**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Would You Have Bought the $99 Awakening Gem Deal If It Were For a 5 Star?

Evil_TwinEvil_Twin Posts: 66
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Only answer this question if you did NOT buy the 4 star deal.

Would You Have Bought the $99 Awakening Gem Deal If It Were For a 5 Star? 157 votes

Yes - especially since it is getting harder to dupe 5 star champs
49%
DNA3000GroundedWisdomNoobeeustlhTerrynicks_21Mr_3xcelsiorhurricantRehctansBewVavasourBearz_RuleShrimkinsDeeparvignews85DLegendxVxNotoRiouSxVxDJSmitty21JustBeFineTBJ1118j00mBAIndrick781 77 votes
No - still too high priced for me
50%
OwGssEtaki_LirakoiRotmgmoddyVdh2008FlazinatorNo_More_HeroesDARKLOKIFthewiggGolden_GuardianBadroseFuzzylumpsBitterSteelHaji_SaabNoob_2yrsRomanoffBrotherTimone147stakDarkstar4387CaixaaAppie 80 votes

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Not a chance
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    5 stars are the future. So yeah, worth buying if it was for a 5*
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I said no, solely because I think spending anywhere near a triple digit number just for in-game items is considered crazy in my perspective.

That being said, I agree it would have been more reasonable if the awakening deal was a 5* gem and not a 4* gem considering that price.
  • messmess Posts: 38
    those prices are ridiculous
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    For a 5* awakening gem of the class I want?! Hell yes!
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    I'd say yes though I still think that it isn't worth that much
  • AjarAjar Posts: 64
    No, but because kabam is going to be nerfing the best champs soon again.This post sounded exactly like the post a few months before the last nerf and again the same offer we had before xmas(Double the price of course(KABAM <333333,is doing everything for their beloved players))
    7b2qfak94ty6.png
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    The fact he said champion specific tells you right there that they will be nerfing champs and they already know who and when.
  • No - still too high priced for me
    to get me ahead of all the rich people catching up to me you need to offer me a champ specific 4* crystal. When will this happen, 4 or 6 months?
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    $99 is nothing to me, but for a slight advantage in a F2P mobile game? I would have to hit a new low.

Not taking shots at those who spend. If you don't mind it, go for it.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    No, hell no. $100 Is a riddicouls amount to of money to spend on some in-game items that are probably worth a lot less.

I can't see myself spending more than $30 on them, which would be a reasonable price not the over inflated ones that kabam keeps coming up with.

• X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Still too expensive, but I'd have at least considered it.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    100%, I'd buy 5 of them.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    You said if the offer were 5* instead of 4* (meaning you get to choose your class). Yes I would buy. If they offered a 5* awakening gem crystal for $100, hell no. I've been burned with 3 5* tech awakening gems and I sure as hell don't need another.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Rather earn it or be lucky in the dimensional rifts.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I said no, solely because I think spending anywhere near a triple digit number just for in-game items is considered crazy in my perspective.

I agree its crazy and I don't think they should do it. But if I'm being honest, I would probably be tempted to do it.

I should qualify that, though. My motivation for doing so would be to position myself to better help my alliance. If I wasn't in an alliance and playing the game solo, I definitely would not buy that just for my own sense of progression. In fact, I would be more likely to not buy, specifically because it would sabotage my sense of personal progress. I cannot justify for my own personal self spending $100 to improve my own personal gameplay experience, and I can easily afford it. But I'm not judging anyone else that thinks differently.

• DefJ123DefJ123 Posts: 54
    For $140 CDN, I'd rather buy some crazy sex toy.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Absolutely not. I think these prices are outrageous across the board. For around that price, I have bought DLC with multiple champs of my choosing on console games, which are far more complex and sophisticated than this mobile game.

I have spent much more than this on other games, but I have gotten so much more for what I spent.
  • Evil_TwinEvil_Twin Posts: 66
    I think this is a pretty clear message to Kabam. A bunch of people that DIDN'T spend the $99 for a class-specific 4* awakening gem + 40 sigs would buy if it were for 5* class-specific awakening gem and sig stones (even 20 sigs might be enough). And there are a number of people that would not spend $99 even if it was 5* - so they certainly wouldn't buy the 4* deal.

$99 is a lot of money for a digital asset. We all know that. However, I believe based on this quick poll and the other players that I talk to - that thousands of MCOC players would go for a 5* deal for $99. 50,000 users buying this deal would almost $5M (with a gross profit of nearly $5M). Not a bad day's work.

Many of us - for some crazy reason - are willing to spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars into this game. Just give us good deals that don't make you seem out of touch with the vast majority of your community.

And please, please stop telling us that not all deals are for everyone.