**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

“just DON’T do modok’s lab” advice kinda misses the problem

Comments

• Options
    KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Dude, what’s your problem?! It’s SUPPOSED to be HARD!!!!
    and who says it's supposed to be hard?

They should make it harder
    Expert is.beyond *hard*
    So the game indicates it should be. Harder then hard

s23w1j5n92yr.png
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The way I’m reading it, they are arguing that similar content re-released at a later date should not have a higher difficulty than the original. I don’t know why someone would take this stance. As far as I can tell, there would be significantly less complaining if they called it “Sentinel’s Lab” this time because it wouldn’t be the same.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Snowflake alert!
  • Options
    yeah, like the "hard" difficulty in the women's day event, right?

or the "hard" difficulty in the proving grounds

So all content should be a joke cause they made one event waaaay to easy?
    Sorry but most people play games for a challenge not so they can sleep thru content on autoplay and.collect a participation trophy
  • Options
    There is NO problem!

raising the difficulty without scaling the rewards with associated with is a problem. Maybe not to you but to a lot of people out there
    Things can’t be made easy for all type of player otherwise it will be full of 1* champs being one popped in 2 seconds.

I’m not asking for things to be easy, that would ruin the fun. I’m asking for consistency and for rewards to be worth the effort for everyone by making it relative to the difficulty.
    It’s supposed to be challenging, what do people not understand... stop just making an issue because some fights are tricky.

again these are the types of comments that come off a bit ignorant. I’m not even trying to get support for this sentiment, I’m simply telling people to stop invalidating people’s frustrations by treating them like they “don’t understand” and that there “isn’t a problem”

1) I’m not saying it shouldn’t be challenging. Yes the game should be challenging obviously otherwise it wouldn’t be fun. Personally I like a good challenge, granted the challenge is reasonable. What defines reasonable isn’t whether my roster can handle it, but if the rewards are up to scale with the difficulty. Using past events as a metric (this is important since players have certain expectations of consistency unless told otherwise), the difficulty of this event should be around 23k-25k but it’s not... It’s 30k with random champs and buffs so you can’t even go into with preparation.

Even players who can clear expert easily are aware how relatively weak the rewards are for the difficulty of the event. It’s as difficult as a boss rush challenge, except boss rush challenge clears are well compensated and worth the effort.

2) The issue isn’t due to tricky fights. I’m starting to question wether you even tried to understand my point of view.

The issue is the weak rewards for the level of difficulty. This discrepancy makes the event unreasonable and even unfair to some. This is an unprecedented move by kabam to make some rewards more exclusive, no doubt about that. Backlash and frustration is not only reasonable, but expected

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That's a judgment you're placing on people. You categorize those who are skilled, and exclude everyone else. You're assuming those who have an issue are snowflakes and looking for handouts, but you're not acknowledging the fact that the people commenting may not be unskilled noobs. People are willing to put in the effort if it feels reasonable. It doesn't to some. The cumulative Rewards don't mean anything if the stress of doing it twice a day feels greater. The point of this discussion is that people are too quick to judge and shoot others down.
  • Options
    That's a judgment you're placing on people. You categorize those who are skilled, and exclude everyone else. You're assuming those who have an issue are snowflakes and looking for handouts, but you're not acknowledging the fact that the people commenting may not be unskilled noobs. People are willing to put in the effort if it feels reasonable. It doesn't to some. The cumulative Rewards don't mean anything if the stress of doing it twice a day feels greater. The point of this discussion is that people are too quick to judge and shoot others down.

The point is if you don't feel it's worth it don't do it.. if it's stressful you likely aren't ready
  • Options

so, we have:
    the ones that are too easy, i skip them (or ocasionally play for the reward)
    the one that is too hard, i also skip it

this is my experience as well. The expert difficulty can afford an increase in rewards or a decrease in difficulty. The hard difficulty’s reward is more in line with it’s difficulty so that one is fair.
    Dude, what’s your problem?! It’s SUPPOSED to be HARD!!!!

No one is saying it shouldn’t be. The complaint is the unreasonableness of the difficulty. The event is TOO hard. Again it’s too hard not because my champs can’t take it, but because the rewards that are weak relative to the event’s difficulty. Because of that, people are left out from getting rewards.

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    There is NO problem!

raising the difficulty without scaling the rewards with associated with is a problem. Maybe not to you but to a lot of people out there
    Things can’t be made easy for all type of player otherwise it will be full of 1* champs being one popped in 2 seconds.

I’m not asking for things to be easy, that would ruin the fun. I’m asking for consistency and for rewards to be worth the effort for everyone by making it relative to the difficulty.
    It’s supposed to be challenging, what do people not understand... stop just making an issue because some fights are tricky.

again these are the types of comments that come off a bit ignorant. I’m not even trying to get support for this sentiment, I’m simply telling people to stop invalidating people’s frustrations by treating them like they “don’t understand” and that there “isn’t a problem”

1) I’m not saying it shouldn’t be challenging. Yes the game should be challenging obviously otherwise it wouldn’t be fun. Personally I like a good challenge, granted the challenge is reasonable. What defines reasonable isn’t whether my roster can handle it, but if the rewards are up to scale with the difficulty. Using past events as a metric (this is important since players have certain expectations of consistency unless told otherwise), the difficulty of this event should be around 23k-25k but it’s not... It’s 30k with random champs and buffs so you can’t even go into with preparation.

Even players who can clear expert easily are aware how relatively weak the rewards are for the difficulty of the event. It’s as difficult as a boss rush challenge, except boss rush challenge clears are well compensated and worth the effort.

2) The issue isn’t due to tricky fights. I’m starting to question wether you even tried to understand my point of view.

The issue is the weak rewards for the level of difficulty. This discrepancy makes the event unreasonable and even unfair to some. This is an unprecedented move by kabam to make some rewards more exclusive, no doubt about that. Backlash and frustration is not only reasonable, but expected

But why is anyone expecting the rewards to be scaled? That’s just greedy, they can’t just go handing out 5* shards for nothing like it’s a charity.

Also I don’t mean to be ignorant, some fights are hard for me too, but it’s upto us if we want the 5* shards and that.

I’ve missed quite a few of them now because I can’t be bothered sometimes.

We can’t have this for every event though, not all events will come easy with amazing rewards. Let’s just tough it out this month and get over it.
  • Options
    Kynny wrote: »

The point is if you don't feel it's worth it don't do it.. if it's stressful you likely aren't ready

With that mentality, no one would push themselves and no one would grow because they wouldn't try anything challenging.
    The situation is not black and white. It's not skilled and unskilled, good and not good enough, or any other extreme. Saying don't do it, and asserting that people aren't ready, is not a fair response, and all it does is devalue their concerns.

OP, I give up explaining it to them. It's the nature of the Forum. Some people just shoot others down because they want to feel proud of their own lack of problems. They don't want people to be heard. They want the Rewards to stay in the hands of those they deem worthy, and see nothing outside of their own views. Not a general statement to everyone that has responded, people have their views as well. I'm just pointing out that there's no winning with some because they already have their own minds made up. It's better to just speak your peace and let people say what they want.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Reroll until you get easy buffs and pray the enemies aren’t stacked (MODOK yondu and Mephisto back to back was not fun)
  • Options
    "most people play games for..."
    you can't finish that sentence. not everyone plays for the same purpose.
    some play for challenges, others for fun, others for completionism, others for the story, etc etc.
    even in this specific game there is more than one purpose people play for.

that aside, i was saying the difficulty's name doesn't literally reflect the actual difficulty

Expert you should be an expert at the game.to get it done..

Seems ok
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    edited March 2018
    The difficulty seems very on par for the rewards tho. If the event seems to difficult then it's an event you will have to pass on. The quest is very doable with just four star champs. What most people are saying when you say it's to hard is yes it will seem hard to some who are over stretching there skills or don't have enough champs to take it on. Just because some think it is to hard does t in fact mean the quest is hard. Any peice of content in this game can seem hard at times if you are not prepared properly. If the quest was indeed to hard then people would not be completing it so easily. Yes saying something is easy is relative bc what's easy to some isn't easy for everyone but the most skilled and prepared players are getting thru it with no issues so that shows the quest is not overly difficult.
  • Options
    BigBob wrote: »
    Not all content is for everyone. If everything was so easy the game would be boring and people would quit.

I don't understand why people don't want content to strive too.

content can strive I’m not saying it shouldn’t, but rewards should scale with it. If i had to guess the difficulty based on the rewards, expert would be around 25k which is what it would’ve been in past events. That’s not the case.

This event is a move to make 5* shards more exclusive using the guise of free energy as an excuse to increase the difficulty. Whether you think it’s a valid trade off will depend on you, but fact of the matter is that:

1) these rewards would take most people 20 min to claim in the past. Now it’s around 40 min

2) people who were able to get these in the past now can’t get them. Not because the rewards are more valuable, but because the difficulty was raised.

An analogy would be like buying milk. Last month it cost $1. This month it’s the same exact milk but now it’s $2. Only rich people can afford to get milk now. People are saying “milk should be expensive! it shouldn’t be free!” but that’s not the issue. The issue is that the price is raised. People also say “then don’t buy milk” but that’s simply acknowledging that it’s ok for kabam to have raised the price for no reason other than make it less available to poor people (it’s not like the quality of the milk went up). What if they had raised it to $5? At what point would it have been unfair?

The point is people have a reason to be frustrated. Content can strive the same way the price of milk can be raised, but there has to be a good reason.

• Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    It's free content that isn't made for everyone. Not everyone has the roster nor skill to complete it. That's ok. Do hard. Or normal. Or beginner. Complaining about difficulty is not a legit concern to me. If it's too hard, you obv don't have the proper champs or skill for it. That's how it is with this entire game. It's a contest, not a handout. Kabam had no reason to give this event out again yet they did anyway.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    BigBob wrote: »
    Not all content is for everyone. If everything was so easy the game would be boring and people would quit.

I don't understand why people don't want content to strive too.

content can strive I’m not saying it shouldn’t, but rewards should scale with it. If i had to guess the difficulty based on the rewards, expert would be around 25k which is what it would’ve been in past events. That’s not the case.

This event is a move to make 5* shards more exclusive using the guise of free energy as an excuse to increase the difficulty. Whether you think it’s a valid trade off will depend on you, but fact of the matter is that:

1) these rewards would take most people 20 min to claim in the past. Now it’s around 40 min

2) people who were able to get these in the past now can’t get them. Not because the rewards are more valuable, but because the difficulty was raised.

An analogy would be like buying milk. Last month it cost $1. This month it’s the same exact milk but now it’s $2. Only rich people can afford to get milk now. People are saying “milk should be expensive! it shouldn’t be free!” but that’s not the issue. The issue is that the price is raised. People also say “then don’t buy milk” but that’s simply acknowledging that it’s ok for kabam to have raised the price for no reason other than make it less available to poor people (it’s not like the quality of the milk went up). What if they had raised it to $5? At what point would it have been unfair?

The point is people have a reason to be frustrated. Content can strive the same way the price of milk can be raised, but there has to be a good reason.

I haven't even noticed it went up in difficulty really wasn't noticeable. You asked why the difficulty should be raised compared to last time. Well it's bc they want people to grow and push there limits. Why would you need to get better or stronger if all the new challenges were at the same level. The next challenge should be even harder than this even bc the players should push themselves and want to be better and grow there team.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm not even sure where the increased difficulty comes from, it seems like the last Modoks lab. Here's the reality of it, not all content is for everyone. There's been lots of content I haven't been able to do, either because I didn't have the champs or the skill. If you came on here complaining about bugs or broken mechanics I would sympathise with you but basically it was a complaint about feelings being hurt. Sorry but not your shrink.
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I'm not even sure where the increased difficulty comes from, it seems like the last Modoks lab
    i autofight easy and normal, so i don't know about them, but hard definitely feels a bit harder than last time.
    also my attempts at expert had better results last time as well

As accounts grow the game should grow. So it should in fact be harder this time.

That said I haven't noticed it changing either.
  • Options
    Telling people that not all content is for everyone is redundant. It's the equivalent of telling someone to sit at the Kiddy Table. When people are voicing their thoughts on the Event and others keep brushing them off as if there is no problem, it's belittling. That doesn't mean their thoughts aren't valid, and that doesn't necessarily mean all is as it should be. Everyone is here to voice their own perspective. That's the point the OP is trying to make. Telling people not to do it is not respective to the issue. Although, some just don't care and don't see a problem regardless.

There is a reason that children have to sit at the kids table and not with the adults. Throwing a tantrum about is doesn't get them to the adult's table, growing up does.

If you can't do a piece of content it is because you aren't good enough at the game to do it. Stop crying about it and get better.

Lol. Thank you, wise one. Your words are incredibly helpful. Except not.
    No one is crying, no one is throwing a tantrum, no one says people aren't good enough. People are trying to get a point across and they have to deal with ignorant comments like this one.
  • Options
    anyway, re-reading some comments, the real complain here is the difference between labs: the difficulty is higher but the rewards are not.
    as accounts grow, the game grows, so it should the difficulty, and so it should the reward.
    the problem is that the rewards did not grow.

what i understand from the OP's posts

Haha and that's the thing it's less often and not harder so the reewards didn't need to grow
This discussion has been closed.