**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Getting burnt spending money.

PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
Is it just me or do other people feel like you get so burnt when you spend money on Character Crystals? Spend 5 bucks and you get burnt for a 2 star character every time. I feel like it just a waste of money and probably not going to do it anymore. It seems its only worth it for like tier 4 catalysts n stuff like that maybe. Just because they are so hard to get right now. I think im done spending money on this unless the Characters chances are better if you spending real money..

Comments

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    It’s your choice to decide whether or not it’s a good deal...
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Crystals are not a good value in my opinion. Now that they good folks at Apple have forced them to list drop rates you can make the decision for yourself as an informed consumer. You see the percentages right there. Mastery spending is a better use of units than crystal spending.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I guess for the price they charge for the crystals I thinking the drop rates should be a bit better. I guess I get a little but hurt with this whole pay to play scheme developers use now. I feel like my money should go alot further in a game like this. lol
    Just wondering if other people just feel like they get ripped off all the time with this game when they spend money on the crystals. I get suckered on those flash deals and then bummed everytime haha. Just starting to feel like I should just forget about those or do people acually have good luck with them. The drop is supposed to be better for 4 stars.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    I have a rule of thumb - Do not spend money or units on any crystals that has 2* champs in it.
    Follow it and your disappointment level will drop by atleast 50%
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Unit based crystals are a very bad value proposition.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Pseudouber wrote: »
    Is it just me or do other people feel like you get so burnt when you spend money on Character Crystals? Spend 5 bucks and you get burnt for a 2 star character every time. I feel like it just a waste of money and probably not going to do it anymore. It seems its only worth it for like tier 4 catalysts n stuff like that maybe. Just because they are so hard to get right now. I think im done spending money on this unless the Characters chances are better if you spending real money..

The chances don't get better when you spend money, except insofar as spending money gives you more crystals to open. It is generally not worth it unless you have way more money than time.

What you have to understand about most F2P games is that for the game to be widely appealing the game has to provide an avenue for you to progress without spending a ton of money. But for the game to exist, it has to make a lot of money to fund development. The way most F2P games try to square that circle is to make progress take time, and then allow spending money to accelerate that progress. The game taxes impatience. Patience is free. Impatience is expensive. Choice is yours.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Crystals are a waste of money. The only way that would worth it would be of you were guaranteed to get any 4*.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Loads of youtubers and forum posters tend to say that crystals are very bad value. I agree with seatin that units (and money) should be saved for mastery unlocking, energy and especially good deals with awakening gems.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    😂😂😂 why the heck would a person spend real money on crystals with those odds anyways. I have some swamp land I need to sell ya
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    😂😂😂 why the heck would a person spend real money on crystals with those odds anyways. I have some swamp land I need to sell ya

Ok, you may find OP interested and strike a good deal with you.
    Just curious, does your Swamp Land come with Swamp Thing or Man Thing?

42rjgw0gk3fi.png
  • You’ll be much happier and much wealthier if you don’t spend on this game.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    You’ll be much happier and much wealthier if you don’t spend on this game.

I thought he would be much happier "if he quits this game" :D
    and only $5 dollar wealthier "if he doesn't spend on this game"? :D

LOL, just kidding, but true, happier and wealthier not spending here ;)
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Man thing for the win @shchong2
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Spend money only resources for advancement or shards for either 4* or 5* where you know you will get a 4* or a 5*.

Spending money for units hoping to pull a 4* or 5* either from the featured 4* or featured 5* or GrandMaster is a huge waste of money.

But there are those who are far few in between who are lucky they will actually get a 4* or 5* from those.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    ANTI_HERO3 wrote: »
    I spent 250 dollars on the sabretooth crystal. All I got was 3 star champs. I'm not dropping another dime on the game

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

The drop rates are really bad and even if you end up with a few 4s you would be very unsatisfied. My hope was that by now the amount of money that was spent on these crystals would be so low that they would raise the odds. Nope, at least not yet.

The odds would need to be increased by 10 fold at least for the 5 star and featured rates to even be discussion worthy. These percentages are disgusting. Some very expensive lessons being taught here on how to spend money.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I’m just curious why they are so bad, don’t they want our money ? Paying players are just being taken advantage of.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    I know I am personally more likely to spend money if I know what I am getting. Gambling in the current manner is dumb.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    ANTI_HERO3 wrote: »
    I spent 250 dollars on the sabretooth crystal. All I got was 3 star champs. I'm not dropping another dime on the game

You spent eight hundred dollars on speaker cables on Amazon. You can choose to learn not to ever buy anything on Amazon again, or you can choose to learn to not spend money on ridiculous things on Amazon again.
    Yeah kinda over spending money at these prices. Everything is so much. Like units for 99 bucks.. WTF. Xbox games arent even that much and you get the whole game lol. not just get to play with one new character..maybe if your lucky. I just feel like I would actually spend more money if things were a more reasonable price. like throwing around 1.99 here and there is nothing but dropping like 10 bucks for weak ****..no way..
  • ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Man thing for the win @shchong2

I vote Swamp Thing simply because the unedited version of that movie was really good. ;)

But seriously though, don't spend money or units on crystals @Pseudouber. If you are a newer player money and units are best spent on masteries that will help you grow and conquer more content that will lead to more crystals and stuff.