**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T4cc and solo players...

124»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KillSwitch wrote: »
    Kabam does a horrid job of progressing their different player levels, and simply cater to the current big spenders when it comes to the resources to quickly advance your champions. The only way around it is to become a big spender yourself or play this game 24/7. Moving players up the level of commitment is certainly not one of their strengths, or even something that they try to do. The outlook of the company's decisions are very much based in the short-term, and we could be talking about a game that doesn't exist in another year or two, given the current pace and inevitable burnout/retirement of many big spenders. The gap between the regular player and the big spenders grow immensely every single day, and that is a recipe for disaster when talking about a long-term business plan.

Pretty much none of these statements are true. For all their faults, Kabam has managed the game through three years of high revenue and player growth, and there's plentiful evidence that they've managed player progression curves well over that time. Players joining now progress significantly faster than in the past, achievement is quicker, and you can do more without spending than you could at any time in the past. There are examples of veteran players reaching the highest levels of achievement without spending a cent and there are examples of players starting accounts recently and putting in only a relatively moderate amount of time and making strong progress.

The only thing that really costs money in this game is impatience: if you want to go faster than the time you want to put into the game will take you, then that will cost you money. That is the absolute best you can hope for in a free to play game. In fact, one of the biggest things people slam Kabam for is actually a blessing in disguise: people keep complaining that Kabam doesn't offer great value in their cash offers. That's *exactly* what you want in a well-balanced F2P game: the people spending a lot of money get less for that cash than they would have gotten if those big cash offers had tremendous value. When a game puts exceptionally good value into cash offers, the game becomes pay to win - because the value in those offers is so good anyone who doesn't buy them gets quickly left behind. In this game as in every game, the super spenders can buy their way to very high progress levels, but anything short of that and the spending only gets you moderately far ahead of people just playing the game. High cost for low value is what keeps most spenders much closer to the rest of the player base than you'd expect.

Kabam does lots of things wrong, but the irrational hatred many players express for them blinds them to the difference between what they do wrong and what they do right that just looks bad.

A bunch of word salad

He leaves out how moderate solo progression can enhance the alliances and jumps straight to assuming that solo progression would be equal to the progression of 30 member alliance.

People doing Map 3 and getting less T4CC shards from a crystal than if they sold a t3cc or t3b. Let that sink in for a second.

Always quick to say in other games, xyz. Well in other games there would be players dedicated to gathering specific resources for the guild, and different players would be required to do different things not so here. It’s every crystal for him/herself.

This is a fighting game, not Destiny, World of Warcraft Star Wars Galaxies or any other resource gathering MMO. It’s closer to Street Fighter than any of those.

This game is successful in spite of itself, the community for the most part tries to offer up suggestions to improve the playability of the game in hopes of extending its longevity.

"Word salad" is what people call a bunch of words that appear to have no meaning. Having accused me of spitting out word salad, you proceeded to make up meanings for the words and then have an argument with an imaginary friend. Wouldn't this be just as entertaining for yourself if you did it in your own head, but with much less typing effort?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I for one never said that I hate kabam. That is flat out untrue. I am harsh in criticism sometimes...as for managing the curve...that began way late...maybe too late...when they began to realize they had created a tier where everyone had duped maxed 5s and were bored walking through arenas and quests when the majority of us were still working to rank even a reasonable number of 4☆ 5/50s. They gave a few crystals out...shards and ran a few cat quests. Then when that wasn't enough they added them to the monthly quest events. Well it still isn't enough...with all the things they have done right and managed right t4cc ain't one of em!
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★

"Word salad" is what people call a bunch of words that appear to have no meaning. Having accused me of spitting out word salad, you proceeded to make up meanings for the words and then have an argument with an imaginary friend. Wouldn't this be just as entertaining for yourself if you did it in your own head, but with much less typing effort?

That’s actually pretty funny coming from you
    And i have had patience...that is wearing thin...i am not uncollected...yet...i will advance as it makes sense. I do not consider going through a ton of items to plow through any material as much of an achievement. Many do that to get "uncollected" and it is just another form of buying your way through (weither you use purchased units or saved its buying the win). Save enough units, buy enough units, be hard headed and stuborn enough to not give up no matter what it costs? Anyone can do that. Not all can have the patience i have...it is interesting though...patience takes self discipline...lack of it? Well you get the point.
    That was Custers approach...
    The thing i find oddest about it is that even if they had made it possible for lower tiers to keep up...the spending would have continued because so few have patience anymore. Its a drive through world we live in!
    Whatever they gave out there would still be those who just had to have "more"...or "the most!" The same is true now...
    I'd also lime to add, for the record, it isn't much of an achievement if you got through shutting down the game just before you were about to lose and counting on a data delay to give you more time...before you drop a revive...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Blax4ever wrote: »

That’s actually pretty funny coming from you

I guess that means no, then.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    This thread has gone so far off the rails. I’m not sure why it hasn’t been closed yet @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Even though I'm in an alliance, kabam could add something to help solo players(not something too huge but just enough to help solo players progress without falling behind)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Rap I haven't read through all the thread and I'm sure you've heard this before but lots of alliances don't require you to do every event or spend. Joining one will make a world of difference. You might even find people you like. We just got a t4cc I won't even open for free with no effort from the gifting event (all gifts free from login rewards). Do what you think is best though and I wish you luck.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    OP is just unhappy that he is getting slower progression compared to others due to HIS choice. And the frequency of posting in his own thread is just attention seeking.

Don’t whine about having 3/30s. T4Bs are soooo readily available that, unless you’re new, it’s a shame to talk about having less than 5 4* 4/40s, which, I will add, are more than capable of clearing A4 and RtL.

OP’s concerns:
    - Long term solo player by choice but unhappy about his progression pace
    - Is apparently a very good player *shrug*
    - Unwilling to spend items to clear content
    - Laments about how Alliance related rewards should be trickled down to solo players
  • sapiosapio Posts: 5
    I stopped to play in alliance just in the moment in which I became uncollected (10 months ago), I had only 4 four star rank 5 and 2 five star rank 3. This was enough to stop play in ally and to play solo. It is difficult to earn class cathalist but in this time I did 3 five star rank 4 and others 3 four star rank 5. With the next events I could open also the first 6 star. I have no problem with gold, iso, alpha 1 or basic cata since I rank up few pg . I dont need to play arena anymore. Using 2 or more accounts you can do enough to earn some glory point every week and farm boost 20% every 8 days. So it is possible to play solo and progress slowly but you have to begin when you have enough resouces and you are uncollected
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    KillSwitch wrote: »
    Kabam does a horrid job of progressing their different player levels, and simply cater to the current big spenders when it comes to the resources to quickly advance your champions. The only way around it is to become a big spender yourself or play this game 24/7. Moving players up the level of commitment is certainly not one of their strengths, or even something that they try to do. The outlook of the company's decisions are very much based in the short-term, and we could be talking about a game that doesn't exist in another year or two, given the current pace and inevitable burnout/retirement of many big spenders. The gap between the regular player and the big spenders grow immensely every single day, and that is a recipe for disaster when talking about a long-term business plan.

That's interesting. Why do you think they'll be gone in the next year or two?

The way I see it, MCOC will not go away any time soon. No matter how much backlash or "boycott" the community cries out, they seem to be getting stronger : https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=mcoc,/m/012hdd85

And yes, it does make sense to cater to the big spenders. Sure, they need to move people into the funnel and get them to be big spenders, and just like any other free to play game, majority of the players will not be big spenders. And there would be quite a number of churn. But that's expected.

To the topic at hand for example, I dont think they will ever cater to solo players except to try and move them into alliances. Churn is already bad when it comes to solo gaming. If they want better staying power, they need to encourage multiplayer gaming.

At the end of the day, the game is about two things - alliances and arena. Questing is just a means to ramp up new players. But sooner or later (roughly around the time you start getting 3* and before getting 4*), you'll find that soloing the game will get you nowhere (or somewhere really really slow). And to progress further, you would need to join an active alliance and/or grind in arena. Sure, there are end game content, but that's just to give players something to aim for.

The formula has worked well for Kabam so far. And I dont think it will change anytime soon.
    LoL no i am bent about the fact that this is a game...and there are people out there who think the virtual objects to play the game are worth real money...90 bucks plus worth of units for a t4cc package? And so they are kept like they are gold from lower tier players...And i am infinitely amused by that fact that some of you believe you have accomplished something that makes you solmehow superior or special. I think you are just butt hurt cause you spent money and don't want anyone getting anything more easily than you, because you feel you "greatness" threatened. There is an old saying, "something is only worth what people are WILLING to pay for it..." Once someone gave in and spent at that rediculous price all bets were off about getting kabam to reprice items more realisticly and reasonably..."a fool and his money..." and so it has been tightly controlled because of a lack of self control...onteresting how desperate you are to see yourselves as "the winners"! And others as inferior...hold on to that if it helps you feel better about yourself. I dont have anything to prove. I started this string to ask for changes and those of you who have grown so great use it to attack people...i am sorry for you if ypur virtual achievements in this game are all you have to cling to to define yourself as a success...
    Maybe you would achieve greatness in the real world if you spent as much time and effort and had the same obsessive drive out there...but here? LOL i guess it is easier for you to be a hero.
    Take a look at yourself in the context of the real world? What did you REALLY accomplish? In the yhe real world? Yesterday? The day before? What impact? What achievement will you claim that isn't virtual. You are just pathetic cyber bullies and i for one could care less what you did in mcoc, how you did it, or what you think or believe about me...the subject IS and WAS (and kabam knows this is true) that there is an unfair deficit at the lower levels. They ARE addressing it...TOO SLOWLY!
    No question i have these issues because i chose not to join an alliance...but i made it through 4 on free supplies and have a rating of 375k and...

I Did it with one hand tied behind my back! LOL! Later! Done here!
  • Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    all this time complaining but you could have joined an alliance for a week during the gifting event and gotten a free T4CC crystal
    Yes that software from etzy allows you to do amazing things and if all you gotta do is turn the game on and off i can beat master with 3 stars...not interested in playing like that.