**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The next 5* featured crystal is almost here. Will the pool be announced in advance of the release?

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
The new 5* featured hero crystal release is ~18 days away from the day of this post (~May 7th release).

For the 6* crystal we received a hero pool ~7 days in advance of crystal release.
For the 6* featured crystal we received a hero pool ~14 days in advance of crystal release.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43301/5-star-featured-crystal-change-discussion-thread/p1

Will you announce the pool of 18 each time it changes?
We do plan on sharing the list every time the crystal is updated.

Will there be an announcement of the new crystals hero pool in advance? If so can you tell us how early we will be informed? This to some will be critical as the crystal will release ~5 days after the start of AW Season 2.

Comments

• Options
    The new 5-star featured crystal is now a little over two weeks away. Season 2 of AW, however, is only 9-ish days away.

Will there be an announcement of the new 5-star featured crystals hero pool in advance of its release date in 15 days (from the posting of this)? This information may be critical, and would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Agreed. If not announcement at least a timeline of when to expect one! I have 35k shards burning my pockets and would like to know if it's worth the wait.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 649 ★★★★
    I’m wondering the same thing. Getting close to new featured and would like to know before I pop any more 5*s.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Really hoping for way less of the garbage champs in the crystal this time. I can't imagine too many people got the 15k crystal so I am hopeful they realized why and put fewer meme champs in.
  • Options
    FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    I am hoping for a shot at 5* killmonger.
  • Options
    I'm just hoping to have an official list soon.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 649 ★★★★
    I think two weeks a good window of advance notice. Gives you time to save and make an informed decision.
  • Options
    Hopefully at the latest we will know by May 1st. By how the quote is worded it seems like we might not know till the day of :confused:
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I may as well start saving now. I've got to have better luck in the feature than I've had in the regular crystal recently.

I've got a tech, skill, mutant, cosmic, and mystic AGs and no one to use them on.
  • Options
    The 7 day mark would be the day before the start of Season 2. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    If they are keeping trash champions in it they should tell us NOW so we don’t waste more time waiting.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I figured that I would need at least 12 desirable champs to make it worth my while. In this new crystal, I see 16.
  • Options
    _Mac_203_Mac_203 Posts: 40
    But yet they still put champs like SIM, Gambit, IF, Ms Marvel, HB, nothing like spending 15k shards and getting garbage lol
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Much better but still 15k shards for an equal opportunity at the worst champ in the game Kamala is frightening.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    The new list is better than the last one, but that didn't take much.

So funny (not in the good way) that the Game Team is choosing not to update crystals people earned to the new pool. It's unnecessarily punitive and inconsistent with past practice.

Wondering if the Vancouver office is trying to tank MCOC to buy it back out of Netmarble at a discount? Maybe they're holding back on implementing interesting content and respect for customers on purpose?
    If you had a medusa 5* featured crystal and waited until the timer ended, would it switch over to a blade crystal? Nope. And it’s the same here, the old featured doesn’t change to new featured.
  • Options

So funny (not in the good way) that the Game Team is choosing not to update crystals people earned to the new pool. It's unnecessarily punitive and inconsistent with past practice.

Wondering if the Vancouver office is trying to tank MCOC to buy it back out of Netmarble at a discount? Maybe they're holding back on implementing interesting content and respect for customers on purpose?
    If you had a medusa 5* featured crystal and waited until the timer ended, would it switch over to a blade crystal? Nope. And it’s the same here, the old featured doesn’t change to new featured.

Somewhat reasonable but the Blade and Medusa crystals are “named” crystals and 5* featured isn’t.
  • Options

Yeah, not sure what he was thinking. It's definitely consistent.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    MarzGroove wrote: »

Somewhat reasonable but the Blade and Medusa crystals are “named” crystals and 5* featured isn’t.

I don't see how that's especially relevant. What matters is the crystal specifies specific contents. The general rule seems to be that when a crystal explicitly states specific contents that's a distinct crystal whose contents don't change. When a crystal doesn't specify its contents except for rarity (rank or otherwise) then that crystal isn't a distinct crystal and its contents are determined when they are spun.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »

I don't see how that's especially relevant. What matters is the crystal specifies specific contents. The general rule seems to be that when a crystal explicitly states specific contents that's a distinct crystal whose contents don't change. When a crystal doesn't specify its contents except for rarity (rank or otherwise) then that crystal isn't a distinct crystal and its contents are determined when they are spun.

Right. And usually the former are "named" and the latter are not.