**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rifts/maintence

I started a rift and got 1 fight in then game went down for maintence . Will I continue where I left off?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    You'll probably lose your Entrance Fee. You have an hour to complete it from the time you open one.
  • Options
    HarryhoudiniHarryhoudini Posts: 42
  • Options
    Is it finished? I haven't checked. I usually give it a couple hours.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    You’ll lose the entrance fee and the 5k rift shards you get at the end :(

I started a heroic rift run last week and stopped right at the boss, had something to do. Came back and had lost my 10k for starting the run and the 5k master shards I would received at the end 😡. I’m aware of the hour, I had to put my phone down and forgot to complete it.

Now the rift shards they sell us towards the end will not be an “extra” run at master, it’ll be a makeup run😔
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    I started a rift and got 1 fight in then game went down for maintence . Will I continue where I left off?

In every other case where this type of thing occurred, the mission timed out as if the player failed to complete, unless maintenance was short enough to allow the player to get back in quickly enough. The timer doesn't stop when the game is down, and never has before.

You will technically continue where you left off, but because you will have no time left the mission will immediately exit.
  • Options
    That sucks, timer should pause with maintence
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    None of the in-game timers pause with maintenance. This is why Kabam posts several reminders in the game beforehand.

Kabam - We will shut down.
    K - Seriously, we're going to shut down.
    K - No really, we're going offline for maintenance.
    K - Use up your energy because maintenance is soon.
    <Shuts down for maintenance>
    player - why did no one say the game would be down!!
  • Options
    NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Unfortunately for you it’s wasted. Truth is, maintenance happens the same time, every week. This was poor decision making on your part.
  • Options
    I never said no one said anything, it was a simple mistake . Go troll somewhere else....
  • Options
    Also I’ve heard many players get a orange banner with a timer warning for maintenance. I’ve never seen this before
  • Options
    There was an Email sent.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I get the orange banner sometimes but it's not consistent at all
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I get the orange banner sometimes but it's not consistent at all
  • Options
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Loto
    @Kabam Zibiit
    Could you please give me some actual useful information
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    😀
  • Options
    We just did. If you open a Rift, you have an hour to complete it, Maitenance or not. They announce Maintenance ahead of time, and they notified us of this one days ago.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Loto
    @Kabam Zibiit
    Could you please give me some actual useful information

What exactly are you looking for? You have been provided the same information the rest of us have and have gotten it EVERY WEEK since you started playing.

This regular maintenance isn't a surprise to anyone. The rifts specifically say you have one hour to complete them. If you waste that hour during the point when the game is in maintenance, it is your fault.

We troll posts like this because the OP did something dumb and these threads usually evolve into trying to back-door into some sort of "bail me out of my mistake" compensation request.
  • Options
    That’s trolling, not useful information
  • Options
    You have one hour to complete the rifts. Timers do not stop during maintenance. If you started it before maintenance began, you will ultimately forfeit the remaining portion of your timer.

There is nothing for Kabam to confirm.
  • Options
    No, just trying to get a useful response from someone that knows something . Not useless information that I already know....
  • Options
    Now you're sounding like the troll.
  • Options
    Speaking for myself, I am not trolling you. That's the information. Also, the Forum is here for us to communicate with each other, not just with Moderation. I haven't formed any judgments on you, but I am telling you, your Rift will be over.