matters. The ones that need the Resources from these Events the most are in a lower demographic.
This discussion has been closed.