5* featured arena and it's nerf to economy gain

Those who were doing both 4* basic and featured arenas who have switched over to doing only the 5* featured arena are losing a large amount of economy gain due to the very bad milestones in the 5* featured arena.

Specifically the BC/unit rewards from the milestones

3* Featured = 0.1016 units/1000 arena points ; 14.06 BC/1000 arena points
4* Basic = 0.09 units/1000 arena points ; 9.00 BC/1000 arena points
4* Featured = 0.034 units/1000 arena points ; 4.19 BC/1000 arena points
5* Featured = 0.011 units/1000 arena points ; 1.63 BC/1000 arena points

Now more than ever we need more gold to rank up champs that require more gold to rank up. However, now there is less gold per point of arena unless we pump in more time to do all the lower arenas which provide better resources per point in arena. Please @Kabam Miike bring this up with your team.
«13

Comments

  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 766
    The rewards get worse per point but you get more points per fight with 5* and 6* then you do with 3* and 4* so if you factor that I'd imagine it equals pretty much the same
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    mxf4koy3s2en.jpg
    or do all arenas and get all rewards :)

    Could you share about how many fights it takes you to just achieve all milestones of each arena?
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    tbh, if you want milestones then dont go for the 5* featured ones first.
    as someone living in those arenas most of my ingame time i can assure you, the milestones are a nice add, but the biggest deal of units/bc comes from winning a match. a 3:0 with 4* is 375 bc. so you get more than enough gold and units by playing any arena.
    what arena you should choose is completely based around what rankrewards you want. if you want/need the basic/featured 4* go for those, if you want as much 5* shards as possible the featured 5* is still the place to be.
    5ish mio for 1000 shards is more than you get in basic/featured for the same amount of points, even with a rerun champ like storm.
    my usual grind is, unlock 5* and basic4* then i use the 4* in the basic and the 5* in the 5* arena and when i reach my goal go for featured 4* afterwards, sprinkling in a few rounds of 3* and 2* for the milestones. but like always, knowing what exactly you want out of the arena is the key.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    4* Basic = 3.14 units/round ; 314 BC/round
    4* Featured = 1.29 units/round ; 159.5 BC/round
    5* Featured = 0.61 units/round ; 88.64 BC/round

    I took the liberty of doing the math to calculate exact cutoffs so about 43 fights in the basic 4* and 105 fights in the featured 4* arena for you. I used my previous arena number of 220 fights for the 12 mil cutoff in 5* featured arena as maybe you used some refreshes there of a 6*?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,410
    You’re assuming everyone takes the same amount of fights to reach those milestones. I just use 5* only in the 5* arena and I don’t have to do 220 fights to get that many points. People aren’t grinding the 5* arena for the return of gold and units back from milestones and arena crystals. People do that arena for shards and that’s what makes that arena worth doing. Why not complain about t4basic arena? That arena has a much worse return of gold and bc for what you put in
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    If you're aware of that, and you need Resources, run the lower Arenas. You don't have to do the 5*. When I need Resources, I run 3 or 4 at a time for Milestones. We have to focus on what we need.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    People are doing all arenas for all the rewards. The point is harder arenas should not award worse rewards in any form, even in milestones. Saying do the other arenas is a faulting thinking. I cannot switch and do those, I'd have to spend more time and do those arenas in addition to the 5* featured. Being in the top alliance that I am in I cannot pass up the 5*/6* shards.

    All that is to say we are getting champs that require more resources to rank/level, but at the same time they are adding new content that takes more time to get less resources. Just a bummer, but I guess the consensus is that most are ok with progressively worse milestones in arena.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    edited March 12
    If you're doing the Arena for more Shards, you're going to end up with more Champs and less Resources to Rank them. The Rewards are scaled for a reason. If you have a system that increases progression the higher you go, people would never grow. Those who are lower need them more than those who are able to run the 5* Arena. There is a separate issue you're talking about, and that's the cost of Ranking a 5*. If people have more available, they're going to have less Resources to Rank them in some form or another. A 5* is still more rare than a 4*, and regardless of how available they are, they won't be as easy to Rank. Which means allocating Resources wisely. It's all about time and Resource management. If we need something, we have to spend time accumulating it.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    4* Basic = 3.14 units/round ; 314 BC/round
    4* Featured = 1.29 units/round ; 159.5 BC/round
    5* Featured = 0.61 units/round ; 88.64 BC/round

    If this were flipped I'd be happy. Also, my post has nothing to do with ranked rewards. No clue why people keep bring ranked rewards back up. This is solely about milestones.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    The availability doesn't change the Rarity. Meaning 4*s are easier to Rank than 5*s, 5*s easier than 6*s. You may have more available, but they are scaled because it should take longer to Rank them. What you might not see is it will speed up growth for those higher up, and that will slow down growth for everyone under. For example, if you have 3 Tiers (Lower, Mid, Top), if you increase progression the higher you go, the Top progresses faster and faster, the Mid increases at a medium pace, and the Lower never grows. What you do for one affects the others. In most games I've played, progression slows the higher you go. The bottom line is you need to accumulate and spend Resources according to your needs, but within the framework as well. You're not going to be able to Rank those 5*s as fast as 4*s.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    The availability doesn't change the Rarity. Meaning 4*s are easier to Rank than 5*s, 5*s easier than 6*s. You may have more available, but they are scaled because it should take longer to Rank them. What you might not see is it will speed up growth for those higher up, and that will slow down growth for everyone under. For example, if you have 3 Tiers (Lower, Mid, Top), if you increase progression the higher you go, the Top progresses faster and faster, the Mid increases at a medium pace, and the Lower never grows. What you do for one affects the others. In most games I've played, progression slows the higher you go. The bottom line is you need to accumulate and spend Resources according to your needs, but within the framework as well. You're not going to be able to Rank those 5*s as fast as 4*s.

    This is completely incorrect. In your scenario it would more balance than slow progression for new comers. Again I'm only talking about milestones. I don't care how available any champ of any rarity is, or how hard it should be to rank a 5* champ. There needs to be a way to maintain a net positive, or net neutral gold outcome from progressing arena difficulties.

    Currently I'm doing ~220 rounds in 5* arena for all milestones and losing gold doing 5x6 aq and ranking only enough for unit rewards from 22 hour level up event.

    To say top players need less gold when they need more to even do the basics in the game is quite absurd.

    TBH I think increased rewards (bc/gold) from milestones is only a small step in the right direction.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    You're doing the Arena that costs the most to run, and nothing else to keep an inflow. If you were running multiple and spending less Gold, you would accumulate a balance.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    You're doing the Arena that costs the most to run, and nothing else to keep an inflow. If you were running multiple and spending less Gold, you would accumulate a balance.

    So, if I do old content, play less end game content, and level less champions I can be net positive with gold? Thanks for that solution to my problem.

    Also, that isn't the only thing I'm doing for gold intake, it's all I mentioned for the sake of my post on milestones
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    edited March 12
    We're talking about the Arenas. If you need Gold, that's the source of it. If someone needs something, it's usually best to take advantage of all sources. Just because you're End-Game doesn't mean it's beneath you.
    What I'm saying about the Milestones is that they're scaled for a reason. The Rewards are as well. It's probably not going to be the source of everything you need.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    edited March 12
    We're talking about the Arenas. If you need Gold, that's the source of it. If someone needs something, it's usually best to take advantage of all sources. Just because you're End-Game doesn't mean it's beneath you.
    What I'm saying about the Milestones is that they're scaled for a reason. The Rewards are as well. It's probably not going to be the source of everything you need.

    Everything you say is so wrong and grasping.
    I never said anything was beneath me lol. I said it doesn't make sense that harder content provides less resources.
    I never said this should solve my entire gold issue. I said many times I'm only talking about milestones. There are only 10 milestones per arena, and obviously that wont provide a huge bump in gold, but at least it would be greater than 0.

    I'm literally talking about a bump up of ~35,000 - 50,000 battle chips for the 5* featured arena milestones rewards. That would equate to ~50,000 - 110,000 gold.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882
    Well, as I explained in my analysis of the arenas...

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54721/the-problem-with-gold-farming

    You are better off doing the 5* feat arena. But there is a variable in it that sometimes will make you lose some gold. You should always try to fight 5 stars. This is not always possible, but I found that most of the times, you will get at least one team with 3 five stars. You will get more battlechips faster than in the other arenas.
    The only arena you shouldn't do is the 4* basic, as you can actually lose gold there.

    If you don't mind doing more series, you can do the 2* arena, as it rewards more gold in the long run. But it will take more time to afford one crystal.

    Another thing I noticed, the Uncollected crystals are not good if you are looking for gold. You should invest in regular arena crystals, I switched to those and really made a difference.

    The milestones will not solve your gold problem. They do not even reward the same amount of units you would get by opening battlechips.

    But of course, an increase in the milestones would be a nice touch from them. Getting to 1 million in the 5* feat arena is fast enough for them to not consider it.

    I think if you are going for a 5 star, you should get resources that match your goal. So an increase in the rewards would make some sense.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 2,231
    You need to scale everything to match the champs used to get them.

    Assuming you're well into the infinite streak (3x multiplier, non-kang opponents):
    Maxed 2* champs earn ~2k points per fight
    Maxed 3* champs get ~6k
    R3 4* champs get ~8k
    R5 4* champs get ~12k
    R1 5* champs get ~18k
    R3 5* champs get ~25k

    I know R4 5* and R1 6* champs get even more points.

    You have to scale it based on the effort needed. I can clear all milestones in the 3* Featured with around 120 fights (roughly 2hrs effort, not counting refresh times). All milestones in the 4* Basic takes me about 150 fights if I'm only using my R4+ 4* champs. I would need about 200 fights in the 4* Featured using only my 5* champs

    Using only those 2 arenas:
    0.54 units per fight in the 3* featured
    0.9 units per fight in the 4* basic
    0.675 units/fight in the 4* Featured
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 826
    Savio444 wrote: »
    We're here to talk about the topic. Not my Profile.

    @GroundedWisdom what you do to get -1000 points and those nice bars, do they come in red?

    He usually gets flagged in a lot of threads. Not sure if that was the reason. Most of the time they are just bullying him.

    Interesting
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    I'm not discussing anything and that's not what the Thread is about.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 1,533
    Riegel wrote: »
    4* Basic = 3.14 units/round ; 314 BC/round
    4* Featured = 1.29 units/round ; 159.5 BC/round
    5* Featured = 0.61 units/round ; 88.64 BC/round

    If this were flipped I'd be happy. Also, my post has nothing to do with ranked rewards. No clue why people keep bring ranked rewards back up. This is solely about milestones.

    If this were flipped, then the 5* Arena is the outright “go-to” choice right?

    Which brings us back to what Mike said before, about “diversifying the playerbase into more arenas”.
  • nishantnishant Posts: 29
    Riegel wrote: »
    Those who were doing both 4* basic and featured arenas who have switched over to doing only the 5* featured arena are losing a large amount of economy gain due to the very bad milestones in the 5* featured arena.

    Specifically the BC/unit rewards from the milestones

    3* Featured = 0.1016 units/1000 arena points ; 14.06 BC/1000 arena points
    4* Basic = 0.09 units/1000 arena points ; 9.00 BC/1000 arena points
    4* Featured = 0.034 units/1000 arena points ; 4.19 BC/1000 arena points
    5* Featured = 0.011 units/1000 arena points ; 1.63 BC/1000 arena points

    Now more than ever we need more gold to rank up champs that require more gold to rank up. However, now there is less gold per point of arena unless we pump in more time to do all the lower arenas which provide better resources per point in arena. Please @Kabam Miike bring this up with your team.

    You are forgetting the fact that 5* champs give out more arena points than 4* and 3*s.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089
    nishant wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Those who were doing both 4* basic and featured arenas who have switched over to doing only the 5* featured arena are losing a large amount of economy gain due to the very bad milestones in the 5* featured arena.

    Specifically the BC/unit rewards from the milestones

    3* Featured = 0.1016 units/1000 arena points ; 14.06 BC/1000 arena points
    4* Basic = 0.09 units/1000 arena points ; 9.00 BC/1000 arena points
    4* Featured = 0.034 units/1000 arena points ; 4.19 BC/1000 arena points
    5* Featured = 0.011 units/1000 arena points ; 1.63 BC/1000 arena points

    Now more than ever we need more gold to rank up champs that require more gold to rank up. However, now there is less gold per point of arena unless we pump in more time to do all the lower arenas which provide better resources per point in arena. Please @Kabam Miike bring this up with your team.

    You are forgetting the fact that 5* champs give out more arena points than 4* and 3*s.

    I didn't forget. Even in the gain per round 5* is still the worst outcome based on milestones.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,454
    That is not the reason and we are not here to discuss my Profile. I wouldn't talk about people baiting arguments.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.