Vanquishing Blows, Too Time Consuming [Merged Threads]

12346

Comments

  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Keep in mind the top rank reward of vanquishing blows is taked into account with thegaining 10mil dust. So most people will automatically lose dust on that, just by not ranking at the top.

    It's about a 1.3mil difference.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,867 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Its funny.....
    Really funny.....
    People complain for any and every reason....
    Heck like this thread, even complain for no reason.....

    It is hilarious is the fact everyone is complaing cus it is not as easy do as previous vanquishing blows..... yes it is not as easy but the milestones are also less than half....

    What is the most hilarious thing is this....

    everyone is comapring it to previous vanquishing blows events... if kabam instead called it “Thanos’ Wrath” there would be nowhere near the same complaints because it would be a new event....

    Milestones are cut by 50% but available champs to use are cut by 83%, sounds like a much better event!

    I know that math is hard, but at least try.

    The top milestone used to be 832,000 compared to 300,000 now. Of course, its impossible to do a direct comparison of the reward value between the events, but the top milestone is now 36% of the previous event. Since the points are now constant it takes exactly 75 successful completions to reach the top milestone. In the previous event the points were variable depending on star rating, from 4200 points possible (1*) to 6000 points possible with the vanquishing blow bonus. It would take at least 139 completions with vanquishing blow to reach the maximum milestone.

    Technically speaking, it is theoretically faster to reach the top milestone in the current event if you dedicate effort to it. However, very significantly, in the previous event you could earn points without actually managing to strike the correct vanquishing blow so you were always accruing points no matter what you did. The current event will be harder for players to reach the top milestone if they don't dedicate effort to it, and could be easier to reach for players that do dedicate effort to it (and can reliably strike vanquishing blows).

    How about we talk about reality? A normal arena run would net most of the rewards in the old event. Now on that same time in game in get 1/6 the points. So in REAL time, I have to auto fight RTTL for 30 min to make up for the lost points.

    Add that to the 30-45 min I have to spend on dungeons and 5 min on the mini events and that's over an hour of grinding on top of a normal arena/aq/aw day. How is that so hard for you to understand?

    I think I have some amount of understanding of that, since I specifically said something similar in the post you quoted but apparently did not read. In any case, faulting someone for inaccurate math then dismissing a post with the correct math is a sign you don't actually care about the facts you claim are significant.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 855 ★★★

    Those who have no life and can play 24/7 advance quicker rather than those who are skilled. Kabam needs to make many changes to the game and how rewards are earned (not just facerolling in arena 24/7) before people just get tired and quit altogether. This is happening at a rapid rate.

    Welp I'd wager the folks playing it a lot more often than others might actually be more skilled. Like, I've got almost 30 years experience editing and several industry awards and run a production house, so I'd say I'm a little more skilled than a 14 year old YouTuber. Not by much, but definitely with the tax writeoff skills.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    It’s the science event. Finish with a heavy. This is rediculously tedious. More dangled rewards asking for us to do the one thing that causes burnout in this game.... tedious, pointless gestures in repetition and for hours at a time. Arena times two. Brilliant.

    Well then......
    Dont do it......

    Play the game the way you wanna play the game.....

    If playing the game the way to maximise the rewards is boring and tedious... dont do it....
    Play the game in a manner that brings you fun and enjoyment and accept the rewards that brings you...

    If you cannot find enjoyment in the game without maximum rewards then this is not a game for you..

    I used to play runescape back in the day.... i loved it... heck i still thoughouly enjoy that kind of immersive mmorpg however i had to stop playing it as it was too time consuming. I was unable to play at a slow pace so as my life got busier and i had less time in front of my
    PC i had to stop.

    Now playing this game is great.... yes i do everything i can to maximise my rewards..... yes i grind arena as much as i can.. yes i get dissapointed when there is something that i cant find the time to do.... like all the dungeon milestones, and all of these milestones..... however i can still play without the rewards.... the rewards do not stop me from doing anything.... maybe i miss out on a 5* awakening gem... yes that frustrates me alot cus i really want one... i can still play the game as often and as much as i have time for and missing out on some rewards does not destroy the game.... you just need to choose what content you do when.....
    i have been playing for about 1yr and half now. I only just 100% act 4 cus i prioritised other content. I have become uncollected but not done anything else in act 5 as i dont have the time. I prioritised uncollected when the new eq difficulty came out....
    I have not done dungeons at all for 3 days ir any event quest because i instead devoted my time to get 4* cap iw from arena. I didnt have time for everything so i did what gave me the result i wanted most.... and yes i got cap but for the lst few days i got nothing else in game done

    To:dr
    Seriously play the game as much as you can and as much as you want to.... yes you are entiltled to be annoyed at rewards you may miss out on.... but remember this is a game.... play it and have fun.... prioritise what rewards you want the most and do the content that will help achieve that as quick as possible
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i did yesterday's and today's, and here's what i think:
    i think i did say it earlier today, and i'll say it again:

    the event is easy if you focus on doing it.
    the event is a tedious grind if you expect to get milestones just by playing like you always would.

    yes it is a grind even if you focus on it, but can be done in 1 or 2 hours. if you can spare countless hours to grind arenas, you can spare 2 hours to grind this.

    you have to play specifically for the event if you want to complete it, but in exchange, you complete it in significantly less time than the previous blows.

    this event is not as grindy as it seems at first sight, and from some of the coments i read, i suspect quite a few of the complains come from arena grinders that expected to get milestones by playing normally during their arena grinds

    Missed yesterdays but doing todays.....

    Rttl 1-1 costs 8 energy takes about 5 mins and nets 32000 points....
    Less than 1hour and top milestone is mine for the cost of pretty much 1 lot of energy.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,867 Guardian
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Play the game the way you wanna play the game.....

    If playing the game the way to maximise the rewards is boring and tedious... dont do it....
    Play the game in a manner that brings you fun and enjoyment and accept the rewards that brings you...

    The advice I would give in every MMO I've ever played was to decide first how you want to play, and then try to do the best you can within those limits. But set your limits first, or you will find that reward creep will lead you to do destructive things.

    The healthy standard to measure yourself by is the best that can be done by someone with your limits. Comparing yourself to the best that can be done by any means is something you should only do if you're prepared to do everything possible. Very few people should be willing to do that.

    The worst thing anyone can do is decide what they want to receive first, then decide how much time and effort it takes to get that. There will always be things that require more effort than you would comfortably want to expend, and no one's going to change the game so that everything will be achievable by you. Decide what your limits are, and anything that exists outside those limits simply doesn't exist for you. Otherwise you'll be disappointed and angry a lot.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 871 ★★★
    Conclusion: Vanquishing blows is too time consuming. Give more points per fight or reduce the milestones needed. Or something along the line.

    The game is fun and it is understandable with concept "No pain No gain" that you guys almost always use right now but this is absurd. Vanquishing blow is absurd. It is more doable to those that can spend more than 12H per day playing the game especially to those F2P players.

    The way the game is setting up for casual and hardcore players are just too big. The rewards differences to those 2 groups are just too big. Seems like you guys are making this game a new religion that you need to devote your life to gain better champs and rewards.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Fyi here is a run in rttl chp1
    32k points.... 8 energy.... 3min 59sec including checking my score before and after the quest....

  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    My biggest issue with the event, and where I think Kabam royally screwed up, is that it isn't fun. In the old system, blows actually made arena more enjoyable because you had to try and set up the perfect kill shot. In this system, where only 1/6 of your champs get points, arena isn't a viable option to realistically get all the milestones in the blows event and whichever arena you're grinding. It's more time consuming, you earn less rewards and is not as fun.

    Unless Kabam was trying to create an event that basically forced people to spend 30-45 min in RTTL map 1 this event is a complete failure.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    are you on iOS? i'm impressed by that loading time. my loading screens take between 15 and 30 seconds to finish loading

    Iphone 8plus....
    I upgraded from android so i know your pain.....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,710 ★★★★★
    My biggest issue with the event, and where I think Kabam royally screwed up, is that it isn't fun. In the old system, blows actually made arena more enjoyable because you had to try and set up the perfect kill shot. In this system, where only 1/6 of your champs get points, arena isn't a viable option to realistically get all the milestones in the blows event and whichever arena you're grinding. It's more time consuming, you earn less rewards and is not as fun.

    Unless Kabam was trying to create an event that basically forced people to spend 30-45 min in RTTL map 1 this event is a complete failure.

    So....they ruined an Event because people have to put a modicum of effort into it rather than organically getting Rewards from what they're already doing, without going out of their way? Is that the argument? Scandalous.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    My biggest issue with the event, and where I think Kabam royally screwed up, is that it isn't fun. In the old system, blows actually made arena more enjoyable because you had to try and set up the perfect kill shot. In this system, where only 1/6 of your champs get points, arena isn't a viable option to realistically get all the milestones in the blows event and whichever arena you're grinding. It's more time consuming, you earn less rewards and is not as fun.

    Unless Kabam was trying to create an event that basically forced people to spend 30-45 min in RTTL map 1 this event is a complete failure.

    So you want free stuff.....
    You want extra rewards for doing what you were doing before....

    This event gives rewards but you may have to change what you do if you want them....

    Makes sense to me..,.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So....they ruined an Event because people have to put a modicum of effort into it rather than organically getting Rewards from what they're already doing, without going out of their way? Is that the argument? Scandalous.
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    So you want free stuff.....
    You want extra rewards for doing what you were doing before....

    This event gives rewards but you may have to change what you do if you want them....

    Makes sense to me..,.

    Ugh, it's like talking to a wall. The event isn't hard and I don't want free stuff. I want something that is enjoyable to do, which this event does not do.

    There is no wonder that burnout is at an alltime high right now. Kabam just can't get out of their own way.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 517 ★★
    To be honest I've had no problems with this at all.. It doesn't take long plus the fact you don't get different points based on the star of the champ makes it feel like a lot less hassle.. 2-3* arena using the class of champ required pretty much gets the whole thing done.. Meaning I've used no energy and my 4 and 5* champs are still available for my main arena grind..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,867 Guardian
    So....they ruined an Event because people have to put a modicum of effort into it rather than organically getting Rewards from what they're already doing, without going out of their way? Is that the argument? Scandalous.
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    So you want free stuff.....
    You want extra rewards for doing what you were doing before....

    This event gives rewards but you may have to change what you do if you want them....

    Makes sense to me..,.

    Ugh, it's like talking to a wall. The event isn't hard and I don't want free stuff. I want something that is enjoyable to do, which this event does not do.

    There is no wonder that burnout is at an alltime high right now. Kabam just can't get out of their own way.

    I would appreciate this complaint more if this was actual distinct content. But this is just something that awards bonus points to players just for playing. You can dedicate time and effort to it if you want to maximize your rewards of course, but maximizing rewards often requires that. But you can completely ignore the event and simply get whatever bonus points the event gives you purely for playing normally.

    If you specifically had to enter a vanguishing blow event and change your gameplay to get anything out of it, then sure asking for that dedicated event to be more interesting makes sense. But you don't have to do that, players can decide not to change their gameplay habits at all and simply get less rewards. Given that, this seems to be more of an optional bonus than something the game compels you to adjust to. The event itself isn't boring because the event itself has no associated content to be bored in. The most efficient way to generate rewards from the event is boring I grant you, but anyone attempting to maximize rewards is choosing to sacrifice fun for reward efficiency completely voluntarily.

    To me, this is comparable to the situation where the devs announced that they were giving out, say, 100 dust per arena fight as a bonus, and people complaining that meant Kabam was forcing players to do thousands of boring arena fights to get what they wanted. I don't think that's a fair perspective.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    If you wanna maximise rewards grond rttl... heck keep doing it well past top milestone... heck do it for the entire 24 hours so you can get rank 1.... whatever you choose to do....

    If you wanna try and achieve it in a fun way then just bring appropriate champs into your fights and try and get the timing and such so you can finish fights the appropriate way.... it may be slow.... you
    May lose fights you would have otherwose won but it will be fun trying to adjust your fights to suit....

    You choose what you want out if this and how you go about it....
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    For those complaining if you havnt seen this may be useful to understand...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    v9hfbwszjkas.jpeg
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I think I’ll like these more then last time. Things like “end fight with incinerate” ment arena didn’t get me there unless I spend hours and hours in them. I didn’t have a Hyperion at that time, at least not one I could use in content I hadn’t completed yet, and didn’t want to grind rttl (which bakc then needed way more then 60 or 75 energy!)

    I do wish they would have gone for S2=4k points and that’s it. Instead of adding the class restriction to it. Or maybe they could have done cosmic S2 = 4k points, other classes S2 = 2k points. But last time they gave points for fights that where not ended with the right vanquising blow and I found that strange and I feel it’s normal they removed those points.
  • CromwelldkCromwelldk Posts: 49
    For how long is this event up for?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag company. Ran by compete scumbags. Granted they have to pull in profits, they're scumbags.

    If thats how u feel why do you play this game???

    Troll
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I'm gonna be passing on this and continuing to pass on all of these ridiculous heavy grind events with worthless rewards. If there was a reasonable amount of artifacts included, I might be interested.

    Not giving my life up for this stuff. It's warm out and I refuse to be glued to this game. There must be some kind of balance implemented to keep this game interesting besides selling kidneys to buy stuff and ignoring real life to grind out modestly valuable rewards.

    Additionally, I will be passing one double dungeon day for the same reason. It's my favorite holiday weekend and I will go enjoy it. Obviously that doesn't apply to all, and everyone can do what they see fit.

    This sums it up for me.

    I’m no longer engaged by the “sit and stare at a screen and tap a single button” events. Surely, they know most players run the mind-numbing RTTL quests for 1 energy each or Beginner/Normal EQ to get the required points. Why create events like this—especially when the most recent round of complaints was that dungeons were an overlay of even more time on an already time consuming game? It’s as if the game team has no idea of the way the game gets played...

    And to the additional point about putting the double dungeon day smack dab at the start of summer vacation for nearly all of North America and on Memorial Day weekend? Four years of playing this game and I continue to be shocked at how tone deaf Kabam is. Next thing you know, they will celebrate female empowerment by having an event that requires you to beat up female champs.

    Now cue up one of the usual masters of the obvious to drop in and say “it’s not mandatory—you don’t have to do it.”

    Dr. Zola
Sign In or Register to comment.