**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* featured arena and it's nerf to economy gain

13»

Comments

• Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    The game is about progress. When you see all those high ranking pi accounts with all their champs ranked up it isn’t because of gold constraints it’s because most have been here a long time. Shards, champs, crystals etc are a lot easier to get which gives an abundance of champs. Thing is people feel they should be able to rank them immediately. Everyone needs to grind it out over time and not expect things to be given to them easily.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You asked me a question and I gave an answer, thinking it was just a question. When you use that to pull me into another debate, that's baiting. I get hyper-focused on discussions sometimes. That doesn't mean I'm completely oblivious.

I mean. It was just a question. I just wanted to know what you thought needed looking at because usually you just deny there’s any issues with resource scarceness. by saying this and acting like I’m setting up a trap for you, you’ve just made yourself look odd.

This forum is for debate and for discussion. Not for you to state your opinion without further elaboration and back up.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Nice try.
  • Options
    Stara99 wrote: »
    The game is about progress. When you see all those high ranking pi accounts with all their champs ranked up it isn’t because of gold constraints it’s because most have been here a long time. Shards, champs, crystals etc are a lot easier to get which gives an abundance of champs. Thing is people feel they should be able to rank them immediately. Everyone needs to grind it out over time and not expect things to be given to them easily.

Pretty much what I'm saying. We all have to spend time accumulating Resources now and then. That means doing other things besides what we want to focus on.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    I'm not sure how anyone, who actually plays the game, could think that.

Think you found your answer right there

I play the game. I'm aware that some aspects of Rewards haven't been updated. We're talking about how the Gold Rewards are outdated because people are focusing on their 5* Roster now that 6*s are released. That's not accurate because who people focus on Ranking is up to them. Increasing the Gold for the Top Tier is not as simple as adding more. Resources are balanced, which means if you increase one, the imbalance will shift. That's because there are caps to progression. Do some areas need to be revisited? Probably. Does the system need a revamp because people want to Rank 5*s faster than their rarity allows? Not really. I've said before, progression slows down the higher you go because it allows for balanced progression for everyone. You progress faster starting out, and it tapers off. Otherwise, the Top would progress faster and faster and no one else would get anywhere. It's also a matter of spending habits. If people spend mass amounts of Gold, they need to make sure they take advantage of all the sources that are available. It's in the game if you focus on making more. It's not necessarily the fault of the design if people aren't doing everything they can. The suggestion comes up all the time and most of the time they're not willing to do half the things that produce Gold, or can't for whatever reason. It very well could be adjusted more, but anything outside of small increments would be more detrimental than helpful, not for people who need the Gold, for the system overall. There's always going to be some limiting Resource that we will have to focus on finding. The more you spend, the more you're going to have to make.

You going to make Mexico pay for that wall? Paragraphs man, paragraphs.

You say some areas probably need to be revisited, which ones?

Haven't really made a list. That's up to their discretion. Two that come to mind are Duels and the T4CC Arena.

So why, in your opinion, does t4cc arena need a revisit, but the avenues for gold which have remained the same since the beginning of Aq don’t? I mean you said it yourself the game needs progress caps, t4cc is one of them. Why change that but not the basic resource of gold?

Alright. I answered your question. I'm not going to be baited. I've already said it could stand to reason that the Gold could be somewhat increased in different areas, but it would likely have to be small increments. Which wouldn't be sufficient either way because people are spending large amounts of Gold. For that matter, any change I would suggest in the Arena or for Duels would be small, because they're long-overdue. Whatever change they made wouldn't be sufficient because people are trying to run the top Maps and Rank all their 5*s at the same time. It's never enough when you're trying to spend faster than the system is allowing.

I’m only stating this because I believe it is relevant to the conversation at hand of higher tier players needing more gold than lower tier players: I’ve seen your account in-game. You purposefully choose to stay in a very very (very) low rated alliance. Anyone can do what they want of course for whatever reason. But with that choice, your rewards and progression come to a screeching halt compared to the average player in a progressing alliance striving to grow his/her account further. It’s safe to say your ‘philosophy’ on this game does not represent the majority of the playerbase and probably represents a very tiny portion of players who decide to purposely stay back in a 2 mil alliance for years.

With that being said, how would a player like that know what the game feels like at higher levels if they never experienced it? Even if something as simple as gaining Uncollected was not accomplished, that player wouldn’t be able to know how resources are balanced for playing Map 5, Map 6, Tier 3+ wars, etc. You might view 5* and 6* champs as very rare because they are rare at your level and you’re probably only getting 5* shards from calendars. But the large majority of progressing players have been reaping the rewards of Kabam’s latest 5* shard influx. Kabam has scaled up 5*, 6* shards and rank-up catalysts as of lately. They have not yet scaled up gold at that same level. But again, you wouldn’t know any of this. It’s easy to comment “Oh that’s just how the game is designed there’s always a limiting resource,” but players have a valid concern to post this on the forum without being berated.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    I'm not sure how anyone, who actually plays the game, could think that.

Think you found your answer right there

I play the game. I'm aware that some aspects of Rewards haven't been updated. We're talking about how the Gold Rewards are outdated because people are focusing on their 5* Roster now that 6*s are released. That's not accurate because who people focus on Ranking is up to them. Increasing the Gold for the Top Tier is not as simple as adding more. Resources are balanced, which means if you increase one, the imbalance will shift. That's because there are caps to progression. Do some areas need to be revisited? Probably. Does the system need a revamp because people want to Rank 5*s faster than their rarity allows? Not really. I've said before, progression slows down the higher you go because it allows for balanced progression for everyone. You progress faster starting out, and it tapers off. Otherwise, the Top would progress faster and faster and no one else would get anywhere. It's also a matter of spending habits. If people spend mass amounts of Gold, they need to make sure they take advantage of all the sources that are available. It's in the game if you focus on making more. It's not necessarily the fault of the design if people aren't doing everything they can. The suggestion comes up all the time and most of the time they're not willing to do half the things that produce Gold, or can't for whatever reason. It very well could be adjusted more, but anything outside of small increments would be more detrimental than helpful, not for people who need the Gold, for the system overall. There's always going to be some limiting Resource that we will have to focus on finding. The more you spend, the more you're going to have to make.

You going to make Mexico pay for that wall? Paragraphs man, paragraphs.

You say some areas probably need to be revisited, which ones?

Haven't really made a list. That's up to their discretion. Two that come to mind are Duels and the T4CC Arena.

So why, in your opinion, does t4cc arena need a revisit, but the avenues for gold which have remained the same since the beginning of Aq don’t? I mean you said it yourself the game needs progress caps, t4cc is one of them. Why change that but not the basic resource of gold?

Alright. I answered your question. I'm not going to be baited. I've already said it could stand to reason that the Gold could be somewhat increased in different areas, but it would likely have to be small increments. Which wouldn't be sufficient either way because people are spending large amounts of Gold. For that matter, any change I would suggest in the Arena or for Duels would be small, because they're long-overdue. Whatever change they made wouldn't be sufficient because people are trying to run the top Maps and Rank all their 5*s at the same time. It's never enough when you're trying to spend faster than the system is allowing.

I’m only stating this because I believe it is relevant to the conversation at hand of higher tier players needing more gold than lower tier players: I’ve seen your account in-game. You purposefully choose to stay in a very very (very) low rated alliance. Anyone can do what they want of course for whatever reason. But with that choice, your rewards and progression come to a screeching halt compared to the average player in a progressing alliance striving to grow his/her account further. It’s safe to say your ‘philosophy’ on this game does not represent the majority of the playerbase and probably represents a very tiny portion of players who decide to purposely stay back in a 2 mil alliance for years.

With that being said, how would a player like that know what the game feels like at higher levels if they never experienced it? Even if something as simple as gaining Uncollected was not accomplished, that player wouldn’t be able to know how resources are balanced for playing Map 5, Map 6, Tier 3+ wars, etc. You might view 5* and 6* champs as very rare because they are rare at your level and you’re probably only getting 5* shards from calendars. But the large majority of progressing players have been reaping the rewards of Kabam’s latest 5* shard influx. Kabam has scaled up 5*, 6* shards and rank-up catalysts as of lately. They have not yet scaled up gold at that same level. But again, you wouldn’t know any of this. It’s easy to comment “Oh that’s just how the game is designed there’s always a limiting resource,” but players have a valid concern to post this on the forum without being berated.

Let me get this straight. You claim to have seen my Account, which I've never shared myself, then proceed to pass judgment on what I do and do not understand about the game. Based on a Profile. Then you accuse ME of berating people.
    I never said someone couldn't suggest something. I pointed out the fact that spending habits and fousing effort plays a factor. If you're of the school of thought that the only valid points of view are the ones in a specific Bracket, that's not only limited, it's incorrect. Anyone with sufficient knowledge and understanding could have a grasp at the design and never have played the game. Stop trying to make this personal. The entire subject of Gold came up after the announcement of 6*s came, and people started rushing to Rank their 5*s. Before that it was the argument that there weren't enough Basics. Shortly after, T1As, and now Gold. There's always going to be some Resource that needs to be saved up for. Why? Because it takes longer to progress the higher you go. Unless, as Stara pointed out, you get to a point where Resources are no longer an issue.
    The OP is free to talk about what they like, but when it is said that one Arena doesn't yield enough Gold because of how high it is, it's worth pointing out that there is a reason Rewards are scaled as you go up, and it's also worth pointing out that if someone chooses to focus on one Arena alone it's not going to yield enough Gold to sustain.
    How about we stick to the actual topic and disagree respectfully instead of resorting to lack of experience as a viable means to discredit someone, simply because we don't agree with their opinion.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Well I was just going through the last few pages and only saw back-and-forth between 1 player and everyone else. Thought I’d chime in my opinion on the matter - that different players at different stages of the game need different resources. Like example, a 2-week old account player doesn’t need T2 Alphas yet. That 2-week player doesn’t have any merit being the majority commentor on a thread about T2 Alphas and is by far no expert on the matter. But of course he can comment wherever he wants on this forum, up until hopefully a Kabam moderator deems his comments non-constructive to the topic. Thankfully I’ve seen the moderation team take some action lately so I am happy about that :)

Anywho, I just think gold as a limiting resource feels more frustrating than T1As or T4Bs. At least with those catalysts, there are reliable ways to get them. With gold, it is much more difficult to accumulate especially if you don’t have time at the moment to grind arenas. It doesn’t feel ‘fun’ to have to delay rank-ups because of gold, while delaying rank ups due to lack of T1A, T4B, T4CC feels more reasonable to me. Fortunately I haven’t run into gold issues yet because I’ve had time to do arenas lately, but even with that I’m steadily losing gold just ranking up champs normally. Went from 15M -> 6M in like 6 months. I can’t imagine what those players who don’t have time for arena and no gold have to go through just to rank up a champion.
  • Options
    For me, it's about focusing my energy on what I need. It can shift. Sometimes Cats, sometimes Gold. If I need Gold, I run 3 or 4 Arenas and accumulate Milestones and BCs. I usually do it in-between specific Arenas that I'm running for Champs, that way I maintain a minimum balance. I keep that minimum balance at all times, and Rank at a pace. Donations can be costly, for sure. That means keeping a prudent reserve in the balance for those. All it really takes is a bit of time to focus on building a reserve. Inflow/Outflow.
    I suppose I understand what you're saying about Cats seeming more reasonable, but it's also easier to consider those when there's a steady surplus from the Maps. Then it's not really a limiting Resource at all. Increase the Gold and the next problem will be Alphas. The whole point I'm trying to make is it is supposed to cost more to Rank a 5* than a 4*. It's supposed to cost more for higher Maps. There are natural limitations set within the game. I'm just not convinced that subtle increases would be sufficient for what people are trying to do. Sometimes it's a question of living within the means and natural limits.
  • Options
    A strategy was studied day bay day, week and months. Ist "The team is aware and they are looking to it", 2nd Glitch better to say Malfunction of the game( parry, evade, silent nerf and updates). They use this and was happening anytime even in between AQ &AW. They studied you behavior; your pride to revive as not to win, meaning you spend money for pride, not to be defeated.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Pretty much what I'm saying. We all have to spend time accumulating Resources now and then. That means doing other things besides what we want to focus on.

So, you are saying we have to leave our progression alliance in order to accumulate resources to join a progression alliance? Sounds really horrible. I'd say that's a bad idea.
    I play the game. I'm aware that some aspects of Rewards haven't been updated.

Cool lets try to get that changed!
    We're talking about how the Gold Rewards are outdated because people are focusing on their 5* Roster now that 6*s are released. That's not accurate because who people focus on Ranking is up to them.

Wrong. You keep going back to this rank up thing. Yes, you need gold for rank ups, but you need gold for more than just rank ups. therefore gold should not be a major limiting factor for rank ups.
    Increasing the Gold for the Top Tier is not as simple as adding more. Resources are balanced, which means if you increase one, the imbalance will shift. That's because there are caps to progression. Do some areas need to be revisited? Probably. Does the system need a revamp because people want to Rank 5*s faster than their rarity allows?

You really have some fetish for this faster rank up thing that's completely irrelevant. Having more gold isn't going to suddenly give the the T1A's you need to do the rank up, so you still wont be able to do that rank up no matter how much gold you have.
    You progress faster starting out, and it tapers off. Otherwise, the Top would progress faster and faster and no one else would get anywhere.

Incorrect.
    It's also a matter of spending habits. If people spend mass amounts of Gold, they need to make sure they take advantage of all the sources that are available. It's in the game if you focus on making more. It's not necessarily the fault of the design if people aren't doing everything they can. The suggestion comes up all the time and most of the time they're not willing to do half the things that produce Gold, or can't for whatever reason.

The point is you can do everything including 200+ arena matches per arena cycle, and still lose gold at the top levels of play.
    Alright. I answered your question. I'm not going to be baited. I've already said it could stand to reason that the Gold could be somewhat increased in different areas, but it would likely have to be small increments.

Do you read? I'm talking about an increase of 35,000-50,000 battle chips per arena cycle! That equates to on average less than 100,000 gold! And seriously man if you are gonna pop in everyone's threads and play hard core devils advocate don't say you aren't going to be "baited" when you get called out for being wrong/hypocritical. There's 0 chance you honestly think t4cc arena needs put in before a gold update. This is why people think you aren't at the top levels of the game, because if you were you'd be sitting on too many t4cc crystals to care about a t4cc arena. I don't care what level you are at either just saying.
    The entire subject of Gold came up after the announcement of 6*s came, and people started rushing to Rank their 5*s. Before that it was the argument that there weren't enough Basics. Shortly after, T1As, and now Gold.

If you are biased by other peoples threads please don't post on my threads, please.
    How about we stick to the actual topic and disagree respectfully instead of resorting to lack of experience as a viable means to discredit someone, simply because we don't agree with their opinion.

Yes, disagree respectfully, but don't say that experience isn't a viable means to discredit someone, because it definitely is.

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Me head is still reeling from GW saying that someone who hasn’t ever played the game could have a grasp at the design and therefore be able to comment on the inner workings of it. I think that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.