**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* featured arena and it's nerf to economy gain

Comments

• Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    It is another "kabam" thing that the higher you go or the more it costs you. I noticed long ago i was losing gold in the 4 star arena because I wasn't fighting with 4 stars. In the 3 star arena I realized a profit in the 4 star I lost gold. It is the same I image for the 5 star. If you play only 5s you probably break even...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    It is another "kabam" thing that the higher you go or the more it costs you. I noticed long ago i was losing gold in the 4 star arena because I wasn't fighting with 4 stars. In the 3 star arena I realized a profit in the 4 star I lost gold. It is the same I image for the 5 star. If you play only 5s you probably break even...

You also receive higher Rewards. The higher you go, the more it costs, but the Rewards are greater. It's all about playing for what you need. You can either run one or two for specific Champs or Shards, or you can run multiple for Milestones and BCs for Gold. People running lower Arenas need more Gold starting out to run the Arenas, as well as other uses.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

You also receive higher Rewards. The higher you go, the more it costs, but the Rewards are greater. It's all about playing for what you need. You can either run one or two for specific Champs or Shards, or you can run multiple for Milestones and BCs for Gold. People running lower Arenas need more Gold starting out to run the Arenas, as well as other uses.

Very wrong, and factually incorrect statement.
  • Options
    Riegel wrote: »

How do you figure? Just because there is a higher cost to Ranking 5*s and Map 5 and 6 doesn't mean people staring out don't need more Resources to get started with. People higher up are a lot more capable of making Gold. You have to pace spending. When you're spending larger amounts of Gold, it takes longer to accumulate. They can't continually increase Resources based on spending habits.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

How do you figure? Just because there is a higher cost to Ranking 5*s and Map 5 and 6 doesn't mean people staring out don't need more Resources to get started with. People higher up are a lot more capable of making Gold. You have to pace spending. When you're spending larger amounts of Gold, it takes longer to accumulate. They can't continually increase Resources based on spending habits.

They should increase resources because when the payouts were created they were based on ranking 2, 3 an eventually 4* champs. Now we're are 5 an 6* champs these payouts are very much outdated. It has nothing at all to do with pacing spending at all
  • Options
    They're not that outdated. The entire rush to Rank came before 6*s were even released. People decided for themselves that 5 was the new 4 and started Ranking them as fast as they could. Only the rarity of a 5* hasn't actually changed, and it will take longer to Rank than a 4*. That's what I've been trying to say. There's going to be some kind of limiting Resource to Ranking. If it's not Gold, it will be Cats. If not Cats, Alphas. The value of a 5* hasn't changed at all. You're free to suggest whatever you like. I'm trying to tell you that these things serve a purpose.
  • Options
    They're not that outdated. The entire rush to Rank came before 6*s were even released. People decided for themselves that 5 was the new 4 and started Ranking them as fast as they could. Only the rarity of a 5* hasn't actually changed, and it will take longer to Rank than a 4*. That's what I've been trying to say. There's going to be some kind of limiting Resource to Ranking. If it's not Gold, it will be Cats. If not Cats, Alphas. The value of a 5* hasn't changed at all. You're free to suggest whatever you like. I'm trying to tell you that these things serve a purpose.

Of course they are outdated, they were already outdated when 5* got released. Let's take a gold crystal for example, they still pay the same amount for the last 3 years which means they don't scale with the inflation of champs.
  • Options
    Jaff, I honestly was shook when he said they weren't outdated. I'm not sure how anyone, who actually plays the game, could think that.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I'm not sure how anyone, who actually plays the game, could think that.

Think you found your answer right there
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    5* featured arena for the shards ... 4* basic for units.. simples

No one is talking about shards. Units are a secondary factor only to show that milestones progressively get worse.
  • Options
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    what do u care on 5* millestones?? like i said to my friend 5* arena is for rewards, more 5* shards to get 5* roster faster , dont focus on units or millestones, for exemple.. u do 6m on 4* feat ... do same score at 5* feat = who will get more 5&6* shards? why cut off on others arenas drop so much ?? because its more enjoyable to get 1k or 2k 5* instead 400+200 5* shards

I didn't really understand most of that. I don't really care about milestones, but it seems like an easy, and reasonable way to add a little more gold into the game.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    It's a tradeoff. You want a lot of 5* shards? Go for the 5* featured arena. You want BC and gold, and don't mind getting fewer 5* shards in doing so? Then go for the 4* featured and basic arenas.

We all don't mind a little gold or extra rewards here and there otherwise, but hey at least Kabam introduced the 5* featured arena in the first place. We can actually earn a 5* champ or a decent amount of 5* shards from the arenas now, so pick your poison.
  • Options
    riegel, dont look at the milestones seperate from the rank rewards, kabam doesent.
    you need to look at it in the whole picture, about a year ago we had the big arenachange that gave us the second 4* arena and now we got the 5* arena, and i guess we see a basic5* in a few months. back then we could only grind in 3 arenas for milestones and rankrewards, now we can do 5 at the same time.
    kabam opted to not increase the rewards by buffing single milestones but by giving us more options to earn them, while also giving us the option to get more rankrewards. but because the rankrewards in the 5* are quite good, they dont bump up the milestones.
    your doing a fifth of the arenas complaining it gives you to little rewards to pay for the most expensive thing ingame all days each week. aq map6 is expensive cause kabam wanted the highest reward to come with some price, maybe for gamebalance, maybe, and just maybe, cause they are a company that wants to gain a little for the development. but there is a f2p option in the arena to gain those juicy goldnuggets but that might involve spending more time in the arena and grind more than one of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Deadly2016 wrote: »
    riegel, dont look at the milestones seperate from the rank rewards, kabam doesent.
    you need to look at it in the whole picture, about a year ago we had the big arenachange that gave us the second 4* arena and now we got the 5* arena, and i guess we see a basic5* in a few months. back then we could only grind in 3 arenas for milestones and rankrewards, now we can do 5 at the same time.
    kabam opted to not increase the rewards by buffing single milestones but by giving us more options to earn them, while also giving us the option to get more rankrewards. but because the rankrewards in the 5* are quite good, they dont bump up the milestones.
    your doing a fifth of the arenas complaining it gives you to little rewards to pay for the most expensive thing ingame all days each week. aq map6 is expensive cause kabam wanted the highest reward to come with some price, maybe for gamebalance, maybe, and just maybe, cause they are a company that wants to gain a little for the development. but there is a f2p option in the arena to gain those juicy goldnuggets but that might involve spending more time in the arena and grind more than one of them.

I'm not doing a fifth arena I'm doing the 5* arena. I don't and I'd guess many don't have the roster to get the 2000 5* shards, 4 mil in 4* featured and 1.5 mil in 4* basic without using refreshes. Unless they truly no life it regularly.

The point is gold needs an update. I may make a new thread with all sources of gold looked at in the hopes people stop getting sidetracked by the shiny 5* shards.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    This is going nowhere.

The OP said, gold rewards should be increased in the milestones for 5* arena. This is also considering that, that arena is the one where you can get gold faster than in other arenas (and at least gain gold, as the 4* basic makes you lose gold).

So that is the discussion, even if he is getting more gold with less effort on that arena, he ALSO wants the rewards to be buffed because the scale is bigger there.

I think milestones are a joke. 5* arena is a part-time job. The only real reward you can count on is battlechips. So I understand why you are insisting with the milestones. But it will not make that arena "more entertaining". You will still need to devote your free time to do that arena so you can level up a 6 star, afford to be in an alliance, rank up a champ, change your masteries, buy randomizers, and play catalyst arena.

For most of the player base, this arena is just that. We have to do it to stay afloat. Because FUN.

I would instead try to promote alternative ways to get gold instead of buffing the arenas. Monthly Quests (heroic + master) gives out 200k gold. Perhaps we could get more gold from there?
  • Options
    IDC where it comes from. It needs updated. I hardly ever let my quest energy cap as well as spend much of my free time in arena to obtain just enough gold to maintain AQ donos.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I play the game. I'm aware that some aspects of Rewards haven't been updated. We're talking about how the Gold Rewards are outdated because people are focusing on their 5* Roster now that 6*s are released. That's not accurate because who people focus on Ranking is up to them. Increasing the Gold for the Top Tier is not as simple as adding more. Resources are balanced, which means if you increase one, the imbalance will shift. That's because there are caps to progression. Do some areas need to be revisited? Probably. Does the system need a revamp because people want to Rank 5*s faster than their rarity allows? Not really. I've said before, progression slows down the higher you go because it allows for balanced progression for everyone. You progress faster starting out, and it tapers off. Otherwise, the Top would progress faster and faster and no one else would get anywhere. It's also a matter of spending habits. If people spend mass amounts of Gold, they need to make sure they take advantage of all the sources that are available. It's in the game if you focus on making more. It's not necessarily the fault of the design if people aren't doing everything they can. The suggestion comes up all the time and most of the time they're not willing to do half the things that produce Gold, or can't for whatever reason. It very well could be adjusted more, but anything outside of small increments would be more detrimental than helpful, not for people who need the Gold, for the system overall. There's always going to be some limiting Resource that we will have to focus on finding. The more you spend, the more you're going to have to make.
  • Options

I play the game. I'm aware that some aspects of Rewards haven't been updated. We're talking about how the Gold Rewards are outdated because people are focusing on their 5* Roster now that 6*s are released. That's not accurate because who people focus on Ranking is up to them. Increasing the Gold for the Top Tier is not as simple as adding more. Resources are balanced, which means if you increase one, the imbalance will shift. That's because there are caps to progression. Do some areas need to be revisited? Probably. Does the system need a revamp because people want to Rank 5*s faster than their rarity allows? Not really. I've said before, progression slows down the higher you go because it allows for balanced progression for everyone. You progress faster starting out, and it tapers off. Otherwise, the Top would progress faster and faster and no one else would get anywhere. It's also a matter of spending habits. If people spend mass amounts of Gold, they need to make sure they take advantage of all the sources that are available. Its in the game if you focus on making more. It's not necessarily the fault of the design if people aren't doing everything they can. It very well could be adjusted more, but anything outside of small increments would be more detrimental than helpful, not for people who need the Gold, for the system overall. There's always going to be some limiting Resource that we will have to focus on finding. The more you spend, the more you're going to have to make.

Please your noob is showing now. I honestly don't understand how 1 person can be so wrong with just 1 brain.

When the game was in its infancy the gold rate was fine as all the bottlenecks for ranking were catalyst. The same is true now for all the different cats that are bottlenecks for many different tiers. Gold should increase as times go on. It's not a case of we'll it's your choice to rank 5* so gold is fine as it is. Gold also used to play arena an as donations so it should without doubt be increased to keep up with the rate of progression of the game
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I play the game. I'm aware that some aspects of Rewards haven't been updated. We're talking about how the Gold Rewards are outdated because people are focusing on their 5* Roster now that 6*s are released. That's not accurate because who people focus on Ranking is up to them. Increasing the Gold for the Top Tier is not as simple as adding more. Resources are balanced, which means if you increase one, the imbalance will shift. That's because there are caps to progression. Do some areas need to be revisited? Probably. Does the system need a revamp because people want to Rank 5*s faster than their rarity allows? Not really. I've said before, progression slows down the higher you go because it allows for balanced progression for everyone. You progress faster starting out, and it tapers off. Otherwise, the Top would progress faster and faster and no one else would get anywhere. It's also a matter of spending habits. If people spend mass amounts of Gold, they need to make sure they take advantage of all the sources that are available. It's in the game if you focus on making more. It's not necessarily the fault of the design if people aren't doing everything they can. The suggestion comes up all the time and most of the time they're not willing to do half the things that produce Gold, or can't for whatever reason. It very well could be adjusted more, but anything outside of small increments would be more detrimental than helpful, not for people who need the Gold, for the system overall. There's always going to be some limiting Resource that we will have to focus on finding. The more you spend, the more you're going to have to make.

You going to make Mexico pay for that wall? Paragraphs man, paragraphs.

You say some areas probably need to be revisited, which ones?
  • Options
    tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    I think that he plays the game.he is on the forum in every minute of his life and he is 1000% sure about that,he has an extremely smart answer for everything.
  • Options
    tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    I think,he dorsnt play the game.
  • Options

Haven't really made a list. That's up to their discretion. Two that come to mind are Duels and the T4CC Arena.
  • Options

Haven't really made a list. That's up to their discretion. Two that come to mind are Duels and the T4CC Arena.

So why, in your opinion, does t4cc arena need a revisit, but the avenues for gold which have remained the same since the beginning of Aq don’t? I mean you said it yourself the game needs progress caps, t4cc is one of them. Why change that but not the basic resource of gold?
  • Options

So why, in your opinion, does t4cc arena need a revisit, but the avenues for gold which have remained the same since the beginning of Aq don’t? I mean you said it yourself the game needs progress caps, t4cc is one of them. Why change that but not the basic resource of gold?

Alright. I answered your question. I'm not going to be baited. I've already said it could stand to reason that the Gold could be somewhat increased in different areas, but it would likely have to be small increments. Which wouldn't be sufficient either way because people are spending large amounts of Gold. For that matter, any change I would suggest in the Arena or for Duels would be small, because they're long-overdue. Whatever change they made wouldn't be sufficient because people are trying to run the top Maps and Rank all their 5*s at the same time. It's never enough when you're trying to spend faster than the system is allowing.
  • Options

Alright. I answered your question. I'm not going to be baited. I've already said it could stand to reason that the Gold could be somewhat increased in different areas, but it would likely have to be small increments. Which wouldn't be sufficient either way because people are spending large amounts of Gold. For that matter, any change I would suggest in the Arena or for Duels would be small, because they're long-overdue. Whatever change they made wouldn't be sufficient because people are trying to run the top Maps and Rank all their 5*s at the same time. It's never enough when you're trying to spend faster than the system is allowing.

What? I’m not baiting you, I’m just asking a question and trying to figure out what you think. There’s no use just acting the victim when someone asks you a genuine question smh
  • Options
    You asked me a question and I gave an answer, thinking it was just a question. When you use that to pull me into another debate, that's baiting. I get hyper-focused on discussions sometimes. That doesn't mean I'm completely oblivious.