Why is nothing being done about piloting?

124»

Comments

  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    that's another thing to consider: one summoner covering another one summoner can be a forgivable offense.
    hardcore full-alliance organized piloting should be grounds for ban, and i mean ban the alliance from the season, or at the very least ban from matchmaking for a week, like someone else mentioned

    That's one of the reasons I suspect account sharing is a zero-exception offense.

    Unless, of course, your in-game name starts with an 's' and rhymes with, appropriately enough, 'cheatin'.

    Without getting into specifics because that is against the forum rules, I'm unaware of Kabam making an exception in that case. Kabam specifically stated that account sharing, even in that case, was against the rules. You might disagree with the punishment levied in that case, but the conduct itself was not excused by Kabam.

    There WAS no punishment for the account sharing. He only got 'punished' for his early access Killmonger being used in war defense.
    The account sharing was incidental to that and remains unpunished - no loss of points or rating or rewards.
    Actually, they were part of the same punishment. It wasn't "There's one violation, but we let the other slip.". It was part-and-parcel. People don't believe it because they want to see a ban. Punishment has always been up to their discretion. It was made an example, and it wasn't just KM in War.

    How was it making an example? So now I know that if I account share I'll be kicked off the content creators program that I'm not a part of?
    Gosh that is really teaching me a lesson isn't it
    When it's mentioned in the Thread on the Program that someone was removed, and it was learned they were Account Sharing, that's an example. Word travels fast, and people knew exactly who it was. Just because they never banned him doesn't mean they ignored it. Honestly, it's hard to tell if people care about the cheating, or they want to see him personally fry.

    I want to see all cheaters get banned. That shouldn't be too hard for them to do, and in fact it is part of the ToS, but it seems sometimes that there are different strokes for different spenders.

    It seems pretty clear from many posts about the subject that in many cases alliances are getting war rating removed for piloting, but no actual player appears to be getting banned at the same time so no one knows for certain which player triggered the ban. That means first time offenses are not generally generating bans in all cases. If the policy is to remove rating for piloting alliances but only give warnings to the actual pilots under certain conditions, then in fact the content creator in question did not receive a lighter punishment than many other players apparently being detected as pilots. You could argue they received stronger punishment due to the potential visibility of the problem.

    The notion that they got off lighter than other players on average is not supported by the facts.

    Actually, his alliance did not recieve a drop in war rating or points at all, so people might still argue he got of lighter.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Ok you guys brought down war ratings before the season started and the legit alliances thought you guys where gonna stop piloting once and for all! But of course with the leaderboards coming of today for season 2 we see all the piloting ally’s from last season are still top of the leaderboards, it’s funny they’ve been piloting since the new AW format has come out & the members who haven’t played AW in months are clearing their paths without any deaths?! I’m an officer in LGN-1 (I think the only ally from Master bracket who didn’t get their war rating reduced because we’ve NEVER piloted) and we’ve got matched 2 out of 3 matches with a piloting alliance with hard video evidence & screenshots of them proving they pilot still, we’ve all sent in multiple tickets to Kabam & nothing has come about it. It’s very aggravating to the legit alliances that other ally’s can’t play with class & with honor. Kabam needs to do something NOW about this! We’ve had a long time member quit yesterday because he’s sick of kabam not doing anything besides empty threats! We wanna know what’s going on? Bans need happen & alliances that are clearly piloting need to not get rewards for a whole season to prove you guys mean business, until you do something drastic they will continue to do this! Lowering their war rating just helped them get easier wars for the upcoming season, cmon kabam you’re better than this. You also need to boost the alliances that got screwed from season points by piloting alliances

    Out of curiosity, what possible “hard video evidence” could you have that proves piloting?

  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Who cares about the any of that. The dude cheated and got punished. After his punishment Kabam said they were going to be taking a more strict approach. Get over it. Be happy that things are changing for the better, and that this form of cheating is finally being dealt with.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,587 ★★★★
    Namo10 wrote: »
    But what is the video evidence?

    I mean if someone takes a fight, and then a minute later the next one moves... you ever think that this happens.

    @blabla I am about to take a fight, you free to take yours after so I can boost up?

    @yaya yep no worries, give us a shout when done...

    Bla bla takes fight... @yaya go go your free, nodes down.

    Yaya jumps on and does fight...

    @blabla node down mate your good to go...

    Bla bla jumps on and does fight.

    Soooo... that does happen, people communicate on Line, to arrange when to fight, so players might boost up and take full advantage.

    lol so naive of you...and how about when we have screen shots of the opposing alliance boasting of piloting? and in addition they get deducted -600 points from the AW rating and all of their win bonus points? Oh and demoted to gold category to very low levels of it? And now imagine you have faced that alliance twice in one week?

    Who really got punished here?

    Well, if you got screenshots of them boasting it that's fair enough.

    I'm not trying to say piloting doesn't happen, we are suspicious our current war opponents are doing it.

    But on the other hand, my example does happen, as we do that, making the most of boosts etc. Obviously doesn't happen every war as not everyone is free, but when we can, we try to get on at the same time.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    It’ll never get fixed. I’m tired of reporting every pilot hacker alliance I face. It is a waste of my time, I get the same canned email, and nothing happens.
    We are an 11.5mil Gold 2 ally. Faced a 7.5mil Turkish alliance, they just mowed through everything, even killing linked main bosses without dying.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,995 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    So define fry, because they take their own actions into account. Which is one of the reasons they don't discuss them, most likely. It leads to situations like this where people feel it should be more/less. Apparently they felt removal from the Program was sufficient enough, which is not uncommon when you have an honest working relationship at times. You can find that anywhere you go in life. Having a history yields a certain amount of leeway with these things. Had it been a prolonged occurrence, or had he not been honest, it might have gone the other way. Who knows? It's their call. It certainly wasn't ignored, or else they wouldn't have said anything at all.

    Nope. If there's leeway when it comes to account sharing then Kabam are breaking their own ToS. Again, because he's a spender.
    Account sharers should be banned - no matter who it is or what their history with Kabam is.

    What specific term of the TOS do you believe Kabam is breaking? Because I can find no specific statement that binds them to inflicting a specific punishment for any specific offense. The only statement I can find anywhere regarding what their response to a violation of terms of service will be is this one: "If you break our terms of service, action will be taken against your account."

    You seem to have a very specific idea about how the world should work. However, that idea is not how the vast majority of people who operate video games, or for that matter how all people in general, believe the world should work. When you break someone else's rules within their sphere of influence, they generally have a lot of discretion as to how to deal with you. Your belief that they should be bound to a specific response in all cases isn't reflected in most parts of all of existence.

    Blah blah blah too many words I can't be bothered reading. You seem to have a very specific ability to write way too many words in the most boring way imaginable.

    You're wrong.

    Good job. Keep it up 😀
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 855 ★★★
    This thread is still going on? Be mad at modders (welp, at least the ones whose mods still start up after the 18.1 fix), they can't catch them in war so they do the next best thing and fix the return data loophole and just block the apks. Flipping out over piloting in war is a joke because my 11 year old could pilot and kill everyone's champs on tile 4. And now the season restarts in 6 days apparently. Nice going, people.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Why are you guys still responding to this? Lol this was fixed a couple hours after I posted it
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    So define fry, because they take their own actions into account. Which is one of the reasons they don't discuss them, most likely. It leads to situations like this where people feel it should be more/less. Apparently they felt removal from the Program was sufficient enough, which is not uncommon when you have an honest working relationship at times. You can find that anywhere you go in life. Having a history yields a certain amount of leeway with these things. Had it been a prolonged occurrence, or had he not been honest, it might have gone the other way. Who knows? It's their call. It certainly wasn't ignored, or else they wouldn't have said anything at all.

    Nope. If there's leeway when it comes to account sharing then Kabam are breaking their own ToS. Again, because he's a spender.
    Account sharers should be banned - no matter who it is or what their history with Kabam is.

    What specific term of the TOS do you believe Kabam is breaking? Because I can find no specific statement that binds them to inflicting a specific punishment for any specific offense. The only statement I can find anywhere regarding what their response to a violation of terms of service will be is this one: "If you break our terms of service, action will be taken against your account."

    You seem to have a very specific idea about how the world should work. However, that idea is not how the vast majority of people who operate video games, or for that matter how all people in general, believe the world should work. When you break someone else's rules within their sphere of influence, they generally have a lot of discretion as to how to deal with you. Your belief that they should be bound to a specific response in all cases isn't reflected in most parts of all of existence.

    Blah blah blah too many words I can't be bothered reading. You seem to have a very specific ability to write way too many words in the most boring way imaginable.

    You're wrong.

    Good job. Keep it up 😀

    Except for this remark, I've disagreed with all your comments on this thread. A quote: 'Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.'
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,995 ★★★★★
    "A cheaters punishment is to live a life of mistrust because they live in constant fear that the person that cheated with them will also cheat on them. Some call it poetic justice, but I call it karma."
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,330 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    that would be someone that played by the rules taking spoils, and someone that cheated not getting spoils

    No, it would be double retribution. They can't reasonably assume you would have won, and if they're removing War Rating AND Points, people will also be going up in positions, from doing the right thing. What the suggestion would result in is benefitting from someone else's mistakes. A bit greedy, IMO.

    It shouldn't matter. You should't be able to cheat and get a victory. If you cheat in any way you should lose. The team that didn't cheat should be given the win by default.

    Weather or not a team would have lost had the cheating team not cheated is immaterial, because they cheated.

    If they're not keeping the Points or the Rating, then that's not a victory. What you're saying is they should give you the Rewards by default because they cheated, and remove spoils on top of that. Whether you would win or not is not irrelevant. You only deserve Rewards if you win and win fairly. Either way you spell it out, it's benefitting from someone else breaking the rules.

    Huh? You can't win fairly if someone is cheating. You understand this right?

    They also can't assume you would have won whether they played fairly or not. They're removing Rating and Points, which means the people playing by the rules will rise in standings. That's enough. Anything on top of that is just creating an equally-unfair situation.

    They don't have to assume you would've won. When the winner is disqualified in practically everything the next participant is awarded the victory not based on an assumption of what would have happened but because they were the next best after the disqualified party. It's not hard.

    You can't win by default, that's what I'm saying. You have to earn the Win the same. People are expecting an easy Win because the other Team cheated. If an Ally ended up with Master Rewards because they encountered enough cheating Allies, you'd never hear the end of it. Lol. Besides, it's equally-unfair. What they're doing now is enough.

    No, it isn't. So many wars come down to a few attack bonus points. It's not just that the team that was facing the cheaters and lose don't get awarded a victory, they lose war rating and potentially drop to a lower multiplier due to an unfair match. Punishing the cheater is good it's not enough.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
    I agree. Most of the reports go nowhere. We've reported several alliances and had video. It goes nowhere. So frustrating and nothing gets done. I don't even report them anymore. It's a waste of time.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I agree. Most of the reports go nowhere. We've reported several alliances and had video. It goes nowhere. So frustrating and nothing gets done. I don't even report them anymore. It's a waste of time.

    My alliance recently had war points restored for an AW matchup where our opponents clearly modded/hacked our defense. Not always a waste of time. I think now with how many piloting tickets are being submitted customer support has their hands full, alliance mates have received responses that they are not able to submit more tickets because they have they have reached their max limit.
Sign In or Register to comment.